| |Empty Dream Explanation
— (See Deserted; Emptiness)
Empty space Dream Explanation
— (See Deserted; Emptiness)
An Empty Pot on the Fire Dream Explanation
— If the pot in which he is cooling is empty
it means he will infuriate the guardian or breadwinner of the household or entice him to do something detestable.
Deserted Dream Explanation
— (Empty; Forlorn; Wretched) A deserted and empty
place in a dream signifies poverty or lack of food or sustenance for one's household. An empty
place in a dream also could signify distress and trouble.
Sarcophagus Dream Explanation
— (Casket; Coffin; Mummy case) A dead person or a mummy inside a sarcophagus in a dream represents unlawful money. If the coffin is empty
in the dream, then it represents a house of evil, or an evil person who is sought by people of the same trade. (Also see Coffin)
Mental hospital Dream Explanation
— (Insane asylum; Hell-fire; Lunatics; Prison) In a dream, a mental hospital or an insane asylum represents a bathhouse, or a sauna which is the dwelling of evil spirits, the place of uncovering one's private parts, or showing unpleasant conduct in public. A mental hospital in a dream also represents a training school, caring for children's education, teaching children to behave themselves, a place of learning, a school, a playground
, a place of clamor and noise, using vile words, stealing money, or separation from one's family and children. If a deceased person is seen in a mental hospital in a dream, it means that he is dwelling in hell-fire, for a mental hospital sometime uses force with its patients and ties them up, or imprisons them. If one sees himself in a mental hospital in a dream, it means that he might go to jail for a crime he committed. Mixing with lunatics and insane people in a dream also means imprisonment and mixing with criminals, or it could mean falling sick, or dying from a terminal illness. If a poor person sees himself inside a mental hospital in a dream, it means financial success, receiving outside help, comfort and joy in his life. (Also see Insanity)
Water mill Dream Explanation
— (Manager; Rich man; Treasurer) A water mill in a dream represents a person who handles large amounts of cash, or who is an extremely wealthy person. If one seeks him, his needs will be satisfied and he will not return empty
handed. If one sees a water mill in operation in a dream, it means coming profits, or benefits for one's life and his family through the person operating it. A water mill in a dream also represents one's helpers, clan, easing of one's difficulties, or it could mean rain. (Also see Hand mill)
Well Dream Explanation
— The well symbolizes the patriarch of the family, in view of its importance, or the dreamer’s wife, because he sends his bucket and rope dangling in it. Likewise, it contains water, like a childbearing woman. Besides, the word for well is feminine in Arabic. It could also refer to everyone or everything useful in the house. When it refers to a woman, it is usually a smiling and optimistic one.
• A sick person falling in an unknown well: Will die.
• Getting water from an unknown well: Wife will give birth to a boy in view of the Quranic verse: “And there came a caravan, and they sent their water-drawer. He let down his pail (into the pit). He said: Good luck! Here is a youth. And they hid him as a treasure, and Allah was aware of what they did.” (“Yusuf” [Joseph], verse 19.)
• Digging a well to find water in it: Will marry a wealthy woman and outsmart her because, according to Ibn Siren, digging symbolizes wickedness, deceit, fraud, trickery, et cetera. If the well is empty
, the woman in question will be a poor one.
• Water flowing out of a well: Sorrow and weeping will take place in the area. If the water infiltrates the houses around, the dreamer will have money that will prove to be a curse for him.
• Digging a well and irrigating one’s garden with its water: The dreamer is taking an aphrodisiac, which drives him to incest.
Sack Dream Explanation
— (Bag; Pouch; Suitcase; Trunk) A sack or any packing container in a dream represents travels, or activities in general. A sack in a dream also represents the body of a human being. An empty
sack in a dream then means death. Seeing a sack within a sack in a dream represents the knowledge one benefited from during his life in this world. If the second sack contains money in the dream, it means that one's knowledge is true. If it contains change, it means that one is still studying and needs to further his knowledge. A sack in a dream also represents one's personal and secret life. In a dream, if one makes a cut through a sack and throws its contents asunder, it means that his private and intimate life will be exposed and becomes the subject of people's talk. If one's money falls through a hole in the bag or a purse he carries, the bag also represents his body and the money represents his soul, which is an indication of his death. If one finds termites or moths inside his sack in a dream, it also means death. Thus, a sack in a dream denotes what a person represents, or it could mean one's heart. (Also see Bag; Pouch; Purse; Suitcase; Trunk)
Intestines Dream Explanation
— The appearance of the intestines or anything from within the body means that savings will come out or whatever is hoarded will reappear. It could also mean that the dreamer himself or a member of his household will be authoritarian and prevail.
• A person eating his own intestines: He is eating up his money.
• Eating somebody else’s bowels: Will take a bite at his savings or eat up his money.
• The intestines coming out of the body: (1) A daughter will get married. (2) Disgrace.
• Part of the bowels coming out: The dreamer is implementing the will of a person, looking after that person’s daughter and insisting on wedding her to somebody.
• The body having been emptied of the bowels and the stomach washed: The dreamer will die, blessed by God, whether or not the bowels have been returned.
• A king or ruler ripping the bellies of his subjects: Their privacy will be invaded. If he took something from their stomach, he would seize their money.
• Seeing one’s belly ripped open and the bowels in their usual place: (1) If childless, the dreamer will have a child. (2) If poor, the dreamer will become self-sufficient or rich, as the bowels allude to children.
• Seeing one’s belly ripped open and the body empty: The dreamer’s home will be destroyed, he will be estranged, and his children will perish. If ill, he will die.
• Seeing someone else exhibiting his bowels: Dreadful dream, meaning that the two parties will have a dispute and scandalize each other.
Bee Dream Explanation
— A bee has different meanings depending on whether the dreamer is a civilian, farmer, or military man, for bees produce honey, which is something sweet, useful, and beneficial and, according to a verse of the Holy Quran, a remedy for people. Paradoxically, bees could also be an allusion to disease, by association of ideas. At the same time, bees have a clear-cut hierarchy and are highly disciplined, tenacious, and toiling creatures. They symbolize the military or the Muslim army (once one of the most powerful in the world). In any case, a bee in a dream is a laborious and very gifted person in terms of earning his or her livelihood and whose companions can only benefit from him, but a dangerous person as well. For the ancient Arabs, a bee symbolized the Bedouin or, in abstract terms, perseverance, gains, and the accumulation of wealth. And since Muslims believe that bees are inspired by God to follow a certain order and discipline in excelling in the production of various types of honey with different aromas, they are thought to symbolize knowledge or know-how, division of labour or categorization, erudition, and the authoring of literary or scientific works. For a farmer or a city dweller bees represent fertility, riches, and abundance, but the kind of wealth fraught with danger, because sometimes they sting. They also symbolize the rise in life, elevation to a higher rank, even to the headship. It is particularly so when the dreamer sees bees landing on his head. A farmer who dreams that bees have somehow perished should assume that his livelihood would meet with a similar fate. For a ruler or a military person bees are none else but soldiers, because they follow a commander, and they are usually enemy soldiers. They reflect hostility. If he dreamed that he killed them, it means that he will triumph over them. If he just captured them and got their honey, it means easy booty or benefit. Seeing bees in an empty
or remote city or village means that the place will be raided by evil soldiers. And in this context, the beehive has a special significance. (Also see Beekeeper.)
Market Dream Explanation
— The unspecified market refers to the mosque and vice versa, because man trades and earns in both.39 It also refers to the battlefield, where some people win and others lose. In the Holy Quran, God has used the word commerce as a synonym for Jihad (holy struggle): “O ye who believe! Shall I show you a commerce that will save you from a painful doom?” (“Al-Saff’ [The Ranks], verse 10.) Likewise, the souk or marketplace could allude to the person’s luck commensurate with the size of the market; the learning institution; the asylum; and the pilgrimage season. The meat market, in particular, symbolizes the war zone. The jewel and the cloth markets represent commemoration ceremonies and learning establishments. The money changers market is a reference to the ruler’s court, where people weigh what they say and matters are evaluated carefully. Sometimes souks represent lies, injustice, worries, and misery. They allude as well to the sea, where the big fish eat the small fish, and to compulsory spending, as often brought about by spouses, or marriage itself, and the birth of new children. Indeed, each specific market has a different interpretation. But it is noteworthy that the Muslims Holy Prophet was said to consider the souk as the abode of devils. He advised Muslims always not to be the first to step into or the last to leave the marketplace.
• Missing a transaction or failing to achieve benefits in one: (1) If involved in Jihad, will turn back and miss the opportunity to die as a martyr in the holy war. (2) If planning to go on a pilgrimage, will miss that chance or something will spoil that religious duty after it has been performed. (3) If a student, something will hamper the dreamer’s efforts; he will miss a lecture, or he will learn something for evil purposes, turning away from God. (4) Will miss the collective prayer at the mosque.
• Stealing or cheating in buying and selling: Will indulge in the worst kind of theft, like that involving people’s bread. If a mujahid—involved in Jihad—will be caught and chained. If a pilgrim, will conquer the heart of a woman and enjoy making love to her. If a scholar, will give bad counsel, will pray the wrong way, will prostrate himself before the imam does, et cetera.
• Seeing a specific market full of people but with fire in it or a spring in its midst or seeing a nice breeze blowing in it or its shops filled with chopped straw: Good earnings for the merchants, but hypocrisy as well.
• The market looking empty
and its people dead or the merchants feeling sleepy or looking dormant or the shops closed and cobwebs appearing here and there, even on the commodities: Stagnation and recession.
• Seeing a quiet market: Unemployment for its people.
Bread Dream Explanation
— Bread symbolizes knowledge and Islam. It also alludes to the Book, the Tradition of the Holy Prophet, the mother who brings up and feeds her child, the wife who causes her husband to be religious and immune from debauchery, life, and vital money. Pure, white bread symbolizes a clear life, pure knowledge, and a beautiful white woman. Bread made of a mixture of wheat and barley is the reverse.
• Distributing bread to needy or weak people: Will preach or acquire learning.
• Baking bread: The dreamer is endeavouring to secure a steady source of income.
• Baking bread quickly before the furnace cools down: Will have a high position and obtain as much money as bread was produced.
• Finding or obtaining a loaf of bread: Long life. Each loaf represents forty years. Anything missing from it should be deducted from that figure. Its purity symbolizes the quality of life. Each loaf of bread could also symbolize one thousand dirham's (silver coins), welfare, abundance, and blessings. For a bachelor it alludes to a wife, for the ruler to his justice.
• Seeing plenty of loaves without eating any of them: Will meet one’s brothers very soon.
• Seeing a brown bread loaf in one’s hand: Nice living but medium religious faith.
• A barley bread loaf: A life of sorrow and fear.
• A dry loaf: Tight living.
• Being given a piece of bread and eating it: The dreamer will either die or live nicely.
• Taking a piece of bread: The dreamer is cupid.
• Hot bread: Hypocrisy and prohibitions.
• A loaf of bread hanging on the dreamer’s forefront: He is poor.
• Rotten bread (with green bacteria on it): Plenty of money that is of no use to its owner and from which no religious dues are paid.
• Bread cooked on embers or hot sand: Hard living, for only the needy bake that kind of bread.
• Eating bread without food: The dreamer will be sick without anybody looking after him and will die lonely.
• Eating bread with honey: Will seek knowledge and wisdom and be better off, because honey indicates good knowledge and bread comfortable living.
• Eating bread and salt: Contentment.
• Eating vinegar with bread: Long life.
• Eating thin (unleavened) bread: Contradictory interpretations like short life, few gains, and abundance.
• Unfinished bread: Strong fever, as this bread has to go back to the oven for completion.
• Hot white wheat bread: Children.
• Loaves of bread spread on the dining table: An enemy will emerge. If the dreamer eats from them, hostility will break out.
• A dead person giving bread to the dreamer: Money or welfare from an undesirable source.
• A dead person taking a loaf of bread from the dreamer to let it fall in the fire on tar or in an empty
place: The dreamer’s sick wife, if any, will die or lose faith.
• Seeing bread above the clouds, on a rooftop, or high in a palm tree: The price of bread will go up.
• Bread on the ground and people stepping on it: A huge, thankless man who promotes luxury.
• Pissing on bread: Will have sex with a prohibited relative.
Grave Dream Explanation
— The grave or grave pit symbolizes the prison, and vice versa. Graves symbolize a leaning toward ignorance or the ignorant, religious corruption, a catastrophe, worries, and regret for having followed the ignorant, but ultimate repentance. The gravedigger is a prestigious and awesome man.
• Wishing to visit the tombs: Will pay a visit to prisoners.
• Entering a grave and stepping on the bones of the dead: Will be expelled.
• Digging a grave or a pit for oneself or somebody else: (1) Will build a house. (2) Will settle in that area.
• Digging a grave on a surface: Will live long.
• Being put in the grave: Will own a house.
• Sand being levelled upon the dreamer in the grave: Will gain money.
• Backfilling a grave: Long life and lasting health.
• Being put in a grave, as a dead person, without being preserved: Will make love to a woman.
• A grave in an unknown place: Will go along with a hypocrite.
• Numerous graves in an unknown place: Hypocrites.
• Well-known graves: The truth or some rights that the dreamer is forgetting.
• A known grave turning into the dreamer’s house: Will marry a relative of the deceased.
• Seeing a person’s grave being turned into a house, a shop, or a village: The family of the defunct will build a house there.
• Dreaming of entering a grave without being carried on a bier: Will buy an empty
• Standing by a grave: Will commit a sin, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that reads: “And never (O Muhammad) pray for one of them who dieth, nor stand by his grave. Lo! they disbelieved in Allah and His messenger, and they died while they were evildoers.” (“Al-Taubah” [Repentance], verse 84.)
• Standing by one’s grave and looking at it: Will repent and sins will be forgiven.
• Seeing a well-off person roaming about in a graveyard: That person will go broke (because the dead do not carry any money).
• Roaming about amid open graves: Will enter the homes of heretics or visit the jails.
• Going to a grave and digging the earth with one’s nails or trying to unearth the dead: Will probe the life of the dead dwelling in that grave to follow his pattern.
• Finding a dead person alive in his grave: Will become wise and pious and achieve orderly gains.
• Going to a graveyard to unearth the dead and finding some of them alive and others not: Terrible deaths will occur in that spot or country.
• Finding deadly reptiles or insects in a grave or flames coming out of it: (1) The dreamer is doing abominable things. (2) The dead person in that grave was a heretic.
• Seeing a person going down to a grave, then coming up and trying to push the dreamer therein: A prisoner is trying to incriminate the dreamer.
• Seeing someone handing you over to the grave: That person is trying to destroy you.
• Vegetation around the graves: The grave dwellers enjoy God’s mercy.
• Deriving a lesson by visiting a graveyard: Will win a case. If no lesson was derived, the dreamer is right or has certain rights but is unaware of that.
• Seeing something written on someone’s grave (epitaph): Will stay in jail forever.
• Seeing oneself in the grave being questioned by Munker and Nakeer (the two angels commissioned for that purpose): The ruler or chief will send for the dreamer to ask him something. If he replied to them gently and correctly, he will have nothing to fear.
• Being removed from the grave, then returned to it: Will receive benefits from the ruler (or chief), but end up behind bars.
• The sky raining graves: Compassion from God.
Piss Dream Explanation
— Urine generally symbolizes spending and wasting money. It could also mean illicit or inappropriate spending.
• Urinating: The dreamer will spend money that will benefit himself.
• Urinating smoothly: Money will flow from the dreamer’s pocket, and his savings will be eroded.
• Containing one’s urine: The dreamer will be angry with his wife.
• Being hard pressed but finding nowhere to urinate: The dreamer is searching for a place to bury his money but is unable to find one.
• Holding back urine or urinating with difficulty: The dreamer is rushing things and taking incorrect initiatives, because continence is like frustration and frustrated persons are unstable and never go back on a decision before they feel the heat.
• Urinating in an unknown place: The dreamer will marry a woman or a slave in that place who will receive his semen and make him part of her family.
• Urinating in a well: The dreamer will spend illegally acquired money.
• Urinating on a commodity: Will incur losses in it.
• A rich person urinating and withholding some of the urine: He will lose some of his wealth.
• A troubled person urinating and retaining some of his urine: He will get limited relief.
• Urinating in drops: A debt will be paid back in instalments.
• Urinating with someone and seeing the urine mixing: Rapprochement or one of the two will marry into the other’s family.
• A woman pissing plenty of urine: She desires men.
• A rich man urinating in a urinal: He will lose money.
• A poor person urinating abundantly in a urinal: Relief will come.
• Seeing people touching and coating themselves with one’s urine: The dreamer will have a son whom people will follow.
• Seeing an identified or well-known person pissing on the dreamer: The former will sustain the latter financially to humiliate him.
• Urinating in a bottle, a washtub, a jar, an anonymous well or an empty
space: The dreamer will have sex with or marry a woman.
• Urinating in the sea: The dreamer will pay taxes to the ruler or zakat (religious dues).
• Urinating too much in an unusual manner, getting stained with one’s urine, noting a bad smell, or urinating and being watched by people who find it unworthy of the dreamer’s reputation: Quarrels, sorrow, evil, and scandal.
• Drinking urine: Suspicious gains, illegal wealth, and hardships (because only in hardships and impossible situations is a human being compelled to drink urine).
• Urinating in certain people’s house, shop, mosque, country, or village: The dreamer will marry into that family or folk who will receive the dreamer’s semen. If that act took place in a mosque, in particular, the dreamer will have a pious and virtuous son.
• Urinating on the altar of a mosque: The dreamer will have an enlightened son.
• Entering a cemetery uncovered, laughing, urinating on the tombs, or walking amid the dead: The dreamer will be involved with evil, debauched, and atheistic people and select his friends on this basis.
• Pissing milk: The dreamer’s nature will change. If a known person drinks from it, he will spend on him from honest sources.
• Pissing juice: The dreamer will overspend.
• Pissing saffron: The dreamer will have a son who will become a nurse.
• Pissing blood: The dreamer will marry a divorcee or a prohibited relative without knowing it.
• Pissing blood in an unknown garden or irrigating it with water not from the sea: The dreamer will make love to a lady. In case the act took place in the dreamer’s own garden, he would break an oath by having sex with his wife, sodomizing her or sleeping with her during her menses.
• A hireling pissing in a garden or irrigating it from alien sources or wells: A man is betraying the dreamer with his wife.
• Pissing sand or mud: The dreamer performs his ablutions neither properly nor regularly.
• Pissing fire: (1) The dreamer will have a powerful son. (2) The dreamer will have a son who will become a thief.
• Pissing a lion: The dreamer will have an unjust son.
• Pissing worms: The dreamer will be prolific.
• Pissing a snake: The dreamer will have a son who will turn hostile to him.
• Pissing a she-cat: The dreamer will have a girl by an Oriental woman born in a coastal area.
• Pissing a fish: The dreamer will have a girl from a woman he brought from a coastal area, like the shores of the Arabian Sea.
• Pissing a bird: The dreamer will have a son showing similarities to the essence or characteristics of that bird, be they good or bad.
• Pissing stool: The dreamer will commit an abomination in which family will get involved.
• Pissing vomitus: The dreamer will have an illegitimate son.
• Pissing in the standing position: The dreamer will spend money unconsciously.
• Pissing on one’s shirt: (1) If a bachelor, the dreamer will get married. (2) If already married, the dreamer will have a boy.
• Pissing in one’s nose: The dreamer will have sex with a prohibited relative.
• Pissing in an animated area of a marketplace: The dreamer will become a familiar figure in that market.
• A horseman stepping down from a mare for some adventitious reason and pissing blood: He is indulging in adultery (because, according to the ancient Arabs, the soil is a woman and pissing is sex, while blood symbolizes what is prohibited).
• Urinating in the mihrab or prayer niche: The dreamer will have a son who will become a Muslim spiritual leader, as the mihrab basically represents the imam.
• Urinating or pissing one, two, or three drops in the prayer niche: The dreamer will have as many virtuous and handsome children as there were drops.
• Pissing on a holy book: The dreamer will have a son who will memorize that book.
• The few drops that come out after urinating: Money that will not stay long, to the dreamer’s regret.
• Pissing and seeing a vapour rising to cover the whole sky: The dreamer will have a son whose realm will reach the horizons.
Muhammad, The Muslims Holy Prophet, Peace Be Upon Him Dream Explanation
— (Also see Companions.) According to the Hadith (Reliable Quotations of the Holy Prophet), Muhammad, Peace be upon him, said, “Seeing me in a dream is like seeing me in reality, because Satan neither incarnates, nor impersonates me. Whoever has dreamt of me has actually seen me. And he who has dreamt of me will not go to Hell.”40 The best of all dreams is to see the Holy Prophet in good shape, because most if not all interpreters agree that the Prophet is, for the dreamer, like a shining mirror. Therefore, his image reflects the state of the dreamer himself. And he is sometimes identified with the imam (spiritual leader) of the place where the dreamer lives. It is also contended that when a person dreams of the Holy Prophet alone, the dream applies to all Muslims. The wives of the Holy Prophet allude to mothers, welfare, blessings, children, mostly girls, trouble, jealousy, and slander. When a woman dreams of Aisha, she will be highly appreciated and respected and have a good reputation. She will also be favoured by her parents and her husband. If she sees Hafsa, it is a sign of wickedness. Seeing Khadija means that she will be happy and have virtuous progeny. The sight of Fatema, daughter of the Holy Prophet, means that the dreamer will lose her husband, father, and mother.
• In general, seeing the Holy Prophet looking good: (1) Good tidings and joy. (2) God will help the dreamer settle his debts. (3) The dreamer will recover from a disease. (4) The dreamer will win a battle and achieve victory. (5) The dreamer will perform the pilgrimage. (6) The truth will appear with related evidence. (7) Truthful statements. (8) Promises will be fulfilled. (9) High prestige among one’s family and unprecedented gifts. (10) Or, on the contrary, hostility, evil eye, and spite on the part of one’s family, whom the dreamer will be forced to part from. He might also emigrate. (11) The dreamer might lose both parents. (12) The dreamer will eventually have supernatural powers. (13) The dreamer will treat the eyes with admirable skill (14) The end of drought, thirst, and hunger and the start of prosperity and abundance.
• The Holy Prophet seen at his best: The leadership and authority of the imam will be enhanced.
• The Prophet seen in his best shape in a barren land: The dreamer will become fertile.
• The Prophet seen in good shape in a place where injustice reigns supreme: Justice will prevail.
• The Prophet seen in good shape in a place studded with dangers: The people of that place will be secure.
• The Holy Prophet looking white-skinned: Repentance, good deeds, and righteousness.
• The Holy Prophet looking dark-skinned: The dreamer will abandon apostasy and repent.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet with an all-black beard, without a single white hair: Joy and fertility in everything.
• The Prophet’s neck looking thicker and stronger than usual: The imam is worthy of the trust of Muslims.
• The Holy Prophet having an admirably big chest: The imam will be extremely generous and, when asked, will provide plenty of soldiers for the army.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet with an empty
stomach: The treasury is empty
• The Prophet looking slender and light-hearted: (1) Relief from worries. (2) Release from prison. (3) The end of a siege. (4) An end to injustice. (5) The end of fears.
• The Prophet’s legs longer than usual: the imam’s life will stretch.
• The Holy Prophet’s thighs looking bigger, more beautiful, and hairier than usual: The dreamer’s folk will become more numerous and get stronger and richer.
• The Prophet appearing pale and weak or with ragged or worn-out clothes: Religious values are deteriorating in that place, and heresy is having its way.
• Seeing a sick Muhammad recovering: The people of that place will commit no more sins and return to the right path.
• The fingers of the Prophet’s right hand sticking to each other: (1) The imam is not distributing any goods or alms. (2) The dreamer will not perform the pilgrimage, will not engage in the Muslims Jihad (holy struggle), and is not spending on his children and in-laws.
• The Holy Prophet gripping the dreamer’s left hand: (1) The imam is withholding what God has bestowed on his followers or soldiers as well as the moneys allocated for the Jihad and the alms destined for the poor. (2) The dreamer is not paying the zakat, or religious dues, and is turning away from those who request his assistance.
• The fingers of the Holy Prophet tightly pressing on the palm of the dreamer’s hand: Complications and worries both for the imam and the dreamer.
• The Prophet’s hand wide open and the fingers widespread: The imam will distribute the goods, and the dreamer will go to Mecca (Makkah) and play his part in the Jihad.
• A cordial Muhammad giving the dreamer something nice to eat or wear, promising him something, or praying for him: (1) The dreamer will become a just ruler, if eligible, promoting virtue and combating vice. (2) If a scholar or an erudite, the dreamer will optimize the use of his science and acquire extraordinary spiritual powers (karamat). (3) If disobeying God, the dreamer will repent and return to the right path. (4) If an atheist, the dreamer will come back to his senses and study religion even if he is illiterate, like the Holy Prophet was, as stated in the Quran. (5) If scared, the dreamer will be secure from the more powerful as someone will intercede in his favour. (6) If a heretic, indulging in innovations, the dreamer had better fear God.
• Seeing oneself in the image of the Holy Prophet, wearing his dress, or receiving his ring or sword: (1) If eligible to become a king or ruler, will become one. (2) Status will radically improve and all wishes will come true.
• The Prophet sitting in a place: The location will become a trend-setting one.
• The Prophet leading the prayers in a place: Muslims will unite.
• The Holy Prophet frowning or looking sad: The dreamer is in bad condition.
• Drinking the Prophet’s blood, in hiding, out of love for him: Will die as a martyr.
• Drinking the Prophet’s blood overtly as a manifestation of love and affection: The dreamer is a hypocrite who speaks ill of his own family or community and will help bring about their doom.
• Seeing one’s blood mixed with that of Muhammad: A marital relationship with someone from the lineage of the Holy Prophet or a ulema (religious scholar).
• Seeing the Holy Prophet riding on a horse or camel, et cetera: Will visit the Prophet’s Mausoleum in this manner.
• The Prophet proceeding by foot: Will head for the Prophet’s Mausoleum by foot.
• The Holy Prophet standing: The dreamer and the spiritual leader of his time will change for the better.
• The Prophet launching the athan, loud but melodious appeal for prayers in a devastated area: Reconstruction.
• The Holy Prophet eating with the dreamer: The latter is called upon to pay his religious dues.
• Dreaming that you are the child of the Prophet but not from his lineage: You are a genuine believer.
• Dreaming that you are the Prophet’s father: Religious faith will weaken.
• Having obtained part of the body of the Holy Prophet: The dreamer is abiding by parts of the Islamic institution and leaving the rest, thereby behaving like a heretic.
• The Holy Prophet smiling: The dreamer is abiding by Muhammad’s Tradition.
• A woman dreaming of the Holy Prophet: (1) Will reach a high degree of virtue, loyalty, and fame. (2) Will have rivals, other wives sharing her husband. (3) Will give birth to pious children. (4) Will spend her money in a way as to please the Almighty. (5) Will endure harm with stoicism.
• A pregnant woman seeing the Prophet: A male child is in her womb.
• Dreaming that one of the Prophet’s wives is your mother: Faith will become stronger.
• The Prophet seen with his companions: Victory for the believers and havoc and destruction for the atheists.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet fraternizing with his companions: Learning, erudition, and jurisprudence.
• An orphan or a stranger seeing the Holy Prophet: Elevation in life.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet in his youth: The dreamer is a warmonger.
• The Holy Prophet looking young and tall: Intrigue will be followed by a massacre.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet in his forties: The dreamer is powerful and will crush his enemies.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet in his relatively old age: The dreamer is looking for peace.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet as an old man: The people are healthy.
• The Holy Prophet standing amid soldiers armed to the teeth and laughing with vanity: The Muslims army will be defeated that year.
• The Holy Prophet standing amid soldiers bearing a minimum number of weapons and looking contemptible: The Muslims will triumph over their enemies in view of the verse of the Holy Quran that says: “God had helped you at Badr, when ye were a contemptible little force …” (“Al-Imran” [The Imran Family], verse 123.)
• The Holy Prophet combing his hair and beard: The dreamer’s worries will disappear.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet in his mosque or Haram or his usual place: Power and prestige.
• Walking behind the Holy Prophet: You are following in his footsteps and Sunnah (Tradition).
• The Holy Prophet looking into the dreamer’s behaviour: The Prophet is enjoining upon the dreamer to be fair to his wife and give her dues.
• The Holy Prophet shaking hands with the dreamer: The latter is observing the Prophet’s Tradition.
• Eating with the Holy Prophet: The Holy Prophet is directing the dreamer to pay his share of zakat, or religious dues.
• The Holy Prophet eating alone: The Prophet wants the dreamer to pay his zakat (religious dues) and sadaqa (alms to the poor), which he is not doing.
• The Holy Prophet without his sandals: The dreamer is not engaging in jamaa (collective prayer), and the Prophet wants him to change his bad habits.
• The Holy Prophet wearing his half-boots or his slippers: The Prophet is ordering the dreamer to engage in Jihad.
• The Prophet giving some lovable earthly matter, food, or drink to the dreamer: The dreamer will receive benefits as much as he was given. If the substance of what was given by Muhammad was negligible, like the contents of a watermelon, some harm will befall the dreamer and he will face hardships, but he will be saved from something terrible.
• The Holy Prophet giving the dreamer some starchy food, legumes, or pulses: The dreamer will escape trouble.
• The Prophet giving something sweet to the dreamer, like dates or honey: The dreamer will memorize the Holy Quran and become knowledgeable inasmuch as the Prophet had given him.
• The Holy Prophet giving anything to the dreamer: The dreamer will acquire knowledge and observe right and justice, but if the dreamer returns that thing to Muhammad, it means that the dreamer would turn heretic.
• The Holy Prophet addressing people: The dreamer will promote virtue and combat vice.
• The Prophet blaming the dreamer, arguing with him, or shouting at him: The dreamer has introduced some innovation in religion (heresy).
• Kissing the Holy Prophet: The dreamer should check the stories being told about him.
• Reading from a Quran book to the Holy Prophet: The dreamer will memorize the Quran.
• A bachelor dreaming of any of the Prophet’s wives, except Hafsa: He will marry a virtuous woman.
• The Holy Prophet dying in a place: The Prophet’s Tradition will die in that place.
• Dreaming that the Prophet has died: One of the dreamer’s children will die.
• Seeing the Prophet’s funeral: Some terrible tragedy will occur at that spot.
• Marching in the Prophet’s funeral procession to the grave: The dreamer has a penchant for heresy.
• Visiting the Prophet’s Mausoleum: Fabulous financial gains.
• Seeing the Prophet’s Boraq or winged horse (Pegasus, hippogriff): (1) Very high promotion. (2) Will have a round-trip full of health and wealth. (3) Martyrdom.
Ship Dream Explanation
— (Boat; Human being; Might; Mother; Prison; Star; Salvation; Stress) Seeing a ship in a dream means escape from danger, overcoming adversities, recovering from an illness, or it could represent rain after a severe drought. If one who is experiencing adversities sees a ship or a boat anchored in a harbor in his dream, it means that his adversities will be lifted shortly. If one sees himself pulling it, or driving it on dry land in a dream, it means that he is a hypocrite or a pimp. If he rides a ship along with righteous people in a dream, it means that he is guided on the straight path and that his sins will be forgiven. If one reaches the shore and leaves the boat in a dream, it means that he will live in safety and happiness, and he will escape from the danger of his enemies. If one who is dismissed from his work sees himself on a boat in a dream, it means that he will be rehired to occupy the same office and regain his authority, or that he may take a dangerous trip during which he may either die or escape from death. If one thinks that the ship does not befit his class or rank in the dream, it means that he will face danger. If one's ship is drowning, and if another ship comes to its rescue in the dream, it means that one will escape from a great danger to fall into the hands of a strong person, or that he will escape from a danger, though should he disobey its captain and abandon the second ship in his dream, it means that he may disobey his leader and go astray. Recovering one's ship from the deep in a dream means regaining power. If the ship in one's dream is interpreted as power, it means that he will lose his power or authority. If the ship is interpreted as burdens and difficulties, it means that he will overcome them through prayers or giving charity, or taking a medicine if he is ill. If one's ship drown, and if he sees himself floating in the water holding to a panel or debris from the ship in the dream, it means that he will face the wrath of someone in authority. If he is holding a leadership position, it means that he may lose it. If he is a merchant, it means that he may go bankrupt. If he still dies from his trial in the dream, it means that he may be killed, and his death will still be an escape from something he feared most. An empty
ship in a dream means business profits. Seeing a passenger ship transporting people in a dream means safety. If the ship is floating still in the dream, it means imprisonment. To hold to the rope of a ship in a dream represents a religious person who joins the company a pious teacher. Even if one sees himself dropping the ropes, or lowering the anchor in his dream, it means that he will remain in the company of such a person. Riding a ship along with one's family, relatives and friends in a dream means honor, prosperity and escape from one's enemies. If one sees himself crossing the sea with a small boat in the dream, it represents a danger he will face. Seeing a ship floating nicely in a dream means happiness. Standing on the shore and watching a ship in the sea in a dream means receiving glad tidings. If one sees the ship ascending in the skies in a dream, it represents slow coming benefits, and if the ship is descending from the sky, it denotes fast coming benefits. The beams of a ship represent religious men, faith, holding fast to one's religion, or they could mean complications. The sails of a ship in a dream represent its captain. The crew represents servants. The rowing oars, the rudders, or the propellers in a dream represent the movement of the ship, or the children of its owner. The condition of a ship represents the state of the person seeing the dream or his living condition. If one rescues a drowned ship in a dream, it means that he will discover a treasure, or it could mean marriage if one is unwed, or a financial gift for one who works for a governor. If one sees himself as a ship ebbing and stretching as the tide fall in the sea, then if the sea calms in the dream, it means that he will receive a high ranking appointment, leadership, authority and honor. If one sees a ship floating over a sea of blood in a dream, it means adultery. If the ship sinks, and if some of its debris and boards remain afloat in the dream, it may mean the death of one's mother, for one's mother was once his ship. Buying a ship in a dream means getting married. Carrying oars in a dream means knowledge. A flying ship in a dream means the death of its rider. A flying ship in a dream also may represent another type of vehicle, or it could mean a coffin or a funeral. If one dies inside a ship that has sunk in a dream, it means that he will be saved from suffering in the hereafter, and he will also escape from what he fears most in this world. If he finds a hole in the ship in his dream, it means that he may escape from drowning. A ship in a dream also represents a heavy built woman. In a dream, a ship also represents the Bridge of Judgement (Sirat) that will be stretched on the Day of Resurrection for the creation to cross into the land of the Grand Gathering. A ship in a dream also represents salvation, avoiding ignorance, or overcoming temptation. If a sick person sees himself riding in the morgue of a ship with dead people in a dream, it means that he will escape from the trials of this world. If a healthy person who is seeking knowledge does so in a dream, it means that he may meet with a spiritual teacher to benefit from his knowledge and wisdom, and to escape from ignorance. If an indebted person does so in his dream, it means that he will repay his debts, while for a deprived person, he too will find plenitude and acquire wealth from unexpected sources. If one sees his ship sailing to the shore, then if it becomes amphibious, driving him on dry land in the dream, it means that he will waiver in his faith and deviate from the path of truth to follow innovations, hypocrisy and insolence. If he is not seeking knowledge, it means that he will divorce his wife, then proceed to live with her in sin. If he is a merchant, it means that his business will stagnate and he will seek unlawful methods to market his merchandise. In a dream, a ship also represents good deeds, righteous companions, associating with a wise man, a good fellowship, praiseworthy deeds, a handcraft, stagnation of one's business, fear, hope, salvation, a mosque, a marketplace, one's father, one's mother, master, teacher, educator, wealth, a house, an adulteress, a vehicle, one's wife, or his servant. A ship in a dream also represents a tavern in the sense that one enters it sober and leaves it light headed. A ship in a dream also represents the human form and its body represents his body. Its oars represent his hands. Its front represents his head. Its contents represent his brain. Its boards represent his ribs, and its ropes represent his veins, etcetera. If one sees a ship sitting on top of a mountain in a dream, it means safety, or escape from a danger, or protection from one's enemy. If it sinks in the sea in the dream, it also means that he is one of the dwellers of hell-fire. If the ship turns into iron in the dream, it means longevity. Eating the wood of a ship in a dream means receiving a sizeable inheritance, or it could mean eating forbidden meat. If one sees a ship talking to him and soothing his understanding in a dream, it means that he will listen to the admonition of a wise man. Seeing Noah's arc in a dream means happiness, joy, festivities, salvation, relief from stress and worries, protection from drowning, marriage and a presiding position, or victory over one's enemy. (Also see Boat; Helm)
Prophet Muhammad Dream Explanation
— (Allah's Prophet Muhammad, blessings and peace be upon him; The Seal of the prophets; The last Messenger) It is related that Allah's Messenger, upon whom be peace, has said; " One who sees me in a dream will see me in his wakefulness, for Satan cannot impersonate me. " He also has said; " One who sees me in a dream, it is as if he has truly seen me, for Satan cannot impersonate me. " He also has said; " One who sees me in a dream will not enter the fire of hell. " Muslim theologians and scholars differ in opinion about the meaning of seeing Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in a dream. Ibn Seerin used to ask someone who tells of such a dream to describe the Prophet, upon whom be peace. If any of the details did not fit his description, reply was; " You have not seen him. " Asim Bin Kulayb once said; " I related to Ibn Abbas, Allah bless his soul and that of his father, that I saw Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in a dream. Ibn Abbas replied; " Describe him to me. " Asim Bin Kulayb added; " I described him as resembling Al-Hassan son of Ali, upon both of them be peace. " Ibn Abbas replied; " Indeed you have seen him. " Ibn Arabi once explained that the essence of seeing Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) is cognizance of his presence and understanding the reality of his character and example. Thus, recognizing the presence of the blessed being is as affirmation of the truth, while seeing the physical form represents his example and attributes, for being earthly does not change the essence of prophethood. When Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) said; " He will see me in wakefulness, " it means; expounding upon what he saw,' for what one sees in such a dream is the truth which resides in the realms of the unseen. In the second saying, when Allah's Prophet, upon whom be peace, said; " It is as if he has truly seen me, " it means that if one had seen him during the time of delivering Allah's massage, the example will be the same. Thus, the first saying signifies what is real and true while the second saying implies the physical reality and its example. If one sees Allah's Prophet, upon whom be peace, coming toward him in a dream, it means blessings and benefits, and if one sees Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) turning away from him in a dream, it means the opposite. Al-Qadi Iyad, Allah bless his soul, interpreted the words of Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in his saying; " Has truly seen me, " to mean; " has truly seen my physical form, " that the blessed companions knew, while seeing him in another form in a dream means that one's dream connotes personal interpretations. Following the explanation of Al-Qadi Iyad, Imam Al Nawawi commented by saying; " This is a weak explanation. A stronger interpretation is to say that one who sees Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in a dream has seen him in reality however his resemblance may appear. Whether the resemblance in the dream is known or not. " In a separate commentary, Sheikh Al-Baqlani added; " What Al-Qadi Iyad has said does not contradict what Imam Al-Nawawi has said. " This is because the first dream does not require interpretation, according to Al-Qadi Iyad. In the second type of dream, that is discussed in Imam Al-Nawawi's comments, one's dream does require interpretation or analysis. This is to mean that since no Satan can impersonate Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp), then whatever appearance he displays in one's dream is true. The meaning of Allah's prophet's saying; " For Satan cannot impersonate me, " implies that since Allah's guardianship (Isma) is inviolable, and since Allah's Prophet, upon whom be peace, is sacrosanct, then as he was protected during the time of delivering Allah's message to humanity, he is still protected by the same guardianship after Allah Almighty took him back to Himself. Thus, whoever sees Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in any appearance in a dream, it is as if has seen him in reality, regardless whether one sees him as a young man, or at the time of delivering his message, or as an old person. If one sees him looking old in a dream, it means peace. If one sees him looking young in a dream, it means war. If one sees him smiling in a dream, it means that one is truly emulating his traditions. Seeing Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in his known and recognized appearance in a dream means that the one seeing the dream is a pious person, that his integrity is inviolable, and that his success is unquestionable. Seeing him (uwbp) in a dream frowning represents the ill state of the one seeing the dream. Ibn Abi Jumrah once said; " Seeing Him (uwbp) in a beautiful appearance denotes the good religious standing of the person seeing the dream. Seeing him with some disfeatures in a dream, a deficiency or distortion in one's application of his religious duties, for Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) is like a mirror that portrays the one standing before it. " In this sense, the person seeing the dream can recognize his own state. This interpretation is also given by Ibn Hajar Al-Hutaymi, Allah bless his soul. Like that, in the book of " Sharh al-Shamail " of Imam Al Tirmithi, it is also stated that Satan cannot impersonate Allah Almighty, His signs, prophets or angels. If someone suffering from distress sees Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in a dream, it means that his difficulties will be removed. If a prisoner sees him in a dream, it means that he will be released form prison. If one is living at a time of economic chaos, and if high prices are exploiting the people of the land, or if injustice is tyrannizing everyone, then seeing Allah's Prophet, upon whom be peace, in a dream represents an end to such adversities. Seeing him in his beautiful, radiant and impeccable appearance as best described by his companions in a dream means glad tidings of attaining a successful conclusion to one's life in this world and in the hereafter. The state and clarity of one's heart and how well polished is his own mirror determines in what appearance he may see him, upon whom be peace. If Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) comes toward someone in a dream, or leads him in prayers, or if one sees himself accompanying him on the road, or if one eats something sweet from his blessed hand, or receives a cloak, or a suitable shirt, or if Allah's Prophet Muhammad promises him something, or prays for him, then if the one seeing the dream qualifies for leadership, and if he is a righteous and a just man who commands what is good and forbids what is evil, and if he is learned and practices what he knows, and if he is a pious worshipper and a devout Muslim, he will then attain the station and company of the blessed ones. If the one who sees the dream is a disobedient servant of Allah Almighty, it means that he will repent for his sins and return to his Lord. If he is living in heedlessness, it means that he will be guided. Perhaps, he might attain his goals in acquiring knowledge, or learn how to reconstruct his innermost being to befit a human being who is grateful to his Lord. If one is fearing oppression, persecution, or loss of his property and wealth sees him (uwbp) in a dream, it means putting an end to such fears, for he is the best of intercessors to restore anyone before Allah Almighty. If one who follows innovations sees Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in a dream, it means that he should fear Allah Almighty, heed to His warnings and correct himself and particularly if he sees Him (uwbp) walking away from him, or turning his back to him. Seeing Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in a dream also means receiving glad tidings and happy news, or it could signify justice, establishing the truth, fulfillment of a promise, reaching a high rank among the members of one's family, or perhaps it could mean that one may suffer from their envy and jealousy, or leave his homeland and migrate to another country, or it could mean that he may lose his parents and become an orphan. Seeing him (uwbp) in a dream also could mean seeing miraculous events (Karamat), for his companions witnessed and testified to a deer greeting him, a camel who kissed his foot, the broiled leg of mutton talking to him, trees moving to give him cover, pebbles glorifying Allah's praises in his hand, among countless miracles, including his Nocturnal Journey and ascension (Miraj) to the heavens to meet his Lord. If an ophthalmologist sees him in a dream, it means that he will acquire great expertise in his field and become renowned in the land, for Allah's Prophet Muhammad upon whom be peace, did return the eye of his companion Qutadah to its place and made his sight sharper than it was by Allah's leave, after Qutadah had lost his eye during one of the battles with the unbelievers. If a traveller in the desert sees Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in a dream, or if there is drought somewhere, it means that rain will fall and springs will gush forth, as water gushed from between his blessed fingers when he placed his blessed hand over a half filled cup to quench the thirst of an entire army. If calamities, starvation and drought has befallen a land and someone sees Him (uwbp) in a dream, it means that such calamities will be lifted and life will return to normal in that place. If a woman sees him in a dream, it means that she will reach a high spiritual station, honor, righteousness, chastity, trustworthiness and perhaps be given a blessed progeny, or if she is wealthy, it means that she will spend her wealth on Allah's path. Seeing him (uwbp) in a dream also means facing adversities, bearing patience and suffering from one's enemy. If an orphan sees him (uwbp) in a dream, it means that he will reach an exalted station and the same goes if a foreigner sees him in his dream. If a physician sees him (uwbp) in a dream, it means that people will benefit from his medicine. Seeing him (uwbp) in a dream also means victory over one's enemy, or consolidating and paying one's debts, or recovering from an illness, or attending a pilgrimage to Allah's House in Mecca, or triumphing over one's trials, or cessation of one's adversities, or fertility of a barren land, or the pregnancy of a barren woman. If a visitor to his mosque sees himself in a dream coming before Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) and finds him standing up, it denotes one's correct religious standing, and it means that he will have commanding authority over the Imam of his time. If one finds him (uwbp) deceased in the dream, it means that a noble person from the family of the person seeing the dream will shortly die. If one sees the funeral of Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in a dream, it means that a calamity will befall that country. Following his funeral procession up to his grave (uwbp) in a dream means that the person seeing the dream will yield to innovations. Visiting his grave (uwbp) in a dream means receiving a great treasure. If one sees himself as the son of Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in a dream, and even if one is not one of his descendents, it denotes one's sincerity, true faith and certitude. Seeing Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) by one person does not exclude the remainder of the believers, but the blessings encompass all of them. Receiving something from him (uwbp) such as food or a drink in a dream means benefits and profits. If one receives food which substance connotes negative circumstances, such as a melon or the like elements in a dream, it means that one will escape from a great danger, though he will toil and suffer from hardships during his trials. If one sees that one of the limbs that belong to Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) has become his own in a dream, it means that he is following innovation and making changes in the laws Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) brought to humankind. If one sees himself in a dream embodying the form of Allah's Prophet, upon whom be peace, or wearing one of his garments, or receives his ring, or sword, then if the person is seeking to govern, he will attain that and the people will accept his leadership. If one is suffering from persecution, or humiliation in the land, then seeing Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) standing in a dream means that Allah Almighty will grant him victory and make him rise above his enemies. If one is poor, his needs will be satisfied, or if he is unmarried, he will get married. If one sees him (uwbp) in a ruined place in a dream, it means that such a place will be rebuilt. If one enters a room and finds him (uwbp) sitting there in a dream, it means that a miraculous sign, or a major event will take place in such a locality. If one sees him (uwbp) making the call to prayers in a dream, it means that prosperity will spread in that place. If one sees him establishing the prayers (Iqamah) in a dream, it means that the Muslims will reunite and dispel their differences. If one sees him (uwbp) placing kohl over his eyelids in a dream, it means that he will find safety and correct his religious stand, or it could mean that one will study and become a scholar in the field of the prophetic sayings (Ahadith). If a pregnant woman sees him (uwbp) in a dream, it means that she will beget a son. If one sees him (uwbp) having a black beard with no gray hair in it in a dream, it will bring happiness, joy and prosperity to one's life. If Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) is seen as an old man in a dream, it means strength in one's life and victory over one's enemy. Seeing him (uwbp) in his most exalted state in a dream means that the Imam, or the ruler of the country will rise in station and that his authority will expand. If one sees his blessed neck wide, it means that the Imam is holding firmly to his trust. If one sees him (uwbp) having a large chest in a dream, it means that the Imam or the ruler of the country is generous toward his subjects. If one sees his blessed stomach (uwbp) empty
in a dream, it means that the treasury of the country is empty
. If one sees his right hand closed in a dream, it means that the Imam or the ruler of the country does not pay his employees, or distribute the collected alms tax. If one sees his blessed right hand (uwbp) open in a dream, it denotes the generosity of the ruler and his compliance with the distribution of charities and alms tax as prescribed in Allah's book. If his hands are locked together in a dream, it means complications in the life of the Imam, or the ruler of the country. The same will affect the life of the person seeing the dream, including suffering from distress and adversities. If one sees his blessed leg beautiful and hairy in a dream, it means that one's clan will become stronger, and his tribe will grow. If one sees the blessed thighs of Allah's Prophet Muhammad tall in a dream, it denotes longevity of the Imam or the ruler of the country. If one sees him (uwbp) standing in the midst of soldiers and everyone is laughing and joking in a dream, it means that the Muslim army will be defeated and humiliated in a war. If he is seen with a small army that is ill equipped and everyone is looking down in the dream, it means that the Muslim army will triumph in that year. If one sees him (uwbp) combing his blessed hair and beard in a dream, It means that one's distress and adversities will be dispelled. Seeing him (uwbp) in his own mosque, or in any mosque, or in his usual place in a dream it means gaining power and honor. If one sees him standing in the midst of his companions delivering a revelation in a dream, it means that one will acquire a greater knowledge, wisdom and spiritual understanding. Seeing the grave of Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in a dream means prosperity and profits for a merchant, or the release of a prisoner from his jail. Seeing oneself in a dream as the father of Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) means that one's faith will diminish and his certitude will weaken. If a woman sees herself in a dream as one of the wives of Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp), it represents her growing faith. If one sees him (uwbp) looking into one's affairs in a dream, it means that Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) is admonishing the one seeing the dream and commanding him to render his wife her due rights. To walk behind him (uwbp) in a dream means following his (Sunnah) traditions in wakefulness. To eat with him (uwbp) in a dream means that one is commanded to pay the annual alms tax (Islamic law) due over one's money making assets, or liquid assets, gold, silver, jewelry, savings, etcetera, excepting one's home or vehicle. If one sees Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) eating alone in a dream, it means that the one seeing the dream refuses to give charities and disdains to help those who ask for his help. In this sense, it is as if Allah's Prophet, upon whom be peace, is commanding the person to give charities and to help the needy. If one sees him (uwbp) bare footed in a dream, it means that one has neglected to do his regular prayers. To see him (uwbp) and to shake hands with him in a dream means that one is truly his follower. If one sees his blood mixed with that of Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) in a dream, it means that one will marry a woman from among his descendents, or that one will marry the daughter of a great religious scholar. If Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) gives someone some type of greens or herbs in a dream, it means that one will escape from a great danger. If he (uwbp) gives him something fresh or honey in the dream, it means that one will learn the Holy Quran and acquire a great knowledge and wisdom according to the amount he receives in his dream. If one returns the gift to Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) it means that he will follow innovation. To see him (uwbp) delivering a sermon in a dream means that he is commanding people to do good and to eschew evil. If one sees the color of his skin (uwbp) tan in a dream, it means that one will think about repenting from his sins and abstain from young people's ignorance. If the color of his skin is white in the dream, it means that one will repent for his sins and turn to Allah Almighty for acceptance. If he (uwbp) reprimands someone in a dream, it means that one must refrain from innovation and follow the prophetic traditions. If one finds that Allah's Prophet Muhammad (uwbp) has died in a specific location in a dream, it means that the person seeing the dream will die in that same place and Allah knows best. (Also see Visiting holy sites)
Fire Dream Explanation
— In general, any dream involving fire or Hell means that an intrigue is imminent. But for the ancient Arabs, fire also symbolized power or the one in power, in view of its essence and properties. Fire can be beneficial and can be harmful, like the sultan. It also refers to faults and sins and statements or deeds conducive to them. At the same time, it alludes to the return to the right path, that of wisdom, Islam, learning, and the Quran, as it can be used to light the way. Likewise, to the ancient Arabs fire was a sign of wealth and the good quality of life. Putting it out meant avarice and poverty. But it also symbolized the jinn whom God created from fire, poisons, the sword, and intrigue if it produced a thunder like sound and had flames and smoke. Sometimes, it represented the torture inflicted by the sultan, because “it is God’s torture.” It also alludes to plagues like swarms of locusts or diseases or epidemics like smallpox or the bubonic plague.
• Being burnt or dreaming that a dead person is being burnt: The subject is doomed to Hell.
• A king throwing the dreamer in the fire: The dreamer must pay some money.
• Fire with flames and smoke falling from the sky on the houses and shops: Intrigue, strife, and war or the crossing of swords in such places or a fine will be imposed by the ruler.
• Fire falling from heaven and burning the dreamer without really affecting him: Soldiers will invade his house.
• Seeing embers without flames: Diseases, like smallpox, or an epidemic.
• A fire ravaging plants and cultivated areas: Barrenness will decimate all vegetation, or locusts will devour the crops.
• Lighting a fire on a path for people to see where they are going: (1) Will receive or dispense teachings, if eligible. (2) Will wield power and influence and benefit people and vice versa.
• Lighting a fire away from any route and seeing it burning passersby or their clothes or harming them or their eyesight with the smoke it pro duces: (1) The dreamer will come out with or entertain a heresy. (2) A tyrant will seek the dreamer’s services or torture him, depending on whether the dreamer was approaching and fuelling the fire or fleeing from it.
• Lighting a fire in a barren land and inviting people to it: The dreamer is promoting a heresy, and whoever responds in the dream will respond in reality.
• A good person dreaming that his enemies have sparked off a terrible fire, which does not resemble the fire known on earth, and are preparing to throw him in it: He will triumph and supercede them. If they actually throw him, he will be safe, as was the case with the Prophet Abraham.
• Fire threatening the dreamer or those who lit it serving warnings to him: He had better fear God and abstain from the things conducive to Hell in which he is indulging.
• Seeing the fire in an oven or a furnace, et cetera, in one’s home: Benefits and wealth, especially for people whose profession or craft involves the use of fire and more particularly if it is in winter.
• A fire having been put down by water or rain or in any way and turned into ashes: Will become poor or unable to carry out one’s activity or profession.
• A person whose profession does not involve the use of fire lighting a fire to cook: He is striving to earn money or obtain other benefits by serving the ruler or a powerful individual or through this individual’s help. He could also be trying to achieve the same goal through brokerage or a dispute or inciting people against each other or slandering someone.
• Seeing one’s home burning: Havoc and destruction or bankruptcy are imminent.
• Seeing some food, oil or any items on sale catching fire: The price of such goods or commodities will rise, or the ruler will buy them from the merchants.
• Eating fire: Will have doubtful sources of income, take dirty money, or eat up the moneys of the orphans, in view of the Quranic verse that says: “Lo! Those who devour the wealth of orphans wrongfully, they do but swallow fire into their bellies, and they will be exposed to burning flame.” (“Al-Nisae” [Women], verse 10.)
• Fire speaking in a jar or a container symbolizing a male or a female: The person whom the pot refers to will be touched or possessed by a jinn who will speak through his tongue.
• Setting a fire to warm up: Will invent something to conceal or remedy one’s poverty, because cold is poverty.
• The thumb turning into a night-light: The dreamer will go blind and be led by some of his children.
• Fire coming out of the dreamer’s finger: He is an unjust writer.
• Fire coming out of the dreamer’s mouth: He is a slanderer.
• Fire coming out of the dreamer’s palm: He is an unfair craftsman or manufacturer.
• Lighting a fire under a utensil containing food: The dreamer will do something that will benefit his household. If the container was empty
, he would incite someone to do something ugly.
• Fire burning the dreamer’s body or clothes: Harm and calamities.
• A burning flame in one’s clothes: Wife will get pregnant.
• Being licked by flames: Will be slandered.
• Obtaining fire: Will receive dirty money from the ruler or another influential person.
• Seeing a flame in one’s hand: Will receive plenty of money and gifts from the ruler.
• Lighting a fire at the gate of the ruler: Will have the power to rule.
• Seeing a fire over one’s head (like a halo) throwing a bright light that helps everybody: The dreamer is a majestic person who likes to help people.
• Sparking off fire in a crowded place or setting people ablaze: Will sow the seeds of dissension among people and cause harm.
• A merchant seeing a fire in the marketplace or in his shop: His merchandise will be sold out or exhausted, but the money he will gain from that exercise will not be a hundred percent pure.
• Sitting with people around a fire or seeing a bright flame on a dark, moonless night: Blessings and strength in view of verses in the Holy Quran: “ (Remember) when Moses said unto his household: Lo! I spy afar off a fire, I will bring you tiding thence, or bring to you a borrowed flame that ye may warm yourselves. But when he reached it, he was called, saying: Blessed is whosoever is in the fire and whosoever is round about it! And glorified by Allah, the Lord of the Worlds!” (“Al-Naml” [The Ants], verses 07–08.)
• Fire being driven out of one’s home: Will be given a high post or a province to rule, be successful in trade, or be blessed with special skills in a craft or a profession.
• A person whose wife is pregnant dreaming that fire has fallen from his head or come out of his hand: Will hear great news, namely that his wife has given birth to a male child.
• Seeing a fire, a blaze, or sparks having been extinguished: Subversion, riots, and clashes will mark that place.
• Seeing a smokeless flame on one’s house: Will go on hajj (pilgrimage).
• Seeing a smokeless flame in the middle of one’s house: Will be buried there.
• A fire that the household is using to see all round being put down: The backbone of the house will die. The same dream applied to a country means that its head will pass away. If the fire is contained in the garden, the children of such a chief will die. If winds enter the house after the flame died down, thieves will do so.
• A warrior or a merchant lighting a fire that dies down: Will lose and be subdued and humiliated.
• Being in a fire or surrounded by fire without feeling the heat: Will have strong friends and supporters, triumph over enemies, and rule, in view of the story of Abraham as related in verses 51–70 in the chapter titled “Al-Anbiyae” (The Prophets) in the Holy Quran. A person told Ibn Siren he dreamed that one of his slippers had fallen in a fire and the flames only licked part of the other. His interpretation was that the subject had cattle in Persia, which were stolen. Half of them were gone, and the rest were wounded. As usual, Ibn Siren proved to be right.
Penis Dream Explanation
— Basically, the word for penis in Arabic is thakar, a homonym of male. It is almost an homonym of thikr as well, meaning “reputation.” Those are major considerations in interpreting dreams involving the penis. Therefore, the penis refers to the person’s reputation among people; a male child or children; well-being; money; the life span, honour and prestige; or anyone who exerts efforts to ensure other people’s comfort and safety, such as the father, the son who honours his parents name, the attentive boy, the good partner or the messenger. It also alludes to the horse or camel, et cetera. It could refer as well to the bucket or watering can and to any being the dreamer has sex with. For the farmer, the penis symbolizes his plow, and reaping hook; for the carpenter his perforator; for the blacksmith his pair of bellows; for the litter his assay scales; for the butcher his knife; for the writer; the pen that he puts in the ink pot; for the soldier his arrow or spear; for the ship-owner or sailor his mast or pole; and so on and so forth. Sometimes it even refers to the weeping eye or the one-eyed. Most significant as well is the penis symbolizing the animals that roams at night and seek refuge in their burrows.
• The dreamer’s erect penis having become longer, bigger, and more beautiful, in a way as to make him proud of it: The dreamer will have plenty of children and wealth, and his wife and whoever is in charge of gating his land, if any, will enjoy good health. It also means that he will be better off or will recover in case he is ill, that his troubles and worries will go away, and that he will overcome his enemies by using his power and influence, for the simple reason that erection usually occurs only when the person lives and eats well, is satisfied, and is enjoying peace of mind.
• Paradoxically, seeing one’s penis longer than usual: Worries and deep trouble are on the way.
• Seeing a pen coming out of one’s penis: The dreamer will have a son who will be versed in all disciplines (because the pen serves to register and preserve all kinds of knowledge).
• Having lost one’s penis and regretting it: Something will affect the dreamer’s son. (1) If he is a ruler or governor, he will be deposed. (2) If ill, he will pass away. (3) He will be lost. (4) He will travel and no news will come of him.
• The penis having been cut: The dreamer will die, his son will die, he will no longer have male children, he will lose his money, or he will stay away from his country for a long time, during which his folk will forget him.
• Severing or eating someone else’s penis: The dreamer will sever relations with that person.
• Biting someone else’s penis: The dreamer likes or loves that man and speaks very highly of him.
• Someone playing with the dreamer’s penis: Joy and prosperity.
• An intellectual dreaming that he is playing with his penis: Distraction and passion will dominate his mind.
• Seeing another penis or harmless herbs growing out of one’s penis: Children, benefits, and general welfare. If the herbs were harmful it would be otherwise.
• The penis appearing like a tree with many branches: The dreamer will be prolific.
• The penis splitting into three: (1) The dreamer will die. (2) The dreamer will have three sons.
• Having two penises instead of one: The dreamer will be blessed with two sons.
• Having two penises, one on top of the other: If the dreamer is a profligate, he will sodomize his two sons.
• Finding someone else’s penis in your hand: The dreamer will obtain one thousand of something, depending on his social or financial standard.
• Seeing one’s penis having been cut and put on one’s ear: The dreamer will have a daughter who will never get married or will give birth to an illegitimate child.
• The penis having been cut off in the vagina of the dreamer’s pregnant wife: (1) She will have a miscarriage, or the child will die. (2) The water will be cut off from the dreamer’s garden, if any.
• A hot loaf of bread coming out of the penis: Poverty is ahead.
• Seeing one’s testicles having been cut, though the penis is still there: The dreamer will have no more daughters.
• A woman dreaming that she has a penis (or a beard): (1) If married, she will divorce. (2) More power for whoever is supporting her. (3) She is rebelling against the husband’s authority, dominating him, retaliating for any reproach on his part, especially if in the dream she is dressed like a man. (4) If pregnant, she will give birth to a male child. (5) If she is not pregnant but already has a boy, the latter will become the master of his folk. (6) If neither pregnant nor the mother of a boy, she will never have children, in view of her masculinity. (7) It could also indicate that she is a lesbian who uses her clitoris like men do their phallus in making love to the opposite sex. (8) If she is not a lesbian, is not married, and has never conceived, she will get married.
• A pregnant woman introducing her penis in her anus: She will have an abortion or a miscarriage.
• A man introducing his penis in his anus: He will live long.
• The penis having retreated into the body: The dreamer will conceal a testimony.
• The dreamer removing his penis or part thereof with his hand and replacing it: (1) One of his sons will die and another will be born. (2) Lost money will be retrieved. (3) The dreamer will regain his reputation or fame.
• Being busy doing something good or bad in the midst of a crowd, naked, the penis erect, and feeling no shame: (1) Aspirations will be fulfilled. (2) Hardships are over and the dreamer will get what he wanted badly. (3) Social status will improve. (4) Triumph over enemies. (5) If the penis is hard and undistorted, the dreamer will struggle harder till he recovers his lost prestige. (6) If his penis had stretched and widened till surpassing his head or going to bed with him like a sex partner, he will become well-known and highly respected in his country and his work will be appreciated. He will also enjoy all sensual pleasures. The longer cock means more money; its bigger size is excellence in the dreamer’s craft or profession and more energy and power. (7) If the penis had reached his chest: The dreamer will persevere further. (8) Touching the erect penis creeping under one’s clothes: The dreamer himself and his children will become famous and highly appreciated.
• Seeing one’s penis having become weak: (1) The dreamer’s son will become ill. (2) Success and fame are about to cease. (3) Numbness, torpor, and poverty insomuch as the penis appeared weak.
• Bending to one’s own penis and sucking it: The dreamer will bow to his son and do all that the latter wishes to the extent of being subdued by him.
• Sucking the penis of a human being or an animal: The sucker will live in the shadow of the person in question or be remembered for something that has to do with the animal that appeared in the dream.
• Being circumcised: Improved religious faith, for in general the circumcised penis symbolizes the arrow of Jesus (sic).
• A non circumcised penis: The tailor’s spool.
• Seeing a prepuce (foreskin) around one’s penis: The dreamer is indulging in luxury in a way inconsistent with the teachings and the Tradition of the Muslims Holy Prophet.
• A knot on one’s penis: Life will get harder no more easy going, people will laugh or scoff at the dreamer’s son, or he will not marry.
• The urethra, orifice (or hole) of the penis s urinary tract: (1) A reference to the parents and to children, because of the sperm that it ejaculates, which is the direct cause of fathering children. (2) A reference to brothers, sisters, and other relatives. (3) A reference to women, because of the libido. (4) A reference to man’s physical fitness. (5) A reference to the dreamer’s assets because, like them, it expands and shrinks or gets empty
and full, alternatively. (6) A reference to logic and literature.
• Kissing the penis s aperture (hole): (1) The son’s recovery from a disease or better health. (2) The dreamer’s children will return from abroad, and he will be able to see them and kiss them. (3) In case the dreamer is childless, he will have children.
• Seeing plenty of hair in the aperture of one’s penis: The dreamer is profligate, shameless, extravagant, and immersed in debauchery.
• Feeding the orifice of one’s penis: The dreamer will have an awful death.
• Seeing hair growing on the father’s penis: The father is nearing death.
• One’s penis turning into a vulva (female sex organ): The dreamer’s mettle and power will weaken, or he will become impotent.
• A woman’s vulva turning into a phallus while the dreamer’s penis is in it: Her character will change and if she remains so, it means she will always be the dominating, rebellious, and obscene type.
• The penis turning into iron, copper, or any precious metal: The dreamer will lose interest in life, have no more children, and perhaps lose his tranquillity, because such an alteration is of no use whatsoever.
• Seeing one’s penis blackened and hanging slackly: The dreamer is not faring well.
• Seeing wounds or sores on one’s penis: People are saying obscene things about the dreamer.
• A snake swallowing the dreamer’s penis: His wife has committed adultery.
• A snake coming out of the penis s aperture: The dreamer will have a boy.
• A snake going out of the penis, then in, then out again: The dreamer will be disappointed by that organ.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s nose, breast, back or penis: The dreamer will have a male child who might grow up to become an enemy.
• Drinking water through one’s penis: The dreamer is a concupiscent and libidinous man.
• Hitting somebody or something with one’s penis: The dreamer will make love.
| || |