Dates Dream Explanation — (Fruit; Palm tree) In a dream, dates mean money or a good message. Eating dates in a dream means earning lawful income. Dates are like money, they do not have a long shelve life. Unripened dates in a dream indicate the availability of water for those who need it. Red unripened dates in a dream may signify some type of blood disease, whereby the red cells grow to exceed in number the white cells. Dates in a dream also mean rain. Eating dates in a dream means reading the Holy Quran and reaping benefits from one's religion. Buried dates in a dream represent one's savings. If one sees himself burying dates in a dream, it also means stealing from the property and money of orphans.
Dates Dream Explanation — Dates symbolize the reading of the Holy Quran, good religious faith, rain, general and honest welfare, and savings.
• Eating high-quality dates: Will hear something good and useful.
• Buying dates: Will save money or receive money from some safe or treasury.
• Opening a date and removing its pit: Will have a child, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran: “Lo! Allah (it is) Who splitteth the grain of corn and the date-stone (for sprouting). He bringeth forth the living from the dead, and is The bringer-forth of the dead from the living. Such is Allah. How then are ye perverted?” (“Al-Anam” [Cattle], verse 95.)
• Eating dates with tar: Will divorce secretly.
Dates Dream Explanation — Dates placed to dry in the open represent money which does not last. To harvest dates in a dream in season means that one may get married to a noble and a wealthy woman. It also means acquiring knowledge. Harvesting dates out of season in a dream means that one will learn something good but fail to act upon it. If one see that he is fanning himself with a tender and a wet branch of a palm tree in a dream it means learning something beneficial from a hypocrite, or it may mean relief from distress. If a woman sees herself eating ripened dates that are dripping with juices in the dream, it means that she will receive an inheritance from her husband and that her name will be included in his will, even if she is divorced. If one sees himself taking a date, splitting it in half and extracting the date pit from it in a dream, it means that he will beget a son. Eating fresh dates in a dream means hearing good words beside other benefits. (Also see Bunch of dates; Date spread)
Dates Dream Explanation — • Picking nice dates from a dry palm tree: (1) Will learn something useful from an unholy man. (2) If in trouble, relief will come.
• Dates being picked for the dreamer: Money will come to the dreamer through dangerous people he will govern. A man said, “I dreamed that I found forty dates.” “You will receive forty lashes,” said the famous dream interpreter Ibn Siren. Sometime later, the same man came to Ibn Siren and told him he found forty dates at the gate of the sultan, to which Ibn Siren said that the man would receive one thousand dirham's. When asked about the contradiction, Ibn Siren said that the first dream was made when the season was over and trees were dry; as for the second, it took place when waters were irrigating the trees. And he was right, on both occasions.
Dates Dream Explanation — • Seeing a measure of dates: A booty.
• Seeing scattered dates: The dreamer is planning a trip.
• Picking a date from a palm tree during the right season: (1) Will marry a noble, rich, and blessed woman. (2) Will obtain money from generous and noble people without effort. (3) The dreamer’s farm will yield him good money. (4) Will acquire useful knowledge and benefit from it. If the date was picked in the wrong season, he would acquire such knowledge but not use it.
Fresh Dates Dream Explanation — Anas b. Malik reported Allah's Messenger (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) as saying: I saw during the night that which a person sees during the sleep as if we are in the house of 'Uqba b. Rafi' that there was brought to us the fresh dates of Ibn Tab. I interpreted it as the sublimity for us in the world and good ending in the Hereafter and that our religion is good. (Muslim)
Bunch of dates Dream Explanation — (Dates) Having a bunch of dates in a dream means savings, family reunion and each bunch of dates represents a member of a clan, or a head of a household.
Intoxicants Made from Dates or Grapes Dream Explanation — They signify apprehension and doubt about one's resources or about the lawfulness of one's earnings.
Blood disease Dream Explanation — If one is presented in his dream with red unripened dates, then they represent some type of blood disease where the red cells exceed the white cells in number. (Also see Dates)
Appetite Dream Explanation — (Sated; Saturation; To eat one's fill) In a dream, to eat one's fill means fidgety or restlessness. If one sees himself satiated with food and could not eat any more in a dream, it means changing of his condition, losing rank, losing business, or his death. This interpretation is applicable unless one finds in his dream extra space to fill with food, then the dream means that his lot in this world will equal the size of that remaining space.
Incident - The Moon merging in Alcyone Dream Explanation — Once Imam Ibn Sirin was sitting to eat his lunch when a woman came and said: "I saw a dream." Ibn Sirin replied: "Would you let me eat first, or would you like me to stop and listen to your dream?" The woman said: "Eat first," and she sat waiting for him. During the course of his meal, Ibn Sirin said to the woman: "Tell me your dream." The woman said: "I saw the moon merging in Alcyone." (The brightest star of the constellation Taurus, arb. Thurayya. See Alcyone.) The woman continued: "A voice then said to me: 'Go to Ibn Sirin, and tell him your dream.'"
Date spread Dream Explanation — (Jam; Paste; Spread) In a dream, date paste represents a lawful and pleasant wealth which is collected from different sources. Eating date paste in a dream means taking a cure for an illness. (Also see Dates)
Bunch Dream Explanation — (Bundle) In a dream, a bunch or a bundle represents atonement for one's sin, or something offered to compensate for failing to fulfill a vow, or it could mean a tainted business or money. (Also see Bunch of dates)
Sheep Dream Explanation — • Seeing a skinned ram or any of its limbs at one’s place: Someone will die there.
• Having sex with a ewe: Will obtain undue money and have a fertile but uneventful year.
• Slaughtering a ewe: Will have sex with or marry a woman.
• A ewe giving birth to a baby sheep: Fertility and prosperity.
• A ewe entering a house: A fertile year is ahead.
• Ewe fat: A woman’s wealth. Therefore, slaughtering a ewe to eat its meat means one will inherit from one’s wife and eat-up her wealth. A pregnant ewe: The dreamer is aspiring to something.
• A ewe assaulting the dreamer to rape him: The dreamer’s wife is cheating him.
Flesh Dream Explanation — Views on certain items of this chapter are widely divided and sometimes diametrically opposed. For instance, according to Al-Nabulsi:
• Eating somebody’s flesh: Will speak ill of such a person in his absence.
• Eating one’s own flesh: Will eat up gains. According to Ibn Siren, will eat away savings or whatever is hoarded. For Ibn Shaheen:
• Eating human flesh: Financial gains in any case. If the person whose flesh is being eaten is known to the dreamer, the latter will take a bite at the victim’s purse or property. In case the dreamer is eating such flesh voraciously and with great appetite while blood is spilling imminent, unquestionable, and huge financial gains will be achieved.
Knife Dream Explanation — • Stealing the knife of an educator: The dreamer has a burning passion for one of his sons.
• Swallowing a knife: The dreamer will eat up part of the money of his son.
• A man whose wife is pregnant dreaming of having a knife: She will safely deliver a child, whether male or female depending on other signs in the dream. And so is the case with a spear.
• Being given a knife as a sole weapon: Will have a male child or find a brother or will enjoy welfare.
• A person on trial dreaming of wielding a knife: Will triumph as his evidence will prevail.
• Slaughtering with a knife: Will eat a slaughtered bird or animal.
• Lacerating one’s hands with a knife: Will see something spectacular.
• Holding a knife: Will obtain two hundred monetary units. If poor, only twenty-five.
Fig Dream Explanation — Paradoxically, some interpreters hate dreams involving figs in view of other Quranic verses relating to the story of Adam and Eve wherein God says, “And We said: O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and eat ye freely [of the fruits] thereof where ye will; but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrongdoers” (“Al-Baqarah” [The Heifer], verse 35) and “And [unto man]: O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden and eat from whence ye will, but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrongdoers.” (“Al-Aaraf’ [The Heights], verse 19.) Green figs in winter symbolize rain, black figs cold.
• Eating figs: Will produce plenty of children.
• Eating a few figs: Benefits without fraud.
Human Flesh Dream Explanation — If cooked or roasted it symbolises wealth. If uncooked it means backbiting –if eaten. For Allah Taala says; Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, you will abhor it.
Barley Dream Explanation — • Owning or eating barley: (1) Health and wealth. Dreaming of barley is better than dreaming of wheat. (2) An allusion to a son whose life will be short, because, according to Ibn Siren, barley is what Jesus Christ used to eat.
Holy Book Dream Explanation — If one sees himself spreading the pages of the Holy Book on a flat surface in a dream, it means that he is seeking wisdom which he will get, or that he may receive an inheritance. If one sees himself putting the Holy Book over his shoulders in a dream, it means that he will receive an appointment, or be entrusted with a duty to guard, or that he will memorize the Holy Quran. If one finds himself trying to eat the pages of the Holy Book in a dream, it means that he is a regular reader of the Quran. If one sees himself trying to eat the pages of the holy Book but is unable to do so in a dream, it means that he tries to memorize the Holy Quran from time to time but keeps forgetting what he learns. (Also see Quran)