Cow Dream Explanation
— The cow symbolizes the year in view of the story of Yusuf (Joseph) in the Holy Quran. A fat cow is a fertile year and a thin one an austere year. It also represents wealth and prestige and a woman, par excellence, commensurate with her shape. A milk cow is a useful woman. A cow with horns is a woman of marginal value. The cow’s belly symbolizes assets without value, her navel string the wife’s umbilical cord or an allusion to the wife’s pregnancy. A lost cow is a wife lost to her husband.
• Trying to milk a cow that prevents the dreamer from doing so by using her horns: The dreamer’s wife will hate him and rebel against him. If the cow accepts, in the dream, being milked by another man, that man is betraying the dreamer with his wife.
• A cow with a blaze (white color) on her face: Hardships at the beginning of the year, as the word forefront—in Arabic ghorra—is the homonym for beginning.
• A yellow or black cow: A year full of prosperity and joy.
• A cow with a piebald flank: Hardships in the middle of the year.
• A cow with a piebald posterior part: Hardships toward the end of the year.
• A skinned cow: Tragedy will befall relatives.
• A cow half-skinned: Tragedy will befall a sister or a daughter.
• One-quarter of the cow’s meat: Tragedy will befall the dreamer’s woman.
• A small portion of the cow’s meat: Tragedy will befall all relatives.
• Eating beef: Honest earnings during the year.
• A cow’s horns: Years of abundance.
• A notable buying a fat cow: Will be allotted a wealthy province to govern or given a farm as a gift from an aristocrat.
• A bachelor acquiring a cow: Will marry a blessed woman.
• Riding on a cow: (1) Will get married. (2) Wife will die and will inherit from her.
• Riding on an identified cow: Richness and escape from trouble and all sorts of worry.
• Entering one’s own house on a cow’s back and tying her there: Will obtain a fortune, coupled with plenty of joy and the end of worries, especially if her color was black. Conversely, if she hit the dreamer with her horns, the dreamer would lose and never be safe from his family and relatives.
• Having sex with a cow: Will enjoy a year of undue prosperity. The same interpretation of horses colours should apply to cows, which, as mentioned, refer to women or years.
• Seeing in one’s house a cow sucking the milk of her own calf: A woman is trading in her own daughter.
• A man slave milking his master’s cow: Will marry the latter’s daughter.
• Being scratched by a cow or a bull: Will be ill inasmuch as the scratch was severe.
• A cow or a bull
raping the dreamer: Will experience hardships and punishment and might even get killed.
• Falling on a cow’s back: Luck will change during the year.
• An ox falling on the dreamer: Will die during that year.
• Having a dispute with a cow: Controversy with a hot-tempered and impolite woman.
• Being bitten or kicked by a cow: Children will betray their father.
• Beating a cow or an ox with a stick or biting either one: The dreamer has plenty of sins and should seek God’s forgiveness.
• Cows assembled in a place: Disturbances or riots.
• An identified number of cows entering a city, following each other: Years commensurate with the size of the cows and in the same order. If they entered a coastal city together or at random similar ships will arrive. Otherwise, they would be a series of intrigues very much alike, as the cows faces resemble each other. Yellow or red cows would automatically mean disease and epidemics.
• Cows of different colours with terrible, dreadful horns and fire or smoke coming out of their mouths or noses: Coming enemy soldiers or some kind of assault.
• A pregnant cow: A hopefully fertile year or the dreamer’s wife will become pregnant.
• Milking a cow and drinking that milk: If the dreamer is poor, will become self-sufficient or rich and be dignified. If he is already rich, his wealth and prestige will be enhanced.
• Eating cow ghee: More wealth.
• Being offered a small calf of either sex: Will have a boy.
• Beef and entrails: Money and assets.
• Being given cow skin: Such a skin being taken from the dreamer means he will pay a fine to the authorities.
• Offering a cow to the ruler: If the gift was accepted, the supreme authority will be all ears for the dreamer’s complaints about certain folk. The reverse is also true.
• Slaughtering a cow or a bull: Will rip up a man, especially if blood was seen in the dream. And that man could die.
• Standing on a hill and witnessing a massacre of cows: Will become the center of an epic involving genocide.
• Tilling land with the help of a cow: A very fertile year.
• More than fourteen cows: War.
• Less than fourteen cows: Dispute.
Pregnancy Dream Explanation
— In general, pregnancy means that the dreamer’s share in life will increase, be he a man or a woman. But there is a host of contradictions in the interpretation of such a dream.
• Seeing one’s wife pregnant: The dreamer is aiming for something.
• A man dreaming that he is pregnant: (1) His share in the world will increase inasmuch as the belly was big. (2) Sorrow is ahead. (3) If he had given birth to a boy (in the dream), that means big calamity. Conversely, a girl means benefit. (4) He has severe problems and worries that nobody has noticed yet. They are likely to grow further, and he might be uncovered. (5) If a scholar, the dreamer will acquire more knowledge. (6) If a craftsman, the dreamer will earn money to somebody else’s benefit. (7) He is staying next to an enemy, or his neighbour is an enemy. (8) He is deeply in love. (9) He brings together men and women. (10) A robber will break in his house. (11) A wicked woman will hide in his place. (12) He is sowing in the wrong land. (13) He will steal something and hide it. (14) He will perish by the cord (a homonym for pregnancy in Arabic, the word for both being habl). (15) He will get ill after eating dates. (16) He will have a dropsy (kind of swelling). (17) A foreigner dear to the dreamer will be buried at his place. (18) The dreamer is a liar who brags and pretends that he can do impossible things. (19) He is concealing his corrupt faith and creed.
• A boy under the age of puberty being pregnant: A reference to his father.
• A pregnant woman: (1) Her wealth will increase, commensurate with the size of her belly. (2) She will persevere till she makes the money she wants, which will grow constantly. She will be proud of her achievements and highly dignified and praised. (3) Trouble, unhappiness, worries, and concealed matters.
• A girl under the age of puberty being pregnant: A reference to her mother.
• A maiden getting pregnant: (1) Bitter events will occur to her family because of her. (2) Evil—like a robbery or a fire—at her place. (3) She will be possessed by a demon. (4) The clothes made or given to her on the occasion of her wedding will not suit her or will not be to her liking. (5) She will be wedded to an incapable person. (6) She will be deflowered before marriage and hence stay single for a long time. (7) She will get married.
• A single woman dreaming of being pregnant: Will get married.
• An old woman being pregnant: (1) A reference to an arsenal or an arms cache. (2) A reference to unemployment. (3) Fertility after drought.
• A pregnant animal, especially a good and useful one: Benefits and welfare.
• A sterile woman or a bull
being pregnant: A year characterized by drought, barrenness, intrigues, and evil brought about by bandits and atheists. If, afterward, a frightening or ferocious animal is born, it means that evil, misery, fear, or worries will disappear.