| |Father Dream Explanation
— (Eyebrow) Seeing one's father
in a dream means attaining one's goal. One's dreams are most beneficial when he sees his parents, grand parents or a relative. Seeing one's father
in a dream when in wakefulness one needs help means that help will come his way from sources he does not anticipate. If in real life he is awaiting someone's return
from a journey, it means that such a person will soon arrive. If one is sick, it means that he will recover from his illness. If he sees that his father
is given a dwelling with high fences, it means that he will continue his father's work and manage what he has left for him in this world. (Also see Governor)
Father in-law Dream Explanation
— Having a father
in-law in a dream and particularly for someone who does not have in-laws means strength, peace and tranquillity.
Return Dream Explanation
— (Return from a journey) When one returns from a trip in a dream, it means paying one's dues, dispelling sorrow and sadness, escaping from ill consequences, receiving a reward, or repenting from sin. (Also see Debt)
Return Dream Explanation
— Dreaming of returning from a voyage indicates settlement of a due or fulfilment of a duty, relief from worries, escape from harm, welfare, and repentance of sins.
Seeing a Deceased Person as Happy Dream Explanation
— Seeing a deceased
person in a good condition such as donning white or green clothes while he is laughing or giving glad tidings means that he, the dead man is in peaceful and happy conditions.
Seeing a Deceased person as Unhappy Dream Explanation
— Seeing a dead person as disheveled with dust on his body or donning old, torn and tattered clothes or as angry means that he is not in a peaceful condition in the hereafter. To see him as ill means he is burdened with sins.
Accepting from or Giving to the Deceased Something Dream Explanation
— Accepting something from the dead is regarded as good while giving him something is regarded as bad. If a person sees a dead person giving him something of this world it mean he will acquire livelihood from an unimaginable source. And if he sees himself giving a dead person clothes normally worn by living persons and he accepts such clothes and wears them it means he (the giver) has a short life span.
Home Dream Explanation
— The distinction is very vague in Arabic between the words dar and bayt, both meaning “house” or “home.” But after consulting a knowledgeable colleague (a Moroccan ambassador and man of letters), the author assumes that dar is more likely to mean a house as a structure or an apartment block and bayt a room, an apartment, or simply home
. However, in the ancient Arab texts the writer often jumps from one meaning to another, and I have taken real pain trying to disentangle them, as usual. Home symbolizes the man’s wife sheltered under his roof and to whom he goes, whence the expression “He went home
.” Therefore, home
and wife are synonyms. The door is her vagina or her face, the closet or the safe a maiden, like the dreamer’s daughter, whom he does not penetrate, as they are covered or hidden places in which he does not sleep. The servants quarters symbolize the servant (s). The place where cereals are stored is the mother, who used to keep the dreamer alive and let him grow by feeding him milk. The toilet represents those servants who are in charge of cleaning and washing or the dreamer’s wife, whom he embraces and penetrates when isolated, i.e., away from his children and the rest of the household.
• Looking from the kowwa (a kind of small window in old houses): The dreamer is in the habit of contemplating his wife’s vagina or ass.
• Seeing a large private apartment made of clay or concrete in one’s home
that was not there before: A good woman will enter the house. If the apartment is plastered or made of bricks, an obscene and hypocritical woman will appear.
Return of one's soul back to its Lord Dream Explanation
— (Death; Give up the ghost; To die) In a dream, the return
of one's soul back to its Lord means remitting a trust to its rightful owner, the recovery of a sick person from his illness, the release of a prisoner from jail, or perhaps it could represent the reunion of beloveds.
Coming home Dream Explanation
— (See Arrival)
Home coming Dream Explanation
— (See Arrival)
A Dead Person Entering the Home of a Sick Person Dream Explanation
— Either his sickness will prolong or he will die soon.
Incident Dream Explanation
— A man hid his money inside his house and went on a journey. On his way back home
, he became sick. The man also owed money to some people, and he thought of telling one of his companions about the place of his money and to ask him to pay his debt, but he aspired for recovery and hoped to return home
and pay his debts in person. During his journey, the man died. His son saw him in a dream and asked: "What did God do to you?" The father
replied: "My condition is in abeyance, and it depends on some debts that must be paid first. I have some money hidden in such and such place. Please go and dig them up, pay people what I owe them, and enjoy the rest." In the morning, the son told a friend about his dream and added: "It is a fairy tale!" A few days later, the father
came back to his son in another dream and said: "I have told you about something that will benefit you and that will free me from my limbo, but you failed to do it!" The son woke up in shock and immediately went to the place his father
indicated in the dream. When he dug out the money, he paid his father's debts and benefited from his unanticipated inheritance.
Incest Dream Explanation
— Also see Sex and Sodomy.
• A reference to an illegitimate birth.
• Marrying a relative whom Islam prohibits: Will prevail over one’s family.
• Sodomizing one’s father: Will oust him from the country or be hostile to him.
• Having sex with one’s father
or mother without ejaculation: Will be good to him or her. If the dream had ended with an orgasm, it would mean the reverse.
• A man dreaming or someone dreaming of him that he is having sex with his mother, sister, brother, or similar prohibited relations seen as dead in the dream: He is not supporting them as he should, but will change his attitude and become fair. It could also mean trouble and worries or, on the contrary, benefit to both parties. If they are seen to be alive in the dream, he does not have much affection for them. In case he dreamed that the act took place during the Muslims sacred months, he would go to Mecca (Makkah) for the pilgrimage.
• Making love to one’s mother known to be dead in the dream: Will meet her if she is alive.
• Making love to one’s dead mother: The dreamer will die, because mother is synonym for earth.
• Having sex with one’s mother in her grave: Death.
• A traveller dreaming that he is making love to his mother: Will return
to her from his journey.
• A poor man or a person whose mother is wealthy dreaming that he is having sex with her: (1) Will obtain all that he wishes from her. (2) She will die and he will inherit from her.
• A sick man dreaming of having sex with his mother: Will recover.
• Making love to one’s living mother: (1) Will be inimical to the father
. (2) If the father
is ill: The father
will die and the son will look after his mother as a son and a husband. (3) If the son is hostile to his mother: She will show him love and affection. (4) The dreamer is good-natured, for nature is the mother of mankind. (5) If the son is involved in a feud over some property or a piece of land and is trying to purchase it: He will win. (6) If the son is a farmer or peasant: Bad omen, because he would be sowing the seeds in the dead earth where they would not grow.
• Making love to one’s mother without passion despite her responsiveness: The dreamer will leave the country by his own free will.
• Making love to one’s mother without passion, then being cold-shouldered: The dreamer will flee his home
• Making love to one’s mother while her face is turned away: (1) Bad dream, meaning that the mother’s countrymen will stop loving and even resent the dreamer. (2) The dreamer will be discredited in the eyes of his countrymen or colleagues. (3) The dreamer will not get whatever he is aiming for.
• Having sex with one’s mother while the dreamer is asleep: Sorrow and hard times are ahead.
• Having sex with one’s mother by introducing the penis between her thighs: Bad dream heralding acute poverty.
• Having sex with one’s mother, who is on top: The dreamer will die, especially if he is already ill, because the earth beneath which the body is buried is called “mother.”
• The same dream by a healthy person could mean that he will be well off throughout his lifetime.
• If, in the sex act, the mother was the operator: The dreamer’s children and money will turn sour, and he will become ill.
• Having sex with one’s little boy: The boy will be ill and some harm will befall the dreamer.
• Having sex with one’s little girl: Same interpretation.
• Having sex with one’s grown-up daughter: The girl will get married, and the father
will generously furnish and equip her new home
• Having sex with one’s daughter while she is married to another man: She will be separated from her husband and return
to her father’s house.
• A poor man whose daughter is well off having the same dream means he will get great benefits from his girl.
• A poor man dreaming that he has sex with his young adopted child: Will send the boy to a teacher to seek knowledge.
• A rich man dreaming that he has sex with his young adopted child: Will donate plenty of things to the boy and will write a testament bequeathing all that he owns to the child.
• Having sex with one’s brother (or friend): Will become enemies and the dreamer will be harmed by the latter.
Incident Dream Explanation
— A dream interpreter once said: "I saw in a dream a man who was blindfolded with a blue piece of cloth. I asked him: 'Do you know what happened to my father?' The man replied: "Your father
is dead.' Then he took me to may father's grave, where I felt the great loss, and I hugged it, cried, and wailed. When I woke up, I told another dream interpreter, who was a friend of mine, about my dream. He smiled and said: 'Your father's death in the dream means his longevity, and your crying means relief from distress.' I did not accept his interpretation of my dream, for I knew better the meaning of wailing and mourning in a dream. Soon after that, I visited my father
, and my friend proudly reminded me of his interpretation. Later on, I travelled away from home
. When I returned to my town, I passed by a graveyard. At the gate stood a woman who was guarding that cemetery and whose eye was bandaged with a blue piece of cloth. I knew her, so I stopped and asked her about the news. She said to me: 'May God grant you a long life. Your father
has passed away.' Then she took me to his grave, and I fell on it, crying and wailing, exactly as I saw in my dream. Thus, my friend's interpretation did not come true, for he has no hand in it."
Washing the dead Dream Explanation
— (Undertaker) If one sees a deceased
person washing himself before burial in a dream, it means relief for one's dependents and increase of their wealth after him. Washing a deceased
person in a dream means that someone will repent at the hand of the undertaker. If a deceased
person asks someone to wash his clothing in a dream, it means that he needs someone to pray for him, or to intercede on his behalf before his Lord, or pay charity for the benefit of his soul, or to satisfy his debts, or to fulfill his will, or to seek justice for his death. If one does wash the garment of the deceased
person in the dream, it means the redemption of that person. Washing a deceased
person with boiling water in a dream means that the latter is suffering in hell-fire. (Also see Grave digger; Hot water; Ritual bath; Undertaker)
Receiving an Unsheathed Sword Dream Explanation
— if a person sees himself as receiving an unsheathed (naked) sword and he lifts it above his head but does not strike with it, it means he will wield such power as will make him popular; or he will father
a very beautiful girl. Regarding the above dream only Imaam Kirmani (RA) says that a son or brother will be born in the home
of the dreamer.
Mother Dream Explanation
— (Educator; Eye-brow; Governess) Seeing one's mother in a dream has a deeper and a stronger meaning than seeing one's father
. All the same in one's dream, seeing her means attaining one's goal. Man's dreams are most pleasing when he sees his parents, grand parents or a relative. If one is going through difficulties and sees his mother in a dream, it means that help will come his way from sources he does not anticipate. If in real life he is awaiting someone's return
from a journey, that person could arrive shortly. If one is sick, it means that he will be cured from his illness. If one sees his mother giving birth to him, should he be ill in real life, then it means the approach of his death, for a deceased
is wrapped in a shroud, while a new born is wrapped with a receiving cloth. If the person in question is poor, then seeing his mother in a dream means that his financial conditions will change for the better. If he is rich, it means restrictions of his earnings, for a child is dependent on others, and his movements are restricted. (Also see Earth)
Incident Dream Explanation
— A woman came to God's Prophet, upon whom be peace, and said: "Oh Messenger of God, I saw in a dream that the central pillar which supports the ceiling of my house broke, and the ceiling caved in." God's Prophet (uwbp) replied: "Your husband will return
to his home
from a journey." Soon, the husband returned home
from a business trip, and the wife was happy. While the husband is in town, the woman saw the same dream again, and she sought to ask God's Prophet (uwbp) about it. When she did not find him, Abu Baler was present, so she told him the dream, and he replied: "Your husband will soon die." In the first interpretation of the above dream, the husband was absent, while in the second dream, he was present. The conditions changed, and the meaning also changed.
The Moon of the First Night of the Lunar Month Dream Explanation
— If a person sees the crescent of the first night of the lunar month, but in reality it is not the first day of the lunar month, one of the following interpretations could be given : (a) he will been entrusted with someduty pertaining to governing of the land or country, (9) a child will be born in his home
,(c) a missing person will return
, (d) some new event will occur.
| || |