| |Lover of boys Dream Explanation
— (See Pederasty)
Incident Dream Explanation
— A man bought a farmland. One night, he saw his nephew
in his farm walking over snakes. In the morning, he asked a dream interpreter about it, and the latter replied: "If your dream is true, the land you bought is fertile, and whatever you plant therein will come to life."
Armlet Dream Explanation
— Wearing a silver armlet in a dream means giving one's daughter in marriage to one's nephew
. Wearing an armlet made from beads in a dream means suffering pressure and distress caused by one's brother or sister. Any jewelry that is worn by a woman in a dream represent her husband. (Also see Bracelet)
Foot Dream Explanation
— The foot symbolizes a man’s style and wealth. The toes are his male children, his boys
, his servants, and his maids or slaves.
• One’s feet stretching upward or toward the sky till they are detached from the body: Two male children will die.
• Seeing one or many toes taking off to the sky: Some of the dreamer’s boys
, maidens, or slave girls will die.
• Having hair on the toes: An overwhelming debt. Excessive hair means that the hero of such a dream will die in prison.
• Committing adultery with one’s foot: The dreamer is in pursuit of illegitimate, unconventional, or perverse sexual practices.
• Having many feet: (1) For a rich person, disease. (2) Will go blind. (3) Will go behind bars where the dreamer cannot walk freely or unaccompanied by a guard.
• A foot turning into stone: The dreamer will lose such a foot.
• Kicking the king or ruler: The dreamer will find in the street a coin with that person’s image on it.
• Stepping on embers or live coal to extinguish it, then withdrawing one’s foot, then stepping again, and so on and so forth: The dreamer is a whimsical person and a fatalist or likes to talk about destiny.
• The big toe having been cut off: (1) The dreamer will resume relations with someone or some folk. (2) The dreamer will lose a source of living.
• The sole of the foot or the foot itself having been severed: Will be maimed.
Lot Dream Explanation
— (Allah's prophet Lut; Nephew
of Allah's prophet and bosom friend Abraham, upon both of them be peace) Seeing the prophet Lot in a dream means distress and trouble caused by one's own people and wife, or perhaps it could mean victory over one's enemy and witnessing Allah's wrath toward them. Seeing the prophet Lot in a dream also denotes obliteration of a nation, effacement, earthquake and destruction if the people who displease their Lord and follow the conduct of the dwellers of the two cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Seeing the prophet Lot's wife in a dream means that one's wife will rebel against him and strive to destroy his life and perhaps she will also be destroyed during that process. If everyone sees Lot's wife in a dream, it means that evil will spread among the women of that land. Seeing the prophet Lot, upon whom be peace, in a dream also denotes a warning against sodomy, and it means that one's wife is a corrupt woman.
Pederasty Dream Explanation
— (Homosexuality; Lover of boys; Sodomize; Sodomy) Molesting a child, or forcing a boy to sodomy in a dream means committing an evil act, loss of one's capital to one's enemy, engaging in loathsome actions, losing dignity, or confronting an enemy. (Also see Anus; Inkwell; Satan; Scorpion; Sexual intercourse; Sodomy)
Lumber Dream Explanation
— (Hypocrisy) In a dream, lumber represents a person who mixes with hypocrites, or one who mixes goodness and hypocrisy in his life, or one who appears better than he is in reality. Damp lumber represents boys
. If a traveller on a boat sees lumber in his dream, it represents the boat he is travelling on.
Kite Dream Explanation
— (Small hawk) In a dream, a kite means an insouciant or a languorous ruler who is audacious, defiled and stout hearted. If one catches and trains a wild kite to hunt for him and he finds that it is not obeying him or holding fast to his wrist in a dream, it means that he will bear a son who will become a ruler. Otherwise, if the kite flies away from his wrist in the dream, it means that the fetus may die before birth. Its chicks represent boys
and girls banding at wrongdoing. A kite in a dream also represents an adulterous wife and a secret affair. (See Introduction)
Sheep Dream Explanation
— A herd of sheep in a dream represents a good flock, obedient subjects, or good citizens. Sheep in a dream also signify joy, happiness, festivities, a wife, children, a farmland, properties, prosperity or wealth, and particularly when one pays the due alms tax on his money making ventures and liquid assets. Owning a herd of sheep in a dream represents a growing wealth. Passing by a herd of sheep in a dream means passing a gathering of men who have no brain. If a herd of sheep faces someone in a dream, they represent a group of people who will welcome him with a fight which one will eventually win. Receiving a herd of sheep as a gift in a dream means a political appointment, knighthood, knowledge, the seat of justice, or a blessing in one's life. Shearing off the wool of a sheep in a dream is a warning that one should remain aloof for three days. Both the white sheep and the black sheep in a dream mean profit, though the benefits one draws from a white sheep are greater. Seeing a herd of sheep in a dream means continuous happiness. Walking by a slaughter house or a tripe shop and witnessing the heads and trotters of sheep in a dream mean longevity. To find oneself transformed into a sheep in a dream means a booty or winning something. Seeing a sheep in one's dream also represents an obedient son. If one's wife is pregnant, and if he is presented with a sheep as a gift in a dream, it means that she will deliver a boy. Otherwise, the remaining little domesticated animals represent headache, because of the responsibility involved in caring for and in upbringing the boys
, except for the girls, for they represent worldly success and profits. If one sees himself slaughtering a sheep in a dream, it means that one of his boys
will shortly die, or perhaps it could be the son of someone he knows. A sheep trader in a dream represents a good man who is intuitive and who spends his money on the path of seeking knowledge, or to propagate the same. If one sees himself having a fat tail like that of a sheep in a dream, it means that his livelihood will depend on the revenues of his offspring. In a dream, a sheep also represents a righteous man. (Also see Counting sheep; Ewe; Ram; Trader)
Jewel Dream Explanation
— Jewels, including pearls and all the rest, symbolize sensuality and sexual passion for women and boys
• Using a key to open a safe and taking some jewels from it: (1) Will seek the advice of a scholar. (2) Will deflower a virgin, who will give the dreamer excellent children.
• Looking at a jewel or a pearl that does not gleam or glitter or any kind of glass that does not shine: Beware of strangling disputes and hardships because, says Ibn Siren, the hot, running blood (nafs) in the body is like the refraction of light in glass and jewelry. The dreamer should also take care not to lose his mind, because the mind is a flat jewel, adds Ibn Siren.
Mirror Dream Explanation
— it symbolises a perbond wife. If a person sees himself as looking into a mirror, if his wife is expecting, she will give birth to a son who will resemble him. But if she is not nor does he have a son it means he will lose his job and someone else will take his position. If a pregnant woman sees herself looking into the mirror she will give birth to a girl who will resemble her in every way. But if she is not pregnant it means her husband will marry another woman who will occupy the same house. If a little boys
sees himself looking into a mirror, a brother resembling him will be born. And if a little girl happens to see the same dream her moth will give birth to a girl.
Testicles Dream Explanation
— According to Al-Nabuls, the testicles are the center of pleasure and the organs responsible for hair growth. The left one, in particular, is where male children come from. They may also symbolize movement; endeavours; what a person lays his head on to sleep, like pillows; or certain pairs such as husband and wife, twin children, two trades, two chamberlains guarding a door, et cetera, especially female couples, like two sisters, two girls, two wives, and a mother and her sister. Whatever happens to the testicles in the dream will befall those persons. If the testicles are severed, for instance, the dreamer’s two wives will die or he will divorce them. If he knows of two female patients, they will pass away, and so on and so forth. Other possibilities include an allusion to money, the purse, parity and equity, and the persons without whose consent a marriage cannot take place. One testicle could be a reference to a steelyard.
• Seeing one’s testicles inflated and stronger than they really are: (1) Will be protected from any harm. (2) Will have many girls.
• Seeing one’s testicles having been cut or destroyed: (1) An amount of money is due by the dreamer, of which two thousand, two hundred, or simply two currency units are missing. (2) Will be deprived of God’s blessings, have no more children, and face hard times. (3) Will divorce. (4) Will betray one’s country for personal benefits. (5) Will lose one’s children. (6) Will lose one’s purse or money altogether. (7) Will lose the consent of the bride’s sponsors. (8) Will lose one’s family or other relatives. (9) Will no longer be decent. (10) Will contract a skin disease, in particular; alopecia (loss of hair), commonly called fox’s evil; or leontiasis leprosy, known as lion’s evil.
• A dreamer seeing his testicles being cut off or infected with a disease: (1) His foes will have the upper hand inasmuch as the situation looked bad. (2) No more girls will be born to him. He will only produce boys
. (3) Will receive compensation and damage for a life taken away.51
• Seeing one’s testicles in enemy hands: The enemies will reach the dreamer inasmuch as they are in control of his pair of vital organs.
• Seeing one’s left testicle having been snatched: The dreamer’s son will die, and he will have no more boys
• Willingly giving away the left testicle to somebody: An illegitimate boy will be born to the dreamer and will bear someone else’s name.
• Contracting a hydrocele (swelling of the scrotum around the testicle): (1) Will make gains and give them away to the enemies. (2) Will lose something.
• A woman dreaming that she has a pair of testicles: Might get twins.
• Seeing one’s testicles having been severed, though the penis is still there: Will have no more daughters.
Bead Dream Explanation
— (Also see Aqiq.) Beads symbolize a woman, a servant, a girl or a slave, money, politeness, shrewdness, procreation, and boys
• Finding beads: (1) Money and gifts from God, as many gifts as beads. (2) A beneficial trip.
• Finding white beads: Will get a good servant who fears the wrath of God.
• Finding green beads: Will have a pious servant.
• Finding black beads: Will obtain the services of a nonreligious, corrupt, and unkind servant.
• Seeing gemstones in the form of beads: Should be interpreted according to the meaning of each stone.
• Scattered beads of various colours: Your mind is busy.
• Aligned beads of various colours: (1) Sorrow for the corrupt. (2) Money for the virtuous.
• Piercing beads: Will deflower or marry a virgin.
• Swallowing beads: Wisdom.
Egg Dream Explanation
— For medical doctors, gifted persons, and poultry farmers, eggs mean welfare. For the rest, few eggs mean benefits; many eggs means deep worries. Big eggs refer to boys
and small ones to girls. For bachelors, eggs often symbolize marriage. For married people, eggs are the forerunners of childbirth. Eggs also represent hidden things.
• Eggs in a container: Slave or maiden girls, in view of the Quranic expression “[Pure] as they were hidden eggs [of the ostrich].” (“Al-Saffat” [Those Who Set the Ranks], verse 49.)
• The dreamer’s hen having laid an egg: Will be blessed with a male child.
• Cooked eggs without shells: Blessed gifts and benefits.
• Eating raw eggs: (1) Will accept dirty money. (2) Will be plagued by many worries. (3) Will commit a sin.
• Eating eggshells: The dreamer is a graverobber.
• Dreaming that wife has laid an egg: She will give birth to an atheist, in view of Quranic verses addressed to atheists and comprising examples of God’s might and miracles, such as: “… he bringeth forth the dead from the living” (“Al-Rum” [The Romans], verse 19.)
• Putting an egg under a hen that cracks to give way to chicks: A dead matter will be revived, and a pious son will be born to the dreamer or as many sons as there were chicks, in view of the Quranic expression in the same verse: “He bringeth forth the living from the dead….”
• Placing eggs under a cock, which is hatched to give chicks: A tutor will arrive for the young boys
• Breaking an egg: Will deflower a virgin. If the dreamer fails to break it, he won’t be able to pierce the hymen.
• A man whose wife is pregnant hitting an egg once: He is ordering his wife to abort.
• Seeing someone else breaking an egg and throwing it back to the dreamer: That man will deflower the dreamer’s daughter.
• Digging an egg out of one’s sleeve: The dreamer will penetrate his nanny or slave and have a girl from her.
• Having plenty of raw eggs: The dreamer’s great wealth is in jeopardy.
• Seeing boiled eggs: The revival of a stalled or dead matter, which will yield quite a lot of money.
• Groping for eggs: Will squander or eat up the money of a woman.
• Eating eggs: Will marry a rich woman.
• A crane egg: A poor boy.
• A parrot egg: A pious maid or a maiden.
• Being given an egg: Will be blessed with an honest son. If the egg was broken, the son would die.
• Shelling cooked eggs: Will obtain money from rulers.
• A bondsman or servant dreaming of receiving a boiled egg from his mistress, shelling it, and eating it: He will bring up her child according to the instructions of her husband, which will provide a source of living for the dreamer.
Gargoyle - Or Roof Gutter Dream Explanation
— The gargoyle symbolizes a companion, sometimes well known; girls—free, slave, or servant—the boys
that look after the place; relief, for it brings about relief by draining rainwater's; the messenger; and the honest person who never betrays or fails anyone, but gives everyone his due.
• Seeing gargoyles or drainage facilities but no rainwater therein: Dissension and conspiracies. Every gargoyle alludes to a neck that will be cut.
• Clean water flowing in the drainage facilities: Prosperity and security for the people of the area.
• Troubled or stinking water running in the gargoyles: Ailments and diseases, particularly cold sores, boils, smallpox, and the like.
• Blood flowing in the gargoyles: An enemy will conduct a bloodbath in the area.
• Seeing Meezab Al Rahmah, the Gargoyle of Mercy, in a mosque, a house, or a well-known place should be interpreted as the Zamzam Well (see that name), especially if people benefit from the water flowing from it.
• Standing under Meezab Al Rahmah: Will enjoy God’s mercy, particularly if healthy and pure water pours from it. In case the water was troubled, the reverse would apply.
Adam Dream Explanation
— • Seeing Adam: (1) The dreamer has committed a sin and should repent. (2) A reference to one’s father or ruler or to knowledge. (3) Will become a ruler or governor if eligible for such an honour. (4) Will be deceived and captured by one’s enemies, then released after some time. (5) A reference to the interpreter of dreams, because Adam was the first ever to have dreamed (of Eve) and understood what dreams expressed. (6) A harbinger of the pilgrimage to Mecca (Makkah). (7) A coming together of the beloved ones. (8) Will have plenty of children, but more boys
than girls. (9) Forgetfulness and absentmindedness. (10) Trickery and ruses. (11) The dreamer is mixing with snake charmers, poison makers, spiritualists and mediums, who are the demons spokesmen. (12) A reference to rough garments, weeping, or a malaise due to unhealthy food. (13) A long journey, perhaps to where Adam first descended on Earth. (14) An allusion to servants and to prostration before kings.
• Seeing Adam as if talking to the dreamer: Will acquire knowledge
• Seeing Adam in a different color and shape than usually conceived of by the dreamer: Will move from one place to another, then return to the first place.
• Becoming Adam or acquiring one of his qualities or characteristics: (1) The dreamer will succeed the ruler, if eligible for such a privilege. (2) People will benefit from the dreamer’s knowledge if he is a learned man, or he himself will obtain unequalled knowledge.
• Seeing Adam in good shape: Magnificent welfare.
• Seeing Adam in a deteriorating condition: The dreamer’s master will be impoverished or his power will wane or the dreamer’s fortune will decrease and his craft or profession will no longer be in demand.
• Slaying Adam: Will betray his lord or abandon and stop sustaining his parents or teacher.
Key Dream Explanation
— The key symbolizes access to learning, especially the Holy Quran. It also means benefits, a safe, blessings, and support. Keys could refer as well to children, boys
, messengers, money and the piercing of mysteries, or the pilgrimage to Mecca (Makkah). Other interpretations include the man and the woman, the former penetrating the latter like the key in the keyhole, the wrapped up baby, and the dead in his grave.
• Holding a key: God will respond to the dreamer’s prayers.
• Seizing a key: Will find a treasure or make a fortune from agriculture. If the dreamer is already a rich person, this dream is a reminder that he should pay his religious dues and be good to the needy.
• Holding the key to Paradise: (1) Will acquire knowledge and turn ascetic. (2) Will find a treasure. (3) Will make honest gains or inherit.
• Holding the keys of the Kabah (the Muslims holiest shrine, in Mecca (Makkah)): Will become the chamberlain of a great ruler or an imam (Muslim spiritual leader).
• A king or a senior official dreaming of keys: A reference to countries, provinces, reforms, or victories.
• Holding many keys: Will wield a considerable influence.
• Holding a wooden key: The dreamer should be careful not to entrust his money to anybody, as wood symbolizes hypocrisy.
• An iron key: A powerful and dangerous man.
• Holding a key without dents: The dreamer will be unfair to an orphan.
• Opening a door or a lock: Will triumph over enemies, probably with the help of a strong man.
• Opening a door or a lock without using any key: The dreamer will obtain what he aims for, thanks to his prayers and good deeds or to his parents prayers for him.
• Keys being thrown to a woman: Will get married.
Bird Dream Explanation
— The unknown bird symbolizes the Archangel of Death; a traveller; labour; or a man’s actions or deeds. Big and ferocious or rapacious birds are the kings, chiefs, prominent people, scholars, and rich people or those who make a good living. Waterbirds represent the nobles who hold two posts at a time, since these birds do as they like in the water and in the air. They could also symbolize people who travel by land and by sea. Dreaming of them is better than dreaming of any other species, because they have an easier livelihood and are less rapacious. Singing birds or those that wail simply refer to singers. Small birds are the young boys
• An unknown bird picking up a gravel, a leaf, or some worm and taking off to the sky from a house in which someone is ill: The patient will die.
• An unknown bird standing on one’s head, shoulder, or neck or knees: A reference to the action or deeds of the dreamer. If the bird was white, such action is candid. The reverse is also true.
• An unknown bird standing on a pregnant woman’s head, shoulders, or knees: She will give birth to a child of the same gender as the bird. If the latter had stayed, the child would live and remain close to her. If it had flown away, it would mean the contrary.
• Owning or catching a flock of birds: Money and power, especially if the dreamer was looking after them, feeding them, and talking to them.
• Birds hovering over the dreamer’s head: Will become a leader.
• Birds flying in one’s house: Angels will visit the house. (Also see Bat, Bustard, Carrion, Cock, Crow, Dove, Duck, Eagle, Falcon, Francolin, Goose, Griffin, Hawk, Hen, Kite, Ostrich, Owl, Parrot, Partridge, Pigeon, Quail, Raven, Roller, Sand Grouse, Sandpiper, Sparrow, Starling, Stork, Swallow, Vulture, and Warbler.)
Pigeon Dream Explanation
— (Dove; Ringdove; Turtledove) Seeing a pigeon in a dream means glad tidings. It is also said that Allah Almighty will accept the prayers of one who sees pigeons in his dream. In a dream, a pigeon also represents a trustworthy messenger, a truthful friend, a comforting beloved, a chaste wife, striving to sustain one's family, or a fertile woman with a large family. The cooing of pigeons in a dream means lamentation. Pigeons eggs in a dream represent one's daughters or female neighbors. A domesticated pigeon in a dream represents a beautiful woman from Arabia. Pigeon's nest in a dream represents women's parties. Pigeon chicks in a dream represent the boys
in a family. Pigeon's rumbling or roar in a dream means reproof or censure for a fault. A white pigeon in a dream means spirituality, a green pigeon represents piety, while a black pigeon denotes a mastery. A frightened pigeon in a dream means divorce or death. A landing pigeon in a dream represents the long awaited arrival of a beloved. Eating pigeon's meat in a dream means to steal money from one's own workers, to defraud them, or to cheat one's servants. Hunting pigeons in a dream means earning good money from wealthy people. As for an unwed person, seeing a pigeon inside his house in a dream means marriage. If a pigeon attacks someone then flies away with him in a dream, it means that happiness and joy will enter his life. However, doves in a dream may represent death. If one sees himself throwing something at a pigeon in a dream, it means that he slanders a woman, or writes secret correspondence with her. Reaching at a pigeon's nest to take its eggs in a dream means taking advantage of a woman, or swindling her money. Hunting pigeons in a dream means adultery. Seeing a pigeon standing over one's head, or tied to his neck or shoulders in a dream connotes one's relationship with his Lord. If in that sense the pigeon is an ugly one, it means that one's actions are of the same nature. Otherwise, it means the opposite. Plucking some feathers from a pigeon in a dream means money. Slaughtering a pigeon in a dream means marriage. (Also see Ringdove; Turtledove)
Ibrahim - Abraham Dream Explanation
— Seeing Ibrahim has contradictory interpretations.
• Seeing Ibrahim: (1) A good omen—blessings, worship, and the wisdom of old age. (2) Luck, prosperity, and selflessness. (3) Care for holy shrines. (4) Pious and decent progeny. (5) Promotion of virtue and deterrence from vice. (6) Will go on hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca (Makkah)). (7) Will be severely harmed by an unjust tyrant, then God will make the dreamer triumph over that tyrant and all other enemies. He will shower His blessings on him, and the dreamer will marry a virtuous wife. (8) Father will abandon family and other relatives to obey and worship God. (9) A reference to the kind father, because Ibrahim is the father of Islam and gave that religion its name. (10) Enduring a miserable life to mend fences between others or because of some good deed. (11) Lawmaking. (12) The preservation of moral values and separation from evil companions.
• A woman seeing Ibrahim: Will experience anger and sorrow on the part of her husband because of one of her male children, or the latter will go through hardships, then be saved.
• A father of many children seeing Ibrahim: One of his boys
• Accompanying Ibrahim or walking beside him: (1) The dreamer will get into trouble with foes but emerge victorious and become a just ruler (authoritative man) or an imam (spiritual leader). (2) The dreamer will befriend some folk who will submit him to a hard test on their part.
• Being summoned by Ibrahim and responding promptly: Elevation in life.
• Being called by Ibrahim and failing to respond or the dreamer seeing Ibrahim talking to him with remonstrance's or looking sad: (1) Will fail to perform the pilgrimage to Mecca (Makkah) despite ability to do so. (2) Will abandon prayers. (3) Will backbite the imam. (4) Will behave like a hypocrite.
• An atheist seeing Ibrahim Will embrace Islam.
• A guilty person or a sinner seeing Ibrahim: Will repent.
• A guilty person who had abandoned praying seeing Ibrahim: Will resume that virtuous practice.
• Seeing oneself in the image of Ibrahim or in his costume: (1) Will encounter hardships. (2) Wisdom and prosperity will replace trouble and worries.
| || |