| |Marriage to One's Mother, Sister Etc. Dream Explanation
— If a person dreams that he is marrying his mother, sister
or any such person with
whom marriage is forbidden is Islam-and such a dream is seen in any of the sacred months of Thil-Qa'dah, Thil-Hijjah, Muiharram or Rajab-it means he will proceed to Makkah and Madeenah. But if such a dream is not seen in any of the said months it means he will treat his relatives with
kindness and serve them well. If his relationship with
them was estranged, it will be re-established.
Adultery Dream Explanation
— (Rape) Committing the abominable and forbidden act of adultery
in a dream means betrayal. If one sees himself doing so in a dream, it means that he will betray his wife. An unknown woman is better here than a known woman. Adultery
in a dream also means theft. If one sees an adulteress soliciting him for fornication in a dream it means that he might be lured to earn unlawful money. If one commits adultery with
a young and a beautiful woman in a dream, it means that he will place his earnings in a well-guarded place or a coffer. If a strong person commits adultery
in his dream and if he had to face the divine ordinance and chastisement for his sin in the dream, it means that his authority will expand. If the person in the dream qualifies for leadership, then he will be endowed with
one. If one sees himself committing adultery with
the wife of a close friend in a dream it means that he will take some money from him. If one reads the ruling of the divine ordinance concerning the punishment of adulterers in a dream, it means that he is an adulterer. If one deals with
an adulteress or with
a woman who has committed adultery
in a dream, then such a woman represents the world and its seekers. If a student on the path of Allah Almighty, who is known to have piety, good conduct and who has the look of a believer sees himself dealing with
an adulteress or a woman who has committed adultery
in a dream, it means that he will join the company of a gnostic and learn wisdom at his hand. If one sees a man and a woman sitting alone in an intimate setting in his dream, and if he recognizes them, it means that he desires some worldly interests from such a man. If a man sees himself raping a young woman in a dream, it means that he hides his savings in an unknown place. If he is caught after that, and if the divine ordinance is exacted in the dream, his dream means that he will follow the path of knowledge and understanding of religious jurisprudence. If one commits adultery with
an adulteress in a dream, it means that he will face severe trials. If one enters a brothel in his dream and finds it impossible to leave that place, it means that he may die shortly. If one sees himself sleeping with
someone else's wife, while the husband is not minding in a dream, it means that the husband will entrust him with
his home to manage. If one marries an adulteress in a dream, it means that he is an adulterer. (Also see Sexual intercourse)
Adultery Dream Explanation
symbolizes betrayal and theft.
• An adulteress flirting with
the dreamer: Will obtain dirty money.
• A concupiscent person having sex with
an adulteress: Will make sinful gains or will be involved in evil and intrigue.
• A virtuous and righteous person making love to an adulteress: Will add to his knowledge and blessings or will perform the pilgrimage to Mecca (Makkah). The contradiction between the above two cases lies in that sex, in general, symbolizes the fulfilment of wishes, be they religious or worldly, because sex is nothing else but pleasure, satisfaction, delight, or ecstasy. And the woman, in dreams, symbolizes the world or the dreamer’s life and livelihood. Therefore, the meaning of having intercourse with
a woman is contingent upon the tendencies of the dreamer, whether religious or earthly.
• Having sex with
an adulteress: Will make illegal or sinful gains or will really commit adultery
. (According to a verse in the Holy Quran, only an adulterer would have sex with
an adulteress (“Suratul Nur” [Light], verse 03.) If ejaculation has followed, the person should wash thoroughly.
• Seeing people going out of their way to an adulteress: Those people will concur with
or benefit from the views of a learned or wise man.
• Committing adultery with
a beautiful young woman: The dreamer is putting his money in a safe place.
• Being stoned to death after committing adultery: (1) Will become notorious. (2) For a religious-minded person, will acquire good learning.
• Committing adultery with
the wife of a person known to the dreamer: The dreamer wants to take a bite at his fortune.
• Sleeping with
somebody else’s wife while the husband is present and raises no objection: That man will entrust the dreamer with
the responsibility of looking after his household.
• Dreaming of reading the Quranic verse: “The adulterer and the adulteress, scourge ye each one of them (with) a hundred stripes. And let not pity for the twain withhold you from obedience to Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of believers witness their punishment” (“Al-Nur” [Light], verse 02): The dreamer is an adulterer or an adulteress.
• Seeing a man flirting with
a married woman: That man is coveting her husband.
• Entering a place where adultery
occurs or is in vogue and being unable to get out of it: Will die fast.
Brother in-law Dream Explanation
— Having a brother in-law in a dream and particularly for someone who does not have in-laws means strength, peace and tranquillity.
Father in-law Dream Explanation
— Having a father in-law in a dream and particularly for someone who does not have in-laws means strength, peace and tranquillity.
In-laws Dream Explanation
— (Adversities; Benefits; Brother in-law; Distress; Father-in-law; Mothering-law; Profits; Son in-law; Stress) Having in-laws in a dream for someone who does not have in-laws means strength, peace and tranquillity.
Finger Dream Explanation
— (Also see Dye.) Fingers are the brother’s children, since it is believed that the hand represents the brother. Those of the right hand refer to the Muslims five compulsory daily prayers. The left hand fingers are the children of the brother or sister
. The thumb is the dawn prayer, the index finger the noon prayer, the middle finger the early afternoon prayer, the ring finger, the sunset prayer, and the little finger the evening prayer.
• Having long fingers: The dreamer observes his religious duties, especially prayer. The reverse is also true.
• The imam (the Muslims spiritual leader) having long fingers: He is too greedy, tyrannical, and unfair to his subjects.
• A finger falling: Will abandon the related prayer.
• Seeing one finger in the place of another: The dreamer is performing the right prayer at the wrong time.
• Biting somebody’s fingertips: The bitten one is impolite, but the dreamer is inflicting too severe a punishment on him.
• Milk coming out of the dreamer’s thumb and blood from his index finger: He is having sex with
his mother-in-law and his wife’s sister
• Cracking the finger joints: Obscene talk in the family. The caliph Harun Al-Rasheed saw the Archangel of Death in a dream. He asked him, “How much longer shall I live?” to which Azrail replied by showing him his five fingers. The caliph woke up in a state of terror. He summoned a qualified dream interpreter who reassured him that what the Archangel of Death meant to say was that there are five things that only God knows; they include the hour, as per the relating verse in the Holy Quran: “Lo! Allah! With
Him is knowledge of the Hour. He sendeth down the rain, and knoweth that which is in the wombs. No soul knoweth what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul knoweth in what land it will die. Lo! Allah is Knower, Aware.” (“Luqman,” verse 34.)
• An ailment in the fingers: (1) Children are in trouble. (2) The dreamer is missing his prayers.
• The little finger having been cut off: A child will go away.
• The little finger being atrophied: Harm will befall the dreamer’s mother or family.
• The ring finger having been cut: The dreamer will have a son.
• The ring finger being atrophied: Harm will befall the dreamer’s daughter.
• The middle finger having been severed: The country’s best scholar or judge will die.
• The middle finger being atrophied: A brother will die.
• The index finger being atrophied: A sister
• The thumb being atrophied: The father will die.
• A man having four wives dreaming that four fingers were severed: All four will die.
• Cutting someone else’s fingers: Will wreak havoc on his money.
• The disappearance of the fingers: Servants will go.
• Chewing fingers: The end of a fortune.
• Contraction of the fingers: Will abandon or fail to sustain those female relatives with
whom sex is prohibited in Islam (mother, sister
, sister-in-law, et cetera).
Incident Dream Explanation
— A woman came to Imam Ibn Seerin and said: "I saw two pearls in my lap in a dream. One was bigger than the other. Then my sister
came and asked me to give her one of them, so I gave her the smaller pearl." Imam Ibn Seerin replied: 'You spoke the truth. You have learned two chapters from the Holy Qur'an. One of them is longer than the other, and you have taught your sister
the shorter one." The woman obliged.
Mongoose Dream Explanation
— The mongoose symbolizes adultery
. Seeing it means that the dreamer will commit adultery
, for it basically kills snakes, but it also steals hens, which according to Ibn Siren have similarities with
Sludge Dream Explanation
— (Black mud; Scum; Slum; Profits; Capital for business; Glad tidings; Dominance) In a dream, a sludge means good news and particularly if one cannot find clean water near it. If a poor person trips into sludge in a dream, it means that his will satisfy his needs. If an unmarried person sees sludge in his dream, it means that he will get married, and he will have a family, a fatherin-law and a mother-in-law. Though this gain of his will be accompanied with
trials and difficulties. Nevertheless, it will also remain under control.
Belt Dream Explanation
— (Cincture; Cummerbund; Fastening; Sash; Waist belt) In a dream, a belt depicts the carrier of burdens. It also implies travels, money, savings or stinginess. It also could mean serious endeavors and assiduity in seeking knowledge. A belt or a waistband in a dream could represent one's wife or his property. If a woman sees herself wearing a waistband, then it represents her brother, brother in-law, or father in-law. If she is pregnant, it means that she will beget a daughter. If a man sees himself wearing a waistband in a dream, it represents a woman in his family to whom it is unlawful for him to marry. A broken belt in a dream means a fight with
one's wife. If one's waistband becomes a snake in the dream, it means enmity with
his brother in-law. If his waistband is drenched in blood in the dream, it means that he may get killed because of his wife, or that he may conspire to kill his wife. Wearing a belt in a dream also represents bundles of money one carries, or an unanticipated misfortune he may attract. Buying a new belt in a dream means protecting one's property, money or knowledge. (Also see Cincture; Cummerbund; Waistband; Waist belt)
Executioner Dream Explanation
— (Torturer) An executioner in a dream represents an insolent and an insulting person, or he could denote a sickness, or the law
Seeping Dream Explanation
— (Leaking) Seeping water from a crack in a wall in a dream means adversities and distress caused by a brother or an in-law.
Red anemones Dream Explanation
— (bot.) In a dream, anemones represent fire, red cheeks, blushing, a beauty mark, the sickness of one's brother or sister
Returning a merchandise Dream Explanation
— (Business) Returning a merchandise to the merchant in a dream represents a highway robber, a thief, obstructing the trade, delaying a traveller, failing to observe the laws, or being careless about violating the law
Teeth in the Pocket Dream Explanation
— Pocketing the teeth or wrapping them in cloth or seeing them falling into the hand or keeping them in the house-any of these is a harbinger of a child, brother or sister
being born. If may also mean his deriving some benefit from one of them.
Gall Bladder Dream Explanation
— Dreaming of seeing a person biting the gallbladder of another until he dies means the assailant hates his adversary to the point of death. If, furthermore, he drinks the victim’s blood, he wrongly thinks that he can kill him and acquire or get away with
his money under the eyes of the law
Marriage Dream Explanation
— • High position, gains, and prosperity.
• Marrying and penetrating a woman: Dignity and the attainment of something the dreamer is striving for.
• Marrying a woman after seeing, knowing or identifying her or after she has been named to you: You will have a good or bad destiny in life, depending on the social position, virtue or vice, beauty or danger of that lady, or the meaning of the bride’s name.
• Marrying when the man already has one or more wives (Muslims may have up to four, provided they treat them fairly and equally): Elevation in life and benefit as much as the woman he had seen or identified was beautiful. If he had neither seen, identified her, nor heard her name, he or someone else would die in his arms.
• A woman seeing herself adorned and on her way to a bridegroom without reaching him: Death is near. If, on the contrary, she arrives at him and he penetrates her, that means benefit and happiness for her, inasmuch as her adornment and clothes appeared beautiful.
• Marrying the wife or sister
of a sheikh (meaning an old man, or more often a dignified person or tribal chieftain): Will achieve big gains. This is also true for a woman dreaming of marrying the husband or brother of an old lady.
• Marrying an obscene or vulgar woman: Will get killed.
• Seeing a woman taking a second husband can have three interpretations: (1) If she is pregnant, she will give birth to a girl. (2) The lady is trying to get her daughter married. (3) Dispute over marriage between the lady and her husband.
• Marriage contract involving an unidentified woman: Death, if the bride-groom is ill. Otherwise, it means that the dreamer will sign a contract that will bring him power or will testify against a dead person. Because women symbolize power, penetration is tantamount to killing and the penis is likened to a dagger or a spear stab that causes bloodshed.
• The dreamer marrying another’s wife and taking her to him: Loss of dignity and livelihood.
• Driving one’s wife to another man to have him marry her concurrently: Reduced power or business losses.
• Conversely, wedding one’s wife to another man and bringing the latter to her doorstep: Business gains.
• Seeing a sick man getting married without a woman (in the dream): The patient will die peacefully.
• Marrying a prohibited relative: The dreamer will prevail over his family.
• Marrying and penetrating a dead woman: The revival of a dead matter. But if the dreamer had neither penetrated nor even had intercourse with
her, success in that matter would be shaky.
• Having an incestuous marriage with
the dead: The dreamer will resume his duties towards his parents and dependents. (Also see Incest.)
• Conversely, marrying a religiously prohibited relative (wife’s sister
, for example) who is alive and well: Will not support parents and in-laws.
• A woman dreaming of a dead man marrying and penetrating her: Her wealth will shrink, she will suffer from instability, and her luck will change. If the dead man took her to his home, which she had not seen before, she would die.
• Marrying a woman who then dies: Will endeavour in a matter, only to reap nothing but sorrow.
• Marrying a woman of a different faith: Will have a spouse who will induce you into a sinful or unlawful experiment or to apostasy.
• Marrying an adulteress: Will yourself indulge in adultery
. (Also see Adultery
• Marrying any kind of animal: Will marry a woman having similarities with
such a beast. If the animal was consenting, the woman in question would go along in the husband’s direction, be it good or bad.
• Seeing a sick man getting married without a woman in sight or in a mysterious manner: The patient will die and rest peacefully.
Rape Dream Explanation
— (See Adultery)
Nipple Dream Explanation
— The nipple of the female breast in a dream represents one's personal wardrobe, or it could mean marriage. If water or milk comes out of it in a dream, it means finding a compatible husband. Otherwise, it may mean loss of a child or a sister
| || |