| |Leaking water Dream Explanation
— (See Seeping)
Bathroom Dream Explanation
— (Lavatory; Toilet) In a dream, a bathroom
represents the nest of impurities or the seat of sufferings. If one enters it in his dream it means that he will be struck with distress caused by women. For heat and pruriency may develop in one's privacy inside the bathroom
. If a person in distress comes out of the bathroom
in his dream, it means relief from his depression. (Also see Bathhouse; Toilet)
Bathroom Dream Explanation
— According to Imam Jaafar Al-Sadeq (see biography at the beginning of this book), the bathroom
could symbolize seven things: (1) The patriarch of the family. (2) A valuable woman. (3) Troubles and unhappiness. (4) A debt. (5) Delay or obstacles. (6) Confirmation or a seal. (7) A loan. For other interpreters, including Ibn Siren and Al-Kirmani:
• Building a bathroom
or seeing one in good shape is a bad omen.
• Dreaming of a devastated bathroom
• Dreaming of simply seeing a bathroom
means worries and troubles.
• Dreaming of washing in a bathroom
means joy and happiness. However, if the water is lukewarm, it is a good dream. If the water is too hot, it is a bad dream.
• Dreaming of using a scented soap while washing and cleaning oneself in a bathroom: (1) For a rich man means financial losses, unless he had not washed till the scent was gone. (2) Otherwise, it means relief from fear or, conversely, deep trouble, weakness, or debts.
• Dreaming of drinking hot water in a bathroom
means one will have a fever or pleurisy.
• Dreaming of seeing a bathroom
in one’s lane or district means the emergence of a lewd woman or an adulteress there.
• A man dreaming that he has become a bathroom
attendant means he will marry a beautiful woman.
• A lady dreaming that she has become a bathroom
attendant means she is trying to manage her own affairs and promote her interests.
• A man dreaming that he is building a bathroom
means he will marry.
• If one dreams of entering a bathroom
the hotter the water, the more worries, anger or fury, sickness, evil, and deep troubles. They probably should be expected from the female side, including jail, and especially if the dreamer had washed with such a hot water.
Bathroom Dream Explanation
— A bathroom
or hot bath symbolizes grief caused by women. But since a person normally spends very little of his time in the bathroom
it means his grief with be short-lived.
Urinating in a Bathroom Dream Explanation
— Urinating in a bathroom
or removing hair with lime or any shaving cram is regarded as a good ream; If in misery, the observer will soon find relief from his misery; if in fear, he will soon find happiness; if grief-stricken, his grief will soon be removed; if he is ill, he will soon recover and enjoy good health. If none of the above conditions prevail, it means a complete transformation of his condition – meaning that if he is not ill, he will become ill; if he is happy, he will be afflicted with grief, perhaps caused by some financial loss.
Seeping Dream Explanation
— (Leaking) Seeping water from a crack in a wall in a dream means adversities and distress caused by a brother or an in-law.
A General Rule Pertaining to a Dream with Two Scenes with Opposing Interpretations Dream Explanation
— When two separate things with opposing interpretations are seen in a dream then the stronger or better of the two interpretations will be given. As an example is a person sees a bathroom
and himself as removing hair using a lotion or lime-whereas a bathroom
represents grief and sorrow and removing hair using a lotion or lime represents the removing of grief and sorrow- it means that his grief and sorrow will be removed, for the dream of removing hair using lime or lotion is regarded as stronger or better.
Asylum Dream Explanation
— The asylum, or mental institution, symbolizes frequent travel, asceticism, the heeding of God and reading of the Holy Quran, the stoppage of income, the end of wedlock, the abandoning of children, repentances, the return of religious faith, relief from worries, and sometimes diphtheria (the suffocation disease, to borrow the expression of Al-Nabulsi). It could also represent the bathroom
, as madness was believed by the ancient Arabs to be associated with demons and because, like the bathroom
, the mental institution is a place where people take off their clothes, show their private parts, and exhibit repulsive manners. For some interpreters, the madhouse refers to the school, because, there, the inpatients were educated by force, in ancient times, and taught to read and write and know the Quran. But the sanatorium also alludes to entertainment, playing, joking, and irresponsible behaviour in society or in people’s occupations, as is the case with psychopaths. A mentally disturbed person would not mind parting from his children.
• A dead person seen in a sanatorium: He is in Hell, as the madhouse “is the place of chains and shackles” (which have now been replaced by the straitjacket).
• Being in the asylum amid sick people: Will go to jail for some legal matters.
• Being in the asylum with the mad: Will be imprisoned with criminals.
• A person in good health dreaming of being in a sanatorium: Will be ill.
• A sick person dreaming of being in a madhouse: (1) Prolonged illness. (2) Will die estranged, abroad, or as a martyr. (3) For a poor person, it means that he will have enough welfare and prosperity to make him independent and no longer in need of anything from anyone.
Ceiling Dream Explanation
— A ceiling in a dream represents a well respected person. If it is made of wood, then it represents a fallacious and a deceptive person. If the ceiling looks as if it were going to cave over one's head in a dream, it means being afraid of someone in authority. If consequently some dirt falls over his shirt from the ceiling in the dream, it means that he will receive money in compensation for his pain and sufferings. If the central pillar that holds the ceiling cracks and falls in the dream, it means the death of the man of that house. If the ceiling collapses in the dream, it means the death of the man of that house. If one hides under a roof in a dream, it means that he will enter his house and rob his family's belongings. If water is leaking
from one's ceiling in a dream, it means crying in that house for the sake of a departed soul or crying because of a sick person in that family. If rain dissolves the ceiling in a dream, it means loss of money and falling-out from grace. If one sees himself standing on the ceiling of his house and cannot come down in the dream, it means his imprisonment. In a dream, the central beam that carries the ceiling represents a hypocrite who supports the business of an alliance of profiteers. Should the central beam break down and fall in the dream, it means that such a person will be removed from his office. If the ceiling falls over someone's head in a dream, it means that punishment and sufferings will befall him too. If one sees the stars under the roof of his house in a dream, it means that his ceiling may actually cave-in. (Also see Cave-in)
Toilet Dream Explanation
— (Lavatory) In a dream, a toilet means relief from distress, satisfying one's innate needs, a bathhouse, taking a ritual ablution, a place where one's secrets are exposed, a place where one hides his money, a treasury, a coffer, a rest room, or a place to reflect. Washing the toilet's floor in a dream means becoming poor. A flooded toilet in a dream means distress, pregnancy, or prosperity. To fall into a toilet in a dream means imprisonment. Pouring honey or milk into the toilet bowl, or urinating blood in a dream means sodomizing. Looking into the toilet bowl and finding blood in it in a dream implies that one engages in the forbidden sexual intercourse with his wife during her menstrual period. A toilet in a dream also represents a guard. (Also see Bathroom)
Sing Dream Explanation
— Nice singing means profitable business. The reverse is also true. The singer himself is regarded as a knowledgeable and wise person and a reminder. For rich people singing in the marketplace alludes to scandals and ugly traps. For the poor the same dream means that they will lose their mind. Some interpreters believe that singing refers to clamour, uproar, disputes, strong arguments, and wrestling in view of the gesticulations in dancing that are associated with singing and sometimes resemble a fight.
• Dreaming that there is singing in some place: Lies will separate those who love each other and covetous and evil-eyed persons will deceive others because, says Ibn Siren: “The first, ever, to have sung and wailed was damned Satan, may God curse him.”
• Singing nice poems or songs on a harmonious note and with a loud but pleasant voice: Good dream for singers, composers, and their bands. Singing with a harsh voice and without melody: Unemployment and misery.
• Walking in the mud and singing: Good dreams, especially for those who sell lutes.
• Singing in the bathroom: Equivocal statements.
Feces Dream Explanation
— (Defecate; Excrete; Human excrements) Feces in a dream represent money. Excreting solid intestinal waste in a dream means that one will spend large amounts of money in caring for his health. Having diarrhea and defecating in public in a dream means that one should be careful about exposing himself or becoming subject to a scandal or saying dirty words. Excreting involuntarily, then cleaning after oneself and carrying one's pickings in a dream means earnings and money. Feces in a dream also mean honey. Defecating in one's bed in a dream means divorcing one's wife. Walking on Feces in a dream means distress or depression. Walking away from the bathroom
after cleansing one's bowels in a dream means walking away from adversities. Falling into the sewers or a toilet bowl in a dream means entering a prison. Defecating in one's pants in a dream means falling into sin, humiliation, speaking bad words or using despicable expressions. Feces in a dream also represent money, hidden secrets, travels, a fight, recovering from an illness, bad thoughts, whispering of the mind, temptation or trusts. The smell of Feces in a dream represents a fine, or overdoing one's duty, or a miscarriage for a pregnant woman. To sally one's clothing with someone's Feces in a dream means borrowing money from him or carrying his favor for a long time to come. Feces in a dream also denote earnings from an unjust and a loathsome person. Excreting in a dream also means dispelling one's worries or getting rid of one's burdens. If one excretes in the ablution room in his dream, it means that his spending or deeds are recognized to be a fulfillment of his desires, ostentatiousness and love for fame. If one excretes in an unknown place in a dream, it means that his deeds will not be acknowledged, nor will he receive any reward for them. Going to the bathroom
in a dream means dispelling one's worries, paying one's debts or paying an unavoidable alimony for his children. Putting a shirt in the wilderness and defecating inside it rather than in the field in a dream means committing a sin and carrying its consequences for sometime to come. Excreting in the wilderness, then covering one's Feces with dirt in a dream means hiding money. To defecate in a marketplace in public in a dream means incurring Allah's displeasure and the curse of His angels. Throwing Feces at someone in a dream means starting a fight or opposing him in opinion, being unjust to him, or causing him great losses. The consequences also may backfire at the assailant. If one sees himself standing inside the sewers and searching through the filth with a stick in his dream, it means that he might become a judge and be accused of bribery or misuse of people's money. Seeing human excrements in a dream means abstraction of movement, stalling of businesses, or facing complex and harmful adversities. To soil oneself with people's Feces in a dream means sickness or fear, or it could mean good benefits for a person whose acts are filthy and abominable. (Also see Impurity)
Singing Dream Explanation
— (Chanting; Song) Singing in a dream means falsehood and trouble. Having a beautiful voice in a dream may represent a profitable business. Otherwise, if one sings off key in his dream, it means that he is venturing into a losing business. A singer in a dream also represents a wise person, a preacher, or a physician. The location where the singing has taken place in the dream will experience lies, falsehood and separation between beloveds because of jealousy, envy and perfidy. Singing in a dream also connotes evil, disputes and fights. If a professional singer, a musician, or a music writer sees himself singing his repertoire in a dream, it means benefits and profits. If the singing is bad, or off key in the dream, then it could mean lack of work, meekness, or it could mean having little opinion about oneself. If one sees himself singing while walking in a dream, it means earning a comfortable livelihood, being content and having a good opinion about oneself. Singing in the bathroom
or under a shower in a dream means speaking unclear words, or having a dispute. If a rich person sees himself singing in the streets or in a marketplace in a dream, it means a scandal, or it could carry bad connotation. If a poor person or an evil person sees such a dream, it means that he has lost his mind. If a pious person sees himself singing in the streets or in a marketplace in a dream, it means that he will witness deceit and trials. (Also see Hornet; Singer)
Prison Dream Explanation
— (Also see IMPRISONMENT.) The same interpretation as for Bathroom
applies to prison. It also symbolizes disease that cripples the human being or halts his activities, any hindrance especially relating to travel, the grave, and Hell, because it is the place where atheists and criminals receive their chastisement. Likewise, life on earth is a prison for the chaste and a sort of paradise for the disbelievers.
• Being in jail: (1) If the dreamer is embarking on a journey, travel will be cancelled or interrupted due to technical troubles, a war, or some other reason. (2) If the dreamer is not planning a trip, he will enter some place where he will disobey God, says Ibn Siren, like a church, an atheistic or heretical temple, a whorehouse, or a bar, depending on his habits and what he is most likely to do.
• A sick person dreaming of being in an unknown jail: A reference to his tomb, where he will be locked till the Day of Resurrection. If the jail is known, the disease will last, but he will hopefully recover and resume his activities in this world (which is yet another jail of its kind). In case the jail is unknown and the patient is a criminal, he will remain sick for a long time without any hope of a recovery unless he repents or embraces Islam, and the jail in question is his grave.
• Seeing a dead person in jail: (1) If he was a true believer, he is kept away (provisionally) from Paradise for some sins that remain pending. (2) If he was an atheist, he is in Hell.
• Choosing one’s jail: God will save the dreamer from the malice of a woman who is tempting him to falter in view of the Quranic verse: “He said: Oh my Lord! Prison is more dear than that unto which they urge me, and if Thou fend not off their wiles from me I shall incline unto them and become of the foolish.” (“Yusuf” [Joseph], verse 33.)
• Building prisons: The dreamer will build cities.
Church Dream Explanation
— For Christians, says Al-Nabulsi, the church symbolizes knowledge, work, asceticism, and reverence to the extent of crying. But the church, he continues, also symbolizes worries, unhappiness, misery, lying, decadence, slander, heresy, and places where injustice and impure recreation reign supreme. It refers to brothels, gambling places, taverns, and everything that soils the individual. It could also represent a tyrant. Still according to Al-Nabulsi, the church might also allude to the abode of demons, like the garbage place and the bathroom; the grave, the house of the adulteress; the cabaret; the place where people wail; Hell; and jail. The stronger the edifice of the church and the higher the structure, the weaker the Muslims and their religion in that place.24
• A bachelor dreaming of entering a church: (1) Will marry. (2) Will have a child. (3) Will deviate from the right path, especially if he falls prostrate before the statues that are there, kisses them, takes parts in a sacrifice, or wears a waistband.
• A man praying in a church according to Christian rites: Will mix with atheists, heretics, adulterers, drunkards, or people who commit other abominations. The same would apply to a woman dreaming of attending a tumultuous marriage ceremony or a funeral at which people weep loudly, tear their pockets, and wear black.
• Remembering or mentioning Allah in a church and denouncing what the worshipers there are doing: Will work for the promotion of virtue and the deterrence of vice.
• Mentioning God, crying, and praying toward the Kabah (in the direction of Mecca (Makkah)) inside the church: Will visit a graveyard to pray for the dead or attend a funeral service.
• Seeing a church being destroyed, burning, or undergoing some other calamity: Stronger religious faith (for the Muslims) and defeat for the polytheists and the hypocrites.
• A church turning into a synagogue or vice versa: Some accident will befall the aliens (non-Muslims) living in an Islamic country.
• Seeing one’s house as a church: (1) Will talk the language of the Christians and turn one’s home into a meeting place for the whimsical, the heretics, and those who commit all sorts of sins. (2) The dreamer’s chief will be angry with him.
• Seeing a dead person in a church: The deceased is in the Eternal Blaze, locked with those who had disobeyed the Lord.
Bathhouse Dream Explanation
— (Sauna; Steam room; Sweat room; Rest room) Washing one's dirt with hot water in a dream brings benefits. If one builds a bathhouse in his dream, it means committing a sin or searching for a woman to partake in it, then suffering its consequence. If the bathhouse is heated and the water is lukewarm in the dream, it represents his family's compassion toward him, trying to help him out of his breach. If the bathhouse is cold and if its water is cold in the dream, it means that his family has ostracized or banished him. If one witness the hot water pipes breaking, whereby he could not control the flow of water in the dream, it means that someone will betray him with his wife, though he will keep trying to control the situation, but to no avail. A water leak from the boiler that flows through the floors of the bathing quarters in a dream means incurring the anger of one's wife. Entering a bathhouse in a dream means suffering from a fever. Drinking hot water directly from the boiler in a dream means sickness, stress, depression and a scare from evil spirits. If one sees himself drinking cold refreshing water from the regular water tab in a dream, it means comfort and joy. Taking a bath with cold water in a dream means recovering from an illness. A bathhouse in a dream also represents hell-fire, and the attendant represents its keepers. A bathhouse in a dream also represents the judge's court, and its attendant represents the judge himself. A bathhouse in a dream also represents a prison and its guard, the ocean and the ship pilot, the evil bawdy houses and their dwellers, a woman and a pimp, or a cadet posing as her husband. If one goes to a public bath, then after completing his wash wears a white garment, and takes a carriage back home in his dream, it means that he will shortly die and the elements of his dream represent his washing, shrouding, coffin and funeral. The element of a bathhouse in a dream also represent a library, knowledge, guard's post, house of worship, a mosque, a church, idol worship, a prison, or a marketplace. It also represents repentance, guidance, richness, healing, an ocean or marriage. If one sees himself taking a bath with his clothe on in a dream, it means that he will fall prey to an attractive prostitute who will deceive him and lead him to commit his religious life to waste. (Also see Bath; Bathroom; Hell-fire; Turkish bath)
Call For Prayer (Arabic: Athan) Dream Explanation
— There are contradictory interpretations of dreams involving the athan or call for prayers. In general, according to interpreter Abu Said Al-Waez, the athan is a good dream for religious-minded people and those who specialize in religion. It should also be done properly and in the proper place. Otherwise, it is a bad dream, as in the case of someone dreaming that he is calling for prayer in a garbage disposal area, in which case it would mean that the dreamer is attempting a reconciliation with a foolish person who would reject him. Likewise, calling for prayer in a house, rather than in the mosque, would mean that the dreamer is trying to entice a woman. According to Ibn Siren, the athan means separation between partners in view of a verse to this effect in “Suratul Taubah” (Repentance) in the Holy Quran.
• Calling for prayer once or twice, then praying as ordained by God: Will perform hajj or umrah (minor and out-of-season pilgrimage).
• Launching the prayer call while standing on the Kabah in Mecca (Makkah): The dreamer will come out with a heresy. The dream would be worse if the call was launched from within the Kabah.
• Calling for prayer from a minaret: The dreamer is advocating right and justice and would, hopefully, go to Mecca (Makkah).
• Calling for prayer from a well: The dreamer is prompting people to embark on a long trip.
• A nonprofessional muaththen (the one who launches the prayer call) dreaming that he is doing so: Will have a post as high as his voice was loud and pleasant, in case he is eligible.
• Calling for prayer from a hilltop: (1) Will be entrusted with a glorious responsibility by a foreigner, if eligible. (2) Will make a successful business deal or learn a valuable craft.
• Extending or shortening the prayer call or altering its rituals: Will commit an injustice.
• Launching the athan from a street: The dreamer will promote virtue and deter vice, if eligible; otherwise, he will start a fight.
• Launching the prayer call while standing on top of a wall: The dreamer is undertaking a peace initiative.
• Launching the prayer call from a roof: Death will occur in that house.
• Calling people for prayer but receiving no response: The dreamer is amid evildoers in view of a verse in the Holy Quran: “And the dwellers of the Garden (Paradise) cry unto the dwellers of the Fire (Hell): We have found that which our Lord promised us (to be) the Truth. Have ye (too) found that which your Lord promised the Truth? They say: Yea, verily. And a crier in between them crieth: The curse of Allah is on evildoer.” (“Al-Aaraf,” verse 44.)
• A child launching the prayer call: His parents will be innocent from calumnies, by analogy with the story and origin of Jesus Christ.
• Launching the praying call in a bathroom: Bad dream on both the spiritual and material planes. It could mean that the dreamer is a pimp.
• Crying for prayers in the “hot house”23: Will have a shaking fever. Crying for prayers in the “cold house”: Will have a fever.
• Launching the athan at the gate of the ruler: Will speak the truth.
• Calling for prayer while clad indecently or showing one’s underwear: Will penetrate a woman.
• Someone launching the athan in a souk (marketplace): Someone in that souk will pass away.
• Hearing an unpleasant athan: Someone is inviting the dreamer to indulge in vice and abominations.
Vagina Dream Explanation
— (Also see Semen.) The Arabic word for vagina or vulva is farj, from faraj, meaning “relief.” Thus the vagina symbolizes: (1) Relief and comfort. (2) The honey, date, or wine peddler, because sex is as sweet as sugar. (3) A ripper or a bloody person. (4) A wicked deceiver, obedient and humble during daytime and profligate and out of control at night. (5) A foolish slave. (6) A bird’s nest containing eggs. (7) Deep trouble. (8) The fulfilment of requests. (9) Marriage, for the bachelor. (10) Resumption of spending on one’s parents and in-laws. (11) Repentance. (12) Resumption of praying. (13) The prayer niche in a mosque. (14) The Qiblah (the point toward which Muslims turn their faces when praying). (15) A journey. (16) The key to a man’s secret. (17) The unveiling of secrets. (18) A contract53 to set up a company. (19) The discovery of metals, minerals, and all hidden things. (20) The very vagina of a docile woman who gives it only to her man. (21) A prison. (22) The main gate or door of a house that, according to Islamic tenets, visitors should use. (They must never come through back doors, windows, et cetera.) (23) The bathroom
, for all the water, heat, et cetera, that is in it. (24) A valley surrounded by hills and mountains. (25) A disease and a medicine that might revive then kill the patient, as the penis becomes erect, strong, and full of vitality when it comes into contact with the vagina, then dies down when its sperm (which feeds it) gets out. (26) A furnace. (27) The oven where paste is introduced to come out as finished bread. (28) The spouse. (29) Pregnancy. (30) Hell or the fatal attraction to it (same as for the penis), since it is the center of burning pleasure. (31) The grave.
• A sick person seeing a vagina: (1) The dreamer is about to die. (2) The dreamer’s grave is being dug.
• Penetrating a vagina: (1) The dreamer will place a fat mutton in a furnace. (2) He will put a paste in an oven. (3) He will eat an exotic fruit.
• Seeing the vagina of an identified woman: The dreamer will uncover her secret.
• The vagina of an identified woman looking nice and healthy: Her husband or son will be better off.
• A man with a vagina: He is not faring well and is being humiliated, or the reverse. If he has worries or is in jail, he will be freed.
• A man standing trial or being tracked by an enemy seeing a vagina (or, better, if he goes into it): The dreamer will win his case or defeat and crush his enemy.
• Seeing one’s vagina smaller than usual: The dreamer will overcome enemies. The reverse is also true.
• A merchant seeing an old woman’s vagina: He will sustain losses in his trade.
• Entering a vagina: The dreamer will die.
• Sucking (or licking) the wife’s vagina: Minor relief.
• Seeing the wife’s vagina from behind: The peace and cordiality the dreamer is seeking will turn into tension and lasting hostility.
• A man dreaming that his wife has only one vagina: He is running after two matters; one will work and the other not.
• Dreaming that one’s wife has no vagina: A matter will be stalled, and the dreamer will be helpless and humiliated.
• The vagina being cut: Bad omen, meaning perhaps that enemies will prevail.
• Biting the vagina of an unknown woman: Relief and joy.
• The vagina of an unidentified old woman: Relief in life. Holding firm a woman’s vagina with one’s hand, which turns into a penis: Her morals will change. If it remains a penis, she will remain authoritarian, impudent, loud, and impossible to tame.
• Vaginal or pubic hair: (1) Period is on the way. (2) Poetic diatribe, a speciality of ancient Arab poets. It is noteworthy that in Arabic the words for hair and poem resemble each other. The former is shaar and the latter sheer.
• A woman dreaming that she has two vaginas: She might be penetrated from both sides.
• A woman seeing water entering her vagina: She will give birth to a boy.
• A woman dreaming that water is coming out of her vagina: She will deliver.
• Anything good coming out of the vagina: Good progeny.
• Anything ugly coming out of the vagina: The dreamer will give birth to bad children.
• A woman dreaming that fire is coming out of her vagina: She will give birth to a king.
• A woman dreaming that sesame is coming out of her vagina: Her husband is concealing his love for her.
• Bread coming out of a woman’s vagina: Bankruptcy, poverty, and need, no matter how good or beautiful the vagina looks in the dream.
• A person dreaming that a scented smell is exuding from her vagina: That person is candid. The reverse is also true.
• An iron, brass, or bronze vagina: Despair after failing to achieve the objectives being sought.
• Seeing an animal sucking, licking, or roaming around a woman’s vulva: The woman in question is a debauched and unworthy one. If the woman is unidentified, the dream does not augur well for the dreamer; it could mean that he is losing his brain for worldly matters.
Pray Dream Explanation
— Muslims are duty-bound to pray five times a day: at dawn, at noon, early in the afternoon, at sunset, and at night. Certain devout Muslims perform additional prayers, according to the Tradition of the Holy Prophet. Others pray more on a voluntary basis. In any cases, dreaming of performing any such prayers means promotion, the settlement of debts, and the fulfilment of a promise based on confidence.
• Performing the dawn prayer: The dreamer is embarking on a matter that will improve his livelihood and raise his living standard.
• Performing the noon prayer joyfully on a clear day: Endeavours will be successful inasmuch as the sky looked clear. The reverse is also true.
• Performing the afternoon prayer: Whatever the dreamer is busy doing will soon come to a successful conclusion.
• Performing the noon prayer in the afternoon: The dreamer will settle his dues.
• Dreaming that one of the above two prayers was interrupted: The dreamer will settle half his debts or pay only one half of the dowry.
• Performing the early afternoon prayer: (1) The dreamer will swear. (2) Whatever the dreamer is seeking will be achieved, but not without difficulty (as, in Arabic, the words Asr, early afternoon, and Asr, difficulty, resemble each other). In case the dreamer missed that prayer, nothing at all would be achieved.
• Performing the sunset prayer: (1) The dreamer is discharging his responsibilities toward his children. (2) The dreamer will part from father, mother, or sponsor.
• Performing the sunset prayer after the sun has set: What the dreamer is seeking is already over or has been accomplished or completed. If he concludes that prayer in the dream, the matter he has in mind will be settled as desired.
• Performing the evening prayer: (1) The dreamer is trying his best to satisfy his children and make them happy. (2) Life is over, as the evening prayer is the last thing the Muslim does before going to sleep, which resembles death. (3) Weakening eyesight, again for etymological reasons relating to Arabic.
• Prostrating twice during the noon, afternoon, or evening prayer: The dreamer will travel. The same dream made by a woman will mean that she will have her menses the same day.
• Praying while seated, without an excuse: Whatever the dreamer is doing will not be accepted.
• Praying while lying on one’s side: The dreamer will be terrorized.
• Dreaming that the imam is leading the prayers while seated on a horse, et cetera, and the faithful are also mounted: A war will be won, if one is being fought.
• Praying in a garden: The dreamer is seeking forgiveness from the Almighty.
• Praying in a cultivated land: God will enable the dreamer to settle his dues from the crops produced by that land.
• Praying without a carpet: Will sodomize a boy.
• Praying in the part of the bathroom
reserved for slaughtering sheep: The dreamer will sodomize a young boy.
• Praying in an area that pigeons use as a disposal place for their excrement: The dreamer will indulge in vice and perhaps sodomize a young boy.
• Missing one of the five compulsory prayers and failing to find a place to perform it: Difficulties are ahead in fulfilling one’s aspirations.
• Ignoring one of the five compulsory prayers: The dreamer is not heeding the rules of God.
• Praying amid people lining up in a perfect manner: Those people are often using their rosaries and recalling God.
• Praying without prostrating oneself till the prayer time is over: The dreamer is not paying his dues as a Muslim (the zakat).
• Praying and eating honey: The dreamer will have sex with his wife while he is fasting.
• Sitting and attesting that there is no other god but God and that Muhammad is His messenger: Worries will be over and whatever the dreamer is striving for will be achieved.
• Completing the prayer and saluting by turning the head right, then left: No more worries. If the head is turned only to the right side, only part of the dreamer’s problems will be settled.
• Dreaming of having completed one’s prayer and asked God for forgiveness while turning one’s face toward the Qiblah (in the direction of Mecca (Makkah)): Prayers will be answered. If the dreamer faced a direction other than the Qiblah, he would commit a sin and die without repenting.
• Dreaming of praying while turning toward the Kabah (in Mecca (Makkah)): The dreamer is practicing religion in a sound manner.
• Dreaming while headed west in a country other than those situated east of Mecca (Makkah): The dreamer belongs to a mean sect and is singular in his effrontery while committing sins because, says Ibn Siren, that is the direction Jews turn to when they pray. And they are the ones who dared fish on a Saturday.
• Turning east while praying in a country other than those located west of Mecca (Makkah): The dreamer is a heretic and indulging in all sorts of sins because, according to Ibn Siren again, such is the direction of the Christians.
• Praying while turning one’s back to Mecca (Makkah): The dreamer is renouncing Islam by committing abominations.
• Praying without Qiblah or a specific direction: The dreamer is at a loss.
• Praying while turning in a direction other than that of Mecca (Makkah), but wearing white clothes and reading the Quran properly: Will perform hajj (pilgrimage).
• A person eligible to become a ruler but who is not an imam dreaming that he is leading the prayers: The dreamer will become a ruler. If he completes the service, he will be a fair ruler. If, on the contrary, there is something missing, changed, or extra in the prayer, he will be a tyrant. The same dream could mean that the dreamer will become poor and be harmed by thieves.
• Leading the prayers standing up, while the worshipers are seated: (1) The dreamer would be fair and just to his subject, but not to himself. (2) He will take care of sick subjects.
• Leading the prayers seated, while the worshipers are standing: The dreamer will not fulfil a matter he will be entrusted with.
• Leading the prayers with some people standing up and others sitting: The dreamer will take care of both the poor and the rich.
• Leading the prayers seated, while the worshipers are also sitting: Those people will sustain financial losses or fines, will have their clothes burnt, or will become poor.
• Leading a prayer service for women: The dreamer is looking after the affairs of weak people.
• Leading the prayers on one’s side or lying on a bed and wearing white clothes, without reading anything or saying that God is great: The dreamer will die and people will hold a prayer service for him.
• A woman dreaming that she is leading the prayers: She will die because, says Ibn Siren, a woman takes precedence over men only in death.
• The ruler dreaming that he is leading the prayers: He will be deposed and his money will go.
• Leading a prayer service for both men and women: (1) The dreamer will be a judge of people, if eligible. (2) The dreamer will mediate and reconcile people.
• Having completed a prayer service: The dreamer will complete his mandate as a ruler.
• The prayer service being interrupted: Mandate will be interrupted and orders and advice will not be carried out or observed.
• Praying alone while others pray individually: Those other people are renegades or apostates.
• People making the dreamer their imam: Inheritance in view of a verse to this effect in the Holy Quran: “And We wished to be gracious to those who were being depressed on Earth, to make them leaders [in faith] and make them heirs …” (“Al-Qasas” [The Requital or The Law of Equality], verse 5.)
• Asking God for forgiveness: The dreamer will make honest and blessed gains and have children.
• Completing one’s prayer without asking God for forgiveness: The dreamer is a hypocrite.
• A healthy person performing the special prayer for the sick: The dreamer will no longer be lucky but become reticent in whatever he says or does.
• Praying on an uncovered land without carpet or anything: (1) The dreamer will sodomize people and sleep with women during their menses, especially if the land is soiled or dusty. (2) The dreamer will be humiliated as a result of poverty and need.
• Praying without covering one’s pudenum or private parts: The dreamer will commit abominations while fasting, give alms in an unholy manner, or will yield to heresy and sins while thinking that he is right.
• Speaking or chatting while praying: The dreamer will go back on what he has granted, alms he has given, or a secret he has decided on or promised to keep.
• Praying on a Friday: The dreamer will embark on a fruitful journey.
• Performing the collective prayer on a Friday: (1) Everything will, once again, be in order, and relief will come after having experienced some hard times. (2) The dreamer is mistaken about a matter that he thinks is good for him.
• People performing their Friday prayers at the mosque while the dreamer remains at home, in his shop, or in his village, hearing everything: The ruler will be deposed.
• Having prayed and left the mosque: Benefits and general welfare.
• Performing the special prayer for dispelling fears: Complicated partnership, quandary, and agony of a patient. However, such a dream could have an opposite interpretation, namely harmony, consensus, and the dissipation of fear.
• Performing the taraweeh, additional prayers after the evening one during the month of Ramadan: Toiling, the settlement of debts, and wisdom.
• Performing the rain-seeking prayers: Fear, belt-tightening, high prices, stagnation, and anger and sorrow caused by crops or property matters.
• Performing the prayers relating to the eclipse of the sun or the moon: (1) Endeavours to ensure comfort to whomever the sun or moon symbolizes. (2) Repentance of a corrupt individual. (3) Conversion to Islam. (4) Hardships and fears brought about by kings and ministers. (5) A miracle.
• Performing the funeral ceremony prayer: The dreamer will pray for or intercede in favour of whomever the dead person refers to. In case the dead is unknown, the dream will mean: (1) Fruitful partnership. (2) Shortcomings on the part of the dreamer in the compulsory prayers, such as forgetting to stand up or kneel when required, et cetera.
• Performing the special prayer for a dead person: The dreamer is praying for the repose of his soul and asking God to obliterate his sins. In case the dreamer sees himself as the imam (the one leading the prayers), he will be given influence by a corrupt and hypocritical king. If he stands behind the imam, he will attend a special ceremony to commemorate the deceased.
• Praying before a tomb: The dreamer is making unwarranted gifts, including artifacts.
• A woman dreaming that she is being told, “Ask for forgiveness for your sin”: She will be accused of a sin and an abomination, in view of the story of Zulaikha, the wife of Egypt’s strongman Fitfir (Potiphar), who had tried to entice the Prophet Yusuf.
• Dreaming of marvelling at God: Worries will disappear by miracle.
• Forgetting how to use the rosary to glorify God: The dreamer will go to jail.
• Saying: “There is no god but God”: (1) Relief will come. (2) Will be honoured with martyrdom.
• Saying, “Allahu Akbar” or “God is greater” (than anything): Aspirations will be fulfilled and the dreamer will triumph over foes.
• Thanking God: (1) If a ruler, the dreamer will seize a prosperous country or province. (2) The dreamer will be blessed with religious enlightenment and guidance. (3) The dreamer will have a son.
| || |