| |An Amputated Hand Dream Explanation
— If a person sees his hand being amputated
, it suggest that either his brother or his friend will die; or his partner will dissolve his partnership with the observer. The above will only be true if the observer did not pick up the amputated
limb. But if he did, it suggest that a brother or child will be born or he will befriend someone.
The Hand Amputated by the King Dream Explanation
— If a person sees his hand being amputated
by a king, it suggest that he will swear a false oath.
Foot Dream Explanation
— In a dream, feet represent man's uprightness, for with them one stands erect. If anything happens to one's feet in a dream, it will reflect on his financial standing, work, toiling, his boss or his delegations. If one sees his feet pointing toward the heavens in a dream, it could denote the death of his child. If one's feet turn green, it means that he will suffer business losses. If one sees himself committing loathsome sexual acts with his feet in a dream, it means that he will pursue an unlawful sexual intercourse. Walking bear footed in a dream means toiling in life, difficulties and fatigue. If one sees himself eating the foot
of another human being in a dream, it means that he will become a close friend with him, acquire his intercession, reap success from his connection, fulfill his needs, receive benefits in his travels, or if he qualifies, he may preside over a group of poor people or guide seamen to their catch. If he is a poor person, it means that his benefits to others are greater than if he were a rich person. If a rich man sees himself eating the foot
of another person in a dream, it means illness, weakness or blindness. As for evildoers, eating someone's foot
in a dream means imprisonment, sorrow and blame. If one sees one of his feet turning into a stone, it means that he will be deprived of its use. If one steps over a king or a ruler in a dream, it means that he will step over a coin of money that carries the figure of such a ruler. If one's foot
in a dream, it means that he will loose half of his wealth. If both his feet are amputated
in the dream, it means that he will lose all of his wealth, or that he may die shortly. One's feet in a dream also represent his parents or the leaders of the land. If one's foot
is fractured in a dream, it means that he should not near the people of authorities for some days or he better leave town for sometime and pray for his safety. If a sick person sees his foot
broken in a dream, it may mean his death. If one sees one of his feet longer than the other in a dream, it means that he will travel and profit from his journey, or receive the needed help during his journey. If he is rich, it means that he will become sick . If a poor person sees himself having four legs in a dream, it means that he will travel and receive help to accomplish his goals. A rich person in that case may get sick, or it could mean longevity. Walking on three feet in a dream means either that one will grow to be old, or that through an ailment, he will not die until he uses a cane to help him walk. If a ruler or a judge sees himself having many legs in a dream, it means that he has many helpers. If one's feet turn into iron in a dream, it means longevity and prosperity. If they turn into glass in a dream, it means that he will live a short life and suffer a debilitating illness. If they turn gold in the dream, it means that he will use them to seek a lost property or a desired wealth. If they turn silver in the dream, it means that he is a philanderer and he will live in poverty, for lust for women and wealth cannot exist together. If one's feet turn into led in the dream, it means that he may suffer from paralysis, unless if the dream contains other elements that denote actions which are pleasing to Allah Almighty. If one sees his foot
without a covering skin in the dream, it means longevity. In a dream, one's toes represent good deeds. Experiencing foot
pain in a dream means sins and punishment or repentance and endurance. (Also see Measure; Body; Leg; Thigh; Travels)
Foot Dream Explanation
— The foot
symbolizes a man’s style and wealth. The toes are his male children, his boys, his servants, and his maids or slaves.
• One’s feet stretching upward or toward the sky till they are detached from the body: Two male children will die.
• Seeing one or many toes taking off to the sky: Some of the dreamer’s boys, maidens, or slave girls will die.
• Having hair on the toes: An overwhelming debt. Excessive hair means that the hero of such a dream will die in prison.
• Committing adultery with one’s foot: The dreamer is in pursuit of illegitimate, unconventional, or perverse sexual practices.
• Having many feet: (1) For a rich person, disease. (2) Will go blind. (3) Will go behind bars where the dreamer cannot walk freely or unaccompanied by a guard.
• A foot
turning into stone: The dreamer will lose such a foot
• Kicking the king or ruler: The dreamer will find in the street a coin with that person’s image on it.
• Stepping on embers or live coal to extinguish it, then withdrawing one’s foot
, then stepping again, and so on and so forth: The dreamer is a whimsical person and a fatalist or likes to talk about destiny.
• The big toe having been cut off: (1) The dreamer will resume relations with someone or some folk. (2) The dreamer will lose a source of living.
• The sole of the foot
or the foot
itself having been severed: Will be maimed.
Cloven foot Dream Explanation
— (See Cloven hoof)
Foot pain Dream Explanation
— (See Body; Pain)
Hunt Dream Explanation
— (Food) In a dream, a hunt represents a booty or profits. If one hunts a deer or a rabbit in his dream, it means money and profits. If one hunts for sport in the dream, it means backbiting or slandering a woman. If one sees himself hunting with hunting dogs
in a dream, it means that he will fulfill a long desired wish. If one sees dogs
going to hunt in a dream, it means good news for everyone, or it could mean engaging in an act, or establishing a business. If he sees the dogs
returning from the hunt in a dream, it means dispelling fears, or shortage of work. If one sees himself fishing with a fishing instrument in a dream, it means making an honest living, or seeking lawful earnings. Hunting in a dream represents one's diligence and determination to succeed in his life, and to earn his livelihood with his own sweat. If one happens to be unmarried, then hunting in a dream means that he will get married. If one is married, it means that he will beget a son. If a woman sees herself hunting in a dream, it means that she has control over her husband's money, her father's assets, or it could mean that she will receive an inheritance or control vast interests in a business. Hunting small preys in a dream represents knowledge, a trade, or an inheritance. (Also see Dog; Hunter)
The Thighs Dream Explanation
— To see one's thigh amputated
or detached from the body means that one will separate from his family members.
Leg Dream Explanation
— (Thigh; Limb) In a dream, one's legs represent longevity, old age, or his source of income. If one sees his legs turned into iron in a dream, it means that he will live a long life. If they turn into glass in the dream, it means that he will die shortly. If he sees his legs crossed in a dream, it means that he has neared the term of his live, or that he is going to face a major challenge in his life, or that he is a liar. If one sees the thighs of a woman he recognizes in the dream, it means that he will marry that woman or a friend of hers. Hairy legs in a dream mean debts, or that one may die in a prison. If one sees his leg twisted in a dream, it means that he will commit adultery. Legs in a dream also represent man's wealth or his livelihood. In that sense, if one's legs turn into iron in a dream, it represents a lasting prosperity. If his legs turn into wood in a dream, it means that he will grow weaker and unable to earn for himself. If one's legs become glass or pottery in a dream, it means that he may die shortly, and that his property and wealth will be distributed to his heirs. If one finds his leg shorter than usual in a dream, it means that he will lose some of his money. If one walks on one foot
in a dream, it means that he will lose half of his wealth. If both legs are amputated
in a dream, it means that he will lose everything he has. If one's leg seems fat in the dream, it denotes a good financial standing, or it could mean buying a good car, or receiving a pleasing gift. If a woman sees herself having hairy legs in a dream, it means humiliation or a trick that she will play before her husband, or that her private life will become public knowledge, or that she will receive spiritual guidance after that she lived in heedlessness. A leg in a dream also denotes hardships. If one sees his legs banded or tide together in a dream, it means fear, poverty and adversities. Exposing one's legs in a dream means abandoning prayers, and it could mean humiliation. Legs in a dream also signify writing, admonition, advice, reading a book, wisdom, one's rank, pleasure, pitfalls, fault in advising, or wrong interpretation of religious matters. (Also see Foot; Thigh)
Feet Dream Explanation
— (See Foot)
Toe Dream Explanation
— See Foot
Toes Dream Explanation
— Toes in a dream represent good deeds. (Also see Body; Foot)
Wound Dream Explanation
— • Being wounded in the bottom of the foot: Worries leading to a catastrophe.
• Being injured by someone: Will have a disaster because of that person and hatred will never go.
Dog Dream Explanation
— According to Ibn Siren, dream interpreters disagree on what a dog represents in dreams. Some of them regard it as a slave or a servant, others as a despot, a terrible person, and a slanderer, if it barks. The black dog is an Arab. On the other hand, a dog could also mean a weak enemy with little chivalry, if any. The she-dog is a mean woman. If she bites, such a woman would harm the dreamer. If a dog tears the dreamer’s clothes, it would mean that a low man would backbite him. For Al-Nabulsi, the dog symbolizes a policeman of low rank, a gate-man, or a guardian, a niggardly person, a weak enemy, and a stupid, profligate, and aggressive man who never hesitates to commit foolish or criminal acts, especially if it barks; it would mean that he has an awful temper, that he is terrible. The dog is also a harbinger of fever, in view of the terrible disease Al-Shiira Al-Yamaneyyah (literally translated, it means the Yemeni hair; probably hirsutism or hypertrichosis, more popularly known as the werewolf phenomenon, which had a correlation not with the full moon, but with Al-Shiira Al-Yamaneyyah, which was also the name of Sirius, a star of the constellation called the Greater Dog, or Canis Major, which is the brightest star in the heavens). It could also be a sign of apostasy, atheism, or despair in God’s mercy and scepticism about His messages. All dogs
, in general, symbolize the worldly persons (perhaps because, in Arabic, whereas the word kalb means “dog,” takalub means “to rush madly upon; to contend for”), as well as the humble, submissive people, the beggars, or the lads who go from door to door. In abstract terms, dogs
are the incarnation of meanness, lowliness, villainy, and humiliation or humility with everlasting affection for the master and care for the latter’s money and children or in-laws. All kinds of dogs
refer to wicked persons.
• Taking a dog: Will befriend a servant and love him very much.
• Taking or befriending a dog: Deviation, work stoppage, and the squandering of money.
• Being bitten or scratched by one’s dog: (1) Will encounter disaster sustain harm, and face hardships caused by a friend or a servant. (2) Will be harmed by one’s enemy as much as there was pain. (3) The dreamer might fall ill.
• A dog tearing one’s clothes: A silly individual is backbiting you. If no barking was heard, it means that an enemy has silently laid a trap.
• A female dog (or bitch): (1) A proliferative woman keen on preserving her husband; (2) A mean woman of low origin whose folks are troublemakers.
• A puppy is a beloved son. If he is white, it means the boy is a genuine worshiper. If black, he will prevail over his folk. In other interpretations: A puppy is the waif of a profligate or the product of adultery that the dreamer will find and raise.
• A domestic dog: An unjust and dangerous enemy.
• Seeing a saluki or greyhound: The dreamer is loyal and helpful to the sultan, who will give him a province and make him rich. The saluki is a man one can rely upon in winning a victory over his enemies, but he is mean and has no chivalry or gentlemanliness.
• Seeing a Chinese dog: Will mix with foreigners, non-Muslims.
• A hunting dog: Richness, high rank, and prestige.
• Hunting with dogs: Will achieve one’s objectives and satisfy inner passions.
• Seeing hunting dogs
going out on a hunting trip: (1) Good dream for all people. (2) Movement and action.
• Seeing hunting dogs
entering a city: Unemployment.
• Seeing hunting dogs
returning from an expedition: (1) Unemployment. (2) The end of fear.
• A sheepdog: (1) The dreamer will obtain certain benefits from the king or chief. (2) A good neighbour who is keen on preserving your interests as much as he does his own.
of the type that guard houses: Man’s wife and property are being safeguarded. If those dogs
look weak, it means sickness and losses.
• The dogs
appearing enraged and barking ferociously: Harm and deceit will befall the dreamer from evil people.
that are adopted as pets for entertainment and physical pleasure (caresses, et cetera) symbolize prosperity and good living; anything bad that would happen to them in the dream could have an adverse effect on such a good living in reality, along with sorrow and the disappearance of pleasure.
• Water dogs (otters) refer to bad men or unfulfilled wishes and actions that do not culminate in success.
• Turning into a dog: God has given you a great knowledge and withdrawn it from you when you failed to appreciate it.
• A dog barking to the dreamer: Will hear unpleasant words from an “ungentlemanly” person.
• Killing a dog: Will triumph over enemy.
• Eating dog meat: Will triumph over enemy and take a bite at his money.
• Drinking dog milk: Fear.
• Using a dog as a pillow: The dog is a friend who will prove useful and whom the dreamer will be proud of.
• Being accompanied by a dog: Disappearance, in view of the story of Ahlel Kahf (The Companions of the Cave), in the Holy Quran. (“Al-Kahf” [The Cave], chapter 18.)
• Seeing the dog of Ahlel Kahf, whose name was believed to be Qitmir: Fear, prison, or evasion.
• Seeing the dog of Ahlel Kahf in another country: The ruler or the regime will be changed.
Leg Dream Explanation
— The legs symbolize a man’s stature, wealth, and means of living on which he relies. They also refer to his life and to his parents.
• Having iron legs: Will live long.
• One’s legs made of glass or looking like bottles: Will go bankrupt, lose one’s folk, and die, because glass is easily breakable and bottles do not last long.
• Having an ailment in the right leg or the latter being broken or snatched out and seeing a wound on it: Son will be ill. The same dream applied to the left leg means that daughter will become engaged or the dreamer’s wife will give birth to a girl.
• Dreaming that one’s leg has been removed: Wife will be ill.
• One’s leg having been amputated: The dreamer will lose one-half of his fortune or become crippled.
• Both legs being amputated: The dreamer will lose all his money and strength.
• Having many legs: (1) If planning a trip, will have a comfortable and fruitful one. (2) If poor, will strike it rich. (3) If rich, will be ill.
• A man dreaming that his two legs are dyed and tattooed: His parents will die.
• A woman seeing her legs dyed and tattooed: Her husband will die.
• One leg coiling round the other like a serpent: (1) The dreamer is a liar. (2) Hurdles are coming. (3) Death is near.
• A man seeing a woman’s leg (s): Marriage.
• A woman uncovering her legs: She is religious and virtuous, and something good will happen to her.
• Having pain in the legs: The dreamer is loaded with money.
• Walking with one leg and lifting the other: The dreamer is hiding half his capital and working with the other half.
• One leg longer than the other: Chances that demands will be met are slim. Will be disappointed by relatives.
Cloven hoof Dream Explanation
— (Cloven foot) In a dream, a cloven hoof means toiling, hardships, evil, or sexual intercourse.
Bridge of the Day of Judgement Dream Explanation
— (arb. Sirat) This is the bridge people have to walk on after the Day of Resurrection to meet their Lord on the Day of Judgement. The ease of crossing it depends on the weight of deeds one is carrying. Some cross like lightening, while others have to carry their burdens and move at varying paste. Walking on it in a dream means a journey. If the bridge caves under one's feet in the dream, it means destruction and death. Seeing this bridge in a dream also represents knowledge, truth, believing in Allah's oneness and following the teachings and example of Allah's Messenger upon whom be peace. If one's foot
slips while crossing in the dream, it means that he will miss the true path. If one sees himself walking the path in a dream, it means that he is on the right track, follows what is commanded and abstains from what is forbidden. It also means that one will undergo awesome changes, undertakes major responsibilities and succeeds to reach safety. If one's foot
slips in a dream, it also means that he will fall into sin and deviate from the straight path.
Magi - An Zoroastrian Dream Explanation
— • Turning into a Magus: (1) Will leave Islam behind by committing abominations or embracing other nonvalid faiths, which brings about God’s wrath. (2) Will scrutinize everything and complicate matters, as is the nature of the Magians.
• Seeing an old Magi: An enemy who does not want to destroy his opponent.
• A Magi dreaming that he has become a Jew or a Christian: (1) A relative change for the better. (2) Will indulge in atheism further and be lost even more.
• Dreaming of being a Magian: The dreamer is sensual and running ex clusively after worldly matters because, writes Al-Nabulsi, the Magians are the dogs
who own the wealth of this world.38
Daisy Dream Explanation
— Dreaming of picking a daisy, also called ox-eye or feverfew, at the foot
of a mountain means one: (1) Will conquer the heart of the beautiful girl of a great king. (2) Will befriend the wife’s relatives, which this plant alludes to.
Thigh Dream Explanation
— The thigh symbolizes the person’s clan or tribe.
• One’s thigh having been severed: The dreamer will be separated from his folk and die abroad because, says Ibn Siren, once the thigh has been amputated
, it can never be returned (a view challenged by modern science).
• One’s two thighs made of brass or copper: The dreamer’s folk are intrepid sinners.
• Dreaming that one’s thigh is red and hairy and calling someone to let him shave that hair: The dreamer has a debt a relative will settle on his behalf.
• Having a reduced or small thigh: (1) The dreamer’s clan is small. (2) The dreamer is a solitary person. (3) The dreamer will be estranged.
• Having pain in the thigh: The dreamer is not good to his folk.
| || |