Dog Dream Explanation
— According to Ibn Siren, dream interpreters disagree on what a dog
represents in dreams. Some of them regard it as a slave or a servant, others as a despot, a terrible person, and a slanderer, if it barks. The black dog
is an Arab. On the other hand, a dog
could also mean a weak enemy with little chivalry, if any. The she-dog is a mean woman. If she bites, such a woman would harm the dreamer. If a dog
tears the dreamer’s clothes, it would mean that a low man would backbite him. For Al-Nabulsi, the dog
symbolizes a policeman of low rank, a gate-man, or a guardian, a niggardly person, a weak enemy, and a stupid, profligate, and aggressive man who never hesitates to commit foolish or criminal acts, especially if it barks; it would mean that he has an awful temper, that he is terrible. The dog
is also a harbinger of fever, in view of the terrible disease Al-Shiira Al-Yamaneyyah (literally translated, it means the Yemeni hair; probably hirsutism or hypertrichosis, more popularly known as the werewolf phenomenon, which had a correlation not with the full moon, but with Al-Shiira Al-Yamaneyyah, which was also the name of Sirius, a star of the constellation called the Greater Dog
, or Canis Major, which is the brightest star in the heavens). It could also be a sign of apostasy, atheism, or despair in God’s mercy and scepticism about His messages. All dogs, in general, symbolize the worldly persons (perhaps because, in Arabic, whereas the word kalb means “dog,” takalub means “to rush madly upon; to contend for”), as well as the humble, submissive people, the beggars, or the lads who go from door to door. In abstract terms, dogs are the incarnation of meanness, lowliness, villainy, and humiliation or humility with everlasting affection for the master and care for the latter’s money and children or in-laws. All kinds of dogs refer to wicked persons.
• Taking a dog: Will befriend a servant and love him very much.
• Taking or befriending a dog: Deviation, work stoppage, and the squandering of money.
• Being bitten or scratched by one’s dog: (1) Will encounter disaster sustain harm, and face hardships caused by a friend or a servant. (2) Will be harmed by one’s enemy as much as there was pain. (3) The dreamer might fall ill.
• A dog
tearing one’s clothes: A silly individual is backbiting you. If no barking was heard, it means that an enemy has silently laid a trap.
• A female dog (or bitch): (1) A proliferative woman keen on preserving her husband; (2) A mean woman of low origin whose folks are troublemakers.
• A puppy is a beloved son. If he is white, it means the boy is a genuine worshiper. If black, he will prevail over his folk. In other interpretations: A puppy is the waif of a profligate or the product of adultery that the dreamer will find and raise.
• A domestic dog: An unjust and dangerous enemy.
• Seeing a saluki or greyhound: The dreamer is loyal and helpful to the sultan, who will give him a province and make him rich. The saluki is a man one can rely upon in winning a victory over his enemies, but he is mean and has no chivalry or gentlemanliness.
• Seeing a Chinese dog: Will mix with foreigners, non-Muslims.
• A hunting dog: Richness, high rank, and prestige.
• Hunting with dogs: Will achieve one’s objectives and satisfy inner passions.
• Seeing hunting dogs going out on a hunting trip: (1) Good dream for all people. (2) Movement and action.
• Seeing hunting dogs entering a city: Unemployment.
• Seeing hunting dogs returning from an expedition: (1) Unemployment. (2) The end of fear.
• A sheepdog: (1) The dreamer will obtain certain benefits from the king or chief. (2) A good neighbour who is keen on preserving your interests as much as he does his own.
• Dogs of the type that guard houses: Man’s wife and property are being safeguarded. If those dogs look weak, it means sickness and losses.
• The dogs appearing enraged and barking ferociously: Harm and deceit will befall the dreamer from evil people.
• Dogs that are adopted as pets for entertainment and physical pleasure (caresses, et cetera) symbolize prosperity and good living; anything bad that would happen to them in the dream could have an adverse effect on such a good living in reality, along with sorrow and the disappearance of pleasure.
• Water dogs (otters) refer to bad men or unfulfilled wishes and actions that do not culminate in success.
• Turning into a dog: God has given you a great knowledge and withdrawn it from you when you failed to appreciate it.
• A dog
barking to the dreamer: Will hear unpleasant words from an “ungentlemanly” person.
• Killing a dog: Will triumph over enemy.
• Eating dog
meat: Will triumph over enemy and take a bite at his money.
• Drinking dog
• Using a dog
as a pillow: The dog
is a friend who will prove useful and whom the dreamer will be proud of.
• Being accompanied by a dog: Disappearance, in view of the story of Ahlel Kahf (The Companions of the Cave), in the Holy Quran. (“Al-Kahf” [The Cave], chapter 18.)
• Seeing the dog
of Ahlel Kahf, whose name was believed to be Qitmir: Fear, prison, or evasion.
• Seeing the dog
of Ahlel Kahf in another country: The ruler or the regime will be changed.
A Dog Dream Explanation
— A dog
symbolises a perbond enemy whose enmity hasn't reached its peak and he will soon become his friend. He is also malicious and of mean character and conduct.
Police dog Dream Explanation
— (See Dog)
Dog star Dream Explanation
— (astr. See Dog)
Shepherd's dog Dream Explanation
— (See Dog)
Hunting dog Dream Explanation
— (Lust; Desire; Want. See Dog)
A Dog that Attacks Dream Explanation
— If a dog
is seen attacking and biting a person it means that the harm caused by his enemy ill not be confined to unpleasant words only but bodily harm as well.
A Barking Dog Dream Explanation
— It symblises a person of mean character who will utter unpleasant words.