| |Sheet Worn as a Garment Dream Explanation
— A sheet
worn as a garment means the acquiring of the material world as well as Deen.
Shroud Or Mortuary Winding Sheet Dream Explanation
— (Also see Dress.) It symbolizes a penchant for adultery. The smaller the shroud, the closer the dreamer is to repentance, and vice versa. But interpreters differ on this point—some of them feel that the larger the shroud, the better the dream is.
• Seeing a living person wearing a shroud: The dreamer has a leaning toward adultery. If the shroud has not been worn, he is inciting others to commit adultery, but nobody responds to his calls.
• Being wrapped up in a shroud: The dreamer will die.
• Dreaming of being wrapped in a shroud like the dead, except for the head and feet, which remain uncovered: Religious corruption or simply things will go wrong.
• Weaving a shroud for a dead person: The dreamer will do something good in memory of the deceased or in favour of his offspring as much as the winding sheet
was big, beautiful, or valuable.
• Weaving a shroud for a living person known to the dreamer: Hardships and trouble for the latter.
• Weaving a shroud for a person dreamed of as unknown but alive: Good augury.
• Snatching a shroud from a dead person whom the dreamer used to know: The dreamer will follow the example of that late person.
• Taking the shroud of a dead person: (1) For a virtuous or pious being: The dreamer will specialize in an exotic and very delicate science or craft (or technology in modern times) or will achieve gains by unholy means. (2) For a debauchee: He has very little if not no religion at all, is affecting people’s minds, and indulges in peeping, sneaking, reporting, and violating people’s secrecy.
• Separating winding sheets: The dreamer is a benefactor.
• Asking for a shroud but failing to find one: Bad omen.
• Something enshrouded being given to the dreamer: Benefits.
• Collecting a large number of shrouds: The dreamer is learning various sciences and skills.
Cloth Dream Explanation
— (Fabric) Weaving a cloth
or hanging it in the open air in a dream means undertaking a long journey. (Also see Wrapping)
Saddle cloth Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a saddle cloth
represents marriage, a judicial or a political appointment, moving to a new house, moving to a new shop, or it could mean travels.
Cloth Merchant Dream Explanation
— He symbolises a man of high standing in the community; or he symbolises a poet or a man of wisdom.
Darning old cloth Dream Explanation
— (Patching) Darning an old garment in a dream represents hypocrisy, fawning, adulation, impertinence, or it could mean to manage by, or to suffer from a lasting poverty.
Head-cloth or Odhni Dream Explanation
— A wife's head-cloth (ie. Hijab, Odhni, scarf etc.). izaar, or burqa represents her husband. Any excellence or defect seen in any of the above is a reflection of a similar excellence or defect in her husband.
Weaving Dream Explanation
— (Cloth) Weaving a cloth
or hanging it in the air in a dream means going on a journey.
Clothes Dream Explanation
— A man told Ibn Siren, “I dreamed that I bought an ornamented cloth
of the best silk, which was folded up. When I unfolded and hung it, I found it rotten in the middle.” “Did you buy an Andalusian slave?” asked Ibn Siren. “Yes,” said the man. “Did you have sex with her?” “No,” said the man, “for I have not yet checked her.” “Don’t bother to do so, because her genitals are stinking.” And so it was when the man had his new slave checked by his women.
• New white clothes: A new chance.
• The dead giving the dreamer something of what he is wearing and the former wearing it in turn: Deep trouble and an acute disease. If the cloth
was left till the dead took it back, it means that the dreamer will quickly depart from this world.
• A dead person giving the dreamer a tailored cloth
that does not belong to the former and the latter taking and wearing it, then returning it to the dead, who wears it in turn: Those who live under the dreamer’s roof will die unless he had not returned the cloth
to the dead, in which case the dreamer’s wealth will increase.
• The dead giving the dreamer a tattered or dirty cloth: Will commit abominations.
• Giving a cloth
to the dead, but the latter neither unfolding nor wearing it: Harm will befall the dreamer’s fortune or health, but recovery will follow.
• Taking off some clothes and giving them to the dead: Will die. If the dreamer recovers the clothes, it will be otherwise.
A Long Coat With a Lining Dream Explanation
— It presents a perbond wife. Similarly a blanket, pyjamas and a sheet
on which one sleeps. If any of the above is seen as burnt or snatched away from him it means he will separate from his wife either by way of a divorce or death. If he is seen as being prevented from acquiring any of the above or if any of the above is seen as being stolen from him it means he will intend divorcing his wife but without success.
A Wife's Garments Dream Explanation
— If a person sees himself as sewing or joining his wife's garments or burqa or head-cloth, it means he will quarrel with her and she is turn will come to find out all that his relatives know
Teeth in the Pocket Dream Explanation
— Pocketing the teeth or wrapping them in cloth
or seeing them falling into the hand or keeping them in the house-any of these is a harbinger of a child, brother or sister being born. If may also mean his deriving some benefit from one of them.
Palm fiber Dream Explanation
— (Rubbing cloth) Palm fiber in a dream represents new clothing, or an accumulated wealth that is bearing heavy on its owner because of the methods he uses to gather it, or because of failing to pay its due alms tax, or required charities.
Incident Dream Explanation
— A dream interpreter once said: "I saw in a dream a man who was blindfolded with a blue piece of cloth
. I asked him: 'Do you know what happened to my father?' The man replied: "Your father is dead.' Then he took me to may father's grave, where I felt the great loss, and I hugged it, cried, and wailed. When I woke up, I told another dream interpreter, who was a friend of mine, about my dream. He smiled and said: 'Your father's death in the dream means his longevity, and your crying means relief from distress.' I did not accept his interpretation of my dream, for I knew better the meaning of wailing and mourning in a dream. Soon after that, I visited my father, and my friend proudly reminded me of his interpretation. Later on, I travelled away from home. When I returned to my town, I passed by a graveyard. At the gate stood a woman who was guarding that cemetery and whose eye was bandaged with a blue piece of cloth
. I knew her, so I stopped and asked her about the news. She said to me: 'May God grant you a long life. Your father has passed away.' Then she took me to his grave, and I fell on it, crying and wailing, exactly as I saw in my dream. Thus, my friend's interpretation did not come true, for he has no hand in it."
Wrap Dream Explanation
— To see oneself wrapped in a blanket or a cloth
in a dream means being serious about one's work and earning an honest livelihood. It also means receiving a medal of honor, recognition, or an endowment for his noble virtues. (Also see Shroud; Wrap up)
Wrapping Dream Explanation
— (Cloth; Cover) Wearing a wrapping around one's waist in a dream represents a husband and a wife who live together without sexual relationship. A wrapping in a dream also may represent a dullish or a simple-minded child. (Also see Wrap up; Wrap)
Leprosy Dream Explanation
— Leprosy symbolizes: (1) A cloth
without ornament. (2) Money. Dreaming of being piebald (black and white) means one will contract leprosy. It is always better to dream of oneself having such dreadful diseases than of others. The logic behind this is that, seen on others, leprosy, scabies, and the like give the dreamer an acute and unpleasant sense of repulsion.
Swaddle Dream Explanation
— (Diaper) A swaddle in a dream represents a pregnant woman, a broken bone, or defeating one's enemy. If one sees his wife swaddled in a piece of cloth
and if he unwraps her in a dream, it means that he will divorce her. Seeing a fugitive, a sick person, a traveller, or a prisoner swaddled in a dream may not purport advantages or a favorable end.
Paper Dream Explanation
— (Notebook; Record; Parchment) A sheet
of paper in a dream represents an oath, a vow, or a pledge. Writing a note on a piece of paper in a dream means being ungrateful and perfidious toward others. A writer in a dream also represents someone who is burdened, pressured, doubtful and uncertain, whereby, writing has become his escape goat and a way out of his depression. If one's boss gives him a paper to write something on it in a dream, it means that he will solicit something from his boss and eventually receive it. If one feels uncertain about some people then sees himself holding a pen and a piece of paper in a dream, it means that his obscurity will be replaced with clarity. Holding a piece of paper in a dream also means attaining one's goal, or completing a project, or finalizing a program. A paper salesman in a dream represents someone who helps cunning people do their tricks. (Also see Notebook; Paper; Write; Writer)
Filth Dream Explanation
— (Dirt) Dirty hair, a soiled garment, or a filthy body in a dream mean distress and worries. Dirty clothing in a dream mean sins. If the dirt comprises oil or grease in the dream, it means attachment to mundane and material objects. Washing one's clothe in a dream means repenting from sin and washing them away. Cleaning off the wax in one's ears in a dream means hearing pleasing words. (Also see Cloth; Dirty face; Garment)
| || |