| |Cleaning Dream Explanation
— (See Sweeping the floor)
Shit Dream Explanation
— See stool.
Cleaner Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a floor cleaner represents someone who investigates people's conditions and likes to help them. Cleaning
throughout a farmland in a dream means seeking the company of righteous people. Cleaning
through a vineyard in a dream means investigating the living condition of a woman. Cleaning
a tree in a dream means investigating the living conditions of religious people. Sweeping a street in a dream means travelling an equal distance to such a street. If one sees himself cleaning
the road to Mecca in a dream, it means that he will perform a pilgrimage. Cleaning
through a grass field without knowing the owner in a dream means becoming a renunciate. Cleaning
the floors of someone's house in a dream means finding how he is doing. (Also see Sweeping the floor; Washer; Washing)
Earwax Dream Explanation
— (Auditory meatus; Cerumen) If one sees himself cleaning
the yellowish wax like secretion found in the canal of his external ear, or if he is cleaning
it from someone else's ears in a dream, it means that he will acquire a needed antidote or poison or become free from the plot of envious people. If one cleanse his ears from earwax or from other dirt in a dream, it means that he will hear good and pleasing news. If one sees himself eating the earwax he extracts from his own ears in a dream, it means that he is a child molester. Cleaning
the wax of one's ears in a dream also means hearing pleasing news. (Also see Ear)
Sweeping the floor Dream Explanation
— (Cleaning; Sanitation) Sweeping the floor, or caring for the floor matt or carpet in a dream means to care for one's community or family. Sweeping dirt or cleaning
a floor in a dream means financial benefits for people who do that professionally. Sweeping someone else's house in a dream means receiving money from him. If a rich person sees himself sweeping a floor in a dream, it means poverty, or loss of a business. (Also see Cleaner; Garbage; Sanitation; Trash collector)
Stool Dream Explanation
— Also see Toilet. In general, anything that comes out of the stomach of humans or animals symbolizes money. Whether it is good or bad depends on its smell, its dirt, and its harm to people. If it is a non-personal dirt, like mud, it means public fear from the ruler. Stool, or shit
in vulgar terms, represents benefit from injustice or relief.
• Easing out: (1) No more worries. (2) Will give alms.
• A person about to travel dreaming of having passed too much stool: (1) Will not travel. (2) Will fall into the hands of highwaymen.
• Finding, winning, or eating filth: (1) Dirty money with repentance. (2) A statement made out of greed, which the dreamer will regret.
• Passing dry and solid stool: Will spend some money, perhaps forcibly.
• Passing liquid stool in a known place like the one where people wash thoroughly before praying: Will spend on specific things with pleasure or passion.
• Passing stool in an unknown place: Will spend money without knowing where it will go and will neither be rewarded nor thanked for it.
• Passing stool on one’s clothes: Will commit an abomination.
• Passing stool on one’s underwear: Will be angry with the wife or eat up her dowry.
• Passing stool and covering it with dust: Will cover or conceal one’s money.
• Losing control and passing stool on oneself: Will commit a sin.
• Passing stool in one’s bedding: (1) Will have a long illness, because only those who cannot stand up by themselves do so. (2) Will part from one’s wife.
• Eating stool with bread: (1) Will eat honey with bread. (2) The dreamer is doing things inconsistent with the Tradition of the Holy Prophet.
• Passing stool—not deliberately—and picking it up: Will be granted a purse of dirty money commensurate with the quantity of stool.
• Passing stool in a marketplace, in a public bath, or in a very crowded area: (1) God and His angels are angry with the dreamer. (2) Will incur tremendous losses and be the subject of a major scandal. (3) Whatever the dreamer is concealing will be unveiled.
• Passing stool in a garbage dump, on a seacoast, or in a similar area where it is permissible to do so: According to Ibn Siren: a good omen. No more worries or pain.
• A well-known person throwing people’s shit
at the dreamer: Hostility, opposing views, and injustice on the part of the thrower.
• Too much filth from people: Handicaps and prevailing evil.
• Getting stained or blotted with people’s dirt: (1) Fear. (2) Disease. (3) Good augury for whoever does ugly things.
Filth Dream Explanation
— (Dirt) Dirty hair, a soiled garment, or a filthy body in a dream mean distress and worries. Dirty clothing in a dream mean sins. If the dirt comprises oil or grease in the dream, it means attachment to mundane and material objects. Washing one's clothe in a dream means repenting from sin and washing them away. Cleaning
off the wax in one's ears in a dream means hearing pleasing words. (Also see Cloth; Dirty face; Garment)
Toothbrush Dream Explanation
— (Boy; Broom; Employee) A toothbrush in a dream is a sign of hygienic conditions, prosperity, purity, cleanliness, repentance, or asking someone for forgiveness. Brushing and cleaning
one's teeth in a dream is also a sign of being religious, a family person, a concerned relative and a generous kin. If one sees himself brushing his teeth, and if his gums bleed in the dream, it means that he will become free from his sins and curtail his evildoing, or it could mean the opposite, that is to proceed with abhorrent actions, cause harm to one's own family, steal their money, or defame them. Brushing one's teeth in a dream also could mean reservation and prudence with one's words, purifying oneself from sin, faith after disbelief, paying one's debts, doing what pleases Allah Almighty, fulfilling one's promises, a pregnancy, or a marriage. (Also see Broom)
Wooden bowl Dream Explanation
— (Bowl) In a dream, a wooden bowl represents the world, or earning money from a business during a trip, while a porcelain or a ceramic bowl in a dream signifies earnings from a local business. A bowl in a dream also represents one's condition, state, or the management of his affairs. Licking a bowl, or licking one's fingers after cleaning
the bowl with one's hand in a dream means consuming one's share in this world and the nearing of one's death. A wooden bowl in a dream also represents a woman, a housekeeper, the workplace, or one's shop. If one sees a gathering of people or scholars partaking in a sweet meal from a large wooden bowl in a dream, it represents a community project that unites people's hearts and allows them to share their knowledge. If one sees a group of people gathering to eat a fish or a piece of rotten meat in a dream, it means that a group of evil people are gathered to take advantage of a prostitute. (Also see Bowl)
Home Dream Explanation
— The distinction is very vague in Arabic between the words dar and bayt, both meaning “house” or “home.” But after consulting a knowledgeable colleague (a Moroccan ambassador and man of letters), the author assumes that dar is more likely to mean a house as a structure or an apartment block and bayt a room, an apartment, or simply home. However, in the ancient Arab texts the writer often jumps from one meaning to another, and I have taken real pain trying to disentangle them, as usual. Home symbolizes the man’s wife sheltered under his roof and to whom he goes, whence the expression “He went home.” Therefore, home and wife are synonyms. The door is her vagina or her face, the closet or the safe a maiden, like the dreamer’s daughter, whom he does not penetrate, as they are covered or hidden places in which he does not sleep. The servants quarters symbolize the servant (s). The place where cereals are stored is the mother, who used to keep the dreamer alive and let him grow by feeding him milk. The toilet represents those servants who are in charge of cleaning
and washing or the dreamer’s wife, whom he embraces and penetrates when isolated, i.e., away from his children and the rest of the household.
• Looking from the kowwa (a kind of small window in old houses): The dreamer is in the habit of contemplating his wife’s vagina or ass.
• Seeing a large private apartment made of clay or concrete in one’s home that was not there before: A good woman will enter the house. If the apartment is plastered or made of bricks, an obscene and hypocritical woman will appear.
Ear Dream Explanation
— The ear symbolizes the man’s wife or daughter. It also represents religion.
• Having three ears: The dreamer has a wife and two daughters.
• Having four ears: (1) The dreamer has four women. (2) He has four girls without a mother.
• Having one ear: No relative will stay alive.
• Having half an ear: Wife will die and the dreamer will remarry.
• One ear having fallen: (1) Will divorce. (2) A daughter will die.
• Wearing an earring: Will marry one’s daughter to someone, and she will give birth to a male child.
• Filling or obstructing one’s ears with something: The dreamer is an atheist.
• Having many ears: (1) The dreamer rejects right and justice. (2) Good dream for a person who wishes to have someone who obeys him, like the wife, the children, and the bondsmen. (3) Bad dream for the underdog, meaning that he will perpetually listen and obey. (4) Will be convicted and hear the sentence. (5) Will triumph over opponents, if any.
• A rich person seeing plenty of beautifully assorted ears: Will hear good news, which will make him feel merry. The reverse is also true.
• Seeing two eyes in one’s ears: Will become blind. The dreamer will hear with his ears what he used to see with his eyes.
• An unidentified old man cutting off the dreamer’s ears: Will have to pay double compensation and damage.
• Severing a man’s ear: (1) The dreamer is betraying that man with his family or child. (2) The dreamer’s prosperity and prestige will wane.
• Dreaming that one’s two ears have been cut: (1) If wife is pregnant, she will die. (2) If the dreamer is a bachelor, a female relative will die.
one’s ear: Will receive good news.
Bathroom Dream Explanation
— According to Imam Jaafar Al-Sadeq (see biography at the beginning of this book), the bathroom could symbolize seven things: (1) The patriarch of the family. (2) A valuable woman. (3) Troubles and unhappiness. (4) A debt. (5) Delay or obstacles. (6) Confirmation or a seal. (7) A loan. For other interpreters, including Ibn Siren and Al-Kirmani:
• Building a bathroom or seeing one in good shape is a bad omen.
• Dreaming of a devastated bathroom is good.
• Dreaming of simply seeing a bathroom means worries and troubles.
• Dreaming of washing in a bathroom means joy and happiness. However, if the water is lukewarm, it is a good dream. If the water is too hot, it is a bad dream.
• Dreaming of using a scented soap while washing and cleaning
oneself in a bathroom: (1) For a rich man means financial losses, unless he had not washed till the scent was gone. (2) Otherwise, it means relief from fear or, conversely, deep trouble, weakness, or debts.
• Dreaming of drinking hot water in a bathroom means one will have a fever or pleurisy.
• Dreaming of seeing a bathroom in one’s lane or district means the emergence of a lewd woman or an adulteress there.
• A man dreaming that he has become a bathroom attendant means he will marry a beautiful woman.
• A lady dreaming that she has become a bathroom attendant means she is trying to manage her own affairs and promote her interests.
• A man dreaming that he is building a bathroom means he will marry.
• If one dreams of entering a bathroom the hotter the water, the more worries, anger or fury, sickness, evil, and deep troubles. They probably should be expected from the female side, including jail, and especially if the dreamer had washed with such a hot water.
Tooth Dream Explanation
— The teeth symbolize all those living in the house of the dreamer. The upper ones are the men, the lower the women, the canine tooth the patriarch of the family, the right central incisor the father, the left the uncle or father’s brother. Otherwise, the latter two teeth represent two brothers or two sons or two friends who are brothers. The lateral incisor is the cousin or son of the brother’s father; the premolars are the mother’s brothers or sisters or their substitutes. The molars are the grandparents and little male children. The lower right central incisor is the mother, the lower left central incisor the father’s sister. In other interpretations, the latter two refer to two sisters or two daughters, or similar persons. The lower lateral incisor represents the daughters of the father’s brothers and sisters. The lower canine is the first lady of the family. The lower premolars are the daughters of the uncle and aunt from the mother’s side. The lower molars are the remote female relatives on the man’s side and the little girls. It could also be that the mouth represents the house and the teeth its dwellers. Teeth decaying, falling, or being lost means disappearance, hardships, or death. Their retrieval means recovery or return of the lost or absent. Teeth dashing against each other means a dispute or a controversy in the house. Sores in the mouth mean something is wrong with the family. Dirty teeth allude to the notoriety or bad reputation of the house. Plaque or the yellow incrustation on the teeth is a sign that the family is weak. Cleaning
them means that money will be spent to end family worries. The whiteness, length, and beauty of the teeth symbolize strength, money, and prestige.
• Dreaming of an incisor growing over a current one: A new member will join the household. But if pain ensues, it means that the newcomer will bring about shame and troubles.
• Extracting one’s teeth: The dreamer is not supporting his family or is spending unwillingly.
• Throwing one’s teeth by pushing them with the tongue: The dreamer’s family will be harmed by foolish statements on the dreamer’s part.
• Teeth made of gold: Good dream for a scholar or an orator; otherwise it means disease or a fire.
• Having silver teeth: Financial losses.
• Having glass or wooden teeth: Death.
• In general, falling teeth mean obstacles or the settlement of debts.
• Teeth falling without pain: Hopes will be dashed.
• Teeth falling with pain: Something will disappear from the dreamer’s house. The front teeth falling: The dreamer will be unable to achieve something by pleading. If there is pain or blood or flesh being snatched, hopes will be dashed.
• The front teeth falling and others pushing instead: Things will change or be rearranged.
• The upper teeth falling into one’s hand: Money is coming.
• The upper teeth falling on one’s knees: A male child will be born.
• Teeth falling on the ground: Death.
• Teeth growing in the heart: Death.
• Catching a falling tooth and refraining from burying it: Will give advice to whomever that tooth refers to.
• All the teeth of healthy, free persons, or travellers falling: (1) Long disease. (2) Troubles of all kinds but no death, because the teeth of those who die do not fall. Therefore, the same dream is a good one for those who are already ill. It means that they will recover fast. (3) For travelling merchants the dream means that their luggage or cargo is light, especially if the teeth were seen moving.
• All the teeth falling, but catching them up in one’s sleeve or seeing them falling on the knees: Will live long, till all the teeth fall, and will have a large family at home.
• Teeth falling and picking them up with one’s hand or beard: The dreamer’s children will break with him; no more children will be born, and if ever one is born he will not stay to be brought up by the dreamer.
• All the teeth falling and disappearing from the dreamer’s sight: (1) His family or his household will die before him. (2) People of his generation or of the same age will die.
• People chewing the dreamer’s flesh or biting him with their teeth: The dreamer should be modest, which he is not.
• Teeth breaking: The dreamer will settle his debts, little by little.
• The teeth getting longer and bigger: A dispute or rivalry in the dreamer’s house between members of his family.
• Someone whose teeth are black, eroded, and twisted dreaming that they have fallen: Will overcome all kinds of hardships.
• Dreaming of brushing or cleaning
one’s teeth with a piece of wood (Arabic: miswak) as the Holy Prophet used to do: The dreamer is supporting his parents and good to his relatives.
• Brushing one’s teeth with something unclean: The dreamer is spending dirty money beyond his will.
• Having pain in one tooth or a molar: The dreamer will hear something bad from the relative whom that tooth represents inasmuch as the pain was severe.
Feces Dream Explanation
— (Defecate; Excrete; Human excrements) Feces in a dream represent money. Excreting solid intestinal waste in a dream means that one will spend large amounts of money in caring for his health. Having diarrhea and defecating in public in a dream means that one should be careful about exposing himself or becoming subject to a scandal or saying dirty words. Excreting involuntarily, then cleaning
after oneself and carrying one's pickings in a dream means earnings and money. Feces in a dream also mean honey. Defecating in one's bed in a dream means divorcing one's wife. Walking on Feces in a dream means distress or depression. Walking away from the bathroom after cleansing one's bowels in a dream means walking away from adversities. Falling into the sewers or a toilet bowl in a dream means entering a prison. Defecating in one's pants in a dream means falling into sin, humiliation, speaking bad words or using despicable expressions. Feces in a dream also represent money, hidden secrets, travels, a fight, recovering from an illness, bad thoughts, whispering of the mind, temptation or trusts. The smell of Feces in a dream represents a fine, or overdoing one's duty, or a miscarriage for a pregnant woman. To sally one's clothing with someone's Feces in a dream means borrowing money from him or carrying his favor for a long time to come. Feces in a dream also denote earnings from an unjust and a loathsome person. Excreting in a dream also means dispelling one's worries or getting rid of one's burdens. If one excretes in the ablution room in his dream, it means that his spending or deeds are recognized to be a fulfillment of his desires, ostentatiousness and love for fame. If one excretes in an unknown place in a dream, it means that his deeds will not be acknowledged, nor will he receive any reward for them. Going to the bathroom in a dream means dispelling one's worries, paying one's debts or paying an unavoidable alimony for his children. Putting a shirt in the wilderness and defecating inside it rather than in the field in a dream means committing a sin and carrying its consequences for sometime to come. Excreting in the wilderness, then covering one's Feces with dirt in a dream means hiding money. To defecate in a marketplace in public in a dream means incurring Allah's displeasure and the curse of His angels. Throwing Feces at someone in a dream means starting a fight or opposing him in opinion, being unjust to him, or causing him great losses. The consequences also may backfire at the assailant. If one sees himself standing inside the sewers and searching through the filth with a stick in his dream, it means that he might become a judge and be accused of bribery or misuse of people's money. Seeing human excrements in a dream means abstraction of movement, stalling of businesses, or facing complex and harmful adversities. To soil oneself with people's Feces in a dream means sickness or fear, or it could mean good benefits for a person whose acts are filthy and abominable. (Also see Impurity)
Bird Dream Explanation
— (Fowl; Man; Woman) An unknown bird in a dream represents the angel of death. If one sees a bird diving to the ground to pick a pebble, a paper, or a worm, then if he soars away from a house that hosts a sick person in a dream, it means that the sick person will shortly die from his illness. If one sees a bird diving toward him in a dream, it means a journey. If one sees him standing over his head, or over his shoulders, or sitting in his lap in a dream, it denotes one's work or profession. If the bird is white in the dream, it means that one's work is clean, If his color is tanned in the dream, it means that one's work is tainted. If a male bird sits in the lap of a pregnant woman in a dream, it means that she will beget a boy. If a female bird sits in her lap in a dream, it means that she will beget a girl. Large or predatory birds in a dream represent kings, presidents, leaders, tyrants, men of knowledge or merchants. Water birds, sea gulls, etcetera, represent honorable people who rose in rank in two spheres, the sphere of water and that of the air. They also could mean a journey. If they quack in the dream, they represent lamenting or crying. Singing birds in a dream represent musicians and singers. To see a flock of birds in a dream means money and power and particularly for someone who tends them or cares for them. Seeing birds flying over one's head means gaining authority and power. If one sees birds flying inside his house or shop in a dream, it means angels. If a bird flies into one's hand in a dream, it means glad tidings. A bird in a dream also means work. An unknown bird in a dream means a warning, an advice or an admonition. If one's bird looks beautiful in a dream, it denotes the quality of his work. If one sees himself in a dream carrying an ugly looking bird, it also denotes the quality of his actions or that a messenger may bring him good news. An unknown bird means profits. To see black colored birds in a dream denote bad deeds, while white colored birds represent good deeds. Colored birds in a dream represent mixed actions. Seeing a bird in a dream also could mean honor, power, authority ornament or profits. A bird in a dream also represents a fun and a most entertaining companion. A bird in a dream also represents a boy. If one slaughters a bird in his dream, it means that he will beget a child who will live in sickness during his childhood and that his father will fear for his death. It is said that a bird in a dream also represents a rich and a tricky leader who constantly fights for his earnings and to insure his success or superiority. A bird in a dream also represents a beautiful woman. The singing of birds in a dream means hearing good words or receiving a valuable knowledge. A flock of birds in a dream represents easy earned wealth. A bird in a dream also represents a boy. Capturing a bird in a dream means having control over a powerful person. Killing a bird in a dream means fulfilling one's goal. Plucking the feathers, cleaning
and eating a bird in a dream means earnings, prosperity, or a woman. Slaughtering a bird in a dream means raping one's servant. Holding a bird in one's hand or having it inside a cage in a dream means a sickness that will befall one's son. If the bird flies away from one's hand or from its cage in a dream, then it means one's death. A flock of birds in a dream also represents gatherings of love, unity, family reunions and celebrations. However, the gathering of birds in a dream also could mean banding to commit wrong or the dispersal of one's family or friends, or it could mean business losses. (Also see Blackbird; Bustard; Nest; Osprey; Roller)
Satan Dream Explanation
— Seeing the accursed one in a dream means evil, sin, lying, stealing, jealousy, sorcery, separation between husband and wife, disdain from performing one's prayers, or it could mean preaching falsehood. Seeing the accursed one in a dream also means propagation of an invented world or ideas. If in a dream one becomes Satan, it is interpreted as loosing one's sight. If one kills Satan in a dream, it means that he will deceive and conquer a deceiver and an evil person. In a dream, the accursed Satan also represents an enemy of the body and the soul. He deceives, cheats, disbelieves, as well as he is ungrateful, jealous, capricious, arrogant, heedless, impetuous, or he could represent a leader, a minister, a judge, a policeman, a man of knowledge, a preacher, a hypocrite, or one's own family and children. Seeing Satan in a dream also means villainy, dirt, passion and sexual devilry. If one sees Satan attacking him in a dream, it means that he earns his money from usury. If Satan touches him in a dream, it means that someone is slandering or trying to deceive his wife. If one is sick or under stress, and if he sees Satan touching him in a dream, it means that he will put his hand on material wealth. If one is suffering from the consequences of devilry while he recognizes his trials and remains steadfast in remembering Allah Almighty and calling upon Him for help in a dream, it means that he has many enemies trying to deceive him or to destroy him, though they will eventually fail, and in turn, they will be defeated by Allah's leave. If one sees Satan following him in a dream, it means that an enemy is pursuing him to deceive him, and consequently one will lose his status, rank and the benefits of his knowledge. If one sees himself inwardly talking with Satan in a dream, it means that he will join hands with his own enemy, and his strike will be against the righteous people, though he will ultimately fail. If one sees Satan teaching him something in a dream, it means that he will fabricate a story, speak falsehood, or recite poems filled with lies. If one sees that Satan has descended upon him in a dream, it means that he engages in falsehood and sin. If one sees himself presiding over a band of satans, controlling them, commanding them, and if they obey him in the dream, it means that he will receive a seat of honor and he will be feared by his friend and foes. If one ties Satan with chains in a dream, it means that he will win victory in his life together with might and fame. If one sees himself deceived by a group of satans in a dream, it means that he will suffer financial losses or lose his job. If Satan strips someone from his clothing in a dream, it means that the latter will lose a battle to an enemy. If one sees Satan whispering something in his ear in dream, it means that he will be dismissed from his job. If one sees himself defying and fighting Satan in a dream, it means that he is a true and a strong believer who obeys his Lord and who holds fast to his religious obligations. If Satan frightens him in a dream, it means that the latter is a sincere deputy and a protege of Allah Almighty, and that Allah will safeguard him from any fear of the accursed Satan or his army. If one sees a meteor or a flame shooting at Satan in the skies in a dream, it means that there is an enemy of Allah Almighty in that locality. If that person is a ruler, then his secrets will be exposed, and if he is a judge, it means that a just punishment will befall him for his injustice. If one sees Satan happy in a dream, it means that he engages in sensuality, passion and loathsome actions. In general, Satan is a weak enemy, if one sees himself fighting him with resoluteness in a dream, it shows that he is a religious and a pious person. If Satan swallows someone or penetrates inside his body in dream, it means a fright, losses and sufferings. Satan in a dream also represents builders or ocean divers who work as spies. Seeing them in a dream also could mean backbiting or slandering. If one sees himself as a Satan in a dream, it means that he constantly frowns with people and that he is quick to harm them, or that he may work at cleaning
sewers, or perhaps he may perish in a fire, or die as a heedless person.
Fish Dream Explanation
— (Sea Life; Human being) In a dream, if their number is known, fish represent women, but if their number is not known, then they represent money from a doubtful source. If one sees a fish colony gathering at seabed, where he is fishing, bringing them up and eating them raw as he pleases, or if he places them into baskets and divides them into lots in the dream, it means that he will prosper and invest his wealth in different ventures and savings plans. A whale in a dream represents the minister of sea life, while the sea itself represents the king or the country. A whale in a pond with his jaws opened in a dream represents a prison. A large fish colony in a dream represents despised earnings, or earning a large amount money one is accountable for its expenditure. Fishing in a well means homosexuality, or it could represent someone who tries to tempt his servant or his assistant to indulge in a loathsome act. If one sees himself fishing in murky waters in a dream, it conveys evil, sorrows, or distress however it may happen. If one sees himself fishing in clear waters in a dream, it means money or hearing nice words or conceiving a son, while fishing in salty waters in a dream means difficulties. If one sees himself fishing with a fishhook in a dream, it means excitement, pleasure or losing benefits. A soft skin fish in a dream means benefits for someone intending to trick or to swindle people's money. Mostly fishing with a pole and a fishhook in a dream means difficulties or slow coming benefits, or a slow and loose business. Any large cyprinoid freshwater fish or a barbel fish (cyprinus bynni; barbus) in a dream denote positive benefits for someone intending marriage or to enter into a business partnership. Seeing a herring or any of its clupeid type fish in a dream represent evil work or toiling for something one will never get. A fish in the pond in a dream is also a sign of benefits, though may be little benefits. Seeing dead fish floating in the water in a dream has an ominous connotation, or they could represent a hopeless case. Taking fish from the water and eating them alive means profits, or an appointment to a high raking position in wakefulness. In a dream, if a sick man or a traveller finds fish in his bed it also connotes bad or a painful sickness or suffering from arthritis, or he may drown because he would be sleeping with them. Seeing sea fish covered with salt in a dream means lasting richness, because fish are preserved in salt, or it could mean burdens. If one's wife is pregnant and he sees a fish coming out of his male organ in a dream, it means that his wife will beget a son. If a fish comes out of his mouth, then it means speaking ill of a woman. A fried fish in a dream means that one's prayers will be answered. A broiled fish in a dream means travels or seeking knowledge. A large fish in a dream means money, while a small fish means difficulties, burdens and stress, because it carries more spikes than meat, beside, small fish are more difficult to eat. Mixed sized of different kinds offish in a dream represent money, trouble, liking social events or mixing with all types of people, the good and the bad ones. Buying a fish in a dream may mean marriage. Eating a rotten fish in a dream means pursuing adultery and avoiding a lawful marriage. If one sees himself attempting painstakingly to catch a whale in a small pond in a dream, it means money that he will fight for, though he cannot get hold of it without having to cross major obstacles. If one finds a pearl or two in the belly of a fish in a dream, it means that he will marry a rich woman and conceives one or two sons with her. If he finds a ring in the belly of the fish in a dream, it means that he will gain authority and might. Finding fat in the belly of a fish in a dream means acquiring money from a woman. Seeing oneself fishing on a dry land means committing adultery, a sin, or it could mean hearing good news. Catching a fish with excessive bones and scales denotes the necessity to pay one's dues or to distribute alms tax on one's liquid assets, because one cannot enjoy his catch unless he first cleanse it. Seeing sea fish swimming toward sweet waters, or river fish swimming toward the sea in a dream means hypocrisy, falsehood or the rise of an innovator or an impostor. If one sees fish swimming on the water surface in a dream, it means ease in attaining his goals, exposing secrets, unveiling hidden past, reviewing old books or redistributing an old inheritance. If one sees fish that have the look of human beings in a dream, it means business, trading or meeting with an interpreter, or a translator, or associating with people of good character. If such fish with a human face look beautiful, then one's companions are good. Otherwise, if the fish look ugly in the dream, then it means that he has associated himself with evil companions. If one sees an aquarium in his house filled with all types of catfish, or angelfish or similar fish that live in a home aquarium in a dream, it means being charitable or taking care of orphans or adopting children. If one sees himself reaching with his hand to the bottom of the seabed to catch fish in a dream, it means that he will acquire extensive knowledge in his profession and prosper from his trade. Otherwise, it could mean that one will become a spy. If the sea opens and unveils its treasures, and if one catches a goldfish from its belly in the dream, it means that Allah Almighty will reveal new spiritual knowledge to him in order to help him understand his religion and to receive guidance. If the goldfish leaves his hand and returns to the sea in the dream, it means that he will join the company of righteous people and saints from whom he will learn about the inner spiritual knowledge, or that he will find a good companion for a journey he intends. If one eats a fish without cleaning
or cooking it in a dream, it means that he will speak ill of his own friends, slander his associates, commit adultery, acquire money from trickery and falsehood, or become inflicted with a dangerous disease or suffer from a stroke. If one sees fish on the shore rather than in the water in a dream, it means that he may change his profession. The different types of fish in a dream represent human beings and their professions. A fish in a dream also could mean that death will take place where it is found, because of the departure of its soul, its stench, weight and one's responsibility to bury the deceased. Eating a fish in a dream also means receiving easy, lawful and enjoyable earnings. (Also see Meat)
Serpent Dream Explanation
— The serpent in the dream symbolizes man’s enemy, in general, since Satan used it to let Adam eat the forbidden fruit. The size of such an enemy is commensurate with the serpent’s length, diameter, strength, venom, et cetera. But no enemy is worse and more terrible than a black snake. The water snake represents support to the unjust and more power to the ruler or chief. The serpent or snake also symbolizes: (1) A powerful and rich enemy (for the venom refers to money) who conceals his hostility and has a strong name and ugly face. (2) Hostility of one’s own family, spouse, or children, in view of verse 14 of the Quranic surah or chapter “Al-Taghabun” (Mutual Disillusion), which reads as follows: “O ye who believe! Lo! among your wives and your children there are enemies for you, therefore beware of them. And if ye efface and overlook and forgive, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.” (3) A demon. (4) An atheist or a heretic. (5) A woman. (6) A boy or an offspring. (7) The dweller in the valley. (8) A high post. (9) A chief. (10) A treasure. (11) One’s bread or livelihood. (12) The dreamer’s endeavours. (13) Waters, streams, or a torrent resulting from heavy rain, in view of the similarity between the movement of snakes and fluids. (14) A highway bandit. (15) A covetous and spiteful neighbour who casts an evil eye on whatever he sees. (16) Evil, covetousness, fraud, deceit, wickedness (like the snake’s tortuous movement), and open animosity. (17) An adulterer or an adulteress, in view of their character and bites. (18) Death.
• Dominating or owning a snake: Will wield tremendous power.
• A snake swallowing the dreamer’s penis: His wife has committed adultery.
• A white snake: A bitter enemy. If the dreamer lifts it up, it means he will be promoted.
• A black snake surrounded by smaller ones: Will have more servants and black slaves.
• A green snake: Beware of two enemies.
• A yellow snake: A sick and weak enemy.
• A red snake: An enemy has the backing of his tribe or clan.
• A snake with paws or feet: Powerful enemies.
• A smooth and slippery winged snake: (1) The treasure of a king or a royal gift, in case the dreamer manages to handle it as he wills. (2) The dreamer’s luck.
• A small snake of whatever color: (1) A weak enemy. (2) A small boy or a son. (3) A hostile family member.
• A horned viper showing its fangs: Beware of a huge and spiteful enemy or: If the dreamer is a minister, he will be given a portfolio. If the dreamer is a merchant, he will achieve gains.
• A metal snake, especially one made of gold or silver: Benefits.
• Snake meat and grease: Legitimate seizure of a foe’s money (i.e., spoils of war) and immunity from the venom of that enemy.
• Eating raw snake meat: Will triumph over the enemy and enjoy seizing his money.
• Eating cooked snake meat: Will triumph over the enemy and gain blessed money through Jihad (holy war).
• Being poisoned and seeing the stomach swelling after eating cooked snake meat: Will be harmed and lose heavily to an enemy after challenging him. If the poison acts till the dreamer’s flesh and bones disintegrate, he will fight an enemy and his children will be scattered all over the country. In case he dies from that food poisoning, he will die at the hands of an enemy.
• Being bitten by a snake: Will sustain as much harm at the enemy’s hands as the bite was strong.
• A snake talking to the dreamer nice and soft: Fantastic welfare.
• A snake talking harshly to the dreamer: Troubles and sorrow are ahead but will ultimately disappear.
• Seeing a dead snake: An enemy that God will remove or keep in awe.
• Mastering a bunch of black serpents: Will lead armies and become a great king.
• Catching and mastering a slippery snake without using any weapon and without any ensuing harm: Will seize a king’s treasure.
• Seeing a snake and getting scared: Fear.
• Fearing a snake without seeing it: Will be safe from enemies.
• Seeing a snake without getting scared, but escaping from it: Pain and sorrow.
• Frightening a snake: Will escape enemy harm.
• Introducing a snake in one’s house: Will be deceived or tricked by an enemy.
• Seeing one’s home full of snakes without fearing them: Will give shelter to the enemies of Muslims and to people of all seasons and whims. Someone told Ibn Siren he had seen his house full of snakes, to which the interpreter replied, “Fear God and do not give shelter to the Muslims enemy.” Likewise, a woman told the great seer that another lady had seen in her dream two burrows from which a couple of snakes had come out. Thereupon two men drew milk from the snakes heads. “Snakes do not give milk, but hood. That woman will be visited by two leaders of the Khawarej who will invite her to join their sect, nay to insult the two sheikhs, God bless them [the caliphs Ali Ibn Taleb and Muawiyah],” said Ibn Siren.
• Snakes getting in and out the dreamer’s house without harm: Enemies from the house or from amongst relatives.
• Snakes getting in and out of a house other than the dreamer’s: Hostile strangers.
• A snake leaving a house: The house will be destroyed or devastated, and its inhabitants will perish.
• Catching a snake: Will challenge the enemy and take a booty in all safety in view of verse 21 of the Quranic surah or chapter “Ta-Ha” which reads as follows: “He (God) said: Grasp it [O Moses!] and fear not. We shall return it to its former state.”
• Fighting and killing a snake: Will overcome an enemy. If the snake’s blood is seen spurting and staining the dreamer’s hands, he will kill that enemy and grab his wealth. In case he has burnt the snake, the ruler or chief will kill his enemies. But if the snake has managed to escape, the enemies will flee the country or stay away for some time.
• Killing a snake: (1) Death of a young boy. (2) Will marry a woman.
• A man killing a snake in his bed: His wife will die.
• Taking a snake off one’s collar and cutting it in three pieces: The dreamer will divorce his wife three times. A man told Ibn Siren, “I saw myself following a snake that crept till it entered its burrow. There I had a cleaning
cloth in my hand, so I sealed the hole with it.” “Are you engaged to a woman?” asked Ibn Siren. “Yes.” “You will marry and inherit from her.” And so it was. The man married the lady, who soon died and left him seven thousand currency units.
• Cutting a snake in two: Will win a case over the enemy’s dead boy. Taking the two parts afterward means that the dreamer will win over to his cause an enemy chief along with his children and followers.
• Cutting a snake in two and finding that its skin is made of gold: Will find one of the treasures of King Chosroe (king of Persia).
• Cutting a snake in three pieces: Will challenge and beat one’s foes and subdue three enemies: A chief, a rich man, and one who has many children and followers.
• The strong rise of the snake’s body and the appearance of its fangs: Enemy power and shrewdness.
• Turning into a snake: Change of attitude. Will become the enemy of Muslims.
• A small white snake in one’s pocket or sleeve that inspires no fear: The dreamer’s efforts and perseverance.
• A snake coming out of one’s sleeve: The dreamer’s son will become hostile to him.
• A snake following the dreamer as he walks: His enemy is trying to outsmart him.
• A snake creeping between the dreamer’s hands or turning around him: His enemies are socializing or mixing with him in one way or another but cannot harm him.
• Snakes fighting each other to the death in a souk, or marketplace: War will break out and the enemies will be crushed.
• Seeing snakes fighting in every direction and killing one of them: (1) If the dead snake is big and strong, the dreamer will control the area where the battle was seen. (2) If it is a common snake, the dreamer will kill one of the king’s soldiers. (3) If the snake is climbing to a certain height, the dreamer will taste comfort, joy, and happiness.
• A snake tumbling from a high place: A leader will die in that place.
• A snake coming out of the earth: Suffering at that spot.
• One’s garden full of snakes: The garden will flourish, its herbs will grow, and flowers will blossom.
• Body snakes (worms): A reference to the dreamer’s children and other relatives who sit at his table and share his meals. Their exodus is a tragedy that will befall the household.
• A snake going in and out of a small town or district: A demon will bring the dreamer grief and sorrow.
• A snake entering the mouth: (1) Enemies will be defeated. (2) Will acquire a great knowledge.
• A snake coming out of a healthy person’s mouth: Will be betrayed or harmed by his own statements or will calumniate someone.
• A sick person dreaming that snakes are coming out of his mouth: Will pass away.
• A snake coming out of the penis s aperture: Will have a boy.
• A snake getting out of the penis, then in, then out again: The organ will fail the dreamer.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s nose, breast, back, or penis: Will have a male child who might grow to become an enemy.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s ear, belly, vagina, or anus: Will commit a sin and give up religious faith, or the dreamer’s children might turn inimical.
• The dreamer tightening a snake around his waist: Will wear a money belt.
• Grasping snakes and throwing them away: The dreamer’s family or other relatives will bring him a tragedy.
• Killing a snake and lifting it or cutting it and lifting it: Will triumph over enemies and grab their booty.
• Lifting a white snake: Promotion.
• Being surrounded by a large number of snakes: The dreamer’s folk and supporters will turn against him, but none of them will harm him, if no snake has bitten him in the dream.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s collar or anus and going into the earth: His time is over.
• Catching a harmless snake as it passes: Money.
• Dominating a big serpent: Will obtain a high post.
• Seeing a snake on one’s head: Will be prominent at the royal court.
• A container full of snakes: Animosity toward Muslims.
| || |