| |Suitcase Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a suitcase
represents two brothers, two sons, partners, or perhaps it could mean travels. Having a suitcase
, buying or receiving one as a gift in a dream means relief from difficulties. A suitcase
in a dream also could represent an ambassador. (Also see Sack)
Empty Dream Explanation
— (See Deserted; Emptiness)
Empty space Dream Explanation
— (See Deserted; Emptiness)
An Empty Pot on the Fire Dream Explanation
— If the pot in which he is cooling is empty
it means he will infuriate the guardian or breadwinner of the household or entice him to do something detestable.
Deserted Dream Explanation
— (Empty; Forlorn; Wretched) A deserted and empty
place in a dream signifies poverty or lack of food or sustenance for one's household. An empty
place in a dream also could signify distress and trouble.
Sack Dream Explanation
— (Bag; Pouch; Suitcase; Trunk) A sack or any packing container in a dream represents travels, or activities in general. A sack in a dream also represents the body of a human being. An empty
sack in a dream then means death. Seeing a sack within a sack in a dream represents the knowledge one benefited from during his life in this world. If the second sack contains money in the dream, it means that one's knowledge is true. If it contains change, it means that one is still studying and needs to further his knowledge. A sack in a dream also represents one's personal and secret life. In a dream, if one makes a cut through a sack and throws its contents asunder, it means that his private and intimate life will be exposed and becomes the subject of people's talk. If one's money falls through a hole in the bag or a purse he carries, the bag also represents his body and the money represents his soul, which is an indication of his death. If one finds termites or moths inside his sack in a dream, it also means death. Thus, a sack in a dream denotes what a person represents, or it could mean one's heart. (Also see Bag; Pouch; Purse; Suitcase; Trunk)
Container Dream Explanation
— (See Bag; Pouch; Sack; Suitcase; Trunk)
Bag Dream Explanation
— (Sack) A travelling bag or a sack in a dream represents a coffer, a keeper of one's secrets, or it could mean a treasure. Seeing a sack or a bag in a dream also means a trip, or a young son one takes pride to carry over his shoulders. (Also see Pouch; Sack, Suitcase; Trunk)
Trunk Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a trunk represents a wife, a beautiful woman, one's house, or one's shop. In a dream, a trunk also represents marriage for an unwed person, prosperity for a poor person, travels, or an ambassador. (Also see Sack; Suitcase; Treasure box)
Pouch Dream Explanation
— Entrusting someone with a pouch filled with money in a dream means confiding a secret to him. If the pouch looks good, then one's secret is important. If not, then the secret is useless. If the other person opens the pouch to see what is inside it in the dream, it means that he does not keep a secret. (Also see Purse; Sack; Suitcase; Trunk)
Case Dream Explanation
— (Chest; Coffer) In a dream, a case represents a wife, a beautiful woman, one's house or one's shop. In a dream, a case also represents marriage for an unwed person and prosperity for a poor person. A suitcase
in a dream means travels, or it may represent an ambassador.
Sarcophagus Dream Explanation
— (Casket; Coffin; Mummy case) A dead person or a mummy inside a sarcophagus in a dream represents unlawful money. If the coffin is empty
in the dream, then it represents a house of evil, or an evil person who is sought by people of the same trade. (Also see Coffin)
Water mill Dream Explanation
— (Manager; Rich man; Treasurer) A water mill in a dream represents a person who handles large amounts of cash, or who is an extremely wealthy person. If one seeks him, his needs will be satisfied and he will not return empty
handed. If one sees a water mill in operation in a dream, it means coming profits, or benefits for one's life and his family through the person operating it. A water mill in a dream also represents one's helpers, clan, easing of one's difficulties, or it could mean rain. (Also see Hand mill)
Well Dream Explanation
— The well symbolizes the patriarch of the family, in view of its importance, or the dreamer’s wife, because he sends his bucket and rope dangling in it. Likewise, it contains water, like a childbearing woman. Besides, the word for well is feminine in Arabic. It could also refer to everyone or everything useful in the house. When it refers to a woman, it is usually a smiling and optimistic one.
• A sick person falling in an unknown well: Will die.
• Getting water from an unknown well: Wife will give birth to a boy in view of the Quranic verse: “And there came a caravan, and they sent their water-drawer. He let down his pail (into the pit). He said: Good luck! Here is a youth. And they hid him as a treasure, and Allah was aware of what they did.” (“Yusuf” [Joseph], verse 19.)
• Digging a well to find water in it: Will marry a wealthy woman and outsmart her because, according to Ibn Siren, digging symbolizes wickedness, deceit, fraud, trickery, et cetera. If the well is empty
, the woman in question will be a poor one.
• Water flowing out of a well: Sorrow and weeping will take place in the area. If the water infiltrates the houses around, the dreamer will have money that will prove to be a curse for him.
• Digging a well and irrigating one’s garden with its water: The dreamer is taking an aphrodisiac, which drives him to incest.
Intestines Dream Explanation
— The appearance of the intestines or anything from within the body means that savings will come out or whatever is hoarded will reappear. It could also mean that the dreamer himself or a member of his household will be authoritarian and prevail.
• A person eating his own intestines: He is eating up his money.
• Eating somebody else’s bowels: Will take a bite at his savings or eat up his money.
• The intestines coming out of the body: (1) A daughter will get married. (2) Disgrace.
• Part of the bowels coming out: The dreamer is implementing the will of a person, looking after that person’s daughter and insisting on wedding her to somebody.
• The body having been emptied of the bowels and the stomach washed: The dreamer will die, blessed by God, whether or not the bowels have been returned.
• A king or ruler ripping the bellies of his subjects: Their privacy will be invaded. If he took something from their stomach, he would seize their money.
• Seeing one’s belly ripped open and the bowels in their usual place: (1) If childless, the dreamer will have a child. (2) If poor, the dreamer will become self-sufficient or rich, as the bowels allude to children.
• Seeing one’s belly ripped open and the body empty: The dreamer’s home will be destroyed, he will be estranged, and his children will perish. If ill, he will die.
• Seeing someone else exhibiting his bowels: Dreadful dream, meaning that the two parties will have a dispute and scandalize each other.
Bee Dream Explanation
— A bee has different meanings depending on whether the dreamer is a civilian, farmer, or military man, for bees produce honey, which is something sweet, useful, and beneficial and, according to a verse of the Holy Quran, a remedy for people. Paradoxically, bees could also be an allusion to disease, by association of ideas. At the same time, bees have a clear-cut hierarchy and are highly disciplined, tenacious, and toiling creatures. They symbolize the military or the Muslim army (once one of the most powerful in the world). In any case, a bee in a dream is a laborious and very gifted person in terms of earning his or her livelihood and whose companions can only benefit from him, but a dangerous person as well. For the ancient Arabs, a bee symbolized the Bedouin or, in abstract terms, perseverance, gains, and the accumulation of wealth. And since Muslims believe that bees are inspired by God to follow a certain order and discipline in excelling in the production of various types of honey with different aromas, they are thought to symbolize knowledge or know-how, division of labour or categorization, erudition, and the authoring of literary or scientific works. For a farmer or a city dweller bees represent fertility, riches, and abundance, but the kind of wealth fraught with danger, because sometimes they sting. They also symbolize the rise in life, elevation to a higher rank, even to the headship. It is particularly so when the dreamer sees bees landing on his head. A farmer who dreams that bees have somehow perished should assume that his livelihood would meet with a similar fate. For a ruler or a military person bees are none else but soldiers, because they follow a commander, and they are usually enemy soldiers. They reflect hostility. If he dreamed that he killed them, it means that he will triumph over them. If he just captured them and got their honey, it means easy booty or benefit. Seeing bees in an empty
or remote city or village means that the place will be raided by evil soldiers. And in this context, the beehive has a special significance. (Also see Beekeeper.)
Market Dream Explanation
— The unspecified market refers to the mosque and vice versa, because man trades and earns in both.39 It also refers to the battlefield, where some people win and others lose. In the Holy Quran, God has used the word commerce as a synonym for Jihad (holy struggle): “O ye who believe! Shall I show you a commerce that will save you from a painful doom?” (“Al-Saff’ [The Ranks], verse 10.) Likewise, the souk or marketplace could allude to the person’s luck commensurate with the size of the market; the learning institution; the asylum; and the pilgrimage season. The meat market, in particular, symbolizes the war zone. The jewel and the cloth markets represent commemoration ceremonies and learning establishments. The money changers market is a reference to the ruler’s court, where people weigh what they say and matters are evaluated carefully. Sometimes souks represent lies, injustice, worries, and misery. They allude as well to the sea, where the big fish eat the small fish, and to compulsory spending, as often brought about by spouses, or marriage itself, and the birth of new children. Indeed, each specific market has a different interpretation. But it is noteworthy that the Muslims Holy Prophet was said to consider the souk as the abode of devils. He advised Muslims always not to be the first to step into or the last to leave the marketplace.
• Missing a transaction or failing to achieve benefits in one: (1) If involved in Jihad, will turn back and miss the opportunity to die as a martyr in the holy war. (2) If planning to go on a pilgrimage, will miss that chance or something will spoil that religious duty after it has been performed. (3) If a student, something will hamper the dreamer’s efforts; he will miss a lecture, or he will learn something for evil purposes, turning away from God. (4) Will miss the collective prayer at the mosque.
• Stealing or cheating in buying and selling: Will indulge in the worst kind of theft, like that involving people’s bread. If a mujahid—involved in Jihad—will be caught and chained. If a pilgrim, will conquer the heart of a woman and enjoy making love to her. If a scholar, will give bad counsel, will pray the wrong way, will prostrate himself before the imam does, et cetera.
• Seeing a specific market full of people but with fire in it or a spring in its midst or seeing a nice breeze blowing in it or its shops filled with chopped straw: Good earnings for the merchants, but hypocrisy as well.
• The market looking empty
and its people dead or the merchants feeling sleepy or looking dormant or the shops closed and cobwebs appearing here and there, even on the commodities: Stagnation and recession.
• Seeing a quiet market: Unemployment for its people.
Bread Dream Explanation
— Bread symbolizes knowledge and Islam. It also alludes to the Book, the Tradition of the Holy Prophet, the mother who brings up and feeds her child, the wife who causes her husband to be religious and immune from debauchery, life, and vital money. Pure, white bread symbolizes a clear life, pure knowledge, and a beautiful white woman. Bread made of a mixture of wheat and barley is the reverse.
• Distributing bread to needy or weak people: Will preach or acquire learning.
• Baking bread: The dreamer is endeavouring to secure a steady source of income.
• Baking bread quickly before the furnace cools down: Will have a high position and obtain as much money as bread was produced.
• Finding or obtaining a loaf of bread: Long life. Each loaf represents forty years. Anything missing from it should be deducted from that figure. Its purity symbolizes the quality of life. Each loaf of bread could also symbolize one thousand dirham's (silver coins), welfare, abundance, and blessings. For a bachelor it alludes to a wife, for the ruler to his justice.
• Seeing plenty of loaves without eating any of them: Will meet one’s brothers very soon.
• Seeing a brown bread loaf in one’s hand: Nice living but medium religious faith.
• A barley bread loaf: A life of sorrow and fear.
• A dry loaf: Tight living.
• Being given a piece of bread and eating it: The dreamer will either die or live nicely.
• Taking a piece of bread: The dreamer is cupid.
• Hot bread: Hypocrisy and prohibitions.
• A loaf of bread hanging on the dreamer’s forefront: He is poor.
• Rotten bread (with green bacteria on it): Plenty of money that is of no use to its owner and from which no religious dues are paid.
• Bread cooked on embers or hot sand: Hard living, for only the needy bake that kind of bread.
• Eating bread without food: The dreamer will be sick without anybody looking after him and will die lonely.
• Eating bread with honey: Will seek knowledge and wisdom and be better off, because honey indicates good knowledge and bread comfortable living.
• Eating bread and salt: Contentment.
• Eating vinegar with bread: Long life.
• Eating thin (unleavened) bread: Contradictory interpretations like short life, few gains, and abundance.
• Unfinished bread: Strong fever, as this bread has to go back to the oven for completion.
• Hot white wheat bread: Children.
• Loaves of bread spread on the dining table: An enemy will emerge. If the dreamer eats from them, hostility will break out.
• A dead person giving bread to the dreamer: Money or welfare from an undesirable source.
• A dead person taking a loaf of bread from the dreamer to let it fall in the fire on tar or in an empty
place: The dreamer’s sick wife, if any, will die or lose faith.
• Seeing bread above the clouds, on a rooftop, or high in a palm tree: The price of bread will go up.
• Bread on the ground and people stepping on it: A huge, thankless man who promotes luxury.
• Pissing on bread: Will have sex with a prohibited relative.
Grave Dream Explanation
— The grave or grave pit symbolizes the prison, and vice versa. Graves symbolize a leaning toward ignorance or the ignorant, religious corruption, a catastrophe, worries, and regret for having followed the ignorant, but ultimate repentance. The gravedigger is a prestigious and awesome man.
• Wishing to visit the tombs: Will pay a visit to prisoners.
• Entering a grave and stepping on the bones of the dead: Will be expelled.
• Digging a grave or a pit for oneself or somebody else: (1) Will build a house. (2) Will settle in that area.
• Digging a grave on a surface: Will live long.
• Being put in the grave: Will own a house.
• Sand being levelled upon the dreamer in the grave: Will gain money.
• Backfilling a grave: Long life and lasting health.
• Being put in a grave, as a dead person, without being preserved: Will make love to a woman.
• A grave in an unknown place: Will go along with a hypocrite.
• Numerous graves in an unknown place: Hypocrites.
• Well-known graves: The truth or some rights that the dreamer is forgetting.
• A known grave turning into the dreamer’s house: Will marry a relative of the deceased.
• Seeing a person’s grave being turned into a house, a shop, or a village: The family of the defunct will build a house there.
• Dreaming of entering a grave without being carried on a bier: Will buy an empty
• Standing by a grave: Will commit a sin, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that reads: “And never (O Muhammad) pray for one of them who dieth, nor stand by his grave. Lo! they disbelieved in Allah and His messenger, and they died while they were evildoers.” (“Al-Taubah” [Repentance], verse 84.)
• Standing by one’s grave and looking at it: Will repent and sins will be forgiven.
• Seeing a well-off person roaming about in a graveyard: That person will go broke (because the dead do not carry any money).
• Roaming about amid open graves: Will enter the homes of heretics or visit the jails.
• Going to a grave and digging the earth with one’s nails or trying to unearth the dead: Will probe the life of the dead dwelling in that grave to follow his pattern.
• Finding a dead person alive in his grave: Will become wise and pious and achieve orderly gains.
• Going to a graveyard to unearth the dead and finding some of them alive and others not: Terrible deaths will occur in that spot or country.
• Finding deadly reptiles or insects in a grave or flames coming out of it: (1) The dreamer is doing abominable things. (2) The dead person in that grave was a heretic.
• Seeing a person going down to a grave, then coming up and trying to push the dreamer therein: A prisoner is trying to incriminate the dreamer.
• Seeing someone handing you over to the grave: That person is trying to destroy you.
• Vegetation around the graves: The grave dwellers enjoy God’s mercy.
• Deriving a lesson by visiting a graveyard: Will win a case. If no lesson was derived, the dreamer is right or has certain rights but is unaware of that.
• Seeing something written on someone’s grave (epitaph): Will stay in jail forever.
• Seeing oneself in the grave being questioned by Munker and Nakeer (the two angels commissioned for that purpose): The ruler or chief will send for the dreamer to ask him something. If he replied to them gently and correctly, he will have nothing to fear.
• Being removed from the grave, then returned to it: Will receive benefits from the ruler (or chief), but end up behind bars.
• The sky raining graves: Compassion from God.
Piss Dream Explanation
— Urine generally symbolizes spending and wasting money. It could also mean illicit or inappropriate spending.
• Urinating: The dreamer will spend money that will benefit himself.
• Urinating smoothly: Money will flow from the dreamer’s pocket, and his savings will be eroded.
• Containing one’s urine: The dreamer will be angry with his wife.
• Being hard pressed but finding nowhere to urinate: The dreamer is searching for a place to bury his money but is unable to find one.
• Holding back urine or urinating with difficulty: The dreamer is rushing things and taking incorrect initiatives, because continence is like frustration and frustrated persons are unstable and never go back on a decision before they feel the heat.
• Urinating in an unknown place: The dreamer will marry a woman or a slave in that place who will receive his semen and make him part of her family.
• Urinating in a well: The dreamer will spend illegally acquired money.
• Urinating on a commodity: Will incur losses in it.
• A rich person urinating and withholding some of the urine: He will lose some of his wealth.
• A troubled person urinating and retaining some of his urine: He will get limited relief.
• Urinating in drops: A debt will be paid back in instalments.
• Urinating with someone and seeing the urine mixing: Rapprochement or one of the two will marry into the other’s family.
• A woman pissing plenty of urine: She desires men.
• A rich man urinating in a urinal: He will lose money.
• A poor person urinating abundantly in a urinal: Relief will come.
• Seeing people touching and coating themselves with one’s urine: The dreamer will have a son whom people will follow.
• Seeing an identified or well-known person pissing on the dreamer: The former will sustain the latter financially to humiliate him.
• Urinating in a bottle, a washtub, a jar, an anonymous well or an empty
space: The dreamer will have sex with or marry a woman.
• Urinating in the sea: The dreamer will pay taxes to the ruler or zakat (religious dues).
• Urinating too much in an unusual manner, getting stained with one’s urine, noting a bad smell, or urinating and being watched by people who find it unworthy of the dreamer’s reputation: Quarrels, sorrow, evil, and scandal.
• Drinking urine: Suspicious gains, illegal wealth, and hardships (because only in hardships and impossible situations is a human being compelled to drink urine).
• Urinating in certain people’s house, shop, mosque, country, or village: The dreamer will marry into that family or folk who will receive the dreamer’s semen. If that act took place in a mosque, in particular, the dreamer will have a pious and virtuous son.
• Urinating on the altar of a mosque: The dreamer will have an enlightened son.
• Entering a cemetery uncovered, laughing, urinating on the tombs, or walking amid the dead: The dreamer will be involved with evil, debauched, and atheistic people and select his friends on this basis.
• Pissing milk: The dreamer’s nature will change. If a known person drinks from it, he will spend on him from honest sources.
• Pissing juice: The dreamer will overspend.
• Pissing saffron: The dreamer will have a son who will become a nurse.
• Pissing blood: The dreamer will marry a divorcee or a prohibited relative without knowing it.
• Pissing blood in an unknown garden or irrigating it with water not from the sea: The dreamer will make love to a lady. In case the act took place in the dreamer’s own garden, he would break an oath by having sex with his wife, sodomizing her or sleeping with her during her menses.
• A hireling pissing in a garden or irrigating it from alien sources or wells: A man is betraying the dreamer with his wife.
• Pissing sand or mud: The dreamer performs his ablutions neither properly nor regularly.
• Pissing fire: (1) The dreamer will have a powerful son. (2) The dreamer will have a son who will become a thief.
• Pissing a lion: The dreamer will have an unjust son.
• Pissing worms: The dreamer will be prolific.
• Pissing a snake: The dreamer will have a son who will turn hostile to him.
• Pissing a she-cat: The dreamer will have a girl by an Oriental woman born in a coastal area.
• Pissing a fish: The dreamer will have a girl from a woman he brought from a coastal area, like the shores of the Arabian Sea.
• Pissing a bird: The dreamer will have a son showing similarities to the essence or characteristics of that bird, be they good or bad.
• Pissing stool: The dreamer will commit an abomination in which family will get involved.
• Pissing vomitus: The dreamer will have an illegitimate son.
• Pissing in the standing position: The dreamer will spend money unconsciously.
• Pissing on one’s shirt: (1) If a bachelor, the dreamer will get married. (2) If already married, the dreamer will have a boy.
• Pissing in one’s nose: The dreamer will have sex with a prohibited relative.
• Pissing in an animated area of a marketplace: The dreamer will become a familiar figure in that market.
• A horseman stepping down from a mare for some adventitious reason and pissing blood: He is indulging in adultery (because, according to the ancient Arabs, the soil is a woman and pissing is sex, while blood symbolizes what is prohibited).
• Urinating in the mihrab or prayer niche: The dreamer will have a son who will become a Muslim spiritual leader, as the mihrab basically represents the imam.
• Urinating or pissing one, two, or three drops in the prayer niche: The dreamer will have as many virtuous and handsome children as there were drops.
• Pissing on a holy book: The dreamer will have a son who will memorize that book.
• The few drops that come out after urinating: Money that will not stay long, to the dreamer’s regret.
• Pissing and seeing a vapour rising to cover the whole sky: The dreamer will have a son whose realm will reach the horizons.
| || |