| |Dirty face Dream Explanation
— (Filth) A dirty
face in a dream represents a rare art, while a filthy body represents a sinful person.
Dirty clothe Dream Explanation
— (See Filth)
Dirty hair Dream Explanation
— (See Filth)
Home Dream Explanation
— The distinction is very vague in Arabic between the words dar and bayt, both meaning “house” or “home.” But after consulting a knowledgeable colleague (a Moroccan ambassador and man of letters), the author assumes that dar is more likely to mean a house as a structure or an apartment block and bayt a room, an apartment, or simply home
. However, in the ancient Arab texts the writer often jumps from one meaning to another, and I have taken real pain trying to disentangle them, as usual. Home symbolizes the man’s wife sheltered under his roof and to whom he goes, whence the expression “He went home
.” Therefore, home
and wife are synonyms. The door is her vagina or her face, the closet or the safe a maiden, like the dreamer’s daughter, whom he does not penetrate, as they are covered or hidden places in which he does not sleep. The servants quarters symbolize the servant (s). The place where cereals are stored is the mother, who used to keep the dreamer alive and let him grow by feeding him milk. The toilet represents those servants who are in charge of cleaning and washing or the dreamer’s wife, whom he embraces and penetrates when isolated, i.e., away from his children and the rest of the household.
Home Dream Explanation
— • Looking from the kowwa (a kind of small window in old houses): The dreamer is in the habit of contemplating his wife’s vagina or ass.
• Seeing a large private apartment made of clay or concrete in one’s home
that was not there before: A good woman will enter the house. If the apartment is plastered or made of bricks, an obscene and hypocritical woman will appear.
Coming home Dream Explanation
— (See Arrival)
Home coming Dream Explanation
— (See Arrival)
A Dead Person Entering the Home of a Sick Person Dream Explanation
— Either his sickness will prolong or he will die soon.
Swine Dream Explanation
— The swine is a huge man, rich, and irreligious, with dubious sources of income, a dirty
person with long hands, and a mean and stinking atheist.50 Its flesh or meat, its grease, its hair, its stomach, and its skin are cheap and dirty
money. Being a swine herd: Will govern low people of dirty
• Owning, finding, or transporting swine: Will obtain dirty
• Pigs (young and little swine) and sow milk, if the dreamer drinks it. A catstrophe will befall the dreamer. He will lose either his mind or his money.
Filth Dream Explanation
— (Dirt) Dirty
hair, a soiled garment, or a filthy body in a dream mean distress and worries. Dirty
clothing in a dream mean sins. If the dirt comprises oil or grease in the dream, it means attachment to mundane and material objects. Washing one's clothe in a dream means repenting from sin and washing them away. Cleaning off the wax in one's ears in a dream means hearing pleasing words. (Also see Cloth; Dirty
Fly Dream Explanation
— The fly is a weak and mean person who stabs one in the back. Many flies symbolizes a harmful enemy.
• Eating flies: Dirty
money or unholy gains.
• A fly entering the dreamer’s body: Will mix with mean and criminal parties and gain dirty
money, which will not last.
Incident - Seeing Two Sheeps fightings right next to your wife Dream Explanation
— Ibn Sirin (RA) was approached by a person who said that he saw a very shameful and disturbing dream and that he was ashamed to reveal it because of its nature. The Imaam asked him to write down the dream on a sheet of paper. He wrote that he had been away from home
for three months. During his absence he dreamed that he has returned home
, finding this wife asleep on her bed while two sheep with horns were engaged in battle near her bed. The one injured the other. Because of this dream he has avoided approaching his wife and yet, by Allah, he loved her a great deal. When the Imaam read this letter, he said to him not to leave his wife as she was a chaste and honourable woman. He explained the dream thus: “When she heard that you were returning home
shortly, in fact you were almost home
, she urgently sought for something with which to remove her public hair.
Lance Dream Explanation
— If one is challenged by someone holding a lance against him in a dream, it means that someone will hurt him with his words, or slander his family. Owning an extra lance in a dream means having a brother or a friend who will stand for one's defence when needed. A long spear means injustice, or it could mean good health. If one bleeds from a wound caused by a lance in a dream, it means that he will be compensated for pain and suffering, or that he will return home
from a long journey. Multiple wounds from a lance in a dream mean financial compensation, though the source of money is loathsome. Fighting one's enemies with a lance means earning dirty
money. A person holding a lance in a dream also represents a teacher, an educator, or someone who helps his brothers and friends. (Also see Javelin)
Arrival Dream Explanation
— (Home coming) The arrival home
of a traveller in a dream signifies relief after sustaining depression and distress, or it could mean recovering from an illness, or regaining a stronghold. If one finds himself depressed and annoyed with the arrival of the traveller in the dream, then his dream may signify having to ask for something from someone, or needing others, or confronting the unavoidable.
Fart Dream Explanation
— • Farting amid people: Will be relieved from worries and experience no more difficulties.
• Farting indiscreetly while surrounded by people: Relief from worries and hardships, but in an ugly manner.
• Farting deliberately, emitting a loud sound and dirty
smell: The dreamer is saying or doing ugly and obscene things for which he will be ill-reputed as much as the sound was loud and the smell dirty
• Farting with difficulty: Will do something unbearable.
• Farting without difficulty: The dreamer will do as he likes.
Planet Dream Explanation
— • Riding on a planet: Benefits, welfare, power, influence, and leadership.
• Planets under the ceiling: (1) Home
will be destroyed (as, the home
having no roof anymore, the planets could be seen from within the house). (2) The owner of the house will die.
• Eating planets: The dreamer is eating up people’s money and destroying them, except if he is a scientist or an astronomer, in which case it would mean that he will do something great and be better off. The crowd eating planets means death.
Blood Dream Explanation
— • Splashing in blood: The dreamer is being financed and is dealing with dirty
money or is indulging in a major sin.
• Seeing blood on one’s clothes: Somebody is lying to the dreamer.
• Seeing one’s shirt stained with blood of unknown origin or without having felt it coming: The dreamer is being lied to without knowing it or suspecting anything.
• The shirt stained with the blood of a cat: A thief is lying to the dreamer.
• The shirt stained with lion blood: An unjust and wanton chief or ruler is lying to the dreamer.
• The shirt stained with ram blood: An honest, rich, and almost invincible man is lying to the dreamer, after which the latter will obtain as much illicit money as there was blood.
• Blood oozing out of the skin: (1) Health and safety. (2) Will return home
safe and sound from a journey.
• Seeing blood coming out of one’s body and looking at the wounds: (1) Will be healthy and wealthy. (2) Will return safe and sound from a journey to find joy, happiness, and welfare.
Incident - Central pillar of the house breaking Dream Explanation
— A woman came to Prophet Muhammad, Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam, and said: "Oh Messenger of God, I saw in a dream that the central pillar which supports the ceiling of my house broke, and the ceiling caved in." Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) replied: "Your husband will return to his home
from a journey." Soon, the husband returned home
from a business trip, and the wife was happy.
Incident - a Bowl full of Ants Dream Explanation
— A person said to the learned Imaam that has a glass bowl in which he eats his food. He saw in his dream that it is filled with ants. The Imaam asked him whether he has a wife. He said: “Yes”. Then he asked him whether he has a slave as well. He said: “Yes”. He said: “Drive him out of your home
. There is no goodness in keeping such a slave”. The man returned home
depressed and worried. When the wife saw him in a depresessed and worried. When the wife saw him in a depressed state she asked him the reason.
Head Dream Explanation
— • Carrying an alternative head: The dreamer is fighting a plague or trying to remedy something bad he had concocted.
• Seeing oneself having cut off people’s heads at one’s home: People will be driven to the dreamer and will come to his home
of their own free will or will assemble there.
• Seeing horns on one’s head: The dreamer is an invincible man.29
• Seeing oneself with a big head: The dreamer has a big brain.
• Seeing oneself headless: The dreamer is ignorant and has little, if any, brains.
• Eating the head of a dead person: The dreamer will die soon.
| || |