Shroud Or Mortuary Winding Sheet Dream Explanation
— (Also see Dress.) It symbolizes a penchant for adultery. The smaller the shroud, the closer the dreamer is to repentance, and vice versa. But interpreters differ on this point—some of them feel that the larger the shroud, the better the dream is.
• Seeing a living person wearing a shroud: The dreamer has a leaning toward adultery. If the shroud has not been worn, he is inciting others to commit adultery, but nobody responds to his calls.
• Being wrapped up in a shroud: The dreamer will die.
• Dreaming of being wrapped in a shroud like the dead, except for the head and feet, which remain uncovered: Religious corruption or simply things will go wrong.
• Weaving a shroud for a dead person: The dreamer will do something good in memory of the deceased or in favour of his offspring as much as the winding sheet
was big, beautiful, or valuable.
• Weaving a shroud for a living person known to the dreamer: Hardships and trouble for the latter.
• Weaving a shroud for a person dreamed of as unknown but alive: Good augury.
• Snatching a shroud from a dead person whom the dreamer used to know: The dreamer will follow the example of that late person.
• Taking the shroud of a dead person: (1) For a virtuous or pious being: The dreamer will specialize in an exotic and very delicate science or craft (or technology in modern times) or will achieve gains by unholy means. (2) For a debauchee: He has very little if not no religion at all, is affecting people’s minds, and indulges in peeping, sneaking, reporting, and violating people’s secrecy.
• Separating winding sheets: The dreamer is a benefactor.
• Asking for a shroud but failing to find one: Bad omen.
• Something enshrouded being given to the dreamer: Benefits.
• Collecting a large number of shrouds: The dreamer is learning various sciences and skills.
Cloth Dream Explanation
— (Fabric) Weaving a cloth
or hanging it in the open air in a dream means undertaking a long journey. (Also see Wrapping)
Saddle cloth Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a saddle cloth
represents marriage, a judicial or a political appointment, moving to a new house, moving to a new shop, or it could mean travels.
Cloth Merchant Dream Explanation
— He symbolises a man of high standing in the community; or he symbolises a poet or a man of wisdom.
Darning old cloth Dream Explanation
— (Patching) Darning an old garment in a dream represents hypocrisy, fawning, adulation, impertinence, or it could mean to manage by, or to suffer from a lasting poverty.
Head-cloth or Odhni Dream Explanation
— A wife's head-cloth (ie. Hijab, Odhni, scarf etc.). izaar, or burqa represents her husband. Any excellence or defect seen in any of the above is a reflection of a similar excellence or defect in her husband.
Weaving Dream Explanation
— (Cloth) Weaving a cloth
or hanging it in the air in a dream means going on a journey.
Clothes Dream Explanation
— A man told Ibn Siren, “I dreamed that I bought an ornamented cloth
of the best silk, which was folded up. When I unfolded and hung it, I found it rotten in the middle.” “Did you buy an Andalusian slave?” asked Ibn Siren. “Yes,” said the man. “Did you have sex with her?” “No,” said the man, “for I have not yet checked her.” “Don’t bother to do so, because her genitals are stinking.” And so it was when the man had his new slave checked by his women.
• New white clothes: A new chance.
• The dead giving the dreamer something of what he is wearing and the former wearing it in turn: Deep trouble and an acute disease. If the cloth
was left till the dead took it back, it means that the dreamer will quickly depart from this world.
• A dead person giving the dreamer a tailored cloth
that does not belong to the former and the latter taking and wearing it, then returning it to the dead, who wears it in turn: Those who live under the dreamer’s roof will die unless he had not returned the cloth
to the dead, in which case the dreamer’s wealth will increase.
• The dead giving the dreamer a tattered or dirty cloth: Will commit abominations.
• Giving a cloth
to the dead, but the latter neither unfolding nor wearing it: Harm will befall the dreamer’s fortune or health, but recovery will follow.
• Taking off some clothes and giving them to the dead: Will die. If the dreamer recovers the clothes, it will be otherwise.
A Long Coat With a Lining Dream Explanation
— It presents a perbond wife. Similarly a blanket, pyjamas and a sheet
on which one sleeps. If any of the above is seen as burnt or snatched away from him it means he will separate from his wife either by way of a divorce or death. If he is seen as being prevented from acquiring any of the above or if any of the above is seen as being stolen from him it means he will intend divorcing his wife but without success.
Spread Dream Explanation
— (See Hanging clothes)
Unfold Dream Explanation
— (See Hanging clothes)
A Wife Donning the Clothes of her Husband Dream Explanation
— This is a good and pleasant dream.
Dress Dream Explanation
— • Dreaming that unknown people have come to you and dressed you in pompous clothes without there being any feast or marriage, then left you alone in a house: You will die.
• The dead giving the dreamer two well-washed Arab male robes: Will become prosperous.
• The dead lending his robe to the dreamer, then asking for it back: That dead person has very few good deeds to his credit and cannot hope for much of God’s forgiveness.
• The dead giving the dreamer an old robe: The latter will become poor and miserable.
• The dead giving the dreamer a new robe: The latter will become rich and powerful.
• Holding one’s Arab robe and telling a dead person, “Take this and sew it,” or, “wash it,” without the cloth
leaving the dreamer’s hand or becoming the property of the dead: Trouble, hardships, and depression. If the dead had taken and worn it, the dreamer would die.
Donning White Clothes Dream Explanation
— A very pleasant dream suggesting goodness and success in all matters.
Donning Red Clothes Dream Explanation
— Donning of red clothes is suggestive of a perbond popularity.
Old Clothes Dream Explanation
— Seeing old clothes means the viewer of such a dream has a short life span.
Soiled Clothes Dream Explanation
— Such a dream is not a good reflection on the Deeni and worldly life of a person.
Clothes that are Jointed Dream Explanation
— Joined clothes, if they are soiled, means the one who wears them will become poor and needy.
Patched Clothes Dream Explanation
— A heap or stack of patched clothes symbolises extreme poverty and indigence.