| |Kabah - Perhaps From Kubos, In Greek, Meaning “cube” Dream Explanation
— The holiest shrine for Muslims. A small, rectangular building made of gray stones in the court of the Grand Mosque at Mecca (Makkah) that contains remnants of the statues or idols that were worshiped in the pre-Islamic era, it is one of the goals of Islamic pilgrimage and the point toward which Muslims turn in praying. It is said to have been built by the Prophet Abraham, to whom the Archangel Gabriel gave the mysterious black stone placed in one of its corners at one and a half meters from the ground. Lucky pilgrims touch and/or kiss that stone. The Kabah symbolizes: (1) The Holy Quran, the imam, the mosque, Islam, the Tradition of the Muslims Holy Prophet, the father, et cetera. (2) A head of state. (3) A prime minister or a minister. (4) A chief.
• Seeing the Kabah: (1) Will get married. (2) Will visit or enter it. (3) Will do something good. (4) Will refrain from some evil deed.
• Praying at or inside the Kabah: Will have a conversation with chiefs and notables and be prosperous and secure as well as a well-doer.
• Taking something from the Kabah: Will obtain something from the ruler or chief, as the Kabah, in any dream, symbolizes the supreme authority in the state.
• One of the walls of the Kabah falling: The king will die.
• Heading toward the Kabah: The dreamer will become more religious.
• Stealing a pomegranate from the Kabah: The dreamer will have sex with a prohibited relative.
• Praying over the Kabah: The dreamer will become an apostate.
• Overstepping the Kabah: The dreamer is not following in the footsteps of the Holy Prophet and is mixing with the frivolous people or embracing their strange or alien sects.
• Seeing the Kabah in one’s house: The dreamer will marry an honest lady.
Lizard Dream Explanation
— (Bewitch; Free; Gecko; Independent; Wall gecko; Witch) Seeing a lizard
in a dream means greed, gluttony, or difference in opinion and taste. A lizard
in a dream also represents a person who swindles people's money. It also means a sickness, or it could represent a wicked, damned and abhorred person, or a lonesome person. Perhaps seeing a lizard
in a dream may mean suspicious or tainted money, someone of an unknown lineage, a reincarnated or transformed person in the form of a lizard
. Noting here that transformation of the human being into another creature in reality represents a divine punishment, though it may not last for more than three days. Allah knows best. (Also see Wall gecko; Monitor; Transformation)
Christian Dream Explanation
— (Also see Archbishop, Monk, Prelate, and Priest.) The word Nosrani used in the ancient Arab texts (plural, Nasara) is quite vague, as it could mean Nazarene, someone from Nazareth—a Christian—or Nazerite, a dissident Jew. But it generally means Christian
, whose exact translation should be Messihi from Messiah.
• Seeing a Nosrani: The dreamer will triumph over his rival in an outstanding dispute, because Nosrani comes from the Arabic Nosra, meaning
“triumph” or “victory.”
• Seeing a Nosrani while locked in battle: Will win.
• Being or becoming a Christian: (1) For a pious person: Will inherit one’s uncle or aunt (the mother’s brother or sister). (2) For a debauchee: Dissatisfaction with God’s bounty and sacrilege by insulting or speaking ill of God. (3) In case the dreamer refuses to eat from the food presented to him: He is dissatisfied with his lot and has committed many sins.
• Seeing an old Christian: A harmless enemy.
• Being a Nosrani: Perdition, heresy, and rejection of Islam.
• A Nosrani becoming a Muslim: (1) Will quickly embrace Islam. (2) Will soon pass away.
• A Nosrani changing faith: He is not a good Christian
• Standing up and sitting down with the Nasara: The dreamer is extremely sympathetic to them and loves them.
• A Nosrani committing a sacrilege toward Islam, like climbing the minaret of a mosque or standing at the mosque’s rostrum, et cetera: (1) A tragedy. (2) An atheist ruler will take over the reins of power. (3) The people of that area despise Islam.
• A Nosrani entering the Haram (the Holy Mosque in Mecca (Makkah) or Madinah): Will embrace Islam and be safe from whatever he is scared of.
Christian temple Dream Explanation
— (See Church; Temple)
Monitor lizard Dream Explanation
— (See Monitor)
Monitor Dream Explanation
— (zool. Lizard; Monitor lizard; Varanidae; Varanus Niloticus) A monitor lizard
in a dream represents a vile, mean and a contemptible enemy who has little determination, though he is feared, and who is short of proof.
Wall Gecko Dream Explanation
— (Lizard) A wall gecko in a dream represents an evil person who is proud of himself, who encourages mischief, and dampens people's spirit to do good. A gecko in a dream also represents a backbiter and a slanderer. Getting hold of a gecko in a dream means encountering such a person. Eating a gecko in a dream means backbiting people. If a gecko takes a bite from someone's flesh in a dream, it means that someone will speak ill of him in public. A gecko in a dream also represents an avowed enemy who incessantly belittles his opponent and who drives from one place to another. (Also see Lizard)
Pig Dream Explanation
— (Swine) In a dream, a pig represents someone who is devoid of human dignity, or someone who lacks integrity. (Also see Lizard; Transformation)
Armenian Dream Explanation
— The same that applies to Christians applies to Armenians, according to Ibn Shaheen. (See Christian
.) In addition, if one dreams of having become an Armenian, the dreamer is notorious for his bad character and debauchery.22
Incident Dream Explanation
— God's Prophet, upon whom be peace, once said: "Last night, I saw in a dream that we were visiting the house of 'Uqbah bin Rafi'; then Ratib Ibn Tab came and joined us. I interpret it to mean that we will rise in honor in this world and in the hereafter and that our religion will be firmly established." Thus, he took from the name Rafi' the meaning
of honor and exaltation and from the name of Ratib Ibn Tab the meaning
of a blessed religion.
Temple Dream Explanation
— (Altar; Retreat; Sanctuary) Temples, sanctuaries or retreats in a dream represent security, peace, finding a shelter away from fear, and victory over one's enemy. A temple in a dream also represents children, weddings, benefits, profits, prudence, or having reservations about one's dealings with others. A Christian
temple in a dream represents the clergyman who officiates the masses, or it could represent the recital of Psalms or Gospels therein, and it may denote offerings. (Also see Church; Hermitage; Retreat)
Magi - An Zoroastrian Dream Explanation
— • Turning into a Magus: (1) Will leave Islam behind by committing abominations or embracing other nonvalid faiths, which brings about God’s wrath. (2) Will scrutinize everything and complicate matters, as is the nature of the Magians.
• Seeing an old Magi: An enemy who does not want to destroy his opponent.
• A Magi dreaming that he has become a Jew or a Christian: (1) A relative change for the better. (2) Will indulge in atheism further and be lost even more.
• Dreaming of being a Magian: The dreamer is sensual and running ex clusively after worldly matters because, writes Al-Nabulsi, the Magians are the dogs who own the wealth of this world.38
Incident Dream Explanation
— The governor of Alexandria was tried once with extreme attachment and love for his five children. All five were steadfast in their religious commitment. One night, the governor saw in a dream as though his five fingers were cut off. He woke up extremely disturbed and told his five children his dream. The children called in a dream interpreter called Sheikh Yusuf Al-Karbouni at once. After hearing the dream, Shaikh Yusuf, God bless his soul, smiled and said: "It is not like you think, but if I tell you the meaning
of your dream, you must give me a good reward." The governor thus obliged. Shaikh Yusuf, then said: "Are you negligent of your five times prayers?" The governor replied in the affirmative. Shaikh Yusuf continued: "This the meaning
of your dream, so repent to God Almighty, and be steadfast in your religion."
Calamity Dream Explanation
— (Catastrophe; Destiny; Fate; Kismet) In a dream, calamity represents the opposite effect in real life, meaning
rejoicing after suffering from great distress.
Health Dream Explanation
— To take care of one's health in a dream means trying to amend one's life for the better. The same meaning
is applied if one sees himself applying an ointment to his eyes. (Also see Medicine; Physical fitness)
Research Dream Explanation
— Inciting someone to research, or to impel one's animal to drive faster in a dream means investigating the secrets of life after death, or explaining its meaning
. (Also see Impel)
Eating Roasted Meat Dream Explanation
— Eating roasted meat means that the observer of the dram will be given meager livelihood and will face much hardships an anxiety for, roasting is called shayyun in Arabic meaning
a wound. And a wound causes harm and grief.
Orange, Bitter Dream Explanation
— The same interpretation applies to bitter orange as for citron or Adam’s apple. But the meaning
is more acute for both pros and cons. However, most interpreters resent the bitter orange in view of the fact that its Arabic name, naranj, comprises the sound nar, which means “fire.”
European Dream Explanation
— • Seeing Europeans (Arabic: Ferenj): Relief, success, and victory, because the Arabic word for it comprises the letters f, r, and j, which together give the sound faraj, meaning
• Becoming European: Will go heretic and become more tyrannical because, writes Ibn Shaheen, they are warriors and tyrants and they promote ignorance.26
Church Dream Explanation
— For a Christian
person, seeing a church in a dream signifies a house of worship, religion, knowledge, devotion, work, ascetic detachment, fear of wrongdoing, penance, lamentation and it could mean crying. A church in a dream also could mean distress, trouble, slander, innovation, injustice, a business club, a meeting house, bingo, wine, alcoholic consumption, communion, weddings or a wife. In a dream, a church also can represent its parish, diocese, ministry, clergyman or a chaplain. If one sees a church turned into a synagogue, or a synagogue turned into a church in a dream, it means mistrust, an argument, or a scheme for tax evasion. Seeing oneself in a synagogue in a dream means that one may become a Jew. If one's house turns into a church in a dream, it means that he will bring its business to his house, or it may mean a fight with one's boss. Seeing a church in a dream also denotes a cemetery, confession, a prostitute, a music house or a place of confinement. If a woman sees herself attending a wedding or a funeral service at a church in a dream, it may mean the same in wakefulness. (Also see Cincture; Temple)
| || |