Moon Dream Explanation
— The moon symbolizes the emperor, the supreme commander, or a person as influential as the former. The stars
around it are his soldiers, the Pleiades are his houses or his wives and slave girls. It could also refer to the knowledgeable man, the scholar or all sorts of guides, evidence, references, and indications, for it lights people’s way in the darkness, especially during the last three nights in the Arabic month, which are the darkest. It alludes as well to children, the husband or wife, the master, and the beautiful female, owing to its beauty, particularly when it is full. Likewise, the moon alludes to whatever increases and decreases, because this, in fact, is what happens to it regularly when it starts as a crescent, turns into a full moon, then becomes again like a bracket. The new moon, or crescent, also represents a king, a prince, a commander, a leader, the newborn as it starts appearing from the vagina or as it utters its first cries, the hot bread just coming from the oven, a person reappearing after a long absence, the muath-then, or the one who cries for prayers, as he appears in his minaret, the orator at the podium, et cetera.
• A sick person seeing the moon at the beginning of the (Islamic) month descending on him or coming to him: Will recover.
• A sick person seeing the moon descending on him or coming to him according to the shape of the moon: The remaining days in the month represent the days, months, or years (depending on other signs in the dream) left for him to live.
• A crescent descending on a person at the beginning of the month: An absent one will return from a trip.
• The moon descending on a person at the end of the month: Will be estranged or stay abroad.
• The moon seen on the dreamer’s knees or in his hand: Will marry someone as bright as the moonlight.
• The moon rising in the sky: A process has been initiated (something the dreamer is trying to achieve).
• The moon disappearing: It is too late for whatever the dreamer is asking or striving for.
• A full moon right where it should be, shining
in the sky: The prime minister will be good to the people of that place.
• Seeing one’s face reflected in the moon: Will die.
• Hanging to the moon: Will obtain some benefits from the sultan.
• A king seeing the moon having become dark: His subjects will harm him and deny everything good he had done to them.
• The moon becoming the sun: Benefits, money, and prosperity on the part of the wife or the mother.
• Being in perfect agreement with the moon: A reference to travellers, sailors, and astrologers or astronomers.
• Looking to the sky
and failing to spot the moon, then looking down to find it in bits and pieces on the ground: (1) If a chemist or someone working with gold: Will go bankrupt. (2) If poor: Will have plenty of riches. (3) If a woman: Her husband will be killed.
• Seeing a crescent: Will triumph over enemies.
• Seeing a crescent during hajj (pilgrimage) months or days: Will perform hajj, especially if the head was shaved in the dream.
• Crescents assembled in the sky: Will go on hajj.
• A crescent rising from the east or the west and people admiring it on the first or last night of the Islamic month: Great news will come from that direction. If it were gleaming, scintillating, or sparkling, the news would be good. If, on the contrary, it was dark
, made of brass or copper or looking like a snake or a scorpion, the news would be bad. The greater its size or its evolution in the sky
, the more wide-ranging the news would be.
• Seeing a beautiful and harmonious crescent: Will have a nice baby, be given a province, or achieve business gains, depending on the dreamer’s status.
• The crescent looking red: Wife will have a miscarriage.
• A crescent falling on the ground: Death of a scholar or a son.
• People trying unsuccessfully to get a glimpse of the new moon, which is visible only to the dreamer: The latter will die.
Gambling Dream Explanation
— (Betting; Casting lots; Games; Risk) Gambling in a dream denotes something groundless, distress, falsehood or an unattainable goal. If one bets money or something with an adversary and wins his bet in a dream, it means that he will overcome him. Generally speaking, betting or gambling in a dream means quarrels, disputes, uptightness or agony in wakefulness. (Also see Casting lots; Distress; Games; Uptight; Worries)
Betting Dream Explanation
— (See Casting lots; Gambling)