Face Dream Explanation
— • Having an ugly face
or a scar on it: The dreamer is shameless and obscene, as the face
• Being pale: Sorrow.
• Having freckles or pimples on the face: Too many sins.
Face Dream Explanation
— One's face
in a dream represents his state. If it appears cheerful and handsome looking in the dream, it represents glad tidings, happiness and a good life, though if it looks opaque in the dream, it means the opposite. In general, a yellow face
in a dream means humiliation, loneliness, hypocrisy or illness. If a believer sees his face
yellow in a dream, it denotes his devotion and fear of wrongdoing. Yellowness of the face
in a dream also could mean being in love. If an African person sees his face
white in a dream, it means hypocrisy, impudence and shamelessness. If a Caucasian sees his face
black in a dream, it means that his heart and intentions are better than what a stranger may think of him. If one's face
appears white and his body black in a dream, it means that he shows decency and disguises inappropriateness. If a whiskerless person sees hair growing over the sides of his upper lip in a dream, it means that he carries burdening debts, or that he has lost dignity. If one's face
looks different or missing some of its clarity or beauty in a dream, it denotes someone who jokes excessively, for immoderate jesting, hilarity or mirth decreases people's respect. If there is no skin to cover one's cheeks in a dream, it means that he lives from asking others for his needs. Dust covering one's face
in a dream means deficiency in one's religious devotion. If one's face
or eyes turn bluish in a dream, it means that he is a criminal in Allah's sight. An opaque face
in a dream represents a liar or an innovator. If the color of one's face
is blush or reddish with white spots in the dream, it means joy, happiness and good living. If a righteous person sees his face
blush in a dream, it means that he feels ashamed of something he did. If one's face
is soaking with sweat in a dream, it represents his modesty and reserve. If one is frowning, and if the color of his face
turns red in the dream, it means that he may suffer from distress or losses. Frowning in someone's face
in a dream also means suffering at his hand. If a woman sees her face
blackened with soot in a dream, it means the death of her husband. If she sees herself putting makeup and anointing herself with perfume in a dream, it means good news for her and for her husband. A smiling and a cheerful face
in a dream connotes happiness and righteousness whether the person is alive or dead. The beauty of a woman's face
or that of a child in a dream means blessings. Having two faces in a dream mean a grievous and an woeful end, for Allah Almighty does not look at someone who has two faces. If a scholar sees himself having several faces in a dream, it means that he is utilizing his knowledge in various applications, or giving a subject several possible interpretations. A frowning face
, a crying face
, a scarred face
, or the darkness of one's face
in a dream also mean loss of job, fear, or they could represent a liar. If the skin of one's face
is cracking in a dream, it denotes lack of modesty or absence of shame. A disgusting look on one's face
in a dream means loathsomeness, and loathsomeness in a dream represents a disgusting face
. (Also see Body; Jesting)
Colors of the face Dream Explanation
— (See Colors; Face)
Dirty face Dream Explanation
— (Filth) A dirty face
in a dream represents a rare art, while a filthy body represents a sinful person.
The Face and Beard Dream Explanation
— The face
and beard symbolise a man's status and awe. Seeing one's beard lengthened suggest that his position or status will be elevated.
Face mask Dream Explanation
— (See Helmet)
Reciting Surah Naas Dream Explanation
— Its reader will be safeguarded against all calamities and granted refuge from the accursed devil
Seeing Rasoolullah (Sallallaahu-alayhi-wasallam) in the Dream Dream Explanation
— Rasoolullah (Sallallaahu-alayhi-wasallam) has said : “Whosoever sees me in his dream he has truly seen me. For, the devil
is unable to assume my form”.
Paleness Dream Explanation
— (Yellow) Paleness of one's face
in a dream means a sickness. If one sees his face
bright yellow in a dream, it means that he will be among the exalted and blessed people in the hereafter. However, paleness of the face
in a dream also may be interpreted as humiliation, jealousy, or hypocrisy. Paleness of the face
in a dream also could mean devotion, standing up in prayers at night, observing night vigils, being in love, piety, contemplation, or being afraid of something. If one sees his face
white and his body yellow in a dream, it means that what he shows outwardly is better than what he hides. On the other hand, if one's face
is yellow and pale and his body is white in the dream, then it means that his heart is better than what others can perceive from his outer look. If both his face
and body look pale and emaciated in a dream, it means an illness. Paleness of the face
alone in a dream also means sadness or sorrow. Wearing a yellow garment in a dream means an illness, unless if it is made from silk. If one sees himself in a dream wearing a yellowish silk -brocaded cloak, it means religious fakery, or committing improprieties under the name of one's religion. (Also see Yellow)
Blushing Dream Explanation
— If one sees his face
glowing with red or blushing in a dream, it means dignity, nobility and it could represent a person who is known for his good deeds. If the blushing of one's face
is mixed with some white lines in the dream, it means strength and happiness. If one sees his face
embellished with red cosmetic makeup in a dream, it means that he will commit adultery, and that he will be exposed thereafter. If one sees his entire body turning red in a dream, it means long sufferings and lack of success in his life. Glowing redness in one's face
in a dream also means recovering from an illness, or the home returning of a traveller. (Also see Bashfulness)
Pebble Dream Explanation
— • Throwing pebbles (jamarat) as part of the pilgrimage rites in Mecca (Makkah) as if stoning the Devil: (1) Will settle a debt of seven or seven hundred currency units. (2) Will triumph over the enemy. (3) Will do good. (4) Will complete fasting and prayer.
• Eating one such pebble: Will eat up the money of an orphan.
Incident Dream Explanation
— It is related that in Baghdad some persons were seated together, relating their dreams to each other. One amongst them said : “Friends I wish to relate to you a strange dream I had seen. I saw a barber shaving off my beard and moustche. One awakening I proceeded to Imaam Jafar Saadiq (RA) and related to him the dream. He said: You are to become embroiled in some difficulty owing to which you will lose your honour and respectability amongst the people. This will cause you muich grief and sorrow. I was shocked by this interpretation. I returned home with difficulty and remained indoors for four days. One the fifth day I decided to go out for a walk When I reached the door of the masjid. I saw an old acquaintance of clothes in order to lash him. Suddenly his gaze fell on me and he began crying out: Hey So-and-so! I responded: I am present He said: It is through you that I have landed in this misery. Hey so-and-so! Whatever I have given you which you had carried to your house return it to its owner and free me from this misery! I said to him. I seek Allah's protection from the accursed devil! For Allah's sake! Your have given me nothing at a ll and what you are accusing me of, is all a lie! He again said; For Allah's sake, don't become difficult! I have given you such and such clothing belonging to so-and-so and you have hidden it is your house! “Hearing all this the police arrested me straight away and put me behind bars. They began interrogating me about something that I had never done. After some days I was brought before the Qaadhi to face
the charges brought against me. I was found guilty and awarded the penalty for theft. “I became popular in the whole of Baghdaad as an accomplice of thieves. But Allah's bounties know no bounds. A few days before my hand was to be amputated, a son was born to the Khaleefah. In jubilation, he decided to released all prisoners amongst whom I was one. I thanked Allah a thousand times for favouring me with His special bounty. This is how my dream became a reality. I have never seen a dream come out so true as this one”.
Tears Dream Explanation
— Paradoxically, tears mean joy, but hot tears mean worries and trouble.
• Seeing tears on one’s face
without having cried: People are speaking ill of the dreamer’s family and folk
• Having tearful eyes: The dreamer is saving money for religious purposes and does not want to show it.
• Tears flowing on the face: The dreamer will spend happily.
• Seeing the tears from the right eye entering the left eye: The dreamer will sodomize the son of his own daughter.
Skin Dream Explanation
— According to Ibn Siren, blackness refers to a person’s wealth. A man once came to him and told him he dreamed that his fiancee had become black and short. “Her blackness,” said Ibn Siren, “is her wealth. Her shortness, her life.” And, in fact, the man married the girl, who did not live long and whose money he inherited. Red skin is a symbol of dignity and relief, especially if it is whitish. Yellow means disease, except if the yellow is gorgeous, in which case the dreamer will be close to God in the Hereafter, if God wills. A white complexion means that the dreamer is religious, faithful, and righteous. If his cheeks turn white, he will enjoy dignity and prosperity.
• Dreaming that a host of black women are coming to you: You will have plenty of welfare, but from the enemy side.
• Dreaming that your face
is black and that you are wearing white clothes: You will have a female child in view of the Quranic verse that reads as follows: “When if one of them receiveth tidings of the birth of a female, his face
remaineth darkened, and he is wroth inwardly.” (“Al-Nahl” [The Bees], verse 58.)
• Your face
being black and your clothes dirty: You are lying to God.
• Your face
turning black and dusty: You will die.
• A man dreaming that he has red makeup on his cheeks like women: He is an adulterer.
Pelting stones Dream Explanation
— (Twenty one pebbles collected at Muzdalifa near the Plain of Arafa during the pilgrimage season and are used to stone the devil
at a place called Jamarat.) In a dream, pelting stones represent fidelity, paying one's debts, victory over one's enemy, or doing good deeds. To eat one of the stones which are intended for pelting in a dream means to devour or steal the property of a young orphan. Pelting stones in a dream also means fulfilling one's obligatory prayers and fasting, having earlier missed their performance for a legitimate reason. (Also see Pebbles; Pilgrimage; Jamarat)
Satan Dream Explanation
— Satan symbolizes Man’s enemy in Heaven and on earth, a cunning, deceitful, alert, and malicious enemy who cares for nothing and respects nothing and no one. He could also represent a prince, a state minister, a judge, a policeman, a scholar, a preacher, an atheist, a hypocrite, a covetous person, the dreamer’s family or children, people with very fine hearing, spies, builders, and divers.
• Seeing Satan: Joy and excessive sexual passion, as the word shaytan, Satan in Arabic, comes from shatat, meaning “excess.” This being the case, he could be identified, in Western terms, with Asmodeus.
• Satan manhandling the dreamer: The dreamer is a usurer.
• A healthy person dreaming that Satan has touched him: An enemy is slandering the dreamer’s wife while trying to entice her.
• A sick or sad person dreaming that he has been touched by Satan: Will recover and strike it rich in view of verses in the Holy Quran that read: “And make mention (O Muhammad) of Our bondman Ayyoub (Job), when he cried unto his Lord: Lo! the devil
doth afflict me with distress and torment. (And it was said unto him) Strike the ground with thy foot. This (spring) is a cool bath and a refreshing drink. And We bestowed on him (again) his household and therewith the like thereof, a mercy from Us, and a memorial for men of understanding.” (“Sad,” verses 41–43.)
• Being followed by Satan: The dreamer’s enemy is after him, trying to lure him and bring him down in many ways, in view of the Quranic verse: “… So Satan followed him up, and he went astray.” (“Al-Aaraf’ [The Heights], verse 175.)
• Being scared by Satan: The dreamer is a true believer and will have no more fear in view of the verse: “It is only the Devil
who would make [men] fear his partisans. Fear them not; fear Me, if ye are true believers.” (“The Imran Family,” verse 175.)
• Being touched by a party of devils as the dreamer is busy mentioning God: He has plenty of enemies who are after his blood in view of the Quranic verse: “Lo! those who ward off (evil), when a glamour from the Devil
troubleth them, they do but remember (Allah’s guidance) and behold them seers!” (“Al-Aaraf’ [The Heights], verse 201.)
• Satan appearing happy, elated: The dreamer is giving way to his own passions.
• Receiving something from Satan: Illicit gains or decaying faith.
• A meteor or falling star pursuing a demon: Sound faith.
• Satan undressing the dreamer or snatching his clothes: The dreamer will lose his kingdom, dominion, or property, in view of the Quranic verse: “O children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you as he caused your (first) parents to go forth from the Garden and tore off from them their robe (of innocence) that he might manifest their shame to them …” (“Al-Aaraf’ [The Heights], verse 27.)
• Dreaming of controlling the devils who come to you and follow you: The dreamer will become a great chief and crush and humiliate his enemies in view of the Quranic verse: “And of the evil ones [shayyatin, plural of shaytan] (subdued We unto him) some who dived (for pearls) for him and did other works… “47 (“Al-Anbiyae” [The Prophets], verse 82.)
• Chaining up or tying up Satan: Glory in view of the Quranic verses: “And the unruly, every builder and diver (made We subservient), and others linked together in chains… “48 (“Sad,” verses 37–38.)
• A devil
diving or descending on the dreamer: He will lie and commit an abomination in view of the Quranic verse: “They descend on every sinful, false one.” [The Poets], verse 222.)
• Whispering to Satan: The dreamer will connive with his enemies and plot against the pious but fail, in view of the Quranic verse: “Lo! Conspiracy is only of the Devil
, that he may vex those who believe; but he can harm them not at all unless by Allah’s leave. In Allah let believers put their trust.” (“Al-Mujadalah” [The Argumentation], verse 10.)
• Satan dictating or teaching the dreamer certain words: He will make false statements, annoy people, or recite incorrect poetry.
• A demon entering the dreamer’s body or swallowing him: A trip fraught with dangers.
• Becoming Satan: (1) The dreamer will play havoc with people and strive to harm them. (2) The dreamer will die an atheist. (3) The dreamer will die in a blaze. (4) The dreamer will become a plumber.
• Trying to hit Satan with a sword and getting away with it or escaping: Justice and equity will prevail.
• Satan torturing the dreamer in one way or another: Relief from hardships and worries in view of verse 41 in the Quranic chapter titled “Sad,” mentioned above.
• Killing Satan: The dreamer will outsmart a wicked and deceitful person or a charlatan and a crook and earn a good reputation.
Turning in one's sleep Dream Explanation
— If one sees himself turning in his sleep and putting his face
down, or resting on his stomach in a dream, it means that he will turn away from his faith and lose both his earnings in this world and in the hereafter. If one sees the reverse, which is turning from resting on one's stomach to lying on his back in a dream, it means that he will repent for his sins. It also represents his willingness to face
the people and to correct his wrongdoing. If the subject is a woman, then sleeping on her stomach in a dream means that she is refusing to sleep with her husband. (Also see Running away; Take a flight; Sleep)
Incident Dream Explanation
— It is reported that once, while Ibn Sirin (RA) was having his lunch,a lady came to him and informed him that she had seen a dream. When he asked her to relate it she said: “Not until you have finished your meal”. After having had his meal, she said; “I saw the moon entering the planet Taurus and a voice from behind me said to me: Go to Ibn Sirin and relate to him your dream!. Hearing this, the Imaam's face
turned pale and he got up holding his stomach. His sister came to himasking: “ What's the matter with you? Why has your face
turned pale? He said “Why should it not when this lady has brought to me the news of my death after seven days?” And truly, the Imaam (RA) passed away on the seventh day after this dream. May allah have mercy upon him.
Cracking of the skin Dream Explanation
— (See Face)
Death Dream Explanation
— Death in the dream symbolises corruption of a perbond Deen while there will be glory, rank and honour for him in the world if such death is not accompanied by mourning, weeping, the carrying of a bier or corpse or the act of burying. If the corpse is seen as buried, it means there is no more hope for the improvement of his Deeni matters: the devil
will take charge of his life and he will be overwhelmed by the quest of material wealth. Also the same number of people will be influence by the dreamer who number he had seen following his bier. He will dominated and subjugates them. On the contrary, if death is not accompanied by anything that suggest burial, mourning, weeping, giving of ghusl, takfeen, the carrying of the bier or corpse, it may mean that a portion of his house will be destroyed, or its wall or its timber will fall down. Some interpreters have said that perhaps he will weaken in the matter of his Deen and he will lose his insight and prudence.
| || |