| |Dove Dream Explanation
— The dove
symbolizes the virtuous, loving, and beloved woman who sticks to her man. It also alludes to the messenger, the letter, and the unexpected or the urgent information. According to legend, it was blessed by Noah after he was disappointed by a crow. He had sent the latter to view the condition of the water, but the crow, having seen carrion floating on the surface, forgot all about its mission. By contrast, the dove
brought Noah a green leaf. Likewise, the dove
refers to a girl, in particular the white one, sight of whom means good religion. Black pigeons are the leading figures of both sexes in society. But the best dove
to be dreamt of is that which is green, for it means piety. The piebald or spotted doves are people of mixed blood. The baby doves are children and servants (slaves in the ancient mentality). The dovecote represents the ladies quarter. Pigeons cooing is a love quarrel.
• A person facing hardships or missing someone dreaming of a dove
flying to him or landing on him: Good augury.
• A sick person dreaming of a pigeon landing on his head: An allusion to the Angel of Death, especially if it is a turtledove and if it wails.
• Having pigeons: The dreamer has women and slaves or servants on whom he does not spend much.
• Owning innumerable pigeons: Welfare and benefits.
• Spreading pigeon fodder and calling the doves to eat from it: The dreamer is a pimp (perhaps because, in Arabic, the word pigeon is a homonym of penis).
• Seeing somebody’s pigeon (penis): The dreamer is an adulterer.
• A pigeon evading the dreamer or flying away to no return: (a) Divorce. (2) Wife will die.
• Cutting a pigeon’s wing: (1) The dreamer will swear not to let his wife out. (2) Wife will deliver. (3) Wife will get pregnant.
• Slaughtering a pigeon: Will deflower a girl.
• Eating dove
meat: Will eat up a woman’s money. The ringdove is a wild, dominating woman, if not impossible at least difficult to tame. She is a liar and not quite religious. It could also refer to a lying boy. The turtledove is either a religious woman or a boy who makes an honest living.
Dove Dream Explanation
— (See Pigeon; Ringdove; Turtledove)
A Ring-dove Dream Explanation
— A ringed turtle dove
symbolises an immodest, shameless woman who has no inclination towards Deen.
A Turtle Dove Dream Explanation
— A charming lady who loves pleasure and who has a passion for fun and merry-making.
Hunting a Ring-dove Dream Explanation
— Hunting it by any means such as a spear or stone means he will make false accusation against a woman.
Eating or Owning a Ring-dove Dream Explanation
— If a person eats such a dove
or owns it, it means he will have some business to do with a woman.
Acquiring the Feathers or Eggs of a Ring-dove Dream Explanation
— If he acquires its feathers or eggs by trapping it, it means he will coin some deceptive methods of trapping a woman.
Pigeon Dream Explanation
— See Dove
Sneeze Dream Explanation
— A sneeze symbolizes certainty after doubt. Sneezing out an animal means someone will have a child who will bear the dreamer’s name. If that animal is a cat, the child in question will become a thief. Conversely, a dove
means a beloved daughter.
Ringdove Dream Explanation
— (Dove; Pigeon; Turtledove) A ringdove in a dream represents a rebellious son, or a son who lies excessively, or a wife who lacks devotion and tenderness, who is void of piety, who lies constantly, who possesses a difficult character, or who consents only to her own opinion and interpretations of things. A ringdove in a dream also represents a beautiful and an energetic woman who likes to show off. (Also see Pigeon; Turtledove)
Turtledove Dream Explanation
— (Dove; Pigeon; Ringdove) A turtledove in a dream represents a poet or a singer. Seeing a turtledove in a dream during the springtime means benefits and goodness, or it could mean the return of a long awaited traveller, satisfaction of one's need, fulfillment of one's intent, or overcoming distress. Seeing a turtledove during other seasons in a dream means delays. As for a pregnant woman, seeing a turtledove in a dream means that she will beget a son. A turtledove in a dream also represents a pious woman or a blessed son. (Also see Pigeon; Ringdove)
Bird Dream Explanation
— The unknown bird symbolizes the Archangel of Death; a traveller; labour; or a man’s actions or deeds. Big and ferocious or rapacious birds are the kings, chiefs, prominent people, scholars, and rich people or those who make a good living. Waterbirds represent the nobles who hold two posts at a time, since these birds do as they like in the water and in the air. They could also symbolize people who travel by land and by sea. Dreaming of them is better than dreaming of any other species, because they have an easier livelihood and are less rapacious. Singing birds or those that wail simply refer to singers. Small birds are the young boys.
• An unknown bird picking up a gravel, a leaf, or some worm and taking off to the sky from a house in which someone is ill: The patient will die.
• An unknown bird standing on one’s head, shoulder, or neck or knees: A reference to the action or deeds of the dreamer. If the bird was white, such action is candid. The reverse is also true.
• An unknown bird standing on a pregnant woman’s head, shoulders, or knees: She will give birth to a child of the same gender as the bird. If the latter had stayed, the child would live and remain close to her. If it had flown away, it would mean the contrary.
• Owning or catching a flock of birds: Money and power, especially if the dreamer was looking after them, feeding them, and talking to them.
• Birds hovering over the dreamer’s head: Will become a leader.
• Birds flying in one’s house: Angels will visit the house. (Also see Bat, Bustard, Carrion, Cock, Crow, Dove
, Duck, Eagle, Falcon, Francolin, Goose, Griffin, Hawk, Hen, Kite, Ostrich, Owl, Parrot, Partridge, Pigeon, Quail, Raven, Roller, Sand Grouse, Sandpiper, Sparrow, Starling, Stork, Swallow, Vulture, and Warbler.)
Pigeon Dream Explanation
— (Dove; Ringdove; Turtledove) Seeing a pigeon in a dream means glad tidings. It is also said that Allah Almighty will accept the prayers of one who sees pigeons in his dream. In a dream, a pigeon also represents a trustworthy messenger, a truthful friend, a comforting beloved, a chaste wife, striving to sustain one's family, or a fertile woman with a large family. The cooing of pigeons in a dream means lamentation. Pigeons eggs in a dream represent one's daughters or female neighbors. A domesticated pigeon in a dream represents a beautiful woman from Arabia. Pigeon's nest in a dream represents women's parties. Pigeon chicks in a dream represent the boys in a family. Pigeon's rumbling or roar in a dream means reproof or censure for a fault. A white pigeon in a dream means spirituality, a green pigeon represents piety, while a black pigeon denotes a mastery. A frightened pigeon in a dream means divorce or death. A landing pigeon in a dream represents the long awaited arrival of a beloved. Eating pigeon's meat in a dream means to steal money from one's own workers, to defraud them, or to cheat one's servants. Hunting pigeons in a dream means earning good money from wealthy people. As for an unwed person, seeing a pigeon inside his house in a dream means marriage. If a pigeon attacks someone then flies away with him in a dream, it means that happiness and joy will enter his life. However, doves in a dream may represent death. If one sees himself throwing something at a pigeon in a dream, it means that he slanders a woman, or writes secret correspondence with her. Reaching at a pigeon's nest to take its eggs in a dream means taking advantage of a woman, or swindling her money. Hunting pigeons in a dream means adultery. Seeing a pigeon standing over one's head, or tied to his neck or shoulders in a dream connotes one's relationship with his Lord. If in that sense the pigeon is an ugly one, it means that one's actions are of the same nature. Otherwise, it means the opposite. Plucking some feathers from a pigeon in a dream means money. Slaughtering a pigeon in a dream means marriage. (Also see Ringdove; Turtledove)
| || |