Explosion Dream Explanation — (See Agitation)
Sky Dream Explanation — In Arabic, there is only one word for sky and heaven, the same as in French. The sky symbolizes the king’s court and his entourage, which are as difficult to reach as the sky is (or used to be in ancient times).
• Anything falling from the sky, be it good or bad: That thing will come from Heaven.
• Climbing to the sky on a ladder: The dreamer will be dignified and reap benefits from the king.
• Climbing to the sky without any ladder or stairs: The dreamer will be disappointed and terrorized by the sultan. If the dreamer’s intention is to overhear, he will spy on the sultan and break into his palace or treasury to rob him. In case he reaches the sky, he will succeed. The reverse is also true.
• A sick person getting to the sky and failing to return: He will die and his soul will go to Heaven.
Sky Dream Explanation — • Falling from the sky: The dreamer will become an atheist. The sky opening to give way to an old man: A reference to the perseverance of the local people who will reap the fruit of their activities.
• The sky opening and a young man coming out of it: An enemy who will harm the people of the area or sow the seeds of dissension.
• Sheep coming from the sky: A booty (for etymological reasons, the two words in Arabic being ghanam and ghanima, respectively).
• A lion emerging from the sky: The people will be plagued with a wicked tyrant.
• Stealing the sky and hiding it in ajar: The dreamer will steal a mus haf, or Holy Quran book, and give it to his wife.
• Circling in the sky, then coming down: The dreamer will learn astronomy and occult sciences and make a name for himself.
Sky Dream Explanation — • Being called from Heaven: Good augury.
• Building a structure in Heaven: The dreamer will die. If the structure was made of bricks and plaster of Paris, the dream means that the subject is a vain person.
• Hanging on a rope from the sky: The dreamer is flying high.
• Being in Heaven without knowing since when: The dreamer will go to Paradise, if God wills.
• The sky turning green: A record crop that year.
• The sky turning into iron: Poor rain.
• The sky having been patched: Rain will be withheld.
• The sky being torn: Abundant rain.
Sky Dream Explanation — • Seeing numerous gates of Heaven: A reference to usury.
• Some flies, bees, birds, et cetera, coming from the gates of Heaven: Diluvial rain, in view of the Quranic verse: “Then opened We the gates of Heaven with pouring water.” (“Al-Qamar” [The Moon], verse 11.)
• Being close to the sky: The dreamer is close to God or, if his ambitions are not so great, to his superior and his prayers will be heard.
• Climbing to the sky and entering Heaven: The dreamer will die as a martyr.
Sky Dream Explanation — • Being in the first of seven heavens: (1) The dreamer will become a minister, if eligible, because, says Ibn Siren, this heaven is the orbit of the moon, the sky’s prime minister. (2) Death is near.
• Being in the second heaven (the orbit of Mercury): The dreamer will acquire knowledge and wisdom and enjoy self-sufficiency or contentment or will become a leader.
• Being in the third heaven (the orbit of Venus): The dreamer will be dignified and welcome everywhere and have plenty of girls and goods of all kinds, procuring the utmost joy.
• Being in the fourth heaven (the orbit of the sun): The dreamer will be close to the ruler.
• Being in the fifth heaven (the orbit of Mars): Terror, or the dreamer will become a police chief or a warrior, go to war, et cetera.
• Being in the sixth heaven (the orbit of Jupiter): The dreamer will be happy and prestigious and conclude fruitful business transactions.
• Being in the seventh heaven (the orbit of Saturn): The dreamer will be blessed and highly esteemed and own some real estate or a big farm.
Ascending the Sky or Heavens Dream Explanation — If a person sees himself as ascending and entering the Sky, he will attain martyrdom, become eminent in the sight of Allah, cross the siraat swiftly on the Day of Judgment, attain respectability in this world and be remembered in favorable terms by the people.
A Rope Coming From The Sky Dream Explanation — Abu Hurairah narrated that a man came to the Prophet Muhammad and said: "I had a dream of a cloud with shade dripping butter and honey. I saw the people scooping it up with their hands, some taking much and some taking little. I saw a rope extending from the sky to the earth. Then I saw you Prophet Muhammad! You took hold of it and went up, then a man took hold of it after you do so, then a man took hold of it after him to do so. Then a man took hold of it and it was severed, and then connected for him, and he did so (i.e. , went up)." Abu Bakr said: "May my father and mother be ransomed for you O Messenger of Allah! Allow me to interpret it." He said: "Interpret it." so he said: "As for the cloud with its shade, it is Islam. As for what the butter and honey that dropped from it, this is the Quran and its delicateness and sweetness. It means some of them gathered much of the Quran and some of them a little. As for the rope extending from the sky to the earth, it is the truth which you are upon, you clug to it and Allah exalted you. Then another man will take hold of it after you and ascend on it, then after him, another man will take hold of it and ascend on it. Then another [man] will take hold of it but it will break, then be connected so he will ascend on it. Inform me O Messenger of Allah! Am I correct or am I mistaken?" The Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) said: "You are correct in some of it and mistaken in some of it." He (i.e., Abu Bakr) said: "I swear to you by my father and my mother O Prophet Muhammad! Inform me in what I was mistaken?" The Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) said: "Do not swear."
A Rope Coming From The Sky Dream Explanation — Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: A man came to Allah's Apostle (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) and said, "I saw in a dream, a cloud having shade. Butter and honey were dropping from it and I saw the people gathering it in their hands, some gathering much and some a little. And behold, there was a rope extending from the earth to the sky, and I saw that you (the Prophet) held it and went up, and then another man held it and went up and (after that) another (third) held it and went up, and then after another (fourth) man held it, but it broke and then got connected again." Abu Bakr said, "O Allah's Apostle! Let my father be sacrificed for you! Allow me to interpret this dream." The Prophet said to him, "Interpret it." Abu Bakr said, "The cloud with shade symbolizes Islam, and the butter and honey dropping from it, symbolizes the Quran, its sweetness dropping and some people learning much of the Qur'an and some a little. The rope which is extended from the sky to the earth is the Truth which you (the Prophet) are following. You follow it and Allah will raise you high with it, and then another man will follow it and will rise up with it and another person will follow it and then another man will follow it but it will break and then it will be connected for him and he will rise up with it. O Allah's Apostle! Let my father be sacrificed for you! Am I right or wrong?" The Prophet replied, "You are right in some of it and wrong in some." Abu Bakr said, "O Allah's Prophet! By Allah, you must tell me in what I was wrong." The Prophet said, "Do not swear." (Bukhari)
Scissors Descending from the Sky Dream Explanation — It denotes shortness of life for the person.
Honey And Butter Coming From The Sky Dream Explanation — It is reported either on the authority of Ibn Abbas or on the authority of Abu Huraira that a person came to Allah's Messenger (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) and said: Allah's Messenger, I saw while I was sleeping during the night (this vision) that there was a canopy from which butter and honey were trickling and I also saw people collecting them in the palms of their hands, some more, some less, and I also saw a rope connecting the earth with the sky and I saw you catching hold of it and rising towards the heaven; then another person after you catching hold of it and rising towards (Heaven) ; then another person catching hold of it, but it was broken while it was rejoined for him and he also climbed up. Abu Bakr said: Allah's Messenger, may my father be sacrificed for you, by Allah, allow me to interpret it. Allah's Messenger (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) said: Well, give its interpretation. Thereupon Abu Bakr said: The canopy signifies the canopy of Islam and that what trickles out of it in the form of butter and honey is the Holy Qur'an and its sweetness and softness and what the people get hold of it in their palms implies major portion of the Qur'an or the small portion; and so far as the rope joining the sky with the earth is concerned, it is the Truth by which you stood (in the worldly life) and by which Allah would raise you (to Heaven). Then the person after you would take hold of it and he would also climb up with the help of it. Then another person would take hold of it and climb up with the help of it. Then another person would take hold of it and it would be broken; then it would be rejoined for him and he would climb up with the help of it. Allah's Messenger, may my father be taken as a ransom for you, tell me whether I have interpreted it currectly or I have made an error. Allah's Messenger (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) said: You have interpreted a part of it correctly and you have erred in interpreting a part of it. Thereupon he said: Allah's Messenger, by Allah, tell me that part where I have committed an error. Thereupon he said: Don't take an oath. (Muslim)
Honey And Butter Coming From The Sky Dream Explanation — Ibn 'Abbas reported that there came to Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) a person as he was returning from Uhud and he said: Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam), I saw in sleep during the night a canopy trickling butter and honey; the rest of the hadith is the same. (Muslim)
Honey And Butter Coming From The Sky Dream Explanation — It is reported either on the authority of Ibn 'Abbas or on that of Abu Huraira that a person came to Allah's Messenger (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) and said: Verily I saw during the night a canopy; the rest of the hadith is the same. (Muslim)
Honey And Butter Coming From The Sky Dream Explanation — Ibn 'Abbas reported that Allah's Messenger (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) used to say to his Companions: He who amongst you sees a vision should narrate it and I would interpret it for him, and a person came and said: Allah's Messenger (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam), I saw a canopy. The rest of the hadith is the same. (Muslim)
Incident - a Bird of Unknown Species descending from the Sky Dream Explanation — Another person related the following dream to the Imaam : He had seen a fat bird of an unknown species descending from the sky and sitting on a tree. It started packing at the blossoms of the tree and thereafter flew away. At this juncture, the Imaam's face turned pale. He said: “This is an indication of some great men of learning passing away.” It is said that Hasan Al-Basri and Ibn Sirin passed away that very year.
Agitation Dream Explanation — Man's agitation or explosion toward inanimate objects in a dream means either business losses, or seizing of one's property by the authority. Agitation in a dream also means a calamity of an unknown disease or a worrisome illness.
Flying Dream Explanation — • A prisoner dreaming of flying: Will be freed soon.
• A stranger or an expatriate dreaming of flying: Will return to his country.
• Flying in the sky, then returning to earth: Will fall ill and be near death, but recover.
• Flying and disappearing in the sky with no return in sight: Death.
• A bondsman (or servant) dreaming of flying toward the sky: Will serve in the house of prominent personalities.
• A bondsman (or servant) dreaming of flying inside his master’s house: Will become the number-one servant. If he falls, it means that he will be ousted after receiving all that welfare. If he flies out of the door, he will be sold. If he flies out of the window or through the wall, he will run away and become a fugitive.
Moon Dream Explanation — • Crescents assembled in the sky: Will go on hajj.
• A crescent rising from the east or the west and people admiring it on the first or last night of the Islamic month: Great news will come from that direction. If it were gleaming, scintillating, or sparkling, the news would be good. If, on the contrary, it was dark, made of brass or copper or looking like a snake or a scorpion, the news would be bad. The greater its size or its evolution in the sky, the more wide-ranging the news would be.
Flying Dream Explanation — • Flying out of a house: Death.
• Flying and rising steadily in the sky: Quick harm will befall the dreamer.
• Rising steadily, then stabilizing: Will escape harm.
• Flying vertically: Benefits, promotion, and leadership.
• Ascending vertically without wings: Elevation in life as much as the dreamer rose and the fulfilment of wishes.
• Flying in the sky and somehow in the earth: Too many wishes.
Foot Dream Explanation — The foot symbolizes a man’s style and wealth. The toes are his male children, his boys, his servants, and his maids or slaves.
• One’s feet stretching upward or toward the sky till they are detached from the body: Two male children will die.
• Seeing one or many toes taking off to the sky: Some of the dreamer’s boys, maidens, or slave girls will die.
• Having hair on the toes: An overwhelming debt. Excessive hair means that the hero of such a dream will die in prison.
• Committing adultery with one’s foot: The dreamer is in pursuit of illegitimate, unconventional, or perverse sexual practices.