Grandfather Dream Explanation — To become a grandfather in a dream means longevity or earning respect. Seeing one's grandfather in a dream also means enjoying a happy life. A grandfather in one's house in a dream represents one's own father. Therefore, any interpretation relative to one's father should apply here. If one's grandfather dies in a dream, it means loss of one's determination and will. (Also see Father)
Speaking to the Dead Dream Explanation — If a person sees himself as asking a dead person about anything regarding the dead persons or anothers condition then the answer of the dead person will be true to its word- whether good or bad- for the dead person dwells in the world of truthfulness (ie. Akhirah) as opposed to the world of falsehood (ie dunya). Thus, he does not speak a lie in whatever report he gives.
Carrying the Dead Dream Explanation — if a person sees himself carrying a dead person in any manner other than the normal manner of carrying a bier or corpse it means he will carry a burden of haraam wealth. Some interpreters say that the same dream could mean that he is spending his wealth on some pervert. If a person sees himself as carrying a dead person in a normal way it means he will either obey and follow the ruler of the time or he will take upon himself some of his responsibilities.
Rising of the dead Dream Explanation — (Resurrection) Seeing the rising of all the dead on the Day of Judgment in a dream represents people attending to their daily business and seeking profits where some will win while others will lose. (Also see Resurrection)
Washing the dead Dream Explanation — (Undertaker) If one sees a deceased person washing himself before burial in a dream, it means relief for one's dependents and increase of their wealth after him. Washing a deceased person in a dream means that someone will repent at the hand of the undertaker. If a deceased person asks someone to wash his clothing in a dream, it means that he needs someone to pray for him, or to intercede on his behalf before his Lord, or pay charity for the benefit of his soul, or to satisfy his debts, or to fulfill his will, or to seek justice for his death.
Washing the dead Dream Explanation — If one does wash the garment of the deceased person in the dream, it means the redemption of that person. Washing a deceased person with boiling water in a dream means that the latter is suffering in hell-fire. (Also see Grave digger; Hot water; Ritual bath; Undertaker)
Mourning the dead Dream Explanation — (See Lamenting)
Embracing a Dead Person Dream Explanation — If a person sees a dead persons embracing him, squeezing him or killing him it means he will attain a good old age.
Marrying a Dead Woman Dream Explanation — He will succeed in acquiring his pursuit regarding which he has lost all hopes.
Entering an Unknown House with the Dead Dream Explanation — Entering an unknown house in the company of a dead person means he will die soon and thus join the dead person.
Digging the Grave of a Dead Person Dream Explanation — If a person sees himself digging the grave of a dead person who is known to him it means he will follow in his footsteps in worldly as well as religious matters. If he is unknown to him, he will pursue a matter wherein he will not succeed.
Giving the Dead Roti, Bread or a Ring Dream Explanation — It means a son will be born to him and he will die, or if he is wealthy he will lose his wealth.
A Dead Person Entering the Home of a Sick Person Dream Explanation — Either his sickness will prolong or he will die soon.
Sodomy Dream Explanation — vigour, as the words grandfather and endeavours are homonyms in Arabic.
• An identified dead man sodomizing a living human: The latter will obtain a share from the former’s bequest or from his heirs or kith and kin.
• Sodomizing a dead man: The dreamer will pray for the latter.
• Being sodomized by the caliph (or ruler): The dreamer will rule over a province or be given an important position. Sodomizing a man without problems: Harmony prevails between the two partners during that period, and the passive one will benefit from the other, be he identified or not.
• Penetrating the anus of a prelate: The dreamer will sweep dirt.
Dress Dream Explanation — • The dead giving the dreamer an old robe: The latter will become poor and miserable.
• The dead giving the dreamer a new robe: The latter will become rich and powerful.
• Holding one’s Arab robe and telling a dead person, “Take this and sew it,” or, “wash it,” without the cloth leaving the dreamer’s hand or becoming the property of the dead: Trouble, hardships, and depression. If the dead had taken and worn it, the dreamer would die.
Necromancy Dream Explanation — • Sodomizing a dead man or a woman dreaming that a dead person had made love to her: Benefits from an undesirable source, the same as the dead are undesirable sex partners.
• Sodomizing an identified dead man: Will do something good in memory of the latter, such as offering prayers, et cetera.
• Having incestuous sex or making love to a prohibited dead relation: Again, will pray for, give alms in memory of, or visit that relative’s grave.
• Making love to one’s mother seen dead in the dream: Will meet her if she is alive. Having sex with her in the grave means death.
Kiss Dream Explanation — • Being kissed by an unidentified dead person: Will accept benefits or charity through an undesirable channel or way.
• Being kissed with intense sexual passion by a dead person, whether known or unknown: Matters will be settled the way you want.
• A patient dreaming that he is kissing a dead person: Will pass away.
• A healthy person kissing the dead: The statements the dreamer is making at this time are improper. He had better remain silent. (His words should stop, as the dead have ceased to exist.)
Clothes Dream Explanation — • The dead giving the dreamer something of what he is wearing and the former wearing it in turn: Deep trouble and an acute disease. If the cloth was left till the dead took it back, it means that the dreamer will quickly depart from this world.
• A dead person giving the dreamer a tailored cloth that does not belong to the former and the latter taking and wearing it, then returning it to the dead, who wears it in turn: Those who live under the dreamer’s roof will die unless he had not returned the cloth to the dead, in which case the dreamer’s wealth will increase.
• The dead giving the dreamer a tattered or dirty cloth: Will commit abominations.
• Giving a cloth to the dead, but the latter neither unfolding nor wearing it: Harm will befall the dreamer’s fortune or health, but recovery will follow.
• Taking off some clothes and giving them to the dead: Will die. If the dreamer recovers the clothes, it will be otherwise.
Necromancy Dream Explanation — • In the event of a kiss, it is the one who kisses who will benefit.
• Marrying and going into a dead woman: Will revive a dead matter as important as the deceased was beautiful. If the dreamer had not overwhelmed her or gone into her, the fulfilment would not be perfect, as penetration is a higher state than simple touching.
• A woman dreaming of being wedded to a dead man who then goes into her at his or her place: Her wealth will shrink, her condition will worsen, and her life will be scattered. If the act took place at the dead man’s unknown residence, she will die.
Grave Dream Explanation — • Roaming about amid open graves: Will enter the homes of heretics or visit the jails.
• Going to a grave and digging the earth with one’s nails or trying to unearth the dead: Will probe the life of the dead dwelling in that grave to follow his pattern.
• Finding a dead person alive in his grave: Will become wise and pious and achieve orderly gains.
• Going to a graveyard to unearth the dead and finding some of them alive and others not: Terrible deaths will occur in that spot or country.
• Finding deadly reptiles or insects in a grave or flames coming out of it: (1) The dreamer is doing abominable things. (2) The dead person in that grave was a heretic.