| |Banana Dream Explanation
— (Money) In a dream, a banana
means money, savings, a fetus, a man in his grave, a prisoner in his jail, a closed book, news from the past, or it could mean inner knowledge. In a dream, a banana
also signifies clothing, love, tenderness, a generous man, a monotheist, or it could represent a person of good conduct. If a banana
tree grows inside one's house in a dream, it means that he may beget a son. Eating a banana
in a dream means profits from a business partnership. For a business man, banana
in a dream represents profits and for a renunciate it means devotion and ascetic detachment. If a sick person eats a banana
in a dream, it means aggravation of his illness or his death.
Banana Dream Explanation
— The banana
tree symbolizes a rich, pious, and polite person. It is one of the noblest trees. Seeing bananas in a dream is a particularly good omen, because exception is made for that fruit by the ancient Arabs, regardless of its yellow color, which in other cases always symbolizes disease. It is a good dream even if the bananas are not ripe or taste sour.
• Eating bananas: (1) For a worldly person: Benefits and desires will be fulfilled. (2) For a religious individual: Stronger faith.
• A banana
tree growing in a house: A male child will be born in that house.
Appetite Dream Explanation
— (Sated; Saturation; To eat
one's fill) In a dream, to eat
one's fill means fidgety or restlessness. If one sees himself satiated with food and could not eat
any more in a dream, it means changing of his condition, losing rank, losing business, or his death. This interpretation is applicable unless one finds in his dream extra space to fill with food, then the dream means that his lot in this world will equal the size of that remaining space. Eating to one's fill in a dream also represents working for one's livelihood or recovering extra money. Some interpreters convey that hunger in a dream is better than satiation, while to drink extra water in a dream is better than thirst.
Incident Dream Explanation
— Once Imam Ibn Seerin was sitting to eat
his lunch when a woman came and said: "I saw a dream." Ibn Seerin replied: "Would you let me eat
first, or would you like me to stop and listen to your dream?" The woman said: "Eat first," and she sat waiting for him. During the course of his meal, Ibn Seerin said to the woman: "Tell me your dream." The woman said: "I saw the moon merging in Alcyone." (The brightest star of the constellation Taurus, arb. Thurayya. See Alcyone.) The woman continued: "A voice then said to me: 'Go to Ibn Seerin, and tell him your dream.'" Ibn Seerin suddenly shook, and said to the woman: "Tell me how did you see it?" The woman repeated her dream, and Ibn Seer'in's face became grim. His sister who was then sitting with him at the table said: "What disturbed you, Oh my brother?" He replied: "This woman is claiming that I will die in seven days." On the seventh day, Ibn Seerin was buried.
Money Dream Explanation
— (Bones; Banana; Brass; Bread; Coin; Dirt; Dough; Pennies; Pie; Poison) A plated coin in a dream means lies, falsehood, or triviality. To shower someone with money in a dream means listening to a filthy conversation, or impersonating someone. Money in a dream also means vain talk, or missing one's prayers. If one sees himself swallowing a coin of money in a dream, it means that he will betray his trust. Money in a dream is also interpreted as knowledge, faith, guidance, or becoming a government employee. Giving money away in a dream means dispelling agony, difficulties or burdens. If one receives money in his dream, it means that he is entrusted with something. Handling one to four coins in a dream is a lucky number. Money in a dream is also interpreted as women's talk. Having a lot of money in a dream means disputes. Receiving money from a known source in a dream means stress. If the source is unknown in the dream, it means a calamity. If one receives an engraved coin in a dream, it means that he may be hurt by his own family, or for the sake of a protege of his. If one sees a deceased person giving him a coin of money in a dream, it means that he will be spared from an unjust trial. If he refuses to take the money from the deceased person in the dream, it means that he should beware not to be unjust toward others or fall prey to their injustice. If one who has ten coins finds that he only has five coins in the dream, it means that he will lose accordingly. If he has five coins then sees them doubled in the dream, it means that he will double his money. (Also see Banana; Banknote; Bones; Counting money; Pastry; Voice)
Barley Dream Explanation
— • Owning or eating barley: (1) Health and wealth. Dreaming of barley is better than dreaming of wheat. (2) An allusion to a son whose life will be short, because, according to Ibn Siren, barley is what Jesus Christ used to eat
. (3) Reaping barley during the right season: Will obtain money and must spend part thereof in the way of Allah, in view of the Quranic verse: “… Eat
ye of the fruit thereof when it fruiteth, and pay the due thereof upon the harvest day, and be not prodigal. Lo! Allah loveth not the prodigals …” (“Al-Anam” [Cattle], verse 141.) (4) Planting barley: Will do something that will please God. (5) Seeing wet or mature barley: Fertility. (6) Buying barley: Great welfare.
• Walking in the middle of a barley field: Will die as a martyr.
Human Flesh Dream Explanation
— If cooked or roasted it symbolises wealth. If uncooked it means backbiting –if eaten. For Allah Taala says; Would any of you like to eat
the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, you will abhor it.
Acquiring But Not Eating the Fruits of Jannah Dream Explanation
— Acquiring the fruits of Jannah but not eating them or not having the ability to eat
them means he will acquire deen but he will not profit from it . Sometimes a dream of this nature could also mean that he will acquire the knowledge of Deen which not benefit him in any way.
Flesh Dream Explanation
— Views on certain items of this chapter are widely divided and sometimes diametrically opposed. For instance, according to Al-Nabulsi:
• Eating somebody’s flesh: Will speak ill of such a person in his absence.
• Eating one’s own flesh: Will eat
up gains. According to Ibn Siren, will eat
away savings or whatever is hoarded. For Ibn Shaheen:
• Eating human flesh: Financial gains in any case. If the person whose flesh is being eaten is known to the dreamer, the latter will take a bite at the victim’s purse or property. In case the dreamer is eating such flesh voraciously and with great appetite while blood is spilling imminent, unquestionable, and huge financial gains will be achieved.
• Eating one’s own flesh: Abundance and tremendous power are in store.
• Eating the flesh of a tortured person (crucified, hung, et cetera): Will obtain money from a wanted individual. It could also mean redemption and/or vengeance.
• Eating the flesh of one’s enemy: Will triumph over him.
• Eating the flesh of a dead person: Will speak ill of the dead, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that says: “O ye who believe! Shun much suspicion; for lo! some suspicion is a sin. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat
the flesh of his dead brother? …” (“Al-Hujurat” [The Private Apartments], verse 12.) According to Ibn Siren, it makes no difference whether the eaten person is a man or a woman, but the younger the subject, the more likely the dream will come true.
• Eating another person’s flesh raw: Will slander that person or backbite one of his relatives.
• Eating another person’s flesh cooked or grilled: Will swallow the other’s capital.
• Biting and snatching one’s own flesh and spitting it on the ground: The dreamer is an evil person and a slanderer.
• Eating one’s own tongue: (1) The dreamer is the silent, concealing, and self-restrained type. (2) The dreamer’s eloquence will help him. To come back to the general interpretation:
• A woman eating her own flesh: Will commit adultery.
• A lady eating another woman’s flesh: Will have a lesbian experience with her, or each of them will try to overpower the other physically or otherwise.
Fig Dream Explanation
— A fig means plenty of money or money from Iraq. A fig tree refers to a man full of money and a philanthropist but to whom the enemies of Islam turn, because such a tree usually shelters snakes. Most interpreters like those dreams involving figs, because Allah swore by it in the Holy Quran when He said, “By the fig and the olive, by Mount Sinai, and by this land made safe; surely We created man of the best stature” (“Al-Tin” [The Fig], verses 1–4.) Paradoxically, some interpreters hate dreams involving figs in view of other Quranic verses relating to the story of Adam and Eve wherein God says, “And We said: O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and eat
ye freely [of the fruits] thereof where ye will; but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrongdoers” (“Al-Baqarah” [The Heifer], verse 35) and “And [unto man]: O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden and eat
from whence ye will, but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrongdoers.” (“Al-Aaraf’ [The Heights], verse 19.) Green figs in winter symbolize rain, black figs cold.
• Eating figs: Will produce plenty of children.
• Eating a few figs: Benefits without fraud.
Knife Dream Explanation
— The knife refers to the dreamer’s servant or whoever looks after or fights for his interests, like his friend or bondsman. Its sharpness represents the implementation of the dreamer’s will. The slaughterer’s knife alludes to a butcher, the soldier’s knife to power and discipline, and the table knife to a polite boy, but one who cheats in his work. The knife could also symbolize evidence or a convincing argument or a writer, since writers use knives to open the pages of their books.
• A knife entering in its sheath: Will penetrate a woman.
• A bachelor obtaining a knife: Will get married.
• A woman dreaming of having a knife or giving one to another woman: She is in love with whomever that knife refers to, be he a butcher, a soldier, a writer, et cetera.
• Stealing the knife of an educator: The dreamer has a burning passion for one of his sons.
• Swallowing a knife: The dreamer will eat
up part of the money of his son.
• A man whose wife is pregnant dreaming of having a knife: She will safely deliver a child, whether male or female depending on other signs in the dream. And so is the case with a spear.
• Being given a knife as a sole weapon: Will have a male child or find a brother or will enjoy welfare.
• A person on trial dreaming of wielding a knife: Will triumph as his evidence will prevail.
• Slaughtering with a knife: Will eat
a slaughtered bird or animal.
• Lacerating one’s hands with a knife: Will see something spectacular.
• Holding a knife: Will obtain two hundred monetary units. If poor, only twenty-five.
Pebble Dream Explanation
— • Throwing pebbles (jamarat) as part of the pilgrimage rites in Mecca (Makkah) as if stoning the Devil: (1) Will settle a debt of seven or seven hundred currency units. (2) Will triumph over the enemy. (3) Will do good. (4) Will complete fasting and prayer.
• Eating one such pebble: Will eat
up the money of an orphan.
Coconut Dream Explanation
— The coconut (in Arabia, Indian walnut) symbolizes: (1) Money from a foreign source. (2) An astrologer.
• Eating coconuts: Will learn astrology or adopt the views of an astrologer and believe him.
• Dreaming of an astrologer or a diviner: Will eat
Incident Dream Explanation
— A woman said to Imam Ibn Seerin: "I saw myself in a dream sucking on a date and giving my neighbor the rest to eat
." Imam Ibn Seerin replied: 'You will help your neighbor by performing a little deed." On the following day, the woman washed her neighbour's garment.
Leech Dream Explanation
— (Bloodsucker; Sponger) In a dream, a leech represents the grave's worms that eat
one's flesh, or it could denote one's own children. If a leech falls from one's nose in a dream, it means that his wife will have a miscarriage. Leech in a dream also represent a base and a despicable enemy.
Leek Dream Explanation
— • Dreaming of leeks or wild leeks: (1) Money from a deaf person. (2) Benefits and welfare. (3) The poor will obtain their rights.
• Eating leeks: (1) Will eat
up too much money and commit a sin, which will bring about notoriety. (2) Will say something and be sorry for it.
• Eating cooked leeks: Will repent.
Lemon Dream Explanation
— Eating a lemon in a dream means blame or falling sick. However, if one sees a lemon and does not eat
it in the dream, then it means money. Giving someone a lemon in a dream means criticizing him, or it could mean a bust, total loss, or a bad deal. (Also see Lemon tree; Lemon; Tree)
Hospitality Dream Explanation
— (Dinner; Food) In a dream, hospitality means getting together for a charitable cause or to perform good deeds. If one invites people for a dinner and they eat
to full satisfaction in the dream, it means that he will preside over them. Preparing a guest room in one's house in a dream means the arrival of a long awaited traveller. (Also see Food; Guest; Invitation; Table)
Pelting stones Dream Explanation
— (Twenty one pebbles collected at Muzdalifa near the Plain of Arafa during the pilgrimage season and are used to stone the devil at a place called Jamarat.) In a dream, pelting stones represent fidelity, paying one's debts, victory over one's enemy, or doing good deeds. To eat
one of the stones which are intended for pelting in a dream means to devour or steal the property of a young orphan. Pelting stones in a dream also means fulfilling one's obligatory prayers and fasting, having earlier missed their performance for a legitimate reason. (Also see Pebbles; Pilgrimage; Jamarat)
Dove Dream Explanation
— The dove symbolizes the virtuous, loving, and beloved woman who sticks to her man. It also alludes to the messenger, the letter, and the unexpected or the urgent information. According to legend, it was blessed by Noah after he was disappointed by a crow. He had sent the latter to view the condition of the water, but the crow, having seen carrion floating on the surface, forgot all about its mission. By contrast, the dove brought Noah a green leaf. Likewise, the dove refers to a girl, in particular the white one, sight of whom means good religion. Black pigeons are the leading figures of both sexes in society. But the best dove to be dreamt of is that which is green, for it means piety. The piebald or spotted doves are people of mixed blood. The baby doves are children and servants (slaves in the ancient mentality). The dovecote represents the ladies quarter. Pigeons cooing is a love quarrel.
• A person facing hardships or missing someone dreaming of a dove flying to him or landing on him: Good augury.
• A sick person dreaming of a pigeon landing on his head: An allusion to the Angel of Death, especially if it is a turtledove and if it wails.
• Having pigeons: The dreamer has women and slaves or servants on whom he does not spend much.
• Owning innumerable pigeons: Welfare and benefits.
• Spreading pigeon fodder and calling the doves to eat
from it: The dreamer is a pimp (perhaps because, in Arabic, the word pigeon is a homonym of penis).
• Seeing somebody’s pigeon (penis): The dreamer is an adulterer.
• A pigeon evading the dreamer or flying away to no return: (a) Divorce. (2) Wife will die.
• Cutting a pigeon’s wing: (1) The dreamer will swear not to let his wife out. (2) Wife will deliver. (3) Wife will get pregnant.
• Slaughtering a pigeon: Will deflower a girl.
• Eating dove meat: Will eat
up a woman’s money. The ringdove is a wild, dominating woman, if not impossible at least difficult to tame. She is a liar and not quite religious. It could also refer to a lying boy. The turtledove is either a religious woman or a boy who makes an honest living.
| || |