Hand Dream Explanation
— The hand is the person’s main helper with which he earns his livelihood and which he extends for charity. Strong and healthy hands
represent the ability to give and take properly. The right hand symbolizes strong men, the left women. Having long hands
means: (1) For a ruler: Glory. (2) For a merchant: Profit. (3) For a businessman: Shrewdness. The length of the hands
of the imam (the Muslims spiritual leader) refers to the strength of his supporters and aides as well as his long life. If he can see their bones, it means that his wealth will increase. If they turn into marble, he will live long and always be happy.
• Losing a hand: Will lose a relative who will either travel or die.
• Placing a hand under one’s armpit and withdrawing it to see it gleaming: (1) If a scholar, will acquire knowledge. (2) If a businessman, will make gains.
• Placing a hand under the armpit and withdrawing it to find fire in it: Will overpower or outclass all rivals and enjoy dignity and honour.
• Putting a hand under the armpit and drawing it back to find water in it: Will have money.
• Having an extra hand: (1) More influence and strength. (2) Will have a brother. (3) Will have a child.
• Being left-handed: Difficulties are ahead. (The word for left-handed in Arabic, Aasar, comes from ’osr, meaning
• Doing something with the left hand: Will get what you want but late.
• Stretching both hands: Extreme generosity, magnanimity.
• Walking on one’s hands: The dreamer relies on his relatives in certain matters.
• Seeing with one’s hands
as if they were eyes: You are frolicking or molesting prohibited relatives too often.
• f The dreamer’s right hand telling him some good words: The quality of life will improve.
• The dreamer’s left hand telling him something good: Relatives will show their gratitude.
• One or both hands
blaming the dreamer: Wrongdoings on the dreamer’s part.
• The right hand made of gold (the word for gold in Arabic is thahab, meaning
“gone”): The dreamer’s partner or wife will die.
• One’s hands
becoming those of a sultan: Will wield power and influence and behave like that sultan, be he fair or unfair.
• An ailment in the hand: Brothers are facing difficulties.
• Being handless: Will demand money, which will come.
• Shaking hands
with a Muslim who withdraws his hand: You will entrust him with something, but he will fail you.
• The hand being severed: (1) The dreamer will give up something he was doing or resign his job. (2) The dreamer will change profession. (3) The dreamer will somehow part from a friend or an associate.
• The hand being severed by a known person: (1) The dreamer will obtain five thousand currency notes or coins from that person. (2) That person will help the dreamer refrain from something bad he is doing.
• The hand being severed from the palm: Money will come to you.
• The hand being cut off at the wrist: The dreamer will fall victim to the tyranny of a ruler.
• The hand being severed from the upper arm: (1) A brother will die. (2) Fortune will decrease.
• Seeing one’s hand remaining cut off: The dreamer swears too often.
• The right hand being severed: The dreamer is a thief.
• Seeing your right hand severed and placed in front of you: Will achieve financial gains.
• The left hand being severed: (1) Death of a brother or a sister. (2) Repudiation between the dreamer and the brother or sister. (3) A halt in sustaining parents or in-laws. (4) The end of a partnership. (5) Divorce.
• The ruler cutting the hands
and feet of his subjects: He is seizing their money and spoiling their livelihood.
• The ruler cutting the dreamer’s right hand: The dreamer will lie while taking the oath or swearing.
• The dreamer’s hand being cut at the ruler’s gate: The dreamer will part with his possessions.
• The hands
and feet being cut off from behind: The dreamer is extremely corrupt or will rebel against the ruler.
shrinking: Reduced power and fewer supporters.
• Having short hands: (1) Chances have been or will be missed. (2) The dreamer is impotent. (3) The dreamer will be disappointed by brothers or assistants.
• The right hand longer than the left: The dreamer is good to his parents, other relatives, and even strangers.
• Paralysis of the hands: The dreamer will commit a great sin.
• Paralysis of the right hand: The dreamer will beat an innocent man and commit an injustice vis-a-vis a weak person.
• Having a twisted hand: The dreamer is either avoiding sins or committing a great sin, for which he will be punished severely by God.
Incident Dream Explanation
— God's Prophet, upon whom be peace, once said: "Last night, I saw in a dream that we were visiting the house of 'Uqbah bin Rafi'; then Ratib Ibn Tab came and joined us. I interpret it to mean that we will rise in honor in this world and in the hereafter and that our religion will be firmly established." Thus, he took from the name Rafi' the meaning
of honor and exaltation and from the name of Ratib Ibn Tab the meaning
of a blessed religion.
Henna Dream Explanation
— (Dye; A reddish-orange cosmetic dye produced from the stalks and leaves of henna plant) Henna for a man represents his working tools. It also means adornment, money, prosperity, or children. If a man sees his hands
dyed with henna in a dream, it means that he keeps praising his Lord. If only the right hand is dyed with henna but looks ugly in the dream, it means that he may commit a murder. Dying one's hands
with henna in a dream also means carelessness about exposing one's good and bad qualities in public, or it could mean that he delivers his merchandise or work in any condition without acknowledging blame, fault, or recognizing his improper behavior with his customers. If one's hands
are tattooed with henna in a dream, it means that he cheats to acquire his earnings. Eventually, he will be exposed and his opponents will rejoice at his misfortune. If a woman sees her entire body dyed with henna in a dream, it means having a good relationship with her husband. If after applying the henna to her hands
, the dye does not work in a dream, it means that her husband does not show his love for her. If only the fingers are dyed with henna in a dream, they then represent branches of dates, or clusters of grapes. In general, dyeing one's hands
and hair with henna as a makeup in a dream represents joy for the husband and wife as long as they do not exceed the common norms. (Also see Dye; Tattoo)
Handshake Dream Explanation
— Shaking hands
with someone in a dream means signing an agreement, receiving benefits, a pledge of allegiance, honoring one's promise, making a commitment, good intention, signing a contract, or cherishing a friendship. Shaking hands
with someone then embracing him in a dream means glad tidings, good news, good words to which one's reply will be the same, or it could represent a knowledge he teaches to others. (Also see Greetings)
Incident Dream Explanation
— It is narrated that Rabeeah bin Umayyah bin Khalf came to Hadhrat Aboo Baker As-Siddeeq (RA) and said: “ O khaleefah of the Messenger of Allah, I saw a dream last night. I saw myself in a lush and green land. Then I suddenly saw myself in a barren land. At this stage I saw you clasping your neck with both your hands”. Hadhrat Aboo Bakr As-Siddeeq (RA) : “if what you are saying is true then I am afraid you will forsake the Deen of Islam. As for me all my affairs will remain protected and my hands
will not be contaminated through worldly pursuits”. The narrator says that during the Khilaafat of Hadhrat Umar (RA) Rabeeah Left Medinah to live in Rome . There he embraced Christianity in the presence of the then king and died as one.
Dye Dream Explanation
— Dye, in general, means respectability and that the dreamer is either secure from poverty or concealing it.
• Dying one’s beard with henna—lawsonia: The dreamer follows in the footsteps of the Muslims Holy Prophet.
• Dying one’s hair but not the beard: The dreamer guards the secrets of his head (chief).
• Dying both the hair and the beard: The dreamer is concealing his poverty and asking people to give him power.
• If the dye sticks to the hair: Prestige will be restored, but only for a while, and the dreamer will display his contentment. However, he will ultimately be uncovered.
• Dying with mud or gypsum (plaster of Paris): Will ask for money and be humiliated publicly for such a request.
• A man dying his fingers with henna: He is using the rosary very often.
• A man dreaming that both hands
are dyed with henna: He is outspoken and shows all that he has on his mind or in his hands
, be it good or bad. If the hands
are tattooed with henna, he will trick his family into selling some furniture to cover a deficit to avoid humiliation and his enemy’s jubilation.
• A man seeing ugly dye on his palm: Hardships should be anticipated.
• A man seeing ugly dye on his right hand: He will kill somebody.
• A man seeing himself dyed or tattooed with gold: He will try to swindle somebody, but will fail and lose his own money and means of living.
• A woman dreaming that her hands
are tattooed: She will use her makeup to achieve what is right. If the tattoo was made of mud, it means that she uses her rosary quite often. If the drawings on her hands
get mixed up, harm will befall her children.
• A woman seeing her hand dyed or tattooed with gold: (1) She is giving her money to her husband. (2) Her husband will bring her joy.
• A man dreaming that his two legs are dyed and tattooed: His parents will die.
• A woman seeing her legs dyed and tattooed: Her husband will die.
Incident Dream Explanation
— The governor of Alexandria was tried once with extreme attachment and love for his five children. All five were steadfast in their religious commitment. One night, the governor saw in a dream as though his five fingers were cut off. He woke up extremely disturbed and told his five children his dream. The children called in a dream interpreter called Sheikh Yusuf Al-Karbouni at once. After hearing the dream, Shaikh Yusuf, God bless his soul, smiled and said: "It is not like you think, but if I tell you the meaning
of your dream, you must give me a good reward." The governor thus obliged. Shaikh Yusuf, then said: "Are you negligent of your five times prayers?" The governor replied in the affirmative. Shaikh Yusuf continued: "This the meaning
of your dream, so repent to God Almighty, and be steadfast in your religion."
Intertwine Dream Explanation
— (See Braiding; Interlocking one's hands)
Reciting Surah Feel Dream Explanation
— He will be helped against the enemy and Islam will become victorious at his hands
Builder Dream Explanation
— A person at whose hands
people offer repentance and swear oaths of abstinence from sins.