| |Blue Dream Explanation
— (Color) In a dream, the color blue
represents distress, depression, enmity, or a calamity. (Also see Colors)
Elephant Dream Explanation
— An elephant
symbolises a foreigner who is despotic, powerful and vehement. He has no compassion_striking fear into the hearts of people. Mounting an Elephant
: If a person sees himself as mounting or owning an elephant
or encircling it or utilizing it for any purpose other than ploughing, it is a glad tiding that he will either be endowed with power and superiority or he will be appointed to an important office by the government of a foreign country.
Elephant Dream Explanation
— (Arrogance) In a dream, an elephant
represents a respected and feared enemy who is dull-witted, who carries heavy burdens or responsibilities and who is expert in war tactics. An elephant
in a dream also signifies arrogance. Riding an elephant
or controlling it in a dream means establishing ties with a leader or a politician and profiteering from one's connection. It also means living a long and a prosperous life. Riding an elephant
during the night time in a dream means rising in rank, and should one be suited for leadership, he will receive it then engage in a war which he will lose. Riding an elephant
during the daylight hours in a dream means divorce, perfidy, betrayal or deceit. Milking an elephant
or taking something out of its trunk in a dream means either extortion or receiving lawful money from a powerful person. It is also said that an elephant
in a dream represents a mighty king who is gracious and generous, patient and tender hearted. If an elephant
hits someone with his trunk in a dream, it means receiving benefits from such a person or inheriting something from him, receiving a political appointment, or becoming wealthy through high connections. An elephant
in a dream also represents righteous people, scholars and noble ones. An elephant
in a dream also denotes hardships, toiling, then relief from adversities. Seeing an elephant
in a dream and failing to ride on it means lack of integrity or loss of business. Seeing a dead elephant
in a dream means that the ruler or a great person from that land will die, or that a noble person will be killed. Seeing an elephant
in a land other than its native land in a dream means adversities. If one faces a threatening elephant
in a dream, it means an illness. If one falls under the feet of an elephant
in a dream, it means his death. Speaking to an elephant
in a dream means receiving a precious gift from someone in authority. Running away in fear of an elephant
in a dream means being persecuted by someone in authority. Riding an elephant
during a war in a dream means defeat and subsequent destruction. Eating elephant's meat in a dream means money. As for worldly people, seeing an elephant
in a dream means benefits, but as for pious and religious people, it denotes adversities. Riding an elephant
in a dream also may denote lies or oppression. An elephant
entering a land other than its natural habitat signifies an official visit of a king or a president to another country, or it could mean invading it.
Elephant Dream Explanation
— Dream interpreters differ about what the elephant
symbolizes in dreams. Some of them regard it as a gigantic foreign king, feared, cool, and heartless, but well trained in the arts of war and capable of lifting extraordinary weights. By contrast, others say it is a good and extremely tolerant, patient, and generous king. The elephant
also symbolizes hardworking people or the working class, in view of its nature and hard tasks, the devout, the learned, and the noble. Certain interpreters feel it represents an obese woman or a cursed man, because it belongs to the category of those metaphor hosed by God, according to religious beliefs. A man told Ibn Siren he dreamed that he was riding an elephant
, to which the great seer replied, “The elephant
is not an animal that Muslims usually ride. I’m afraid you are no longer a Muslim.” The elephant
is also seen as something great and famous but useless, because people can neither eat its meat nor milk it. More, the elephant
is said to be the animal of the Prince of the Inferno. Especially for women and for pious people, those who seek the Hereafter, the sight of an elephant
never augurs well. It is not the same for worldly individuals.
• Eating elephant
meat or taking any of its limbs, skin, or bones: Money from the ruler.
• Milking an elephant: Will outwit a foreign king and get his money through lawful means.
• Seeing an elephant
and failing to ride it: Prestige and fortune will decline. Conversely, riding it, especially by night, means that the dreamer, if eligible, will triumph over a huge but niggardly king (or chief). If the dreamer is not eligible, the same dream would indicate that the dreamer will enter a war but be defeated or get killed in it, in view of the following verses in the Holy Quran: “Hast thou not seen how thy Lord dealt with the owners of the Elephant? Did He not bring their stratagem to naught.” (“Al-Fil” [The Elephant], verses 01–02.)
• Riding an elephant
by day: Will divorce one’s wife and sustain harm in the process.
• Riding an elephant
with a saddle and driving it at will: (1) Will marry the daughter of a foreign giant. (2) Business will prosper.
• A bachelor riding an elephant: (1) Will get married, possibly to a foreign woman. (2) Will board a ship or the like.
• Seeing an elephant
anywhere other than in India: Hardships and terror.
• Herding elephants: Will befriend foreign rulers.
• Seeing a slaughtered elephant
in a country: The ruler of that country or one of its celebrities will die.
• An elephant
posing a menace to the dreamer or trying to get hold of him: Coming sickness.
• Falling under the elephant’s feet or being foiled by it: Will die, unless the elephant
did not step on the dreamer or crush him, in which case he would just face hardships, then escape unharmed.
• Talking to an elephant: Welfare from the king.
• An elephant
chasing the dreamer: Harm from the king.
• An elephant
beating the dreamer with its trunk or taking anything from that animal’s trunk: Will strike it rich.
• Two elephants fighting: Two kings are in the same position.
dung or droppings: The king’s money.
• An elephant
getting out of a city whose ruler is ill: (1) The ruler will die; otherwise, he will be deposed or leave for good. (2) If it is a port city a ship will set sail. (3) Some epidemic or plague will disappear.
• A woman dreaming of riding an elephant: She will die.
Elephant trainer Dream Explanation
— An elephant
trainer in a dream represents the master teacher of children of noble families, a horse trainer, a sports trainer or a translator. (Also see Elephant)
Elephant man Dream Explanation
— A chronic disease which is characterized by the enlargement of certain parts of the body, especially the legs and gentiles. In a dream, an elephant
man represents love for the world from the wrong angle.
Eating elephant Meat Dream Explanation
— The One who eats the meat will receive assets from some authority. The extent of such assets will depend on how much meat he eats. The same interpretation is given if a person sees himself taking possession of the skin, bone or any other portion of the elephant
Riding an Elephant in Battle Dream Explanation
— He will gain victory over his enemy in battle.
Elephantiasis Dream Explanation
— (med. See Elephant
Love for the world Dream Explanation
— (See Elephant
Invasion Dream Explanation
— In a dream, invasion means poverty, failure, facing danger and destruction, or seeking to do business overseas. (Also see Elephant)
Interpretation according to Varying Times Dream Explanation
— If a person dreams during the night that he is mounted on an elephant
it suggests that he will profit immensely from a certain affair or contractor task. But if such a dream is observed during the day it means he will divorce his wife.
Incident Dream Explanation
— A dream interpreter once said: "I saw in a dream a man who was blindfolded with a blue
piece of cloth. I asked him: 'Do you know what happened to my father?' The man replied: "Your father is dead.' Then he took me to may father's grave, where I felt the great loss, and I hugged it, cried, and wailed. When I woke up, I told another dream interpreter, who was a friend of mine, about my dream. He smiled and said: 'Your father's death in the dream means his longevity, and your crying means relief from distress.' I did not accept his interpretation of my dream, for I knew better the meaning of wailing and mourning in a dream. Soon after that, I visited my father, and my friend proudly reminded me of his interpretation. Later on, I travelled away from home. When I returned to my town, I passed by a graveyard. At the gate stood a woman who was guarding that cemetery and whose eye was bandaged with a blue
piece of cloth. I knew her, so I stopped and asked her about the news. She said to me: 'May God grant you a long life. Your father has passed away.' Then she took me to his grave, and I fell on it, crying and wailing, exactly as I saw in my dream. Thus, my friend's interpretation did not come true, for he has no hand in it."
Arrogance Dream Explanation
— To show arrogance in a dream based on one's success in life and richness means the nearing end of one's life in this world. Arrogance in a dream also means prosperity and a high rank in this world, though evil maybe the end of it. (Also see Advice; Elephant)
Colors Dream Explanation
— (Black; Blond; Bluish-black; Green; Maroon; Purple; Red; Reddish-brown; White; Yellow) The color black in a dream means prosperity, happiness or sickness. The color blond in a dream means war, sickness, piety, honor or a religious person. In a dream, the color blond also means contemptibleness, vileness, meanness or depravity. Black colored eyes in a dream represent a religious person. A bluish -black colored eyes in a dream connote opposing one's religion. Blue
eyes in a dream entail religious innovations. Green eyes in a dream represent a religion that is different from all religions. The color green in a dream also represents a good harvest or prosperity. Green in a dream also means youth or fear of wrongdoing. In a dream, the color blue
represents distress, depression, enmity, or it could mean a calamity. The color red in a dream denotes joy, celebration, spirituality or dominion. Red means the world or material gains. In a dream, the color maroon or a reddish-brown color signifies dignity, nobility, power or it could represent a wealthy woman. The color purple in a dream represents a brilliant, skilful and a beautiful woman, or it could mean fragrance, instability, sickness, love and harmony. White in a dream also means beauty or it could represent elderly people. A black flag in a dream means a man of knowledge, a white one represents jealousy, a yellow flag represents an epidemic disease and a green flag means a journey by land. A black cloud in a dream represents a just judge while a white cloud represents a blessed, noble and true justice. A white thread in a dream represents the dawn and a black thread in a dream represents the night. If one sees his cheeks radiant white in a dream, it means honor, bounty, or it could mean achieving a high rank in one's community. Unknown white or green tents in a camp in a dream represent the graves of martyrs. Yellow represents strain, sickness, repentance, a son, or it could mean chivalry. (Also see Flag; Garment)
Lips Dream Explanation
— In a dream, lips represent man's pride, strength, virility, his helper, clarity of expression, eloquence, or special love for one's friend. The lower lip has more advantages than the upper lip in a dream. The upper lip represents a close friend, or someone one depends on in everything. Anything that affects one's lips in a dream, will manifest in any of the above. Lips in a dream also represent one's wife, child, or relatives. If one suffers pain from his lips in a dream, it means that such pain will come from one's friends. If one's lips are chopped off in the dream, it means that he engages in backbiting others. If only the lower lip is chopped off in the dream, it means that one may lose a helper or a provider. If the upper lip is missing in a dream, it means that one's life is void of blessings. If the lower lip is missing in the dream, then it represents a dying wife. If the upper lip is split in one's dream, it denotes double the effects concerning the person who is understood to be meant in the dream. If the lower lip is split or chapped in the dream, it means conducting a secret relationship with two women. If it is the upper lip, it means having two friends. If his chapped lips heal in the dream, then it means reconciliation between two friends, or winning their consent regarding one's opinion or decision. If one's upper lip is cut off in a dream, it means severing relationship with a close friend. Lips in a dream also denote relatives or kinship. Lips in a dream also mean recovering from an illness, or forcing a jealous friend to follow one's directives, or hearing good news that will heal one's heart. Lips in a dream also represent a door attendant, boys, guards, locks, knowledge, guidance, food, drinks, marriage, happiness, sadness, or keeping secrets. Having no lips in a dream means loosing any of the above, or one's dream could mean a broken door, or loosing one's keys, or perhaps it could mean the death of one's parents, husband or wife. Lips in a dream also represent the livelihood of singers or musicians who play wind instruments for a living, or the livelihood of a glass blower. If one's lips look thin and rosy in a dream, they denote clarity of speech, guidance, good food, good drink and happiness. Thick lips with black or blue
color in a dream represent laziness, languor, failure to present a verifiable proof or to bring a strong witness, or they could mean discomfort, or difficulty in earning one's livelihood. If a sick person sees his lips black or blue
in a dream, it could mean his death. Closed lips in a dream represent one's eyelids, a vagina, the anus, the banks of a river or a well. (Also see Body)
Incident Dream Explanation
— this incident is related to a group of people living on the Island of Saqliyyah . It is narrated that their king was bent on annihilating the Muslims. For this, he prepared a powerful navy comprising of thousands of soldiers. At this point he saw a dream in which he saw himself mounted on an elephant
while drums were beaten and trumpets were blown before him. When he awoke he summoned some of his clergymen and asked them to interpret the dream. They gave him the glad tiding of victory. He demanded proof from them for their interpretation. The said that the elephant
is the most powerful animal on land and mounting such a powerful animal means becoming the master of power and strength. And the beating of drums and blowings of trumpets are signs of happiness, ecstasy and victory. Also drums are only beaten in the presence of asking if there is some reason for happiness. When the king heard this, he became both surprised and delighted. He then summoned some Jewish ulama and asked them for their interpretation. They also interpdreted the dream as a glad tiding of victory. He then called some Muslim ulamaa and demanded that they interpret the dream. They all pointed to an experienced Alim to respond to the king's demand. The Alim said to the king that he would interpret the dream only if he guaranteed their safety which he did. The learned Alim interpreted the dream thus; “O king, I see no wisdom in your wanting to kill the Muslims and marching on them for this purpose. Please do not deploy your army for they will not return to you alive. They will be defeated and destroyed. And do not for one moment think that I give this interpretation because I am a Muslim”. The king asked him for proof to which he replied that the Holy Book of Allah was the source for his proof. He quoted the verse: Have you not seen what your Lord had done to the people of the elephants. He recited the entire Surah Feel. The king said: “This is your proof regarding the elephants. What have you to say about the drums?” He recited the verse: And when the trumpet will be blowns, this will be a very hard day for the non-believers-not an easy one. When the king heard this he became utterly shocked and perplexed since the Shaikh's explanation was rational and irrefutable. To avoid embarrassment to himself he dismissed the sheikh and his colleagues saying that he would have believed him if he (the sheikh) were not a Muslim. But since he is a Muslim he is biased in his delivery of interpretation. The Shaikh said: “You will soon find out for yourself, o king!”. When the sheikh and his colleagues departed the king began to ponder deeply about what the sheikh had said. He became convinced and decided not to go ahead with his plans. When the clergy heard of this they approached him and urged him to go ahead with his plan. They reasoned with him not to believe the interpretation of the sheikh as he was a Muslim and a Muslim would obviously be opposed to king Muslims. They also sought his permission to kill the sheikh which he refused. They continued to incite him against the Muslim and urged him to go ahead with his plans. He had no choice but to accede. He deployed a huge army under the command of his son. The two sides met in the middle of the sea. For three days a fierce battle ensued between the Muslims and non-Muslims. One the third day the Christians army was defeated. Not a single person was spared. When the king came to learn about this, he called for the sheikh and admitted his folly before him. He then secretly accepted Islam at his hands and bestowed many of his favours on him. It is said that he also learned the Holy Quran by the Shaikh and this affair of the king became popular in Saqliyyah.
Flesh Dream Explanation
— (Meat) Human flesh in a dream represents one's health, strength, earnings, sickness or one's shop, piety, religious attendance, fear of wrongdoing, scrutinizing the difference between the lawful and the unlawful, patience, forbearance, anger, distress, sexual desires, suffering from adversities and punishment for sins. If one's flesh grows bigger than what one actually has in a dream, it means prosperity, and if one is sick, it means recovering from his illness. If one sees himself having less flesh than what he actually has in a dream, it means stagnation of his business or loss of his money and property. If a devoted worshiper sees growth in his physical fitness in a dream, it means slackening in his devotion and occupying himself more in material gains and worldly pleasures. If one sees himself emaciated in a dream, then it means the opposite. Buying a piece of human flesh in a dream means having a stagnant merchandise. If a judge or a ruler finds that his flesh has grown in a dream, it means that he will become famous for his verdicts, rulings or that he will become rich, or perhaps he might grow in fury or develop anger. Growth in one's fitness in a dream also denotes happiness, joy and celebrations, while emaciation in a dream represents distress and adversities. If one sees his flesh black or blue
, or if his skin is cracking in a dream, it denotes suffering from adversities, an illness or a punishment for his sins. Eating the growth of one's own flesh in a dream means usury, or living on income from usury and saving one's capital. Eating from one's own flesh in a dream also means using one's own capital, or doing something that will be followed by regret and sorrow. (Also see Meat)
Death Dream Explanation
— Death symbolizes the loss of religious faith and divorce as well as poverty, most probably on the spiritual plane. It also means regret and repentance for a great sin. Likewise, it alludes to imminent marriage, because the bridegroom or the married person, like the dead, enjoys special care, such as washing, incense, et cetera.
• Seeing one’s corpse carried on a bier or in a coffin amid tears and sobbing after all mortuary rituals have been accomplished: Weakening faith and debauchery along with dignity and power in this world. If, furthermore, the body had been buried, it would mean that the dreamer will be completely immersed in worldly matters and lost spiritually and will die without repentance. If he comes out of the grave, he will repent. In any case, the hero of such a dream will have absolute mastery and will almost enslave or humiliate as many people as were seen carrying his bier over their necks and shoulders. He might also rule over his province or state. But for a slave burial means that he will be set free. For the custodian of something it means that whatever he is entrusted to keep will be snatched from him.
• Sudden death: Unexpected troubles and worries.
• Death of the king: The country will be lost.
• Death of the imam (Muslim spiritual leader): (1) Havoc in the city or country. (2) Loss of the dreamer’s religious faith.
• Death of a ulema (Muslim religious scholar): No more learning or Islamic Law in that place.
• Death of either parent: Will deteriorate materially and/or spiritually.
• Death of the father: Quandary regarding the dreamer’s livelihood.
• Death of the mother: (1) Worries and sorrow. (2) Aims will not be fulfilled.
• Death of a son: (1) Will get rid of or be safe from one’s enemy. (2) An inheritance.
• Death of a daughter: Despair will replace joy.
• Death of a sick brother: (1) The brother in question will die. (2) Someone from that brother’s side will pass away.
• A person who has no brother dreaming that his brother has died: (1) The dreamer will die or go broke. (2) The dreamer will lose an eye or a hand.
• Death of a conjoint or a partner: Divorce or the end of a partnership.
• Death of the wife: (1) Will make money and become self-sufficient. (2) Will lose one’s source of living. More often it is a good dream.
• Death of a relative: Will become less able.
• Death of a pregnant woman: Will give birth to a male child who will prove to be very beneficial and bring about a lot of joy.
• Death of an unknown woman: (1) Worldly matters will run into a snag. (2) Drought. Death of a friend: (1) The dreamer will die. (2) The dreamer will lose that friend.
• Death of an unknown old man: The dreamer’s endeavours will not bear any fruit.
• Death of a night watchman: (1) Death of a ruler or governor. (2) Fear.
• Death of a bachelor: Marriage.
• Death of a professional or a craftsman: The craft will go through a recession.
• Death of a slave: Snags and loss of prestige, especially if that was the only slave in the house.
• Death of unchaste and wanton persons: (1) Comfort for the devout and torture for the disbelievers. (2) Religious corruption.
• Death of an animal: The interpreter should bear in mind what the animal symbolizes. For instance, a lion or an elephant
would refer to the supreme authority in the country. The elephant
represents a huge man, the cat and the mouse are thieves, and females are, indeed, women.
• Death of a ferocious animal with fangs and claws: Triumph over enemies and safety from harm.
• Death of a domestic beast: Bad omen, especially if it is the only beast that the dreamer possesses.
• Difficult passage from life to death: Severe chastisement in the Hereafter.
• Death of a child: Death of a woman and vice versa, because Muslim scholars used to find that women and children have this in common: lack of religious faith and reason.
• Terrible death occurring in a certain place: A fire will break out in that place.
Eye Dream Explanation
— The eye represents the person’s vision and discrimination between right and wrong. It also symbolizes money and children, as they are as dear as the eyes. The black eye refers to religion, the blue
religious violation, and the green a religion different from all others.
• Having several eyes in the body: Excessive virtue and religion.
• Dreaming that one’s stomach has been opened and finding an eye in it: The dreamer is a hypocrite.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes are those of a stranger: The dreamer will go blind and be guided by someone else.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes are those of an identified person: The dreamer will marry that person’s daughter and benefit from him.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes are gone: The dreamer’s children will die.
• A person in a foreign land dreaming that he is completely blind: He will stay abroad till he dies.
• Seeing one’s eyes made of iron: The dreamer will be in deep trouble and the center of a scandal.
• Opening one’s eyes to see a certain person: That person will look into the dreamer’s plea and help him.
• Staring angrily at someone: The dreamer will have spite for that person.
• Hearing with one’s eyes and seeing with one’s ears: The dreamer is inciting his family and daughter to commit sins.
• Seeing the eye of a man or an animal in one’s palm: The dreamer will get plenty of money.
• Looking at an eye and liking it: The dreamer will do something harmful to his religion.
• The heart having an eye or eyes: Religious devotion inasmuch as they were bright.
• Squinting: The dreamer is eyeing women with lust.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes have been pierced: The dreamer will lose someone or something very dear.
• Seeing something white in or around the pupil of the eye or a kind of screen: Trouble, deep worries, losses, and loss of aspirations.
• An absent relative returning blind: The dreamer will die.
• Having “the black water” (glaucoma) in the eyes and being unable to see anything: The dreamer is shameless because, says Ibn Siren, the eye is the center of decency and shame.
• One’s eye becoming dim: The dreamer is eyeing a friendly woman indecently.
• Having weak eyesight: (1) The dreamer needs people’s help and is going adrift. (2) The dreamer’s children will be ill.
• The eyes falling on one’s knees: Death of a brother and a son or any two other dear persons.
• Seeing a slave girl (the word in Arabic meaning “A running one”) or a couple of eyes flying rapidly in the sky: Will make money from business or a craft.
| || |