| |Toe Dream Explanation
— See Foot.
Tripping Dream Explanation
— (Debts; Slipping; Step lightly; Stumble) To stumble by catching one's foot or hurting one's toe
in a dream means accumulating debts. If one's toe
bleeds from tripping out in the dream, it means acquiring unlawful or tainted money to pay other debts, or it could mean suffering a great financial loss. (Also see Walking)
Incident Dream Explanation
— A man said to Imam Ibn Seerin: "I saw a big
bull coming out of a small rock, and I shook hands with him in a dream. The bull then wanted to return inside the rock, but he couldn't." Ibn Seerin replied: "Indeed; sometimes a man may say a big
word, then regrets what he had said, though he cannot change it."
Foot Dream Explanation
— The foot symbolizes a man’s style and wealth. The toes are his male children, his boys, his servants, and his maids or slaves.
• One’s feet stretching upward or toward the sky till they are detached from the body: Two male children will die.
• Seeing one or many toes taking off to the sky: Some of the dreamer’s boys, maidens, or slave girls will die.
• Having hair on the toes: An overwhelming debt. Excessive hair means that the hero of such a dream will die in prison.
• Committing adultery with one’s foot: The dreamer is in pursuit of illegitimate, unconventional, or perverse sexual practices.
• Having many feet: (1) For a rich person, disease. (2) Will go blind. (3) Will go behind bars where the dreamer cannot walk freely or unaccompanied by a guard.
• A foot turning into stone: The dreamer will lose such a foot.
• Kicking the king or ruler: The dreamer will find in the street a coin with that person’s image on it.
• Stepping on embers or live coal to extinguish it, then withdrawing one’s foot, then stepping again, and so on and so forth: The dreamer is a whimsical person and a fatalist or likes to talk about destiny.
• The big toe
having been cut off: (1) The dreamer will resume relations with someone or some folk. (2) The dreamer will lose a source of living.
• The sole of the foot or the foot itself having been severed: Will be maimed.
Butterfly Dream Explanation
— The butterfly is a weak person with a big
Salted Fish Dream Explanation
— Salted fish whether small or big
symbolise grief and sorrow caused by a perbond servants, subordinates or brother.
Posterior Part Dream Explanation
— (Also see Anus and Buttocks.) The posterior part represents the woman’s wealth.
• A wife having a big
posterior part: She has plenty of money.
• The dreamer himself having a big
posterior: He will have influence, thanks to his wife’s money.
• A man uncovering his bottom to the dreamer: Will feed the dreamer well, then turn his back to him. If that man is young and the dreamer sees his anus, he will be snubbed by the latter. In the event of an old man known to the dreamer, that person, in particular, will cause people to turn away from the dreamer. If the old man was unknown, people would turn their back to the dreamer without his knowing why or discovering the source of such an attitude.
• A man uncovering the dreamer till his posterior part appears: He will disgrace the dreamer before his folk.
• A woman showing her posterior part to the dreamer and allowing him to see her anus: Matters will come to a head, and the dreamer will be in business and have influence but contract debts.
Timber and Firewood Dream Explanation
— Hard timber implies hypocrisy in habits or in matters relating to Deen. The same implies to firewood, small or big
, dry or green.
An Ox or Bull with Horns Dream Explanation
— It symbolises a big
and powerful deputy of the king who wields great power and exercises great control. Such a person enjoys the liberty of granting benefits to others.
Incident Dream Explanation
— A man came to Imam Ibn Seerin and said: "I saw big
bird that landed upon a jasmine tree in a dream, and he ate all its flowers." Ibn Seeri'n's face became alarmed as he replied: "Your dream means the death of scholars."
Amber Dream Explanation
— Amber symbolizes a malady. Plenty of amber means benefit, but not without toiling. Seeing a big
piece of amber means protracted disease.
Birth Dream Explanation
— See Childbirth.
• A male child born to a man: Big
calamity is ahead.
• A female child born to a man: Benefits.
Catarrh Dream Explanation
— The catarrh is acquired money that does not fructify.
• Expectorating catarrh: (1) If an ordinary person, will spend secretly. (2) If ill, will heal and be relieved. (3) If a scholar, knowledge is not so big
• Expectorating hair, threads, or water particles: Will live long. In general, clean water coming out of the mouth means knowledge, advice, or truthful statements from which people will benefit.
Mulberry Tree Dream Explanation
— (Sycamore, bibl.) In a dream, a mulberry tree represents a person in a high position who has many children, who is big
in size but ill mannered, who benefits no one, though he remains well respected. If one gets some of its fruits in his dream, it means that he will receive something from such a person. If he is hurt by its thorns in the dream, the same will take place in wakefulness. When maple trees, tamarisk trees and shrubs are mixed together in a dream, they mean victory and glad tidings for one who is contemplating a war or gearing for a fight. However, for the rest of people, these trees in a dream mean poverty and meekness.
Chewing Dream Explanation
— (Greed) To chew food other than for grinding or eating one's meal in a dream means an illness or loss of appetite. Chewing gum in a dream means earning money coupled with ugly words that will grow to become a big
fight and that will lead to a court appearance. The source of it all begins with greed. Anything that is chewed in a dream means an exchange of words. The only exception to it is chewing a stick of sugar cane in a dream. In that case, it means lauding someone or hearing pleasing words one desires to hear over and over. (Also see Chewing food; Chewing gum; Greed)
Incident Dream Explanation
— Once a man saw a big
tent and a poor man sitting under it in his dream. The man under the tent was addressing a prince in Turkish and telling him without bending: "One thousand shirts, Oh Futuh!" When he woke up, the man told his dream to a sheikh, who replied: "The prince in that dream will attain a great kingdom." Sometime later, a man was placed on the throne and was known by Al-Malik Al-ZJihir , also known as Abi-Fatih Futuh. Remembering his dream, the man went to Al-Malik Al-Zahir and related his dream to him. Immediately, the king Al-Zahir ordered that one thousand shirts be distributed to the poor people of that town.
Policeman Dream Explanation
— The policeman symbolizes the Archangel of Death or big
trouble and worries. Accompanied by his aides, he represents alarm (not just fear); sorrow; danger; a powerful, evil, and wicked individual or many of them; harm from whimsical behaviour; and ferocious beasts.
• An influential person dreaming of a policeman: He will demand pledges and set certain conditions for his subjects, or vice versa.
• Dreaming of imprisoning certain people as a policeman: The dreamer will be on bad terms and have trouble with his subordinates.
• A polytheist having gone to Paradise, prayed in the direction of the Qiblah (Mecca (Makkah)) or entered a stronghold with a clear conscience: Will become a Muslim.
• A well-off person seeing a polytheist: The former seeks learning and will subdue his enemies.
• A poor and exposed person seeing a polytheist: Will befriend members of rotten sects.
Belly Dream Explanation
— (See Abdomen.) The belly, stomach, or abdomen symbolizes the person’s safe, money, offspring, relatives or clan members, or the shelter of his children.
• Having a big
belly: (1) Plenty of money, children, et cetera. (2) Usury. (3) The dreamer has spent his money on sins, feels sorry about it, and would like to expiate.
• Having a small belly without feeling hungry: Dearth of resources. If the dreamer felt hungry, it would mean that he is careful with money and will obtain as much money as the hunger he felt in the dream.
• The belly getting small: The dreamer has too many things.
• Feeling full: The dreamer is loaded.
• Crawling on the belly: The dreamer relies too much on money.
• Having pain in the stomach: The dreamer’s household and relatives are in good health.
Pregnancy Dream Explanation
— In general, pregnancy means that the dreamer’s share in life will increase, be he a man or a woman. But there is a host of contradictions in the interpretation of such a dream.
• Seeing one’s wife pregnant: The dreamer is aiming for something.
• A man dreaming that he is pregnant: (1) His share in the world will increase inasmuch as the belly was big
. (2) Sorrow is ahead. (3) If he had given birth to a boy (in the dream), that means big
calamity. Conversely, a girl means benefit. (4) He has severe problems and worries that nobody has noticed yet. They are likely to grow further, and he might be uncovered. (5) If a scholar, the dreamer will acquire more knowledge. (6) If a craftsman, the dreamer will earn money to somebody else’s benefit. (7) He is staying next to an enemy, or his neighbour is an enemy. (8) He is deeply in love. (9) He brings together men and women. (10) A robber will break in his house. (11) A wicked woman will hide in his place. (12) He is sowing in the wrong land. (13) He will steal something and hide it. (14) He will perish by the cord (a homonym for pregnancy in Arabic, the word for both being habl). (15) He will get ill after eating dates. (16) He will have a dropsy (kind of swelling). (17) A foreigner dear to the dreamer will be buried at his place. (18) The dreamer is a liar who brags and pretends that he can do impossible things. (19) He is concealing his corrupt faith and creed.
• A boy under the age of puberty being pregnant: A reference to his father.
• A pregnant woman: (1) Her wealth will increase, commensurate with the size of her belly. (2) She will persevere till she makes the money she wants, which will grow constantly. She will be proud of her achievements and highly dignified and praised. (3) Trouble, unhappiness, worries, and concealed matters.
• A girl under the age of puberty being pregnant: A reference to her mother.
• A maiden getting pregnant: (1) Bitter events will occur to her family because of her. (2) Evil—like a robbery or a fire—at her place. (3) She will be possessed by a demon. (4) The clothes made or given to her on the occasion of her wedding will not suit her or will not be to her liking. (5) She will be wedded to an incapable person. (6) She will be deflowered before marriage and hence stay single for a long time. (7) She will get married.
• A single woman dreaming of being pregnant: Will get married.
• An old woman being pregnant: (1) A reference to an arsenal or an arms cache. (2) A reference to unemployment. (3) Fertility after drought.
• A pregnant animal, especially a good and useful one: Benefits and welfare.
• A sterile woman or a bull being pregnant: A year characterized by drought, barrenness, intrigues, and evil brought about by bandits and atheists. If, afterward, a frightening or ferocious animal is born, it means that evil, misery, fear, or worries will disappear.
Butterfly Dream Explanation
— (Moth; Silkworm) In a dream, a butterfly signifies ignorance, lack of experience with people, or inexperience with the proper protocol. A butterfly in a dream also could signify love and sacrificing one's life for others. A butterfly in a dream also represents fire worshipers, fear, or a weak enemy who speaks big
words. If a farmer sees butterflies in his dream, it means hardships and lack of work, or consenting to evil by associating with evil companions, or befriending vile women. A silkworm in a dream represents the best of people who spend in charity from their best and who curtail their evil, or it could represent children who live a short life in this world, or people who leave a sizeable estate for their posterity. A silkworm, or a butterfly in a dream also could signify a short life, the near end of one's life, a miller, or it could represent a painter. (Also see Magician)
| || |