Bathroom Dream Explanation — A bathroom or hot bath symbolizes grief caused by women. But since a person normally spends very little of his time in the bathroom it means his grief with be short-lived.
Bathroom Dream Explanation — • Dreaming of a devastated bathroom is good.
• Dreaming of simply seeing a bathroom means worries and troubles.
• Dreaming of washing in a bathroom means joy and happiness. However, if the water is lukewarm, it is a good dream. If the water is too hot, it is a bad dream.
• Dreaming of using a scented soap while washing and cleaning oneself in a bathroom: (1) For a rich man means financial losses, unless he had not washed till the scent was gone. (2) Otherwise, it means relief from fear or, conversely, deep trouble, weakness, or debts.
Bathroom Dream Explanation — • Dreaming of drinking hot water in a bathroom means one will have a fever or pleurisy.
• Dreaming of seeing a bathroom in one’s lane or district means the emergence of a lewd woman or an adulteress there.
• A man dreaming that he has become a bathroom attendant means he will marry a beautiful woman.
• A lady dreaming that she has become a bathroom attendant means she is trying to manage her own affairs and promote her interests.
• A man dreaming that he is building a bathroom means he will marry.
• If one dreams of entering a bathroom the hotter the water, the more worries, anger or fury, sickness, evil, and deep troubles. They probably should be expected from the female side, including jail, and especially if the dreamer had washed with such a hot water.
Bathroom Dream Explanation — (Lavatory; Toilet) In a dream, a bathroom represents the nest of impurities or the seat of sufferings. If one enters it in his dream it means that he will be struck with distress caused by women. For heat and pruriency may develop in one's privacy inside the bathroom. If a person in distress comes out of the bathroom in his dream, it means relief from his depression. (Also see Bathhouse; Toilet)
Bathroom Dream Explanation — According to Imam Jaafar Al-Sadeq (see biography at the beginning of this book), the bathroom could symbolize seven things: (1) The patriarch of the family. (2) A valuable woman. (3) Troubles and unhappiness. (4) A debt. (5) Delay or obstacles. (6) Confirmation or a seal. (7) A loan. For other interpreters, including Ibn Siren and Al-Kirmani:
• Building a bathroom or seeing one in good shape is a bad omen.
Urinating in a Bathroom Dream Explanation — Urinating in a bathroom or removing hair with lime or any shaving cram is regarded as a good ream; If in misery, the observer will soon find relief from his misery; if in fear, he will soon find happiness; if grief-stricken, his grief will soon be removed; if he is ill, he will soon recover and enjoy good health. If none of the above conditions prevail, it means a complete transformation of his condition – meaning that if he is not ill, he will become ill; if he is happy, he will be afflicted with grief, perhaps caused by some financial loss.
A General Rule Pertaining to a Dream with Two Scenes with Opposing Interpretations Dream Explanation — When two separate things with opposing interpretations are seen in a dream then the stronger or better of the two interpretations will be given. As an example is a person sees a bathroom and himself as removing hair using a lotion or lime-whereas a bathroom represents grief and sorrow and removing hair using a lotion or lime represents the removing of grief and sorrow- it means that his grief and sorrow will be removed, for the dream of removing hair using lime or lotion is regarded as stronger or better.
Asylum Dream Explanation — The asylum, or mental institution, symbolizes frequent travel, asceticism, the heeding of God and reading of the Holy Quran, the stoppage of income, the end of wedlock, the abandoning of children, repentances, the return of religious faith, relief from worries, and sometimes diphtheria (the suffocation disease, to borrow the expression of Al-Nabulsi). It could also represent the bathroom, as madness was believed by the ancient Arabs to be associated with demons and because, like the bathroom, the mental institution is a place where people take off their clothes, show their private parts, and exhibit repulsive manners. For some interpreters, the madhouse refers to the school, because, there, the inpatients were educated by force, in ancient times, and taught to read and write and know the Quran.
Toilet Dream Explanation — To fall into a toilet in a dream means imprisonment. Pouring honey or milk into the toilet bowl, or urinating blood in a dream means sodomizing. Looking into the toilet bowl and finding blood in it in a dream implies that one engages in the forbidden sexual intercourse with his wife during her menstrual period. A toilet in a dream also represents a guard. (Also see Bathroom)
Bathhouse Dream Explanation — The element of a bathhouse in a dream also represent a library, knowledge, guard's post, house of worship, a mosque, a church, idol worship, a prison, or a marketplace. It also represents repentance, guidance, richness, healing, an ocean or marriage. If one sees himself taking a bath with his clothe on in a dream, it means that he will fall prey to an attractive prostitute who will deceive him and lead him to commit his religious life to waste. (Also see Bath; Bathroom; Hell-fire; Turkish bath)
Sing Dream Explanation — • Dreaming that there is singing in some place: Lies will separate those who love each other and covetous and evil-eyed persons will deceive others because, says Ibn Siren: “The first, ever, to have sung and wailed was damned Satan, may God curse him.”
• Singing nice poems or songs on a harmonious note and with a loud but pleasant voice: Good dream for singers, composers, and their bands. Singing with a harsh voice and without melody: Unemployment and misery.
• Walking in the mud and singing: Good dreams, especially for those who sell lutes.
• Singing in the bathroom: Equivocal statements.
Feces Dream Explanation — (Defecate; Excrete; Human excrements) Feces in a dream represent money. Excreting solid intestinal waste in a dream means that one will spend large amounts of money in caring for his health. Having diarrhea and defecating in public in a dream means that one should be careful about exposing himself or becoming subject to a scandal or saying dirty words. Excreting involuntarily, then cleaning after oneself and carrying one's pickings in a dream means earnings and money. Feces in a dream also mean honey. Defecating in one's bed in a dream means divorcing one's wife. Walking on Feces in a dream means distress or depression. Walking away from the bathroom after cleansing one's bowels in a dream means walking away from adversities.
Feces Dream Explanation — Excreting in a dream also means dispelling one's worries or getting rid of one's burdens. If one excretes in the ablution room in his dream, it means that his spending or deeds are recognized to be a fulfillment of his desires, ostentatiousness and love for fame. If one excretes in an unknown place in a dream, it means that his deeds will not be acknowledged, nor will he receive any reward for them. Going to the bathroom in a dream means dispelling one's worries, paying one's debts or paying an unavoidable alimony for his children. Putting a shirt in the wilderness and defecating inside it rather than in the field in a dream means committing a sin and carrying its consequences for sometime to come.
Call For Prayer (Arabic: Athan) Dream Explanation — • A child launching the prayer call: His parents will be innocent from calumnies, by analogy with the story and origin of Jesus Christ.
• Launching the praying call in a bathroom: Bad dream on both the spiritual and material planes. It could mean that the dreamer is a pimp.
• Crying for prayers in the “hot house”23: Will have a shaking fever. Crying for prayers in the “cold house”: Will have a fever.
• Launching the athan at the gate of the ruler: Will speak the truth.
• Calling for prayer while clad indecently or showing one’s underwear: Will penetrate a woman.
• Someone launching the athan in a souk (marketplace): Someone in that souk will pass away.
• Hearing an unpleasant athan: Someone is inviting the dreamer to indulge in vice and abominations.
Prison Dream Explanation — (Also see IMPRISONMENT.) The same interpretation as for Bathroom applies to prison. It also symbolizes disease that cripples the human being or halts his activities, any hindrance especially relating to travel, the grave, and Hell, because it is the place where atheists and criminals receive their chastisement. Likewise, life on earth is a prison for the chaste and a sort of paradise for the disbelievers.
• Being in jail: (1) If the dreamer is embarking on a journey, travel will be cancelled or interrupted due to technical troubles, a war, or some other reason. (2) If the dreamer is not planning a trip, he will enter some place where he will disobey God, says Ibn Siren, like a church, an atheistic or heretical temple, a whorehouse, or a bar, depending on his habits and what he is most likely to do.
Church Dream Explanation — For Christians, says Al-Nabulsi, the church symbolizes knowledge, work, asceticism, and reverence to the extent of crying. But the church, he continues, also symbolizes worries, unhappiness, misery, lying, decadence, slander, heresy, and places where injustice and impure recreation reign supreme. It refers to brothels, gambling places, taverns, and everything that soils the individual. It could also represent a tyrant. Still according to Al-Nabulsi, the church might also allude to the abode of demons, like the garbage place and the bathroom; the grave, the house of the adulteress; the cabaret; the place where people wail; Hell; and jail. The stronger the edifice of the church and the higher the structure, the weaker the Muslims and their religion in that place.24
• A bachelor dreaming of entering a church: (1) Will marry. (2) Will have a child. (3) Will deviate from the right path, especially if he falls prostrate before the statues that are there, kisses them, takes parts in a sacrifice, or wears a waistband.
Singing Dream Explanation — If a professional singer, a musician, or a music writer sees himself singing his repertoire in a dream, it means benefits and profits. If the singing is bad, or off key in the dream, then it could mean lack of work, meekness, or it could mean having little opinion about oneself. If one sees himself singing while walking in a dream, it means earning a comfortable livelihood, being content and having a good opinion about oneself. Singing in the bathroom or under a shower in a dream means speaking unclear words, or having a dispute. If a rich person sees himself singing in the streets or in a marketplace in a dream, it means a scandal, or it could carry bad connotation. If a poor person or an evil person sees such a dream, it means that he has lost his mind. If a pious person sees himself singing in the streets or in a marketplace in a dream, it means that he will witness deceit and trials. (Also see Hornet; Singer)
Vagina Dream Explanation — (Also see Semen.) The Arabic word for vagina or vulva is farj, from faraj, meaning “relief.” Thus the vagina symbolizes: (1) Relief and comfort. (2) The honey, date, or wine peddler, because sex is as sweet as sugar. (3) A ripper or a bloody person. (4) A wicked deceiver, obedient and humble during daytime and profligate and out of control at night. (5) A foolish slave. (6) A bird’s nest containing eggs. (7) Deep trouble. (8) The fulfilment of requests. (9) Marriage, for the bachelor. (10) Resumption of spending on one’s parents and in-laws. (11) Repentance. (12) Resumption of praying. (13) The prayer niche in a mosque. (14) The Qiblah (the point toward which Muslims turn their faces when praying). (15) A journey. (16) The key to a man’s secret. (17) The unveiling of secrets. (18) A contract53 to set up a company. (19) The discovery of metals, minerals, and all hidden things. (20) The very vagina of a docile woman who gives it only to her man. (21) A prison. (22) The main gate or door of a house that, according to Islamic tenets, visitors should use. (They must never come through back doors, windows, et cetera.) (23) The bathroom, for all the water, heat, et cetera, that is in it. (24) A valley surrounded by hills and mountains. (25) A disease and a medicine that might revive then kill the patient, as the penis becomes erect, strong, and full of vitality when it comes into contact with the vagina, then dies down when its sperm (which feeds it) gets out. (26) A furnace. (27) The oven where paste is introduced to come out as finished bread. (28) The spouse. (29) Pregnancy. (30) Hell or the fatal attraction to it (same as for the penis), since it is the center of burning pleasure. (31) The grave.
• A sick person seeing a vagina: (1) The dreamer is about to die. (2) The dreamer’s grave is being dug.