| |Biting on one's tongue Dream Explanation
— (See Tongue)
Mosquito Dream Explanation
— (Gnat) In a dream, a mosquito
represents an enemy who will cause bloodshed and mutilation. A mosquitoes in a dream also represents a confidant, an associate or a strong person. A mosquito's bite in a dream means receiving money in compensation, or as blood reparation.
Mosquito net Dream Explanation
— (See Canopy)
Bite Dream Explanation
— • A snake or a scorpion bite: Illicit money, which will lead to fines and other punishments.
• The dreamer biting
someone out of love: Will love him more.
someone out of hatred: Will hate him more.
someone so as to make him bleed: You love him but will harm him.
• Being bitten by someone you know: That someone or his homonym will cause you pain.
• Being bitten by someone you don’t know: Will be harmed by your enemy.
one’s fingers: Trouble and worries on the religious plane.
Gnat Dream Explanation
— (See Mosquito)
Mosquitoes and Butterflies Dream Explanation
— A mosquito
or butterfly represents mean and contemptuous person.
Bite Dream Explanation
— (Champing; Chomp; Love; Rancor) In a dream, a bite signifies perfidy, rancor or extreme love for the one who is bitten in a dream. If one bites himself then spits a piece of his own flesh on the ground in a dream, it means backbiting and belittling others. Biting
one's own fingers in a dream means regret or fury, rage and anger. If one's fingers bleed from such bite in a dream, it means tribulations caused by one's own shortcomings. A bite in a dream also signifies extreme anger. If one is bitten by another person in a dream, it means that he will enjoy happiness and success at the beginning of his professional life, then he will suffer from an illness, eye inflammation, ophthalmia, or from heart problems. Biting
on an apple in a dream means satisfying one's desires. (Also see Pinch; Tongue)
Being Bitten by a Snake Dream Explanation
— If a person sees a snake biting
him it means his enemy will harm him as much as he will be harmed by the snake bite.
A Dog that Attacks Dream Explanation
— If a dog is seen attacking and biting
a person it means that the harm caused by his enemy ill not be confined to unpleasant words only but bodily harm as well.
Canopy Dream Explanation
— (A canopy with drapes covering one's bed; Mosquito
net; Transparent hood) In a dream, the canopy that drapes over one's bed represents a good woman or a well mannered man. In a dream, a canopy also may represent one's wife, or it could mean affliction, grief, distress or darkness. (Also see Bed; Couch; Mattress)
Gall Bladder Dream Explanation
— Dreaming of seeing a person biting
the gallbladder of another until he dies means the assailant hates his adversary to the point of death. If, furthermore, he drinks the victim’s blood, he wrongly thinks that he can kill him and acquire or get away with his money under the eyes of the law.
Pinch Dream Explanation
— (Bite off; Nip; Tweak) Pinching someone in a dream means envying him, or plotting to get some of his money which he will eventually get. Pinching someone in the butts in a dream means betraying him with his wife. Pinching someone in the belly in a dream means wishing to get some of his savings. Pinching someone in a dream means hurting him with words. Pinching or biting
someone's hand in a dream may represent a snake bite, or a bite of a scorpion. Pinching someone's hand in a dream also means receiving unlawful money then incurring heavy losses, or it could mean paying a hefty fine.
Flies Dream Explanation
— (Insect) In a dream, a fly represents a weak, lowly and a slanderous person. If he ever benefits anyone, it will be someone of his own kind. Eating flies in a dream means earning loathsome money. Seeing flies ruminating inside one's stomach in a dream means earning money from a loathsome and a despicable man. Seeing flies inside one's body in a dream means mixing with loathsome people. Whatever profits one may gain through them will not last. A large size fly in a dream represents a great enemy who will bring harm to the people and to the economy of the land. Flies flying over one's head in a dream represent a weak enemy who is desiring to triumph over him. It could also mean that someone in a high ranking position is influencing their moves or forcing them to do what he wants. If someone who intends a journey sees flies sitting on him in a dream, perhaps he should delay his travel plans for while. If one sees flies inside his mouth in a dream, it means that some thieves will take refuge or hide in his house. If a fly or a mosquito
enters one's ear in a dream, it denotes blessing, status, authority or profits. Killing a fly in a dream means preserving one's health and fitness. If one sees a swarm of flies inside his house in a dream, it means that his enemies will cause him losses. Flies are a weak but a tough enemy. In a dream, a gathering of flies somewhere means profits, medicine, cure, abominable actions or committing an act that will bring rebuke.
Apple Dream Explanation
— In a dream, apples represent beautiful children. An apple in a dream also denotes one's determination and good will. To a king, apples in a dream represent his kingdom. To a merchant, they represent his merchandise, and to a farmer they represent his crop. Eating apples in a dream means determination. Eating a sweet apple in a dream means lawful earnings, while eating a sour tasting apple means acquiring unlawful earnings. Sour apples in a dream mean divisiveness and hurt, while its tree represents torpor. If a king throws an apple at one of his subjects in a dream, it means good news or attainment of one's goals. Planting an apple tree in a dream means adopting or caring for an orphan. An apple tree in a dream represents a good man and a believer who serves and benefits his community. Eating an apple in a dream also means earning something people cannot see. Plucking an apple in a dream means money earned through a respectable person. Counting apples in a dream means counting money. Smelling an apple inside a mosque in a dream means getting married. If a woman sees herself smelling an apple during a reception in a dream, it means misconduct and the permeation of sin. If she sees herself eating an apple in a known place in a dream, it means that she will give birth to a handsome son. Biting
on an apple in a dream means satisfying one's sexual desires or being sexually obsessed. (Also see Magician)
Tongue Dream Explanation
— (Interpreter; Pen; Speech writer; Stinger; Translator) In a dream, one's tongue represents his translator or his business manager. One's tongue in a dream also represents the chief cause of sin. Moving one's tongue without speaking in a dream means committing a sin. Seeing an increase in size, width, or length of one's tongue in a dream means strength and overcoming one's enemy. If one's tongue becomes elongated with no cause for dispute or argument in a dream, it means having a bad tongue, or backbiting others, speaking ill about others, or using base and despicable language. Having a long tongue in a dream also could mean clarity in one's speech and eloquence in one's expressions. Having two tongues in a dream means acquiring a second language or a second trade, using a proof other than one's own in a court of justice, or winning victory over one's enemy. If one finds his tongue tied in a dream, it means stagnation of his business, or it could mean poverty. If black hair grows over one's tongue in a dream, it means a fast coming evil. If gray hair grows over one's tongue in a dream, then it means a slow coming adversity. Hair growing over one's tongue in a dream also means writing or reciting a poem. One's tongue in a dream also represents the perfect alibi, the beauty and eloquence of one's presentation, a professional presentation, good fame and good conduct. If a governor's tongue is cut off in a dream, it means the death of his interpreter or his speech writer. The human tongue in a dream also represents his pen and his signing authority. If one's tongue becomes long and reaches the skies in a dream, it means that he will be impeached or deposed from his leadership position following his tyranny and injustices. If the tongue of a leader or a ruler becomes long in a dream, it also signifies the expansion of his power and the infallibility and effectiveness of his commands. One's tongue in a dream also symbolizes a milk suckling baby, a lion in his den, or an intelligent warrior. Thus, if one lets a lion out of a lair in a dream, it denotes his tongue, or hurting people's feeling or reputation with one's tongue. If one sees himself without a tongue in a dream, it may mean the death of an infant. If one has to appear in court and sees his tongue cut off in a dream, it means that his proof will be rejected by the judge. If only the side of one's tongue is cut off in a dream, it means that he has doubts about the testimony of his witness. If he is a merchant, it means that he will lose an important business deal. If he is a student, it means that he will not complete his schooling. It is also said that when one's tongue is cut off in a dream, it means that he is a forbearing person. If the wife's tongue is cut off in a dream it means that she is a chaste and a pious woman. If a wife cuts off the tongue of her husband in a dream, it means that she will flirt with him and show him tenderness and love. Cutting off the tongue of a poor person in a dream means giving something to an impudent person to shun off his evil. If a poor person cuts off the tongue of another poor person in a dream, it means a fight between them. If one's tongue sticks to his palate in a dream, it means that he will deny or reject someone's right, refute the truth, or lie about a trust he received to keep for a time. Eating one's tongue or biting
on it in a dream represents an act one will regret. If a governor sees that in a dream, it means that he swindles people's money and receives bribes. Biting
on one's tongue in a dream also means remaining mostly silent, withholding one's advice, or controlling one's fury and anger. Biting
one's tongue in a dream also could denote gluttony. Cutting off one's tongue in a dream means invalidating one's argument or proof, or preventing him from asking for anything. The cutting off of a poet's tongue in a dream means giving him money for his recitation. Seeing one's tongue black in a dream means that one may preside over his own people. If he is a wretched person, it means that he is a liar. If someone who is scared of something sees his tongue in a dream, it means that he will lose his battle and become subject to defamation and humiliation. If a wretched person sees himself having many tongues in a dream, it means that he will have a large family. Having many tongues in a dream also means speaking many foreign languages. If one's tongue is split in half in a dream, it means that he is a liar. Having many tongues and of many colors in a dream means telling different and contradictory stories, or it could represent a music writer. If people touch one's tongue or suck it in a dream, it means that they are acquiring his knowledge. It also represents people toadying or lobbying in official business. One's tongue in a dream also represents a hidden treasure, a hidden knowledge, a toadying servant, an employee, one's house, a vehicle, a skilled enemy, a seedling of a fruit bearing tree, a bad wife, a barren woman, one's spoken and irretrievable words, earnings, collecting garbage, following someone's traces, a policeman, or a prisoner. An animal's tongue in a dream represents one's life or death, because for an animal, his tongue is like a hand through which he takes things. If a scholar's tongue is cut off in a dream, it means that he will lose his argument, or it could mean the death of his assistant, student or son. Losing one's tongue in a dream represents the malicious joy of one's enemy, family, or neighbors for one's losses, or it could mean the death of a beloved, severing a relationship, or a plant disease that will affect one's fruit bearing trees. Perhaps losing one's tongue in a dream could mean separation between husband and wife, divorce, losing one's job, or moving to a new town. Having two tongues in a dream also means backbiting others, or having two faces with people, for people say that so-and so has two tongues or two faces. If the second tongue does not impede the person from speaking in the dream, then it denotes his truthfulness, love and affection toward others. One's tongue in a dream also may represent something one fears, such as the collapsing of a roof over his head, or it could represent an enemy. It also means isolating oneself from people of knowledge and wisdom, or it could mean remaining mostly silent, minding one's own business, or offering devotion and being grateful to Allah Almighty for His gifts and blessings. One's tongue in a dream also represents a captured prisoner of war, or a snake hiding in its pit. Looking at one's tongue in a dream means controlling what comes out of it. (Also see Body; Exhaustion from speaking; Language; Spell out)
Flesh Dream Explanation
— Views on certain items of this chapter are widely divided and sometimes diametrically opposed. For instance, according to Al-Nabulsi:
• Eating somebody’s flesh: Will speak ill of such a person in his absence.
• Eating one’s own flesh: Will eat up gains. According to Ibn Siren, will eat away savings or whatever is hoarded. For Ibn Shaheen:
• Eating human flesh: Financial gains in any case. If the person whose flesh is being eaten is known to the dreamer, the latter will take a bite at the victim’s purse or property. In case the dreamer is eating such flesh voraciously and with great appetite while blood is spilling imminent, unquestionable, and huge financial gains will be achieved.
• Eating one’s own flesh: Abundance and tremendous power are in store.
• Eating the flesh of a tortured person (crucified, hung, et cetera): Will obtain money from a wanted individual. It could also mean redemption and/or vengeance.
• Eating the flesh of one’s enemy: Will triumph over him.
• Eating the flesh of a dead person: Will speak ill of the dead, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that says: “O ye who believe! Shun much suspicion; for lo! some suspicion is a sin. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? …” (“Al-Hujurat” [The Private Apartments], verse 12.) According to Ibn Siren, it makes no difference whether the eaten person is a man or a woman, but the younger the subject, the more likely the dream will come true.
• Eating another person’s flesh raw: Will slander that person or backbite one of his relatives.
• Eating another person’s flesh cooked or grilled: Will swallow the other’s capital.
and snatching one’s own flesh and spitting it on the ground: The dreamer is an evil person and a slanderer.
• Eating one’s own tongue: (1) The dreamer is the silent, concealing, and self-restrained type. (2) The dreamer’s eloquence will help him. To come back to the general interpretation:
• A woman eating her own flesh: Will commit adultery.
• A lady eating another woman’s flesh: Will have a lesbian experience with her, or each of them will try to overpower the other physically or otherwise.
Cow Dream Explanation
— A cow in a dream represents longevity. A black or a yellow cow represents happiness, prosperity and a good harvest. A white spot on a cow's face means firmness if seen in a dream at the early part of the year. The piebald cow or a cow blotched with white and black in a dream means the same, though the latter also represents firmness when seen in the middle of the year. A fat cow in a dream represents longevity and prosperity. A fat cow in a dream also may represent a pious woman. An emaciated cow in a dream represents drought. Drinking cow's milk or eating its meat or fat in a dream means prosperity and earning lawful income for that year. If the cow has horns, it represents a rebellious woman. If a dairy cow allows the person to draw her milk in a dream, it means conferring benefits. Otherwise, if it refuses to allow the person to milk her in the dream, it means dissonance and discord. If a servant sees himself milking his master's cow in a dream, it means that he will marry his wife after the master dies, and that he will become extremely rich. If a cow enters one's house and thrusts against him, or butts against him in the dream, it means losses and mistrust in one's own family. If one sees himself hitting a cow with a wooden stick or biting
a cow in a dream, the cow then represents his sins. If a cow scratches someone in a dream, it means an illness. If one is attacked by a cow or a steer in a dream, it means that a great punishment will befall him, or it could mean that he may be killed during that same year. If one sees himself riding a black cow, or if a cow enters his house, where he ties her to a pole in his dream , it means money, good business and dispelling of his anxiety, sadness, loneliness or distress. A slaughtered cow in a dream represents a calamity. If a shipment of yellow cows arrives at the port of a city in a dream, it means a plague or the spreading of unknown diseases. If a herd of ugly looking cows enters a city with smoke emanating from their noses, and if the people hate their look in the dream, it means a raid, an enemy, or that unwanted solders will control that town. If one sees himself riding a cow in a dream, it means that he will inherit a woman. If one is offered a cow hide as a gift in a dream, it means that he will receive money from someone in authority. On the other hand, if one is stripped of a cow's hide he owns in a dream, it represents a fine that he will have to pay. To see the calf of the Children of Israel in a dream means dissension, temptation or a murder. It also may mean a miraculous event, or that a heavenly sign will take place in that locality. If the person is disobedient to his mother, he will repent and turn to be good to her. If a cow butts against him in a dream, it means that Allah is displeased with him. (Also see Counting cows)
Finger Dream Explanation
— (Also see Dye.) Fingers are the brother’s children, since it is believed that the hand represents the brother. Those of the right hand refer to the Muslims five compulsory daily prayers. The left hand fingers are the children of the brother or sister. The thumb is the dawn prayer, the index finger the noon prayer, the middle finger the early afternoon prayer, the ring finger, the sunset prayer, and the little finger the evening prayer.
• Having long fingers: The dreamer observes his religious duties, especially prayer. The reverse is also true.
• The imam (the Muslims spiritual leader) having long fingers: He is too greedy, tyrannical, and unfair to his subjects.
• A finger falling: Will abandon the related prayer.
• Seeing one finger in the place of another: The dreamer is performing the right prayer at the wrong time.
somebody’s fingertips: The bitten one is impolite, but the dreamer is inflicting too severe a punishment on him.
• Milk coming out of the dreamer’s thumb and blood from his index finger: He is having sex with his mother-in-law and his wife’s sister.
• Cracking the finger joints: Obscene talk in the family. The caliph Harun Al-Rasheed saw the Archangel of Death in a dream. He asked him, “How much longer shall I live?” to which Azrail replied by showing him his five fingers. The caliph woke up in a state of terror. He summoned a qualified dream interpreter who reassured him that what the Archangel of Death meant to say was that there are five things that only God knows; they include the hour, as per the relating verse in the Holy Quran: “Lo! Allah! With Him is knowledge of the Hour. He sendeth down the rain, and knoweth that which is in the wombs. No soul knoweth what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul knoweth in what land it will die. Lo! Allah is Knower, Aware.” (“Luqman,” verse 34.)
• An ailment in the fingers: (1) Children are in trouble. (2) The dreamer is missing his prayers.
• The little finger having been cut off: A child will go away.
• The little finger being atrophied: Harm will befall the dreamer’s mother or family.
• The ring finger having been cut: The dreamer will have a son.
• The ring finger being atrophied: Harm will befall the dreamer’s daughter.
• The middle finger having been severed: The country’s best scholar or judge will die.
• The middle finger being atrophied: A brother will die.
• The index finger being atrophied: A sister will die.
• The thumb being atrophied: The father will die.
• A man having four wives dreaming that four fingers were severed: All four will die.
• Cutting someone else’s fingers: Will wreak havoc on his money.
• The disappearance of the fingers: Servants will go.
• Chewing fingers: The end of a fortune.
• Contraction of the fingers: Will abandon or fail to sustain those female relatives with whom sex is prohibited in Islam (mother, sister, sister-in-law, et cetera).
Milk Dream Explanation
— Seeing milk or the breast that it comes from for both men and women means money. Milking means abundance or, in some cases, wickedness, deceit, or fraud. Such dreams are more likely to come true when the actors are identified. An excellent dream is that involving cow milk, for it represents what the year will bring and it symbolizes honest gains and relief. The milk of milkless beings means aspirations will be fulfilled when least expected or from unexpected sources. The milk of any wild animal symbolizes strong religious faith. That of carrion eaters and biting
insects or reptiles means reconciliation with the enemy.
• Milk springing from the soil: The emergence of tyranny.
• A woman who does not have milk in her breast dreaming that she is breast-feeding a child, a man, or a woman whom she knows: All doors (or means of living) will be slammed in her face and theirs.
• Sucking the breast of a woman and getting milk out of it: Money and profits.
• Sucking one’s own breast: Treason.
• Drinking mare milk: (1) Will be loved by the ruler and receive gifts from him. (2) Will have a good name.
• Drinking cattle milk: Legitimate profits from the ruler.
• Human male milk (sperm) being poured on the dreamer: Will face financial hardships and ultimately go to prison.
• Milking a she-camel: A reference to alien workers in the Arab world.
• Milking a she-camel and drinking such milk: (1) Will marry a virtuous woman. (2) Will have a good son who will one day show his gratitude to his parents.
• Milking a she-camel to obtain blood: Tyranny.
• Milking a she-camel to get poison: Will reap illicit profits, thus committing a sin.
• A merchant milking a she-camel: Blessed transactions and gains, and life will smile on him inasmuch as there was milk.
• Sheep and buffalo milk: Welfare and good nature.
• Ewe and she-goat milk: Honest gains.
• Drinking lioness milk: (1) Money from a terrible ruler. (2) Will triumph over enemies.
• Dog or wolf milk: (1) Tremendous fear. (2) Money from the unjust.
• Pig milk: The brain or mind of the dreamer will be altered. Too much of it means dirty money. Conversely, a small quantity means blessed gains. The contradiction arises from a verse in the Holy Quran that reads as follows: “He hath forbidden you only carrion, and blood, and swine flesh, and that which hath been immolated to (the name of) any other than Allah. But he who is driven by necessity, neither craving nor transgressing, it is no sin for him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.” (“Al-Baqarah” [The Heifer], verse 173.)
• Tiger milk: Overt animosity.
• Deer milk: A vow.
• Donkey milk: A slight disease or welfare.
• Fox milk: A mild disease.
• Cat milk: A mild disease or a dispute leading to relations breaking off.
• Bear milk: Harm and a quick-coming catastrophe.
• Drinking snake milk: (1) Will do something that will please God. (2) Relief and escape from harm. In general, curdled milk is a bad omen, but it could also herald a trip. Curdled milk whose water has been drained means that the dreamer will listen to women. Sour milk or yogurt means that benefits will be reaped, but not without trouble and painful events. Some dream interpreters consider it dirty money. It could also mean that the dreamer is dealing with bankrupt people, because its cream has been removed from it, or he might be expecting a nice gesture from evil persons. The whey or watery part of milk is an overwhelming debt, in view of its sour taste.
Tooth Dream Explanation
— The teeth symbolize all those living in the house of the dreamer. The upper ones are the men, the lower the women, the canine tooth the patriarch of the family, the right central incisor the father, the left the uncle or father’s brother. Otherwise, the latter two teeth represent two brothers or two sons or two friends who are brothers. The lateral incisor is the cousin or son of the brother’s father; the premolars are the mother’s brothers or sisters or their substitutes. The molars are the grandparents and little male children. The lower right central incisor is the mother, the lower left central incisor the father’s sister. In other interpretations, the latter two refer to two sisters or two daughters, or similar persons. The lower lateral incisor represents the daughters of the father’s brothers and sisters. The lower canine is the first lady of the family. The lower premolars are the daughters of the uncle and aunt from the mother’s side. The lower molars are the remote female relatives on the man’s side and the little girls. It could also be that the mouth represents the house and the teeth its dwellers. Teeth decaying, falling, or being lost means disappearance, hardships, or death. Their retrieval means recovery or return of the lost or absent. Teeth dashing against each other means a dispute or a controversy in the house. Sores in the mouth mean something is wrong with the family. Dirty teeth allude to the notoriety or bad reputation of the house. Plaque or the yellow incrustation on the teeth is a sign that the family is weak. Cleaning them means that money will be spent to end family worries. The whiteness, length, and beauty of the teeth symbolize strength, money, and prestige.
• Dreaming of an incisor growing over a current one: A new member will join the household. But if pain ensues, it means that the newcomer will bring about shame and troubles.
• Extracting one’s teeth: The dreamer is not supporting his family or is spending unwillingly.
• Throwing one’s teeth by pushing them with the tongue: The dreamer’s family will be harmed by foolish statements on the dreamer’s part.
• Teeth made of gold: Good dream for a scholar or an orator; otherwise it means disease or a fire.
• Having silver teeth: Financial losses.
• Having glass or wooden teeth: Death.
• In general, falling teeth mean obstacles or the settlement of debts.
• Teeth falling without pain: Hopes will be dashed.
• Teeth falling with pain: Something will disappear from the dreamer’s house. The front teeth falling: The dreamer will be unable to achieve something by pleading. If there is pain or blood or flesh being snatched, hopes will be dashed.
• The front teeth falling and others pushing instead: Things will change or be rearranged.
• The upper teeth falling into one’s hand: Money is coming.
• The upper teeth falling on one’s knees: A male child will be born.
• Teeth falling on the ground: Death.
• Teeth growing in the heart: Death.
• Catching a falling tooth and refraining from burying it: Will give advice to whomever that tooth refers to.
• All the teeth of healthy, free persons, or travellers falling: (1) Long disease. (2) Troubles of all kinds but no death, because the teeth of those who die do not fall. Therefore, the same dream is a good one for those who are already ill. It means that they will recover fast. (3) For travelling merchants the dream means that their luggage or cargo is light, especially if the teeth were seen moving.
• All the teeth falling, but catching them up in one’s sleeve or seeing them falling on the knees: Will live long, till all the teeth fall, and will have a large family at home.
• Teeth falling and picking them up with one’s hand or beard: The dreamer’s children will break with him; no more children will be born, and if ever one is born he will not stay to be brought up by the dreamer.
• All the teeth falling and disappearing from the dreamer’s sight: (1) His family or his household will die before him. (2) People of his generation or of the same age will die.
• People chewing the dreamer’s flesh or biting
him with their teeth: The dreamer should be modest, which he is not.
• Teeth breaking: The dreamer will settle his debts, little by little.
• The teeth getting longer and bigger: A dispute or rivalry in the dreamer’s house between members of his family.
• Someone whose teeth are black, eroded, and twisted dreaming that they have fallen: Will overcome all kinds of hardships.
• Dreaming of brushing or cleaning one’s teeth with a piece of wood (Arabic: miswak) as the Holy Prophet used to do: The dreamer is supporting his parents and good to his relatives.
• Brushing one’s teeth with something unclean: The dreamer is spending dirty money beyond his will.
• Having pain in one tooth or a molar: The dreamer will hear something bad from the relative whom that tooth represents inasmuch as the pain was severe.
| || |