| |Beating Dream Explanation
— (Blow; Hit; Lash; Whip) To hit someone with a staff in a dream means bringing back to life something that died away or investigating the cause of a death or clarifying something. To beat someone with a wooden stick in a dream means failing to fulfill a promise, or it could mean lying to someone. If someone in authority hits his employee in a dream, it means that he will give him a raise. If he hits him on his back in the dream, it means that he will pay his debt. If he hits him on his backside in the dream, it means that he will give him a daughter in marriage. If one hits someone head with a stick in a dream, it means that he desires his position or it may denote his jealousy. If one hits someone between the eyes in a dream, it means that he wants him to get lost. Beating
someone in a dream also means to rebuke, revile or insult him, or it could mean to admonish him. Beating
someone over his scull in a dream means that the victim in the dream will attain excellence of expression and reach his goals. If he hits him over the earlobe and if it bleeds in the dream, it means that the assailant will rape and deflower the daughter of the victim. Like that, interpreting the subject of beating
must be associated with the meaning of the limb affected in the dream. (See Body). Beatings in a dream also connotes supplications. If one sees himself beating
a donkey in a dream, it means that he does not earn his daily bread unless he regularly prays for it. To beat someone in a dream also means cursing him. If he hits him over the head in the dream, it means speaking ill of him and that one cannot retrieve his words or apologize for them. Beating
a family member in a dream means that one's wife is committing adultery. Beating
someone in a dream also means benefiting him, or it could mean business losses. If one is beaten in a dream, it means profits and benefits, unless if the one beating
him is an angel, or a deceased person, or a member of his family. Beating
someone with a leather belt or with a cane in a dream means bad consequences in wakefulness. Hitting the floor in a dream means taking a trip. If one receives one hundred lashes on his back in a dream, it means that he has committed adultery, or it could mean that he has the intention to do so. If one receives forty lashes in a dream, it means that he indulges in drinking alcohol or uses intoxicants. If he is lashed eighty times in a dream, it means that he slanders married women. If he is whipped by a deceased person in the dream, it means that he is pursuing wrong ideas and should reverse his course, for a deceased person dwells in the kingdom of truth and follows only what pleased Allah Almighty. However, if one sees himself in a dream beating
a deceased person, this could be interpreted to denote the strength of his faith, certitude, prayers and charitable nature. It also could mean benefits from a business trip or pursuing a lost interest. Beating
in a dream when it causes no pain, bleeding or scratches means receiving a new garment, paying debts, or hearing sarcastic comments. Beating
an animal in a dream means either training him, or it could mean ignorance and being unfair toward such an animal.
Hitting Dream Explanation
— (See Beating)
Lashing Dream Explanation
— (Beat; Hit; Whip) Lashing someone with a whip in a dream means speaking ill of him, or slandering him. If he bleeds in the dream, then it means business losses. (Also see Beating)
Beat Dream Explanation
— • The one beaten in the dream will benefit from his assailant, unless he was beaten with a wooden stick, in which case it would mean that the said assailant will make a promise to the dreamer and fail to keep it.
• A king beating
the dreamer with a piece of wood or a wooden stick: He will be dressed by that king.
Madness Dream Explanation
— Madness alludes to many things, foremost among which is love passion. It also refers to beating
and, conversely, to good deeds.
• Being insane: (1) The dreamer will obtain as much money as he appeared mad, but will spend beyond his means with the help of an evil companion. (2) The dreamer will inherit clothes. (3) The dreamer will wield tremendous power or become a ruler, if eligible. (4) The dreamer will go to Paradise.
• A little boy going mad: He will bring his father a fortune and make him rich.
• A woman losing her mind: A fertile year.
Lamenting Dream Explanation
— (Mourning; Wailing; Yowling) Lamenting and desiring something in a dream connotes evil. Lamentation in a dream also represents a preacher or it could represent a putrid odor that comes from opening the door of a filthy lavatory. Lamentation in a dream also represents dogs yowling, drum beating
, the ringing sound of cymbals, or it could mean a wedding. Sitting in a place where people are lamenting and mourning their dead in a dream means that an ominous evil may take place in that locality, or perhaps it could mean separation between families and friends. If one sees himself mourning a deceased person in a dream, it means that harm will come to him from the descendents or family of the departed person. Lamenting with great pain and sorrow and mourning over a deceased person in a dream also means waking up to a great joy and happiness. Lamenting in a dream also means adversities which are driven by the person who is lamenting. It also means going astray, or it could denote a flute, as the flute denotes lamenting in a dream. Lamenting in a dream also represents the work of ignorance.
Insanity Dream Explanation
— (Craziness; Excitement; Madman; Mental derangement) In a dream, insanity or any of the above conditions represent prosperity, merit and prestige. Insanity in a dream also indicates desiring the world, festivities, or social fun for one who seeks such connections. If one acts irrationally as a consequence of something that affected his life in a dream, it denotes profits he earns from usury. Seeing oneself extremely happy and excited in a dream means entering paradise. In general, insanity represents profits equal to the degree of one's irrational behavior in his dream. How mad is he in his dream may indicate how rich he will become. However, such profits will be spent in sinful ways and in the company of an evil companion. Insanity in a dream also can be interpreted as receiving an inheritance. The madness of one's son in a dream represents the father's benefits. The madness of a woman in a dream represents a good harvest for that year. Insanity in a dream is also interpreted as being madly in love. It also could signify suffering from harsh beating
, or perhaps it could mean offering good deeds without anticipating any reward. (Also see Irrationality; Mental derangement; Mental hospital)
Bees Dream Explanation
— In a dream, bees represent prosperity, or a dangerous adventure. Seeing a beehive and extracting honey from it in a dream means earning lawful money. Taking all the honey from the beehive and leaving nothing for the bees in a dream means being unjust. If bees sit over one's head in a dream, it means winning the presidency over people. If bees sit in someone's hands in a dream, they mean a good crop for a farmer, while for someone else, they means a fight. Bees in a dream also represent an army. Killing bees in a dream means obliterating one's enemy. Bees in a dream also represent scholars, knowledge compilers, striving hard or collecting taxes. Bees in a dream also represent a bread winner who is a hard working person, stern and sometime dangerous, though he does bring some benefits to his companions. A bee sting in a dream means harm driven by a group of adversaries. Bees in a dream also mean taking a beating
or falling sick. Bees in a dream also represent the army of believers, while locusts represent the army of disbelievers. A bee in a dream also represents a seer. (Also see Beehive)
Monkey Dream Explanation
— A monkey in a dream represents someone with every type of faults. Fighting with a monkey and beating
him in a dream means falling sick then recovering from one's illness. If the monkey wins the fight, then it means falling to an illness that has no cure. A monkey in a dream also represents a sinner and a criminal. Monkey's bite in a dream represents a fight or having an argument with someone. A monkey in a dream also represents a deceitful person, a sorcerer, or an illness. If one becomes a monkey in a dream, it means profiting from sorcery, or engaging in adultery. A monkey in a dream also represents a defeated enemy. Riding on the back of a monkey in a dream means winning a war against one's enemy. Eating monkey's flesh in a dream means suffering from depression, becoming poor, alcoholic, deprived, or suffering from an illness that could lead one near his death. If one is offered a monkey as a gift in a dream, it means that he will defeat and capture an enemy, or it could mean that he will betray a trust. Carrying a monkey over one's shoulders in a dream means stealing something from one's house, or something that belongs to his family. A monkey in a dream also represents a filthy and a loathsome person. Owning a monkey in a dream means suffering major losses in one's life. A monkey in a dream also means committing a sin, disobedience to Allah's commands, or becoming despised. (Also see Gibbon)
Penny Dream Explanation
— (Cent; Money) For a pregnant woman, pennies in a dream represent a son, or a sign of gratitude, prayers and remembrance of Allah, or they could mean assaulting someone, or beating
him. If one receives pennies in a stack in a dream, it means that someone will place a trust with him. Pennies in a dream also mean talking. If they look new, the conversation will be meaningful. Pennies in a dream also mean solving someone's problem, or performing one's prayers. Counting pennies in a dream means valuing one's deeds. Nickels, dimes, quarters, halves, or other coins or tokens in a dream represent worldly gains and prosperity. If pennies are tied to one's wrist in a dream, they represent his livelihood. Owing money in a dream means that one will be summoned to testify in a court of justice. If his pennies are old, chipped, or broken in the dream, they denote a faltering faith. Losing a penny in a dream means wasting time and money, or wasting one's words, or advising an ignorant person who will not heed his advice. If one's pennies carry the picture of a person in a dream, it means that both the carrier and the one who mints these pennies are innovators. Broken pennies in half in a dream represent an enmity that cannot be healed. Receiving money in a dream is better than giving it. If one's actual liquid asset turns into pennies in a dream, it means insolvency or bankruptcy. If one's little money grow in a dream, it means prosperity. (Also see Cent; Money)
Slave Dream Explanation
— The Arabic word for slave girl is jariyah: The running one or the running thing or matter, from jary, running. It follows that her sight in the dream is a good augury inasmuch as she appears pretty, well dressed, and perfumed, heralding something good coming. But it could also mean a transient intrigue or plight.
• Owning, buying, or being offered or sleeping with a slave girl or seeing one coming to the dreamer: (1) The return of or some news or a letter from an absent person. (2) Better winds (for a sailor). (3) Business success. (4) Smooth livelihood (for someone experiencing some hardships).
• Buying a white slave girl: Trade benefits and welfare.
• Buying a yellow slave girl (Asian): (1) Hurdles. (2) Disease.
• Buying a black slave girl: Will escape trouble and worries.
• Selling a slave girl of any race: (1) Poverty and need. (2) Will sell one’s house. (3) Will sell a household utensil.
• A smiling and nice-looking slave girl coming to the dreamer: (1) Benefits. (2) The chief will accede to the dreamer’s demands. (3) The return of an absent one.
• An ugly slave girl coming to the dreamer: Something undesirable will happen.
• A slave girl chasing the public and inciting them to bloodshed: Intrigue will break out.
• A slave girl beating
people or beating
drums: Great welfare for the people, commensurate with her beauty.
• An adorned Muslim slave girl: Will hear some good news from an unexpected source.
• An adorned atheist slave girl: Will hear some good news in an obscene language or involving some obscenities.
• An unsmiling slave girl: Will hear some bad news.
• A weak or oppressed slave girl: Worries and poverty.
• A snaked slave girl: Will lose in a transaction and get involved in a business scandal.
• Acquiring a maiden slave girl: Will make a lucrative transaction and own a rich farm.
• A beautiful and attractive slave girl whose face is covered with a transparent veil: Concealed welfare and virtue.
• A beautiful but vulgar slave girl: Welfare that everybody will know about.
• An attractive slave girl completely veiled, save for her beautiful eyes: Confused welfare.
• A beautiful slave girl whose face is uncovered: General welfare.
• The contending type of adolescent slave girls: Aspirations.
• A single woman dreaming that she has been bought as a slave: Marriage will come soon.
• Setting free one’s wife seen as a slave in the dream: Will divorce her.
• A man selling his wife as if she were a slave: Will divorce her.
• Seeing a slave man: Worries.
• A free man dreaming that he has become a slave: (1) Will become the slave of his own philanthropy, charity, and virtue, a slave of the Almighty, observing all religious tenets promoting virtue and dissuading people from committing any vice. (2) Will become the slave of his own passion and vice. (3) Will contract debts to the extent of becoming the slave of his creditor (s). (4) Will hire yourself out. (5) Will be enslaved by a disease. (6) Will experience real worries.
• A free man dreaming that he has been sold as a slave: (1) Will fall in a trap or will face hardships, because selling a free man is a humiliation. (2) Will be promoted and dignified. (3) Will receive some benefit (the story of Joseph).
• A slave man dreaming that he has become free: (1) Relief from hardships. (2) Settlement of debts. (3) Fulfilment of aspirations. (4) Recovery from a disease.
• A free man dreaming that he has been bought as a slave by a woman: Honour and dignity commensurate with the price paid for him.
• A man dreaming that he has become a slave owned by his enemy: Will be defeated and humiliated.
• Freeing a slave: Sacrifice. Hence a man dreaming that he has been set free from slavery will be the object of a sacrifice.
• An indebted free person or one who has committed some sin dreaming that he has been set free from slavery: God will come to his rescue, or he will repent.
• A bondsman dreaming that he has been set free: (1) The possible death of his master or himself. (2) If ill, will die. (3) Fewer benefits. (4) If the master was a renegade or a disbeliever, he will repent or embrace Islam and be safe from Hell’s inferno.
• A bondsman dreaming that he has died: Will be set free.
Fart Dream Explanation
— (Breaking wind; Passing gas; Foolishness; Wind) Passing gas in a dream means hearing or speaking vile words, or suffering from adversities, or it could mean dispersing a group of people, telling a shocking news, stupidity, belittling people, lies, using insulting words, or it could represent the sound that could emanate from beating
someone. If one breaks wind with a loud sound in a dream, it means that he will address someone with harsh words. If one sees himself sitting with people and unwillingly passes gas or breaks wind in a dream, it means that his difficulties, sorrows or stress will be dispelled, though with horridness and repulsiveness. If one breaks wind intentionally in such a gathering in a dream, then it means committing an evil act and suffering from its consequences. If one passes gas without noise in his dream, it means that he will receive a sarcastic commendation that matches the smell of his fart. If one breaks wind in a dream while sitting with a group of people who are experiencing difficulties, it means that their difficulties will be dispelled, and their suffering will ease. If they are merchants, it means that their merchandise will move faster. If one forces himself to break wind in a dream, it means that he will carry a burden greater than he can bear. If one breaks wind along with passing gas in his dream, it means that he will attain success in his life, and he will receive honor and profits from an important business trip. However, it is possible that his interests will become diverse, or that he could lose his focus, then he will return home free from such burdens. To fart from the mouth in a dream means faltering or a slip of a tongue, an accident, suffering from gum irritation, a stroke that will affect one's speech, or it could mean developing ill habits that will cause him to feel ashamed of himself in public.
Tomcat Dream Explanation
— (Book of records; Cat; Reckoning; Siamese cat; Thief) In a dream, a tomcat means a thief or a servant. A cat in a dream also represents an evil and a treacherous woman. The same interpretation is given for anyone who compasses people, or guards them, or someone who harms the interests of his employer more than he benefits him. If a tomcat scratches someone or bites him in a dream, it means that he will fall sick for a full year. The bite of a wildcat in a dream is more dangerous and has greater implications. If one sees a tomcat sitting peacefully and quietly in his house in a dream, it means that he will have a comfortable, peaceful and a profitable year. Otherwise, a large wildcat in the dream represents a troublesome year. Selling a tomcat in a dream means spending one's money in various charities. Eating a cat in a dream means learning about sorcery. If one sees himself transformed into a tomcat in a dream, it means that he lives from stealing and seeks what is harmful. A tomcat entering one's house in a dream represents a robber. Whatever a tomcat takes from one's house in the dream will be looted by such a thief. Killing or beating
a tomcat in a dream means catching a thief or killing him. If one extracts fat from a cat in a dream, it means that he will receive stolen money or a share thereof. Fighting with a tomcat in a dream means an affliction with a long and a debilitating illness that will be followed by a complete recovery. If the tomcat loses the fight, and if the man is already sick, it means that he will recover from his illness shortly thereafter. Otherwise, if he loses in the dream, it means that his illness has reached its peak. A cat or a tomcat in a dream also represent reckoning, estrangement of one's wife, her roughness with her husband, or they could represent ill behaved children with their parents, fights, theft, adultery, lack of loyalty, eavesdropping, taunting, roaring, clamor, a bastard son, a foundling or an orphan. On the other hand, a cat in a dream could represent a toadying person, dancing, being playful and kind, though awaiting to jump at the first opportunity to spoil others peace. If the cat, the tomcat and the mouse, or the lamb and the wolf become friends in the dream, it means hypocrisy, affectation and loss of moral standards. A civet cat in a dream represents a man who may have a suspicious look, though his character and conduct are exemplary. (Also see Cat)
Donkey Dream Explanation
— (Ass; Obstinate person; Steadfastness) In a dream, a donkey means a boy, a child, a wife, livelihood, a man of knowledge without work, or it could mean travels. Riding a donkey in a dream also may mean easing of one's difficulties. Riding any animal without the required saddling in a dream means imposition upon oneself or others or unnecessary and inadequate going out of one's way. Riding a donkey or a mule in a dream also represents one's ornaments, children, a rich wife, wealth or a profitable business. The braying of a donkey, a mule or a mare in a dream may mean evil, excruciating trouble, an illegitimate child born from adultery or evil spirits. Riding a big donkey in a dream connotes a respectable rank. An upright walking donkey represents worldly benefits. A beautiful looking donkey or a white donkey in a dream means adornment. An emaciated donkey in a dream represents poverty, while a fat donkey means money. A black donkey means happiness, honor and prosperity and a green donkey means fear of wrongdoing. A donkey fit with a saddle in a dream represents a respected son. A donkey with a long tail in a dream represents lasting dynasty. His hoofs represent one's money. The death of a donkey represents the death of its owner, or rupture and breaking of one's relationship with his friends or family, the death of one's supporter, selling a dear property, divorce, travel or death of a husband. A lost donkey with an unknown master in a dream represents an ignorant, obtrusive and a demanding person. To own donkeys in a dream means mixing with a group of ignorant people. If one's donkey becomes obstinate and does not move forward except with beating
in a dream, it means that one's sustenance and earnings come only through supererogatory prayers and increased devotion. An obedient donkey in a dream represents the vigilance of its owner. Driving a donkey inside one's house in a dream means bringing new income. Only the braying of a donkey is disliked in a dream, though the rest is generally beneficial. A donkey in a dream represents honesty in seeking one's livelihood and earning clean money. If it indicates the person who is seeing the dream, then it means that he buys and sells impure merchandise, pigs, monkeys, toys or games. (Also see Zebra)
Back Dream Explanation
— (Behind; Posterior; Rear side) In a dream, the back of a human being represents what people hold for him of praises or blame, acceptance or rejection, honor or humiliation, or it could represents one's debts. Seeing the back of a human being in a dream also means following his tracks or practices. If a positive look manifests therein, such as a sweet fragrance or the emergence of a radiant light, or if it turns into iron in the dream, it signifies one's gratitude regarding his own condition. In a dream, the rear side of the human being represents his outward appearance or what renders the human being acceptable, or it could represent his garment, an ostentatious person, a show of grandeur, pride about one's social class, a show of being wealthy, the surroundings of one's house, the outskirts of a town, the outer display of one's religion or his school of thought. A broken back in a dream means fear, distress and sorrow. If one sees his rear side dark in color, black or red in a dream, it means that he may suffer from physical abuse and beating
during a fight. Seeing one's own back in a dream also could mean buying new clothing, or it could mean feeling strong because of one's knowledge, his son, power, political connections, wealth or property. Seeing one's back in a dream also could mean to repudiate one's wife. If one's back is seared or cauterized in a dream, it denotes stinginess, or it could mean that he fails to comply with Allah's rights upon him. If one sees his back bent in a dream, it means a misfortune. If one sees the back of his friend in a dream, it means that his friend will turn his back to him at times when he needs him most. If one sees the back of his enemy in a dream, it means that he will be guarded against his threats. If one sees the back of an old woman in a dream, it means that the world is turning its back to him. If she is in her middle age in the dream, it means that he is seeking something hard to obtain. If she is a young woman in the dream, it means that he is expecting something and must be patient to acquire it. One's back also represents old age. Back pain in a dream means poverty, sickness, debility, imprisonment of one's boss or the death of a brother. One's back in a dream also represents one's dependence on a strong person. If one sees himself carrying a heavy load on his back in a dream, it means debts, or a vicious neighbor. A broken back in a dream means losing one's strength and power, or it could mean one's death. If a sick person sees his back broken in a dream, it means that the person who is taking care of him may die shortly, or it could mean that he will suffer from poverty. Carrying burdens over one's back in a dream means sins. Carrying a coffin or a load of merchandise over one's back in a dream means carrying forgotten debts that will surface at awkward times. Carrying wood over one's back in a dream means backbiting, slandering people and reporting lies. Carrying a heavy load over one's back in a dream also means having many children with little money to sustain them. Seeing a hunchbacked person in a dream means prosperity, longevity or having a large family. (Also see Backbone; Backside; Body)
Incident Dream Explanation
— this incident is related to a group of people living on the Island of Saqliyyah . It is narrated that their king was bent on annihilating the Muslims. For this, he prepared a powerful navy comprising of thousands of soldiers. At this point he saw a dream in which he saw himself mounted on an elephant while drums were beaten and trumpets were blown before him. When he awoke he summoned some of his clergymen and asked them to interpret the dream. They gave him the glad tiding of victory. He demanded proof from them for their interpretation. The said that the elephant is the most powerful animal on land and mounting such a powerful animal means becoming the master of power and strength. And the beating
of drums and blowings of trumpets are signs of happiness, ecstasy and victory. Also drums are only beaten in the presence of asking if there is some reason for happiness. When the king heard this, he became both surprised and delighted. He then summoned some Jewish ulama and asked them for their interpretation. They also interpdreted the dream as a glad tiding of victory. He then called some Muslim ulamaa and demanded that they interpret the dream. They all pointed to an experienced Alim to respond to the king's demand. The Alim said to the king that he would interpret the dream only if he guaranteed their safety which he did. The learned Alim interpreted the dream thus; “O king, I see no wisdom in your wanting to kill the Muslims and marching on them for this purpose. Please do not deploy your army for they will not return to you alive. They will be defeated and destroyed. And do not for one moment think that I give this interpretation because I am a Muslim”. The king asked him for proof to which he replied that the Holy Book of Allah was the source for his proof. He quoted the verse: Have you not seen what your Lord had done to the people of the elephants. He recited the entire Surah Feel. The king said: “This is your proof regarding the elephants. What have you to say about the drums?” He recited the verse: And when the trumpet will be blowns, this will be a very hard day for the non-believers-not an easy one. When the king heard this he became utterly shocked and perplexed since the Shaikh's explanation was rational and irrefutable. To avoid embarrassment to himself he dismissed the sheikh and his colleagues saying that he would have believed him if he (the sheikh) were not a Muslim. But since he is a Muslim he is biased in his delivery of interpretation. The Shaikh said: “You will soon find out for yourself, o king!”. When the sheikh and his colleagues departed the king began to ponder deeply about what the sheikh had said. He became convinced and decided not to go ahead with his plans. When the clergy heard of this they approached him and urged him to go ahead with his plan. They reasoned with him not to believe the interpretation of the sheikh as he was a Muslim and a Muslim would obviously be opposed to king Muslims. They also sought his permission to kill the sheikh which he refused. They continued to incite him against the Muslim and urged him to go ahead with his plans. He had no choice but to accede. He deployed a huge army under the command of his son. The two sides met in the middle of the sea. For three days a fierce battle ensued between the Muslims and non-Muslims. One the third day the Christians army was defeated. Not a single person was spared. When the king came to learn about this, he called for the sheikh and admitted his folly before him. He then secretly accepted Islam at his hands and bestowed many of his favours on him. It is said that he also learned the Holy Quran by the Shaikh and this affair of the king became popular in Saqliyyah.
Elephant Dream Explanation
— Dream interpreters differ about what the elephant symbolizes in dreams. Some of them regard it as a gigantic foreign king, feared, cool, and heartless, but well trained in the arts of war and capable of lifting extraordinary weights. By contrast, others say it is a good and extremely tolerant, patient, and generous king. The elephant also symbolizes hardworking people or the working class, in view of its nature and hard tasks, the devout, the learned, and the noble. Certain interpreters feel it represents an obese woman or a cursed man, because it belongs to the category of those metaphor hosed by God, according to religious beliefs. A man told Ibn Siren he dreamed that he was riding an elephant, to which the great seer replied, “The elephant is not an animal that Muslims usually ride. I’m afraid you are no longer a Muslim.” The elephant is also seen as something great and famous but useless, because people can neither eat its meat nor milk it. More, the elephant is said to be the animal of the Prince of the Inferno. Especially for women and for pious people, those who seek the Hereafter, the sight of an elephant never augurs well. It is not the same for worldly individuals.
• Eating elephant meat or taking any of its limbs, skin, or bones: Money from the ruler.
• Milking an elephant: Will outwit a foreign king and get his money through lawful means.
• Seeing an elephant and failing to ride it: Prestige and fortune will decline. Conversely, riding it, especially by night, means that the dreamer, if eligible, will triumph over a huge but niggardly king (or chief). If the dreamer is not eligible, the same dream would indicate that the dreamer will enter a war but be defeated or get killed in it, in view of the following verses in the Holy Quran: “Hast thou not seen how thy Lord dealt with the owners of the Elephant? Did He not bring their stratagem to naught.” (“Al-Fil” [The Elephant], verses 01–02.)
• Riding an elephant by day: Will divorce one’s wife and sustain harm in the process.
• Riding an elephant with a saddle and driving it at will: (1) Will marry the daughter of a foreign giant. (2) Business will prosper.
• A bachelor riding an elephant: (1) Will get married, possibly to a foreign woman. (2) Will board a ship or the like.
• Seeing an elephant anywhere other than in India: Hardships and terror.
• Herding elephants: Will befriend foreign rulers.
• Seeing a slaughtered elephant in a country: The ruler of that country or one of its celebrities will die.
• An elephant posing a menace to the dreamer or trying to get hold of him: Coming sickness.
• Falling under the elephant’s feet or being foiled by it: Will die, unless the elephant did not step on the dreamer or crush him, in which case he would just face hardships, then escape unharmed.
• Talking to an elephant: Welfare from the king.
• An elephant chasing the dreamer: Harm from the king.
• An elephant beating
the dreamer with its trunk or taking anything from that animal’s trunk: Will strike it rich.
• Two elephants fighting: Two kings are in the same position.
• Elephant dung or droppings: The king’s money.
• An elephant getting out of a city whose ruler is ill: (1) The ruler will die; otherwise, he will be deposed or leave for good. (2) If it is a port city a ship will set sail. (3) Some epidemic or plague will disappear.
• A woman dreaming of riding an elephant: She will die.
Earth Dream Explanation
— (Country; Farm; Floor; Glob; Land; Locality; Place; Property) In a dream, each locality has a particular meaning that relates to its substance and conditions. To see the land of the great gathering on the Day of Resurrection in a dream means the fulfillment of a promise, or that the person seeing the dream is worthy of keeping secrets. Earth in a dream also means becoming rich after poverty, or having peace after experiencing extreme difficulties. It also means a marriage to a beautiful young virgin, or it could mean receiving guidance and attaining a high ranking and an honorable position in the world. To see the glob being carried on the back of a whale or a steer without changing its conditions in a dream means that the king of the country will be dethroned. He will either step down or be replaced by his minister. Sweeping the floor and caring for the floor mat or carpet in a dream means to care for one's community or family. Earth in a dream also represents one's mother, or the governor of the land. Working in a farmland in a dream, seeing its tools, elements, seeds, water, plowing, harvesting, landscaping, blossoming of its flowers, their fragrance, light, whatever positive or negative results one sees therein in a dream represent such success or failure. Seeing an unknown land could denote one's mother, child, husband, wife, partner, guardian, a servant, or it could mean one's heirs. Earth in a dream also may mean arguments, knowledge or clarity of speech. Earth in a dream also represents the element of the world, as the skies represent the element of the hereafter. If both the earth and the skies are seen simultaneously in a dream, it means that they can never be joined together, as the world and the hereafter do not exist in one place. If the top soil of the land is cracked in a dream, it means that the land is rich and arable. Such cracks in a dream also signify the rise of invented religious dogmas and the spread of evil and innovation. Seeing the stretch of the land in a dream means the release of prisoners, or in the case of a pregnant woman, it means the nearing of her delivery. If one sees an earthquake and the destruction of life and property in a dream, this element represents straying from the path, pride and heedlessness. If the earth appears to fold over him in a dream, it means losing one stature in the world, divorce or losing in business. If the earth changes into iron or rocks in one's dream, it means that one's wife will not bear children, or it could mean changing one's trade or profession. If the earth opens and swallows him in a dream, it means that he is ashamed of something he did, or it could mean hurdles in one's business, a journey, or imprisonment. If the earth looks like a desert land in the dream, it may mean that such a person may undertake an urgent trip. Beating
the ground with a stick in a dream means taking a business trip. Eating dirt in a dream means earnings an equal amount of money to what one eats in his dream. If the earth cracks and opens, and if a beast comes and speaks to the people in their own tongue in a dream, it means that people will witness a miracle or a happening that will bewilder everyone. This may also mean nearing the end of one's life. Digging the earth in a dream also means plotting and deceiving others. If the earth speaks good words to someone in the dream, it means that he or she will attain whatever they are told. On the other hand, if the earth reprimands someone in the dream, it means that he must amend his actions for the better and ask for Allah's forgiveness and guidance.
Cow Dream Explanation
— The cow symbolizes the year in view of the story of Yusuf (Joseph) in the Holy Quran. A fat cow is a fertile year and a thin one an austere year. It also represents wealth and prestige and a woman, par excellence, commensurate with her shape. A milk cow is a useful woman. A cow with horns is a woman of marginal value. The cow’s belly symbolizes assets without value, her navel string the wife’s umbilical cord or an allusion to the wife’s pregnancy. A lost cow is a wife lost to her husband.
• Trying to milk a cow that prevents the dreamer from doing so by using her horns: The dreamer’s wife will hate him and rebel against him. If the cow accepts, in the dream, being milked by another man, that man is betraying the dreamer with his wife.
• A cow with a blaze (white color) on her face: Hardships at the beginning of the year, as the word forefront—in Arabic ghorra—is the homonym for beginning.
• A yellow or black cow: A year full of prosperity and joy.
• A cow with a piebald flank: Hardships in the middle of the year.
• A cow with a piebald posterior part: Hardships toward the end of the year.
• A skinned cow: Tragedy will befall relatives.
• A cow half-skinned: Tragedy will befall a sister or a daughter.
• One-quarter of the cow’s meat: Tragedy will befall the dreamer’s woman.
• A small portion of the cow’s meat: Tragedy will befall all relatives.
• Eating beef: Honest earnings during the year.
• A cow’s horns: Years of abundance.
• A notable buying a fat cow: Will be allotted a wealthy province to govern or given a farm as a gift from an aristocrat.
• A bachelor acquiring a cow: Will marry a blessed woman.
• Riding on a cow: (1) Will get married. (2) Wife will die and will inherit from her.
• Riding on an identified cow: Richness and escape from trouble and all sorts of worry.
• Entering one’s own house on a cow’s back and tying her there: Will obtain a fortune, coupled with plenty of joy and the end of worries, especially if her color was black. Conversely, if she hit the dreamer with her horns, the dreamer would lose and never be safe from his family and relatives.
• Having sex with a cow: Will enjoy a year of undue prosperity. The same interpretation of horses colours should apply to cows, which, as mentioned, refer to women or years.
• Seeing in one’s house a cow sucking the milk of her own calf: A woman is trading in her own daughter.
• A man slave milking his master’s cow: Will marry the latter’s daughter.
• Being scratched by a cow or a bull: Will be ill inasmuch as the scratch was severe.
• A cow or a bull raping the dreamer: Will experience hardships and punishment and might even get killed.
• Falling on a cow’s back: Luck will change during the year.
• An ox falling on the dreamer: Will die during that year.
• Having a dispute with a cow: Controversy with a hot-tempered and impolite woman.
• Being bitten or kicked by a cow: Children will betray their father.
a cow or an ox with a stick or biting either one: The dreamer has plenty of sins and should seek God’s forgiveness.
• Cows assembled in a place: Disturbances or riots.
• An identified number of cows entering a city, following each other: Years commensurate with the size of the cows and in the same order. If they entered a coastal city together or at random similar ships will arrive. Otherwise, they would be a series of intrigues very much alike, as the cows faces resemble each other. Yellow or red cows would automatically mean disease and epidemics.
• Cows of different colours with terrible, dreadful horns and fire or smoke coming out of their mouths or noses: Coming enemy soldiers or some kind of assault.
• A pregnant cow: A hopefully fertile year or the dreamer’s wife will become pregnant.
• Milking a cow and drinking that milk: If the dreamer is poor, will become self-sufficient or rich and be dignified. If he is already rich, his wealth and prestige will be enhanced.
• Eating cow ghee: More wealth.
• Being offered a small calf of either sex: Will have a boy.
• Beef and entrails: Money and assets.
• Being given cow skin: Such a skin being taken from the dreamer means he will pay a fine to the authorities.
• Offering a cow to the ruler: If the gift was accepted, the supreme authority will be all ears for the dreamer’s complaints about certain folk. The reverse is also true.
• Slaughtering a cow or a bull: Will rip up a man, especially if blood was seen in the dream. And that man could die.
• Standing on a hill and witnessing a massacre of cows: Will become the center of an epic involving genocide.
• Tilling land with the help of a cow: A very fertile year.
• More than fourteen cows: War.
• Less than fourteen cows: Dispute.
Angels Dream Explanation
— (Celestial beings; Heavenly beings) If one sees the heavenly angels (arb. Malaika) coming before him to congratulate him in a dream, it means that Allah Almighty has forgiven that person his sins and endowed him with patience, through which he will attain success in this life and in the hereafter. If one sees the heavenly angels greeting him or giving him something in the dream, it means that his insight will grow, or that he maybe martyrized. If one sees angels descending upon a locality that is raging with a war in a dream, it means that the dwellers of that place will win victory. If the people are suffering from adversities, it means that their calamities will be lifted. Flying with angels or visiting the heavens in their company in a dream may mean that one will die in the station of a martyr and receive Allah's utmost blessings. If one feels scared of the angels in his dream, it means that a fight, an argument or awesome trials will befall that locality. In general, to see the angels descending from the heavens to the earth in a dream means enfeeblement of those who have doubt, and strength for those who have faith and certitude. If one sees the angels prostrating to him in a dream, it means that all his needs will be satisfied and he will be endowed with good conduct, good behavior and a blessed fame. If one sees them looking like women in the dream, it means that he lies before Allah Almighty. If a pious person sees an angel telling him in a dream " Read Allah's Book. " It means that one will attain happiness in his life. If an impious person sees an angel in a dream telling him " Read your own records. " It means that he may go astray. If one sees the angels giving him glad tidings and congratulating him in a dream, it means that he will beget a blessed son who will grow to be righteous and an example to be followed. If one sees a gathering of angels in a town in his dream, it means that a pious man, or an ascetic, or a great scholar will die in that locality. If one sees himself looking at the angels in the skies in a dream, it means that he may suffer the loss of a son or his wealth. Seeing the celestial angels (arb. Ruhaniyyeen) in a dream means gaining honor, dignity, blessings in one's life, profits and a good fame, developing spiritual inner insight, or becoming a business manager. Near the end of one's life, one who sees such a dream also will suffer from people's slander and backbiting. He will also lose his good reputation to people's envy and evil qualities and he will live in tight financial conditions. If one becomes an angel in a dream, it means tat he will receive honor, power, overcome his adversities, dispel his distress and win his freedom, or it could mean that he will rise in station. If one sees the angels greeting him and shaking hands with him in a dream, it means that Allah Almighty will endow him with wisdom, clarity and insight. Angels in a dream also represent one's closest witnesses, guardians, police officers or the emissaries of a ruler. Wrestling with an angel in a dream means loss of status. Wrestling with an angel in a dream also means suffering from distress, trouble, humiliation and falling in rank. Seeing angels entering one's house in a dream means that a thief will burglarize such a house. If angels disarm someone in a dream, it means that he will lose his wealth and strength, or that he may divorce his wife. If angels offer the person a tray of fruits in the dream, it means that he will depart from this world as a martyr. If angels curse someone in a dream, it means that he has little care for his religion. If one sees a gathering of heavenly angels together with the angels of hell-fire in a dream, it means enmity and divisiveness. If a sick person sees himself struggling with an angel in a dream, it is a sign of his death . If one sees an angel taking the form of a child in a dream, it represents one's future. If he sees an angel as a youth, the youth then represents the present time and whatever events that will take place during it. If the angel appears in the form of an old man in the dream, he represents the past. If one sees the angels praying and asking for Allah's forgiveness on his behalf in a dream, it means that one's spiritual and religious life will grow for the better, and that he will become wealthy. If one sees angels descending upon a cemetery in a dream, it signifies the presence of blessed and righteous souls in that place. If one sees angels walking in the markets in a dream, it means that the merchants are trifling with prices and playing with the measures. If the angels who are in charge of punishing the sinner in hell walk before a dying person and he does not fear them in the dream, it means peace and tranquillity. If one sees the angels teaching a dying person how to recite his final rites in a dream, it means glad tidings and attainment of what his heart desires, a guarantee of his safety, happiness, joy and of having a blessed and a good heart. If he sees them angry with him or beating
him or subduing and taming him in a dream, it means that he may revert to sin, earn the displeasure of his parents, disdain from complying with Allah's commands, or he could even come to deny the necessity of Allah's religion. Such angels in a dream also represent the emissaries of a governor or his deputies. If a dying person is told in the dream that no angels have come to see him, then it is a testimony of his good character and piety, or it could mean payment of one's debts or recovering from an illness. Angels in a dream also could represent scholars, Gnostics or translators who understand people's languages and speak in many tongues. As for Munkar and Nakir, the angels who come to one's grave upon his burial to question him, seeing them in a dream means prosperity for a poor person, and finding work for a jobless person. (Also see Castration)
| || |