| |Egg Dream Explanation
— For medical doctors, gifted persons, and poultry farmers, eggs mean welfare. For the rest, few eggs mean benefits; many eggs means deep worries. Big eggs refer to boys and small ones to girls. For bachelors, eggs often symbolize marriage. For married people, eggs are the forerunners of childbirth. Eggs also represent hidden things.
• Eggs in a container: Slave or maiden girls, in view of the Quranic expression “[Pure] as they were hidden eggs [of the ostrich].” (“Al-Saffat” [Those Who Set the Ranks], verse 49.)
• The dreamer’s hen having laid an egg: Will be blessed with a male child.
• Cooked eggs without shells: Blessed gifts and benefits.
• Eating raw eggs: (1) Will accept dirty money. (2) Will be plagued by many worries. (3) Will commit a sin.
• Eating eggshells: The dreamer is a graverobber.
• Dreaming that wife has laid an egg: She will give birth to an atheist, in view of Quranic verses addressed to atheists and comprising examples of God’s might and miracles, such as: “… he bringeth forth the dead from the living” (“Al-Rum” [The Romans], verse 19.)
• Putting an egg
under a hen that cracks to give way to chicks: A dead matter will be revived, and a pious son will be born to the dreamer or as many sons as there were chicks, in view of the Quranic expression in the same verse: “He bringeth forth the living from the dead….”
• Placing eggs under a cock, which is hatched to give chicks: A tutor will arrive for the young boys.
• Breaking an egg: Will deflower a virgin. If the dreamer fails to break it, he won’t be able to pierce the hymen.
• A man whose wife is pregnant hitting an egg
once: He is ordering his wife to abort.
• Seeing someone else breaking an egg
and throwing it back to the dreamer: That man will deflower the dreamer’s daughter.
• Digging an egg
out of one’s sleeve: The dreamer will penetrate his nanny or slave and have a girl from her.
• Having plenty of raw eggs: The dreamer’s great wealth is in jeopardy.
• Seeing boiled eggs: The revival of a stalled or dead matter, which will yield quite a lot of money.
• Groping for eggs: Will squander or eat up the money of a woman.
• Eating eggs: Will marry a rich woman.
• A crane egg: A poor boy.
• A parrot egg: A pious maid or a maiden.
• Being given an egg: Will be blessed with an honest son. If the egg
was broken, the son would die.
• Shelling cooked eggs: Will obtain money from rulers.
• A bondsman or servant dreaming of receiving a boiled egg
from his mistress, shelling it, and eating it: He will bring up her child according to the instructions of her husband, which will provide a source of living for the dreamer.
Eating the Shell or White of the Egg Dream Explanation
— Eating the shell or white of the eggs but not the yolk means he will usurp wealth belonging to the deceased or a slain person. It could also mean that he will dig up graves for the purpose of stealing the shroud (kafn) of the dead people.
Dove Dream Explanation
— The dove
symbolizes the virtuous, loving, and beloved woman who sticks to her man. It also alludes to the messenger, the letter, and the unexpected or the urgent information. According to legend, it was blessed by Noah after he was disappointed by a crow. He had sent the latter to view the condition of the water, but the crow, having seen carrion floating on the surface, forgot all about its mission. By contrast, the dove
brought Noah a green leaf. Likewise, the dove
refers to a girl, in particular the white one, sight of whom means good religion. Black pigeons are the leading figures of both sexes in society. But the best dove
to be dreamt of is that which is green, for it means piety. The piebald or spotted doves are people of mixed blood. The baby doves are children and servants (slaves in the ancient mentality). The dovecote represents the ladies quarter. Pigeons cooing is a love quarrel.
• A person facing hardships or missing someone dreaming of a dove
flying to him or landing on him: Good augury.
• A sick person dreaming of a pigeon landing on his head: An allusion to the Angel of Death, especially if it is a turtledove and if it wails.
• Having pigeons: The dreamer has women and slaves or servants on whom he does not spend much.
• Owning innumerable pigeons: Welfare and benefits.
• Spreading pigeon fodder and calling the doves to eat from it: The dreamer is a pimp (perhaps because, in Arabic, the word pigeon is a homonym of penis).
• Seeing somebody’s pigeon (penis): The dreamer is an adulterer.
• A pigeon evading the dreamer or flying away to no return: (a) Divorce. (2) Wife will die.
• Cutting a pigeon’s wing: (1) The dreamer will swear not to let his wife out. (2) Wife will deliver. (3) Wife will get pregnant.
• Slaughtering a pigeon: Will deflower a girl.
• Eating dove
meat: Will eat up a woman’s money. The ringdove is a wild, dominating woman, if not impossible at least difficult to tame. She is a liar and not quite religious. It could also refer to a lying boy. The turtledove is either a religious woman or a boy who makes an honest living.
Dove Dream Explanation
— (See Pigeon; Ringdove; Turtledove)
A Ring-dove Dream Explanation
— A ringed turtle dove
symbolises an immodest, shameless woman who has no inclination towards Deen.
A Turtle Dove Dream Explanation
— A charming lady who loves pleasure and who has a passion for fun and merry-making.
Hunting a Ring-dove Dream Explanation
— Hunting it by any means such as a spear or stone means he will make false accusation against a woman.
Eating or Owning a Ring-dove Dream Explanation
— If a person eats such a dove
or owns it, it means he will have some business to do with a woman.
Acquiring the Feathers or Eggs of a Ring-dove Dream Explanation
— If he acquires its feathers or eggs by trapping it, it means he will coin some deceptive methods of trapping a woman.
Eggs Dream Explanation
— (Eggs in a basket or a place.) Eggs represent the element of prosperity, or the fear of depleting one's riches. Eggs in a dream also represent marriage for an unmarried person and children for a married one. If one's chicken lay eggs for him in a dream, it means a new born in his family. Eating a boiled egg
in a dream means comfort and income while eating a raw egg
means unlawful earnings, adultery or distress. If one sees his wife laying an egg
in a dream, it means that she will bear a child who will lack faith in Allah. If the egg
breaks in the dream, it means that his newborn will die shortly after birth. If one sees himself raising chicken for eggs, then if the eggs hatch in his dream, it means that some of his affairs that where unsolvable will rejuvenate with success, and it could mean that he will beget a child who will grow to have true faith in Allah Almighty. He also may beget a child for each egg
that hatches in his dream. Eggs in a basket in a dream also represent a family reunion. (Also see Boiled eggs; Omelet)
Pigeon Dream Explanation
— See Dove
Incident Dream Explanation
— A man said to Imam Ibn Seerin: "A man saw himself in a dream piercing eggs from the top, extracting the egg
white, and leaving the egg
yoke." Imam Ibn Seerin replied: "Let him come here and tell me his dream in person." At three different occasions, the man kept on asking about the meaning of that dream, and Imam Ibn Seerin insisted on the same reply. Finally, after taking a promise from Ibn Seerin, the man confessed that he is the person who saw that dream. Imam Ibn Seerin asked someone to call the chief of police and to tell him that this man is a body snatcher who digs the graves and steals their contents. The man immediately asked for forgiveness, repented from his doing, and promised never to do it again.
Nit Dream Explanation
— (Egg; Louse; Vermin) In a dream, lice eggs represent contemptible people. If one sees them and could not remove them in the dream, it means that contemptible people will pursue his wife, and he will fail to persecute them or even avoid them. (Also see Lice)
Sneeze Dream Explanation
— A sneeze symbolizes certainty after doubt. Sneezing out an animal means someone will have a child who will bear the dreamer’s name. If that animal is a cat, the child in question will become a thief. Conversely, a dove
means a beloved daughter.
Ringdove Dream Explanation
— (Dove; Pigeon; Turtledove) A ringdove in a dream represents a rebellious son, or a son who lies excessively, or a wife who lacks devotion and tenderness, who is void of piety, who lies constantly, who possesses a difficult character, or who consents only to her own opinion and interpretations of things. A ringdove in a dream also represents a beautiful and an energetic woman who likes to show off. (Also see Pigeon; Turtledove)
Baby crow Dream Explanation
— (Fledgling; Nestling) A fledgling crow in a dream represents poverty, need, separation from one's parents and segregation from one's relatives or clan. If one is experiencing such adverse conditions in wakefulness, then seeing a fledgling crow in a dream means satisfaction of one's needs and reunion with his family. When the egg
hatches and the baby crow comes out of it, the parents shy away from their fledgling and remain distant from the nest. Then Allah Almighty will provide the nestling crow with various types of flies to eat from. Once the baby crow's feathers grow, the parents will return to their nest and care for their baby until it commences to fly.
Turtledove Dream Explanation
— (Dove; Pigeon; Ringdove) A turtledove in a dream represents a poet or a singer. Seeing a turtledove in a dream during the springtime means benefits and goodness, or it could mean the return of a long awaited traveller, satisfaction of one's need, fulfillment of one's intent, or overcoming distress. Seeing a turtledove during other seasons in a dream means delays. As for a pregnant woman, seeing a turtledove in a dream means that she will beget a son. A turtledove in a dream also represents a pious woman or a blessed son. (Also see Pigeon; Ringdove)
Incident Dream Explanation
— A person asked Ibn Sirin (RA): “What is your opinion regarding a person who had dreamed that he borke an egg
and ate its white only and not its yolk?” The Imaam said: “Bring me the man who had seen the dream so that he personally relates to me his dream. I will answer him.” The man said. “No, do answer me: I will convey your interpretation to him”. The Imaam refused. He insisted several times and the Imaam refused the same number of times, finally he said under Oath: “My Lord, By Allah, it is I who had seen the dream”. The Imaam said to the people around him: “Catch him and hand him over to the authorities for he digs up graves and steals the kafn from the dead!” he pleaded: “My Lord, I sincerely repent to Allah before you!” He pleaded: “My Lord, I sincerely repent to Allah before you! I promise never to commit this since again all my life!” Thus he was not handed over to the authorities, but was released.
Ostrich Dream Explanation
— (Mail; Male ostrich) In a dream, a male ostrich represents a servant, a Gypsy, a deaf person, a castrate, an eunuch, or announcing someone's death. An ostrich in a dream also represents wealth and blessings. If one sees himself slaughtering a male ostrich in a dream, it means homosexuality. Receiving a male ostrich in a dream means that one will become a man of knowledge, a judge, or preside over a high ranking post in conjunction with one's qualifications. Riding an ostrich in a dream also means carrying a postal pouch, or becoming a courier. Riding an ostrich in a dream also means living on unlawful money. Seeing an ostrich living in one's house in a dream means longevity. Carrying an ostrich in a dream means carrying one's sins. Finding an ostrich egg
in a dream means pursuing a woman to satisfy an erotic intention.
Bird Dream Explanation
— The unknown bird symbolizes the Archangel of Death; a traveller; labour; or a man’s actions or deeds. Big and ferocious or rapacious birds are the kings, chiefs, prominent people, scholars, and rich people or those who make a good living. Waterbirds represent the nobles who hold two posts at a time, since these birds do as they like in the water and in the air. They could also symbolize people who travel by land and by sea. Dreaming of them is better than dreaming of any other species, because they have an easier livelihood and are less rapacious. Singing birds or those that wail simply refer to singers. Small birds are the young boys.
• An unknown bird picking up a gravel, a leaf, or some worm and taking off to the sky from a house in which someone is ill: The patient will die.
• An unknown bird standing on one’s head, shoulder, or neck or knees: A reference to the action or deeds of the dreamer. If the bird was white, such action is candid. The reverse is also true.
• An unknown bird standing on a pregnant woman’s head, shoulders, or knees: She will give birth to a child of the same gender as the bird. If the latter had stayed, the child would live and remain close to her. If it had flown away, it would mean the contrary.
• Owning or catching a flock of birds: Money and power, especially if the dreamer was looking after them, feeding them, and talking to them.
• Birds hovering over the dreamer’s head: Will become a leader.
• Birds flying in one’s house: Angels will visit the house. (Also see Bat, Bustard, Carrion, Cock, Crow, Dove
, Duck, Eagle, Falcon, Francolin, Goose, Griffin, Hawk, Hen, Kite, Ostrich, Owl, Parrot, Partridge, Pigeon, Quail, Raven, Roller, Sand Grouse, Sandpiper, Sparrow, Starling, Stork, Swallow, Vulture, and Warbler.)
| || |