| |Jewel light of the father's eyes Dream Explanation
— In a dream, it means one's sons or daughters.
Angel Dream Explanation
— Angels symbolize translators who understand people’s languages; witnesses; and trustworthy persons and emissaries, especially of kings and princes.
• Seeing well-known angels of the type who bring good tidings: (1) Something pleasant will emerge in the life of the dreamer. (2) Prosperity and strength. (3) Triumph after suffering injustice. (4) Recovery from a disease. (5) Security after fear. (6) Prosperity will replace poverty. (7) Relief after hardships. (8) An injunction to the dreamer to perform the pilgrimage and/or engage in Jihad (holy struggle).
• An angel
telling the dreamer that he will have a son: He will be blessed with a son enjoying knowledge and contentment, in view of the following Quranic verses: “ (And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah grive thee glad tidings of a word from Him …” (“Al-Imran” [The Family of Imran], verse 45); and “He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.” (“Maryam” [Mary], verse 19.)
• An angel
entering the dreamer’s house: Beware of thieves.
• An angel
taking one’s weapon: Strength and bread will go and perhaps wife, too.
• Angels assembling in one place and the dreamer being scared: Intrigue and strife will take place in that spot.
• Seeing angels in a battlefield: Will triumph over enemies.
• Angels kneeling or prostrating themselves before the dreamer: Desires will be fulfilled and the subject will rise in life.
• Wrestling with an angel: Worries and humiliation after prosperity.
• A patient seeing an angel
engaging another angel
in a fight: Death is near.
• Angels descending from the sky: (1) The holy struggle will be successful; the righteous will triumph and the wrongdoers will be subdued. (2) The ruler will send his soldiers to that spot. (3) An epidemic will erupt (in case the angels are frequently going up and down in the houses or on rooftops).
• Angels descending on graves: Devout people will be buried there.
• Angels in a souk (marketplace): Cheating is taking place there.
• Flying with the angels and rising with them to the sky, not to return: Will be honoured in this world, then die as a martyr.
• Contemplating the angels: Catastrophe or something will befall the dreamer’s children and fortune, in view of the Quranic verse: “The Day they see the angels, no joy will there be to the criminals that Day: the (angels) will say there is a barrier forbidden (to you) altogether!” (“Al-Furqan” [The Criterion], verse 22).
• The angels working in the dreamer’s craft or doing as he does: He will excel in his industry.
• Angels coming to destroy the dreamer’s home or a group of fewer than ten angels appearing in a country, a village, or a place: A prominent scholar or hermit will die in that place, the victim of an injustice will be killed, or a house will crumble over its dwellers.
• An evil person dreaming that an angel
is ordaining him to read the Book of Allah: A stern warning in view of the Quranic verse: “And it will be said unto him, Read thy book. Thy soul sufficeth as reckoner against thee this day’ ” (“Al-Israe” or “Bani Ismail” [The Children of Israel], verse 14.)
• Seeing angels on horses in a place: A tyrant will be brought down.
• Seeing birds flying without being able to identify their species: Those are angels who will avenge the oppressed.
• Seeing those among the angels who have a special status and serve as scribes: For a good person, joy and happiness in life and in the Hereafter, as well as a happy ending; otherwise, the dreamer should heed the warning inherent in the Quranic verses: “Generous (or enjoying a special status) and recording, who know (all) that ye do.” (“Al-Infitar” [The Cleaving], verses 11 and 12.)
• Seeing an angel
in the image of an old man: A reference to the past.
• An angel
in the image of a youth: A reference to the present.
• An angel
in the image of a young boy: A reference to the future.
• Seeing angels in the image of women: The dreamer is lying to God in view of the following verse: “Hath your Lord then distinguished you (O men of Mecca (Makkah)) by giving you sons, and hath chosen for Himself females from among the angels? Lo! Verily ye speak an awful word!” (“Al-Israe” or “Bani Ismail” [The Children of Israel], verse 40.)
• Angels greeting the dreamer: Will be gifted with foresight and a happy ending.
• Seeing oneself as an angel: (1) If facing hardships: Relief will come. (2) If a bondman: Will be freed. (3) If an honest person: Will rise to leadership. (4) If a patient: Will die.
• A Jew seeing angels praying for him: Will embrace Islam in view of the Quranic verse: “He it is Who blesseth you, and His angels (bless you), that He may bring you forth from darkness unto light; and He is Merciful to the believers.” (“Al-Ahzab” [The Clans], verse 43.)
• A good person dreaming that an angel
is ordaining him to read the Book of Allah: A stern warning in view of the Quranic verse: “And it will be said unto him, ‘Read thy book. Thy soul sufficeth as reckoner against thee this day.’ “ (“Bani Israel” [The Children of Israel], verse 14.)
An Unidentified Angel Dream Explanation
— If an unknown persons is referred to as an angel
in the dream then surely he is none other than a great angel
of Allah Taala.
Angel Of death Dream Explanation
— (See Izrail; Robbery; Osprey)
Light Dream Explanation
— (Beam; Gleam; Radiance; Shine) Light
in a dream means guidance. Walking from a dark place into the light
in a dream means receiving guidance, divine acceptance and protection in this world and in the hereafter, and it represents richness after poverty, honor after humiliation, repentance following sin, sight after blindness and the opposite is also true should one see himself walking from light
into darkness in a dream. Light
in a dream also means Islam, or submission to Allah Almighty. Seeing light
in a dream denotes good deeds, knowledge, the Holy Quran, or a righteous son. In a dream, light
also may mean trials and tribulations. Wearing a raiment of light
in a dream means receiving knowledge, or it could represent one's growing devotion. If one sees light
beaming from his body in a dream, it means that he will be gifted with a son who will grow to be a man of great knowledge, spiritual rank, and whose prayers are accepted. Thus, whatever he ask, Allah Almighty will grant. Light
in a dream also represents a messenger, knowledge, or it could mean accomplishing one's needs in the light
in a dream also represents the sun, the moon, the daylight, sunshine, moonlight, the crescent moon, or the Arabic proper name Shams. (Also see Earth; Lantern)
Light Given off By Fire Dream Explanation
— To burn a fire in the dream and see people being guided by the light
of such a fire implies that the person who had enkindled the fire will, through knowledge and wisdom, become a guiding light
for the people.
Light-headedness Dream Explanation
— (See Blithe)
Eyes Dream Explanation
in a dream represent one's religion or wealth. If one sees grass growing all over him but does not cover his ears or eyes
in a dream, it means prosperity. One's eyes
in a dream also represent his faith and the road to victory in this life and in the next. One's eyes
in a dream also could represent his guidance or his heedlessness. Having many eyes
throughout one's body in a dream represents one's piety, vigilance and excellence of character. If one sees the eyes
of his heart in a dream, it means that he sees with the light
of clarity. If one sees a man looking at him with a side glance in a dream, it means that he will suffer from an adversity, mistrust, disapproval, suspicion and disdain at the hand of such a man. If such a man opens his eyes
and looks at him straight forward in the dream, it means that he will help him in his business or support his interests. If one's eyes
turn into iron in a dream, it means distress, a scandal or serious suffering from one's community. If one sees himself looking at women in his dream, it means that he commits adultery with his eyes
by looking and desiring what is unlawful. If one looks at someone's eyes
in a dream and likes them, it means that he will suffer from an adversity, religious corruption or jealousy. If one sees himself having an extra eye inside his body in a dream, it means that he is an atheist. If one sees himself having an extra eye over his shoulder in a dream, it means that he will be named to receive money in absentia. If one sees his eyes
transfixed in a dream, it means that he looks suspiciously at a relative or someone else's wife. Black eyes
in a dream represent a religious person. A bluish-black eyes
in a dream denote opposing one's religion. Blue eyes
in a dream mean religious innovations. Green eyes
in a dream mean a religion which is different from all religions. Sharp sight in a dream means blessings, while weak sight means joblessness and living from the generosity of others. If a father sees weakness in his sight in a dream, it means that a sickness will inflict his children. If one loses his eyes
in a dream, it means the death of his children. If a poor person or a prisoner sees that in a dream, it means that he will never become free again, or see any light
for the rest of his life. If an oppressed person sees weakness in his eyes
in a dream, it means that someone will help him overcome his adversities. If a traveller sees that dream, it means that he will never return to his homeland. If one sees that his eyes
belong to an unknown person in a dream, it means that he will become blind. If he recognizes that person in the dream, it means that he will be married to his daughter. If one's eyes
fall into his lap in a dream, it means the death of his brother or son. The eyes
of a human being in a dream also represent his beloved, his son or his faith. Any defect in them in the dream may reflect in such people. Having one hundred eyes
in a dream means money. The eyes
of a ruler represent his spies. Eyes
in a dream also represent a controller, a man or a spring. Treating one's eyes
with medicinal ointment in a dream means correcting one's religious life or begetting a son who will become the jewel light
of his father's eyes
or if one's brother is exiled or deported from his homeland, it means that he will solicit him and entrust him with duties toward his family. If one sees his sight better than what people think in the dream, it means that his inner character is better than what people think, or if he sees his sight weakened though people do not know about it in the dream, it means that he keeps his faith to himself. If one's eyes
become white in a dream, they represent sorrow, or loss of a beloved. If one sees his eyes
white, and if the white veil is lifted in the dream, it means that he will be reunited with his beloved and his distress will be dispelled. The right eye in a dream represents one's son and the left eye represents one's daughter. If a father sees one of his eyes
being transposed to mix with the other eye in a dream, and if he has a son and a daughter, he should separate their bedrooms. Eating someone's eye in a dream means steeling his money. Seeing one's eyes
without eyelashes in a dream means defying Allah's laws. If one unplugs his eyelashes in a dream, it means that he will expose himself to his enemy. Seeing beautiful eyes
in a dream could denote, sorcery, black magic, life or death. Eyes
in a dream also represent one's family, relatives, children or workers. Eyes
in a dream also signify mourning someone or they could denote a sickness. Smearing one's eyes
in a dream means calamities, sufferings and punishment for one's sins. To guard one's eyes
from looking at what is unlawful in a dream means heeding Allah's commands. (Also see Body)
Squinting of the eyes Dream Explanation
— Squinting of the eyes
in a dream means evil talk, or perhaps it could mean good news.
Discharge of the eyes Dream Explanation
— (See Mucous)
Gems of the eyes Dream Explanation
Holding the Sun Dream Explanation
— Holding or grasping the sum and having fullcontrol over it means that the observer of the dream will acquire dominion (or Land) in proportion to the amount he grasps provided the sum is clearly visible and its rays are crystal clear. If the light
and rays of the sun are seen shining
on someone the interpretation is the same as above.
Kohl Dream Explanation
— (Eye makeup; Makeup) Kohl in a dream represents money and clarity. If one is given some powdered kohl in a dream, it means money. If a righteous and Allah-fearing person places kohl on someone's eyes
in a dream, it means blessings and guidance. Finding a container of kohl in a dream means receiving money. Smearing one's eyes
with kohl in a dream means becoming more religious. If a blind person smears his eyes
with kohl in a dream, it means that he will miraculously recover his sight. If one smears his eyes
with a silver-white powdered mixture or antimony in a dream, it means that he will have two wives. If one coats his eyelids with butter or lather in a dream, it means that he is pursuing an unlawful heterosexual, or a loathsome homosexual relationship. Beautifying children's eyes
with other than kohl or antimony in a dream means molesting them. If one uses kohl as medicine for his eyes
in a dream, it means that he will correct his religious performance and commit his life to a allahly cause. If his intention is made to beautify himself with kohl in the dream, it means that he is seeking material success, or worldly promotion. If someone smears one's eyes
with kohl to the degree of blinding him in the dream, it means that he will defraud him of some money. If a virgin girl or a widow places kohl over her eyelids in a dream, it means her marriage. Coating or encrusting one's eyes
with blood or ashes in a dream means corruption and a non-acceptable marriage, or an illegal marriage. (Also see Makeup)
Incident Dream Explanation
— Someone used to regularly recite special prayers and offer their blessing to the benefit of the soul of Rabi'a Al-'Adawiyyah, God be pleased with her. One night, he saw her in a dream, and she said to him: "Your gifts are carried to us on trays of light
and are covered with light
Eye Dream Explanation
— The eye represents the person’s vision and discrimination between right and wrong. It also symbolizes money and children, as they are as dear as the eyes
. The black eye refers to religion, the blue religious violation, and the green a religion different from all others.
• Having several eyes
in the body: Excessive virtue and religion.
• Dreaming that one’s stomach has been opened and finding an eye in it: The dreamer is a hypocrite.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes
are those of a stranger: The dreamer will go blind and be guided by someone else.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes
are those of an identified person: The dreamer will marry that person’s daughter and benefit from him.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes
are gone: The dreamer’s children will die.
• A person in a foreign land dreaming that he is completely blind: He will stay abroad till he dies.
• Seeing one’s eyes
made of iron: The dreamer will be in deep trouble and the center of a scandal.
• Opening one’s eyes
to see a certain person: That person will look into the dreamer’s plea and help him.
• Staring angrily at someone: The dreamer will have spite for that person.
• Hearing with one’s eyes
and seeing with one’s ears: The dreamer is inciting his family and daughter to commit sins.
• Seeing the eye of a man or an animal in one’s palm: The dreamer will get plenty of money.
• Looking at an eye and liking it: The dreamer will do something harmful to his religion.
• The heart having an eye or eyes: Religious devotion inasmuch as they were bright.
• Squinting: The dreamer is eyeing women with lust.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes
have been pierced: The dreamer will lose someone or something very dear.
• Seeing something white in or around the pupil of the eye or a kind of screen: Trouble, deep worries, losses, and loss of aspirations.
• An absent relative returning blind: The dreamer will die.
• Having “the black water” (glaucoma) in the eyes
and being unable to see anything: The dreamer is shameless because, says Ibn Siren, the eye is the center of decency and shame.
• One’s eye becoming dim: The dreamer is eyeing a friendly woman indecently.
• Having weak eyesight: (1) The dreamer needs people’s help and is going adrift. (2) The dreamer’s children will be ill.
• The eyes
falling on one’s knees: Death of a brother and a son or any two other dear persons.
• Seeing a slave girl (the word in Arabic meaning “A running one”) or a couple of eyes
flying rapidly in the sky: Will make money from business or a craft.
Mucous Dream Explanation
— (Blear-eyed; Discharge of the eyes; Rheum) To see one's eyes
dimmed with foul discharges, or to see oneself blear-eyed in a dream means gazing at what is unlawful, becoming apathetic toward evil people, or suffering from financial difficulties, and for a woman it means inability to conceive children.
Siddiqun Dream Explanation
— He is the arc angel
Saddiqun, upon whom be peace, who is in charge of interpreting the meaning of dreams and visions, or giving explanatory parables drawn from the heavenly Preserved Tablet. Seeing him (uwbp) in a dream represents glad tidings, festivities, fulfilling promises, recognizing the inevitability of death, enjoying life, travels, coming home, marriage, children, a high ranking appointment, gaining power, victory, or perhaps defeat and humiliation. Whatever this blessed angel
of dreams gives or tells will take effect as it is, for he is in charge of such a duty. The arc angel
Saddiqun in a dream also represents the speaker of the house, the translator of the palace, the one who delivers the royal decree and knows the inner secrets. Seeing him in a dream also represents piety, medicine, clarity, perspicacity, transparency of one's vision, the school teacher who keeps looking at the blackboard, the librarian, an official speaker, logs, or books.
Burnishing Dream Explanation
— (Polishing; Shining) A wood finisher burnishing a piece of furniture in a dream represents a minister, or a statesman who deals with the high and the low. It also could mean associating with righteous people who point out one's pitfalls and help him to remove his ills. (Also see Sanding)
Applying Kuhl or Surma to the Eye Dream Explanation
— Applying surma to the eyes
suggest the observer's rightful conduct in matters of his Deen. Applying surma in the eyes
with the object of adornment suggest that the observer will accomplish a religious task as a result of which he will enjoy credibility amongst the people. Sometimes a perbond eye may sumbolise either his belonging, sons, brother or leader. Any excellence or defect in the eye will then reflect a similar excellence or defect in any of the above.
Ophthalmologist Dream Explanation
— (Eye doctor; Oculist) In a dream, an ophthalmologist represents a spiritual guide who brings people out of darkness into light
and who brings peace and unity between beloveds. An ophthalmologist in a dream also represents a teacher who entices people to seek knowledge, to reflect in advance about the consequences of their actions and to develop a sharp sight. An ophthalmologist in a dream also could represent a pearl diver, an ocean diver, one who digs wells or restores old springs, or an eye expert who can tell the difference between false eyes
from the true ones. An ophthalmologist in a dream also represents a preacher, or a counsellor who can show the difference between the path of righteous people and the path of the heedless ones. An ophthalmologist in a dream also may represent someone who has something to say, or news to report.
| || |