Women Dream Explanation
— The sight of a woman, in general, is a good augury, especially if she is sprightly, adorned, and complacent, with a smiling face. And the best woman to be seen in a dream is the unknown, young, virtuous, and very dark-skinned Arab woman, according to Ibn Siren. An unknown old and ugly or imperfect woman symbolizes life on earth, which is the essence of temptation and intrigue. Such a life appeared to the Holy Prophet in the shape of a woman when he ascended beyong heaven, one night, to meet Allah. Hence the belief that women
are temptation and intrigue. Similarly, worldly life was seen by many people in their dreams as an old, imperfect woman. It follows that a poor man dreaming that such a woman is considering his situation should expect luck to smile on him again. Flowers in his garden will blossom, his dead fields will start greening again, and he will become self-sufficient. If ill, he shall recover. If forgetful of life after death, he shall come back to his senses. The same dream applied to the public means that the people will reap harvest during the year in which they had lost hope or in the year that immediately follows it. It could also mean that a spreading and vicious war will come to an end and that normalcy will be restored.
• An unveiled and adorned old woman: A sign that success will be quick.
• A grim-faced old woman: Prestige will go.
• An ugly old woman: Things will turn upside-down to the dreamer’s detriment.
• A naked old woman: Scandal.
• A veiled old woman: Regret.
• An old woman entering the dreamer’s house: Luck and success in life.
• An old woman leaving the dreamer’s house: Will lose everything on earth.
• An old Muslim woman: An honest life.
• An old non-Muslim woman: A life full of sins.
• An old woman complying with the dreamer’s desires: Objectives will be fulfilled insomuch as she was complacent.
• An old woman disobeying the dreamer’s orders despite his pleas and insistence: Hurdles. The dream is more likely to come true if the old woman was an unidentified one. However, Sheikh Abdul Ghani Al-Nabulsi has a completely different concept of dreams involving old women
, a concept the author of this book finds more rational, since the Arabic word for old woman is ajouz from ajz, which means “incapacity” or “inability.” It follows that an old woman represents: (1) Incapacity, especially if she appears sick. (2) Declining fortune. (3) Sorrow. (4) The Hereafter, since senility is the reverse of liveliness. (5) Wine, since in Arabic the word khamr, or wine, could refer to an old woman.60 (6) A cow, since again in Arabic, an old woman is sometimes referred to as a cow. (7) Wickedness and deceit. (8) Gossip. (9) Fertility after despair. (10) Sterile land.
• A thirsty old woman: Drought.
• A weak old woman: A year of drought. The reverse is also true.
• A rejuvenated old woman: The end of drought.
• An old woman entering a patient’s room: Possible death.
• An old woman coming to a pregnant lady: Good augury, because old women
traditionally look after children and mothers after delivery.
• A man handling some important matter dreaming that he was in the company of or having sex with an old woman: Will fail and objectives will not be fulfilled.
• A veiled old woman with only the eyes visible: Hardships and regret.
• An ugly old woman: Intrigue and war.
• An old atheist woman: Illicit gains.
• An armed old woman: Lawful gains and joy.
• A woman dreaming that she had become old: Prestige, respect, and virtue.
• An unknown old woman: A dry year.
• People marvelling at an old woman descending from heaven: The year of the dreamer’s gains.
• An old woman having ceased to have sex dreaming that her vigour and sexual passion are back and that she is having legitimate intercourse: Will be more successful in both religious and worldly matters. In the event of forbidden sex she will be more successful only in earthly matters.
• A smiling and enthusiastic young woman flirting with the dreamer or allowing him to dominate or command her: Marriage or recovery from a stomach or any other disease.
• An unknown young, beautiful, neat, pious, and almost ascetic woman: The Hereafter and whatever is done to merit Paradise, such as honest living, good deeds, et cetera. But she could also symbolize: (1) Ephemeral life. (2) Money or assets that do not stay, as beauty withers away. (3) Dead earth. (4) A devastated house.
• A known woman with the above description: A reference to the person herself, a lady sharing the same name or who resembles her, or her opposite number.
• Seeing a woman so beautiful that the dreamer imagines her to be a creature from Paradise as described in the Holy Quran (houreyyah, or nymph with enormous black and pristine eyeballs contrasting with her skin, like a deer): Will die as a martyr for the sake of God.
• Seeing an earthly creature with that description: Being saved from any kind of trouble, money, a ship, a camel, or a caravan, et cetera, the dreamer will come back from a journey bringing welfare; any wish or request will be granted by the ruler or chief; crops will grow; and so on and so forth.
• A perfect woman: An allusion to what her name refers to on earth or in the other world, for a woman is a world in herself or to whoever enters her life; she is delight and passion and ecstasy. In terms of the Hereafter, she reforms her man on the religious plane. She could also symbolize power or the ruler or chief himself, because she governs her man by enticing him and arousing his passion, making him strive and toil like a slave to try to make her happy. Analogies are also drawn between women
and earth and the grave, as man comes from earth and returns to it; gardens, the fruit-bearing tree; the year (in view of what it conceives and delivers); cows (because of the milk) and ewes; the rain; and, revolting as it may seem to contemporary women’s liberation activists, anything that a man rides or steps on or that is hollow like a box, or used for storage, be it a ship, an animal, a sole or a complete shoe, a carpet or rug, or a sink. She is also represented by a glass bottle and by the toilet. Likewise, the woman symbolizes the prison; the partner, as she shares man’s wealth and pleasure; any secret, the underwear; the ink pot; and the seat.
• Talking to or mixing, joking, or playing with a pretty woman who has entered one’s house: (1) A fruitful year. (2) Welfare and joy. (3) An end to poverty and to poor luck. (4) Liberation from prison.
• A woman commanding people and inviting them to obey God: Piety.
• An authoritarian woman addressing the public and telling them what they should and what they should not do: Religious benefit.
• A woman as described above opposing the public or touching or kissing the audience or showing her private parts: Intrigue or a proving matter in which those seen getting anything from her will perish in view of verse 35 of the Quranic chapter “Al-Anbiyae” (The Prophets), which says: “Every soul must taste of death, and We try you with evil and with good, for ordeal. And unto Us ye will be returned.”
• A large number of women
being moved to a certain place on horse or camelback and carrying weapons or tools: Workers will flock to the area.
• Having a dispute with a woman, especially if she holds a public post or enjoys a high social position, then resenting her: (1) Will lose one’s bread. (2) Will fade out. (3) Well-being and power will wane, but after a while everything will be back to normal.
• Seeing a dishevelled woman—an absolute stranger: Will imminently lose something. But if she is pretty, will find it again.
• Kissing a lady: Will lose something.
• Having sex with a woman: Bad omen.
• Carrying a beautiful woman: (1) Recovery from a disease. (2) Release from prison. (3) Relief.
• A religious-minded man seeing an adulteress or an atheistic woman: Good augury and blessings.
• A profligate seeing an adulteress or a dissolute woman: His faith will weaken further; he will indulge in sins, vice, and evil.
• A sterile woman becoming pregnant: Welfare and reform in one’s life and in the Hereafter.
• A group of women
looking at the dreamer and one of them inviting him to join in: (1) Bad reputation, though innocent. (2) Will obtain what he is aiming for, but later on. (3) His enemies will not have the upper hand.
• A dispute among numerous women: Strange events will disturb some people. The reverse is also true.
• A young man smiling at the dreamer: The revival of dead matters.
• A fat woman: A fertile or fruitful year.
• A slim woman: A poor year.
• An old woman: Nothing good should be expected from such a dream, unless she is unveiled and adorned.
• Negresses61 coming to the dreamer: Lots of legitimate benefits.
• A black woman: A dark night. A bad omen, unless she belongs to someone.
• A white woman: A night softened by moonlight.
• A woman being sold: Power will wane and stability will be shaken, but not forever.
• Seeing a woman other than those the dreamer sees when he is awake: The dreamer will lose some of his assets, then find them again. Killing such a woman would mean that a large chunk of the dreamer’s wealth will go. Having sex with her means all his wealth will be lost.
• A lady seeing an old woman: (1) A reference to her own efforts. (2) Her endeavours will fail.
• A lady seeing a young woman: An enemy, whatever she looks like.
• A young woman dreaming that she has become old: She is a virtuous one.
• A woman dreaming that all her hair has turned white: (1) Her husband is a debauchee. If not, he will swap her for another woman or slave. (2) Somehow she will bring grief and sorrow to her husband.
• A woman with black hair: (1) Her husband loves her. (2) Her husband is a righteous man.
• A married woman dreaming that she has uncovered her hair: Her husband will be absent. If her hair remained uncovered, the husband would never come back.
• An unmarried woman dreaming that she has uncovered her hair: Will never get married.
• A woman seeing her thick hair admired by people: Will have a scandal.
Jewellry Worn by Women Dream Explanation
— if they are made from gold or silver they symbolise a pleasant life and embellishment for the women
, But if they are one or two ankle-rings or bracelets then they represent her husband, brother or father. The same is the interpretation of a crown although according to some, it presents a king or ruler.
Dreaming of Men, Women and Animals Dream Explanation
— To see someone speaking to the observer or giving him something suggests that the observer will socialize or deal with him or someone who bears a similar name or resembles him.
Girl Dream Explanation
— In any case, the sight of a little girl
in a dream is a good augury, unless there is something unpleasant about her.
• Seeing a pretty little girl: Benefits and welfare.
• Carrying a little girl: Welfare, recovery from a disease, relief from worries or freedom if the dreamer is in jail.
Little girl Dream Explanation
— A little girl
in a dream represents prosperity, wealth after poverty, and ease after a passing adversity. Seeing a baby girl
of milk suckling age is even better in a dream. It means a new and a praiseworthy development in one's life, or it could mean receiving benefits one is hoping for, or living a new world. A little girl
in a dream also represents something exclusive for the one who saw her in his dream. Carrying a little girl
in a dream means release of a prisoner, or if one is suffering from difficulties, or if he is at fault in an argument, or if he is indebted or poor, it means that all of his worries will be dispelled by the glad tidings of this little girl
. If none of these conditions apply, then it means distress or misfortune. If a mother delivers a sick baby girl
in a dream, it means relief from her difficulties. If she gives birth to such a child from her mouth, then it means death. A little girl
in a dream also means a new world, while a young girl
in a dream implies getting a new job. If a woman sees a little girl
in a dream, it means that she cannot conceive children. If one hires a little girl
to work for him in a dream, it means that he will receive glad tidings. If he hires a little boy, then it means bad news. Carrying a little girl
in a dream is better than carrying a little boy. If one carries a baby boy wrapped in a swaddle in a dream, it means imprisonment or a sickness. If one is poor, then it means that he will live to an old age in misery. If he is rich and diligent in the dream, it means that he will lose his money and reason. (Also see Child; Young woman)
Girl Dream Explanation
— (See Boy; Virgin)
A Young Girl Dream Explanation
— If she is not known to him, she symbolises his current year. Further, if she is beautiful and healthy and she is seen speaking to him or giving him something or he sees himself hugging her or making love to her or having intercourse with her it means the current year will prove profitable and fruitful for him. It not beautiful, the year will prove a disaster.
Teenage girl Dream Explanation
— (See Young woman)
Food Dream Explanation
— (Man's food; Dinner; Digesting food; Invitation; Lunch) Food
which is placed on a ceramic plate or on a clay plate in a dream represents lawful earnings. If food
is served on a forbidden golden or silver platter in the dream, it represents unlawful money, extensive debts, eating and chewing one's food
with desire and gluttony. Swallowing what one is chewing means debts or collectors demanding their money. Eating with the right hand in a dream means success. Eating with the left hand in a dream means falling in the trap of one's enemy and displeasing one's friends. Eating from someone else's hand in a dream means good abstinence and trusting in Allah Almighty as one's sole sustainers. Eating from someone else's hand in a dream also can be interpreted as a sickness or inability to eat with one's own hand. Eating sweets in a dream means solving a problem through kindness. If the food
is greasy in the dream, it means that one's problem is a lasting one. Sour food
in a dream means steadfastness. Sour food
in one's mouth in a dream also means pain and sufferings. Yellow food
in a dream means sickness, except for fowl's meat. Drinking food
the way one drinks liquids in a dream means increase in one's earnings. Eating at a wedding in a dream means glad tidings. Eating at a reception after a funeral in a dream means distress and sorrow. Any food
that has a long shelf life in a dream means profits and continuous benefits. Meat, eggplant, squash or the like food
in a dream represent temporary benefit or seasonal earnings. Eating at the tables of royalties or rich people in a dream means rising in rank, or renewing the mandate of one's office. Eating squash in a dream also means guidance, following the true religious precepts, or it could mean vigilance. Eating food
from the table of people of knowledge in a dream means acquiring knowledge, guidance, wisdom and blessings. Eating food
from the plate of a policeman or a soldier in a dream means committing adultery or receiving money from an unlawful source. Eating the food
of poor people or pious ones in a dream means repentance from sin or receiving guidance. Eating the food
of nomads or Bedouins in a dream means travels, rising in station or changes in one's conditions. Eating a meal that is cooked with meat in a dream means richness for a poor person. Eating a meal that is cooked without meat in a dream also may mean poverty, or it could mean devotion. If one's meal turns into something better in the dream, it means advancement in one's spiritual life. If one's food
turns bitter or sour in the dream, it means changing a spouse or a job. If one cooks a tasty meal in a dream, it means attaining a high ranking job, or it could mean prospering after suffering from a painful poverty. If someone else cooks one's meal in the dream, it means dealing with a treacherous person and in this case, it means that one should fear for his life or about doing business with him, or it could mean that he may receive a helping hand in doing his job. If one eats an unbearably hot food
in a dream, it means adversities. If one finds his mouth filled with food
, and if there is still a cavity for more food
in the dream, it means confusion, or it could represent the balance of his life in this world. If one manages to grind and swallow the food
in his mouth in a dream, it means that he will overcome his difficulties. Receiving a sour or a bitter tasting food
from someone in a dream means hearing harsh words, and the same interpretation is given if one offers someone sour or bitter food
in a dream. If he eats it, then it means sorrow, sadness and distress. If one finds himself eating it patiently and thanks Allah Almighty for it in the dream, it means that he will escape from such dangers. (Also see Chewing food; Guest; Hospitality; Swallowing; Table)
A Newborn Baby Girl Dream Explanation
— (Baby) It is deemed a better dream than a newborn boy. It symbolises joy and happiness for the one who sees her.
Digesting food Dream Explanation
— In a dream, digesting one's food
means steadfastness and assiduousness in one's profession, liveliness and vivacity. Digesting one's food
in a dream also signifies safety and protection against fear. (Also see Food)
Food fare Dream Explanation
— (Banquet; Course; Meal) If one organizes and invites people to a food
fare or a banquet in a dream, it means that he will spend money to establish a business, or that he will seek the help of someone against a rival. (Also see Food)
Chewing food Dream Explanation
— If one sees himself exaggeratedly chewing his food
in a dream, it means disdain and indifference about seeking an honest livelihood. Swallowing food
one should chew in a dream means debts, or collectors standing at one's door demanding their money. (Also see Chewing gum; Chewing)
Food basket Dream Explanation
— (Picnic basket; Traveller's pouch) A food
basket in a dream represents an important journey, financial comfort, or interchanging conditions between poverty and distress. If a traveller sees himself carrying a food
basket in a dream, it means that he will take a positive look at things, or that he will walk a step forward that will bring benefits to him and to his family.
Breakfast food Dream Explanation
— (Cereal; Grits; Kasha; Oatmeal; Porridge) Having a tasty breakfast in a dream means honor, promotion or dispelling distress, adversities and illness. (Also see Porridge)
Cooking Food in a Pot Dream Explanation
— Cooking food
in a pot on a fire suggests that he will benefit from a house or a matter relating to a house because a pot symbolizes the guardian of the house.
Buy Dream Explanation
— • Buying a male child: Very bad days are ahead.
• Buying a girl: Prosperity and happiness.
• A dead person buying food: The item he bought will become scarce and expensive.