| |Cleaning Dream Explanation
— (See Sweeping the floor)
Garbage Dream Explanation
— (Money; Refuse; Trash) Seeing garbage
in a dream is good news for poor people, though it represents bad news for rich people. Garbage
also could mean money or receiving a variety of merchandises. (Also see Sanitation; Sweeping the floor; Trash collector)
Garbage dump Dream Explanation
— (Dump; Garbage) In a dream, a garbage
dump represents the world and its refuse represents money. If one's house becomes a garbage
dump, or if one buys or inherits a dump, or if he manages one in a dream, it means dispelling fear, recovering from illness or pursuing the road to prosperity and success in this world. It also means dispelling poverty, receiving an inheritance or getting married. Otherwise, the dump represents one's business, office or store. As for a governor, a garbage
dump in a dream represents his treasury. If one takes off his clothing and stands naked on top of a pile of trash in a dream, it means that he will lose his office, and if he is sick, it means his death, and if he is wealthy, it means renouncing his wealth and status, or pursuing an ascetic life.
Sweeping the floor Dream Explanation
— (Cleaning; Sanitation) Sweeping the floor, or caring for the floor matt or carpet in a dream means to care for one's community or family. Sweeping dirt or cleaning
a floor in a dream means financial benefits for people who do that professionally. Sweeping someone else's house in a dream means receiving money from him. If a rich person sees himself sweeping a floor in a dream, it means poverty, or loss of a business. (Also see Cleaner; Garbage; Sanitation; Trash collector)
Cleaner Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a floor cleaner represents someone who investigates people's conditions and likes to help them. Cleaning
throughout a farmland in a dream means seeking the company of righteous people. Cleaning
through a vineyard in a dream means investigating the living condition of a woman. Cleaning
a tree in a dream means investigating the living conditions of religious people. Sweeping a street in a dream means travelling an equal distance to such a street. If one sees himself cleaning
the road to Mecca in a dream, it means that he will perform a pilgrimage. Cleaning
through a grass field without knowing the owner in a dream means becoming a renunciate. Cleaning
the floors of someone's house in a dream means finding how he is doing. (Also see Sweeping the floor; Washer; Washing)
Sanitation Dream Explanation
— (Garbage; Refuse; Sweeping) Sanitation in a dream means profits for its professionals, a street sweeper, or a garbage
collector. If a poor person sees himself engaged in such a profession in his dream, it means easing of his difficulties, and making money from a new employment. If a rich person sees himself managing such a business in his dream, it means profits, leadership, honor and earning everyone's respect. (Also see Garbage; Sweeping the floor; Trash collector)
Earwax Dream Explanation
— (Auditory meatus; Cerumen) If one sees himself cleaning
the yellowish wax like secretion found in the canal of his external ear, or if he is cleaning
it from someone else's ears in a dream, it means that he will acquire a needed antidote or poison or become free from the plot of envious people. If one cleanse his ears from earwax or from other dirt in a dream, it means that he will hear good and pleasing news. If one sees himself eating the earwax he extracts from his own ears in a dream, it means that he is a child molester. Cleaning
the wax of one's ears in a dream also means hearing pleasing news. (Also see Ear)
Trash collector Dream Explanation
— (Garbage) A trash collector in a dream represents a deprived person, someone who toils hard to serve others, or someone who struggles hard to comfort others. A trash collector in a dream also represents a short lived richness, a short lived poverty, or a stingy person who keeps hoarding money. (Also see Garbage; Sanitation; Sweeping the floor; Trash)
Refuse Dream Explanation
— (See Garbage)
Dump Dream Explanation
— (See Garbage
Scattering pearls on the Road or in the Market Place Dream Explanation
— If a person sees himself scattering pearls on the road, in a garbage
or in the market place it means he will acquire knowledge and wisdom and will teach it to unworthy people.
A Turtle Walking on the Road Dream Explanation
— Seeing a turtle walking on the road or in a garbage
or in a dumping place means that the inhabitants of that place have little or no regard for Islamic knowledge. They will soon be deprived of Ilm and Ulama.
Hobo Dream Explanation
— (Bummer; Cadger; Homeless; Tramp; Wastrel) A hobo wandering in the streets, collecting refuse and litters from garbage
cans and rubbish in a dream represents someone who accumulates both lawful and unlawful earnings, or someone who divulges or exposes people's secrets, or launders their private lives, or someone who does not mind his own business and asks questions that are of no concern to him. (Also see Beggar; Poverty)
Filth Dream Explanation
— (Dirt) Dirty hair, a soiled garment, or a filthy body in a dream mean distress and worries. Dirty clothing in a dream mean sins. If the dirt comprises oil or grease in the dream, it means attachment to mundane and material objects. Washing one's clothe in a dream means repenting from sin and washing them away. Cleaning
off the wax in one's ears in a dream means hearing pleasing words. (Also see Cloth; Dirty face; Garment)
Turtle Dream Explanation
— The turtle is among the human beings who were metamorphosed, according to religious belief, as a result of a curse. The turtle or tortoise symbolizes: (1) A woman who adorns herself, uses a lot of cosmetics and perfume, and offers herself to men. (2) The chief justice, as the turtle is the most knowledgeable marine creature (according to Ibn Siren). (3) A scholar and a worshiper who reads the Holy Quran.
• A turtle in a garbage
can: The people of the area have a scholar but do not know his value.
• Eating tortoise meat: Money and knowledge.
Toothbrush Dream Explanation
— (Boy; Broom; Employee) A toothbrush in a dream is a sign of hygienic conditions, prosperity, purity, cleanliness, repentance, or asking someone for forgiveness. Brushing and cleaning
one's teeth in a dream is also a sign of being religious, a family person, a concerned relative and a generous kin. If one sees himself brushing his teeth, and if his gums bleed in the dream, it means that he will become free from his sins and curtail his evildoing, or it could mean the opposite, that is to proceed with abhorrent actions, cause harm to one's own family, steal their money, or defame them. Brushing one's teeth in a dream also could mean reservation and prudence with one's words, purifying oneself from sin, faith after disbelief, paying one's debts, doing what pleases Allah Almighty, fulfilling one's promises, a pregnancy, or a marriage. (Also see Broom)
Wooden bowl Dream Explanation
— (Bowl) In a dream, a wooden bowl represents the world, or earning money from a business during a trip, while a porcelain or a ceramic bowl in a dream signifies earnings from a local business. A bowl in a dream also represents one's condition, state, or the management of his affairs. Licking a bowl, or licking one's fingers after cleaning
the bowl with one's hand in a dream means consuming one's share in this world and the nearing of one's death. A wooden bowl in a dream also represents a woman, a housekeeper, the workplace, or one's shop. If one sees a gathering of people or scholars partaking in a sweet meal from a large wooden bowl in a dream, it represents a community project that unites people's hearts and allows them to share their knowledge. If one sees a group of people gathering to eat a fish or a piece of rotten meat in a dream, it means that a group of evil people are gathered to take advantage of a prostitute. (Also see Bowl)
Home Dream Explanation
— The distinction is very vague in Arabic between the words dar and bayt, both meaning “house” or “home.” But after consulting a knowledgeable colleague (a Moroccan ambassador and man of letters), the author assumes that dar is more likely to mean a house as a structure or an apartment block and bayt a room, an apartment, or simply home. However, in the ancient Arab texts the writer often jumps from one meaning to another, and I have taken real pain trying to disentangle them, as usual. Home symbolizes the man’s wife sheltered under his roof and to whom he goes, whence the expression “He went home.” Therefore, home and wife are synonyms. The door is her vagina or her face, the closet or the safe a maiden, like the dreamer’s daughter, whom he does not penetrate, as they are covered or hidden places in which he does not sleep. The servants quarters symbolize the servant (s). The place where cereals are stored is the mother, who used to keep the dreamer alive and let him grow by feeding him milk. The toilet represents those servants who are in charge of cleaning
and washing or the dreamer’s wife, whom he embraces and penetrates when isolated, i.e., away from his children and the rest of the household.
• Looking from the kowwa (a kind of small window in old houses): The dreamer is in the habit of contemplating his wife’s vagina or ass.
• Seeing a large private apartment made of clay or concrete in one’s home that was not there before: A good woman will enter the house. If the apartment is plastered or made of bricks, an obscene and hypocritical woman will appear.
Ear Dream Explanation
— The ear symbolizes the man’s wife or daughter. It also represents religion.
• Having three ears: The dreamer has a wife and two daughters.
• Having four ears: (1) The dreamer has four women. (2) He has four girls without a mother.
• Having one ear: No relative will stay alive.
• Having half an ear: Wife will die and the dreamer will remarry.
• One ear having fallen: (1) Will divorce. (2) A daughter will die.
• Wearing an earring: Will marry one’s daughter to someone, and she will give birth to a male child.
• Filling or obstructing one’s ears with something: The dreamer is an atheist.
• Having many ears: (1) The dreamer rejects right and justice. (2) Good dream for a person who wishes to have someone who obeys him, like the wife, the children, and the bondsmen. (3) Bad dream for the underdog, meaning that he will perpetually listen and obey. (4) Will be convicted and hear the sentence. (5) Will triumph over opponents, if any.
• A rich person seeing plenty of beautifully assorted ears: Will hear good news, which will make him feel merry. The reverse is also true.
• Seeing two eyes in one’s ears: Will become blind. The dreamer will hear with his ears what he used to see with his eyes.
• An unidentified old man cutting off the dreamer’s ears: Will have to pay double compensation and damage.
• Severing a man’s ear: (1) The dreamer is betraying that man with his family or child. (2) The dreamer’s prosperity and prestige will wane.
• Dreaming that one’s two ears have been cut: (1) If wife is pregnant, she will die. (2) If the dreamer is a bachelor, a female relative will die.
one’s ear: Will receive good news.
Bathroom Dream Explanation
— According to Imam Jaafar Al-Sadeq (see biography at the beginning of this book), the bathroom could symbolize seven things: (1) The patriarch of the family. (2) A valuable woman. (3) Troubles and unhappiness. (4) A debt. (5) Delay or obstacles. (6) Confirmation or a seal. (7) A loan. For other interpreters, including Ibn Siren and Al-Kirmani:
• Building a bathroom or seeing one in good shape is a bad omen.
• Dreaming of a devastated bathroom is good.
• Dreaming of simply seeing a bathroom means worries and troubles.
• Dreaming of washing in a bathroom means joy and happiness. However, if the water is lukewarm, it is a good dream. If the water is too hot, it is a bad dream.
• Dreaming of using a scented soap while washing and cleaning
oneself in a bathroom: (1) For a rich man means financial losses, unless he had not washed till the scent was gone. (2) Otherwise, it means relief from fear or, conversely, deep trouble, weakness, or debts.
• Dreaming of drinking hot water in a bathroom means one will have a fever or pleurisy.
• Dreaming of seeing a bathroom in one’s lane or district means the emergence of a lewd woman or an adulteress there.
• A man dreaming that he has become a bathroom attendant means he will marry a beautiful woman.
• A lady dreaming that she has become a bathroom attendant means she is trying to manage her own affairs and promote her interests.
• A man dreaming that he is building a bathroom means he will marry.
• If one dreams of entering a bathroom the hotter the water, the more worries, anger or fury, sickness, evil, and deep troubles. They probably should be expected from the female side, including jail, and especially if the dreamer had washed with such a hot water.
| || |