Women Dream Explanation
— The sight of a woman, in general, is a good augury, especially if she is sprightly, adorned, and complacent, with a smiling face. And the best woman to be seen in a dream is the unknown, young, virtuous, and very dark-skinned Arab woman, according to Ibn Siren. An unknown old and ugly or imperfect woman symbolizes life on earth, which is the essence of temptation and intrigue. Such a life appeared to the Holy Prophet in the shape of a woman when he ascended beyong heaven, one night, to meet Allah. Hence the belief that women
are temptation and intrigue. Similarly, worldly life was seen by many people in their dreams as an old, imperfect woman. It follows that a poor man dreaming that such a woman is considering his situation should expect luck to smile on him again. Flowers in his garden will blossom, his dead fields will start greening again, and he will become self-sufficient. If ill, he shall recover. If forgetful of life after death, he shall come back to his senses. The same dream applied to the public means that the people will reap harvest during the year in which they had lost hope or in the year that immediately follows it. It could also mean that a spreading and vicious war will come to an end and that normalcy will be restored.
• An unveiled and adorned old woman: A sign that success will be quick.
• A grim-faced old woman: Prestige will go.
• An ugly old woman: Things will turn upside-down to the dreamer’s detriment.
• A naked old woman: Scandal.
• A veiled old woman: Regret.
• An old woman entering the dreamer’s house: Luck and success in life.
• An old woman leaving the dreamer’s house: Will lose everything on earth.
• An old Muslim woman: An honest life.
• An old non-Muslim woman: A life full of sins.
• An old woman complying with the dreamer’s desires: Objectives will be fulfilled insomuch as she was complacent.
• An old woman disobeying the dreamer’s orders despite his pleas and insistence: Hurdles. The dream is more likely to come true if the old woman was an unidentified one. However, Sheikh Abdul Ghani Al-Nabulsi has a completely different concept of dreams involving old women
, a concept the author of this book finds more rational, since the Arabic word for old woman is ajouz from ajz, which means “incapacity” or “inability.” It follows that an old woman represents: (1) Incapacity, especially if she appears sick. (2) Declining fortune. (3) Sorrow. (4) The Hereafter, since senility is the reverse of liveliness. (5) Wine, since in Arabic the word khamr, or wine, could refer to an old woman.60 (6) A cow, since again in Arabic, an old woman is sometimes referred to as a cow. (7) Wickedness and deceit. (8) Gossip. (9) Fertility after despair. (10) Sterile land.
• A thirsty old woman: Drought.
• A weak old woman: A year of drought. The reverse is also true.
• A rejuvenated old woman: The end of drought.
• An old woman entering a patient’s room: Possible death.
• An old woman coming to a pregnant lady: Good augury, because old women
traditionally look after children and mothers after delivery.
• A man handling some important matter dreaming that he was in the company of or having sex with an old woman: Will fail and objectives will not be fulfilled.
• A veiled old woman with only the eyes visible: Hardships and regret.
• An ugly old woman: Intrigue and war.
• An old atheist woman: Illicit gains.
• An armed old woman: Lawful gains and joy.
• A woman dreaming that she had become old: Prestige, respect, and virtue.
• An unknown old woman: A dry year.
• People marvelling at an old woman descending from heaven: The year of the dreamer’s gains.
• An old woman having ceased to have sex dreaming that her vigour and sexual passion are back and that she is having legitimate intercourse: Will be more successful in both religious and worldly matters. In the event of forbidden sex she will be more successful only in earthly matters.
• A smiling and enthusiastic young woman flirting with the dreamer or allowing him to dominate or command her: Marriage or recovery from a stomach or any other disease.
• An unknown young, beautiful, neat, pious, and almost ascetic woman: The Hereafter and whatever is done to merit Paradise, such as honest living, good deeds, et cetera. But she could also symbolize: (1) Ephemeral life. (2) Money or assets that do not stay, as beauty withers away. (3) Dead earth. (4) A devastated house.
• A known woman with the above description: A reference to the person herself, a lady sharing the same name or who resembles her, or her opposite number.
• Seeing a woman so beautiful that the dreamer imagines her to be a creature from Paradise as described in the Holy Quran (houreyyah, or nymph with enormous black and pristine eyeballs contrasting with her skin, like a deer): Will die as a martyr for the sake of God.
• Seeing an earthly creature with that description: Being saved from any kind of trouble, money, a ship, a camel, or a caravan, et cetera, the dreamer will come back from a journey bringing welfare; any wish or request will be granted by the ruler or chief; crops will grow; and so on and so forth.
• A perfect woman: An allusion to what her name refers to on earth or in the other world, for a woman is a world in herself or to whoever enters her life; she is delight and passion and ecstasy. In terms of the Hereafter, she reforms her man on the religious plane. She could also symbolize power or the ruler or chief himself, because she governs her man by enticing him and arousing his passion, making him strive and toil like a slave to try to make her happy. Analogies are also drawn between women
and earth and the grave, as man comes from earth and returns to it; gardens, the fruit-bearing tree; the year (in view of what it conceives and delivers); cows (because of the milk) and ewes; the rain; and, revolting as it may seem to contemporary women’s liberation activists, anything that a man rides or steps on or that is hollow like a box, or used for storage, be it a ship, an animal, a sole or a complete shoe, a carpet or rug, or a sink. She is also represented by a glass bottle and by the toilet. Likewise, the woman symbolizes the prison; the partner, as she shares man’s wealth and pleasure; any secret, the underwear; the ink pot; and the seat.
• Talking to or mixing, joking, or playing with a pretty woman who has entered one’s house: (1) A fruitful year. (2) Welfare and joy. (3) An end to poverty and to poor luck. (4) Liberation from prison.
• A woman commanding people and inviting them to obey God: Piety.
• An authoritarian woman addressing the public and telling them what they should and what they should not do: Religious benefit.
• A woman as described above opposing the public or touching or kissing the audience or showing her private parts: Intrigue or a proving matter in which those seen getting anything from her will perish in view of verse 35 of the Quranic chapter “Al-Anbiyae” (The Prophets), which says: “Every soul must taste of death, and We try you with evil and with good, for ordeal. And unto Us ye will be returned.”
• A large number of women
being moved to a certain place on horse or camelback and carrying weapons or tools: Workers will flock to the area.
• Having a dispute with a woman, especially if she holds a public post or enjoys a high social position, then resenting her: (1) Will lose one’s bread. (2) Will fade out. (3) Well-being and power will wane, but after a while everything will be back to normal.
• Seeing a dishevelled woman—an absolute stranger: Will imminently lose something. But if she is pretty, will find it again.
• Kissing a lady: Will lose something.
• Having sex with a woman: Bad omen.
• Carrying a beautiful woman: (1) Recovery from a disease. (2) Release from prison. (3) Relief.
• A religious-minded man seeing an adulteress or an atheistic woman: Good augury and blessings.
• A profligate seeing an adulteress or a dissolute woman: His faith will weaken further; he will indulge in sins, vice, and evil.
• A sterile woman becoming pregnant: Welfare and reform in one’s life and in the Hereafter.
• A group of women
looking at the dreamer and one of them inviting him to join in: (1) Bad reputation, though innocent. (2) Will obtain what he is aiming for, but later on. (3) His enemies will not have the upper hand.
• A dispute among numerous women: Strange events will disturb some people. The reverse is also true.
• A young man smiling at the dreamer: The revival of dead matters.
• A fat woman: A fertile or fruitful year.
• A slim woman: A poor year.
• An old woman: Nothing good should be expected from such a dream, unless she is unveiled and adorned.
• Negresses61 coming to the dreamer: Lots of legitimate benefits.
• A black woman: A dark night. A bad omen, unless she belongs to someone.
• A white woman: A night softened by moonlight.
• A woman being sold: Power will wane and stability will be shaken, but not forever.
• Seeing a woman other than those the dreamer sees when he is awake: The dreamer will lose some of his assets, then find them again. Killing such a woman would mean that a large chunk of the dreamer’s wealth will go. Having sex with her means all his wealth will be lost.
• A lady seeing an old woman: (1) A reference to her own efforts. (2) Her endeavours will fail.
• A lady seeing a young woman: An enemy, whatever she looks like.
• A young woman dreaming that she has become old: She is a virtuous one.
• A woman dreaming that all her hair has turned white: (1) Her husband is a debauchee. If not, he will swap her for another woman or slave. (2) Somehow she will bring grief and sorrow to her husband.
• A woman with black hair: (1) Her husband loves her. (2) Her husband is a righteous man.
• A married woman dreaming that she has uncovered her hair: Her husband will be absent. If her hair remained uncovered, the husband would never come back.
• An unmarried woman dreaming that she has uncovered her hair: Will never get married.
• A woman seeing her thick hair admired by people: Will have a scandal.
Jewellry Worn by Women Dream Explanation
— if they are made from gold or silver they symbolise a pleasant life and embellishment for the women
, But if they are one or two ankle-rings or bracelets then they represent her husband, brother or father. The same is the interpretation of a crown although according to some, it presents a king or ruler.
Dreaming of Men, Women and Animals Dream Explanation
— To see someone speaking to the observer or giving him something suggests that the observer will socialize or deal with him or someone who bears a similar name or resembles him.
Shoemaker Dream Explanation
— In dreams, a shoemaker is a man who helps and serves women
and adorns them, because his job is to repair the shoes and soles, which, in the eyes of the ancient Arabs, symbolized women
. It could also be a reference to the female slaver.
Kohl Dream Explanation
— This is a sort of eye powder or powder of antimony, a preparation of soot and other ingredients, to darken edges of eyelids. It is extensively used by veiled Arab Bedouin women
, whose eyes are the only thing seen of their body, which renders them very attractive. It is also used for newly born Muslims and by certain Muslim men. Kohl and its usual container made of silver or the kohl bottle symbolize women
. They also refer to the sharp eye. Seeing a devout Muslim with kohl on his eyelids is regarded as a good dream. But it is not so if the kohl is used by a corrupt man.
Geese Dream Explanation
— In a dream, geese represent beautiful women
, handsome men or money. Honking gees in a dream represent death, drowning, crying or women
in mourning. Herding geese in a dream means becoming a leader or presiding over people, earning their respect and becoming wealthy through them. A goose in a dream represents a man under stress. Geese in a dream also represents survivability and control of life in water and on land. Wild geese in a dream represents travels, business, property, moving into a new neighbourhood. Geese eggs in a dream represent wealth.
Base Dream Explanation
— (Column base; Plinth) A column base or a plinth in a dream represents scholars, their circles, or their study room. A column base in a dream also could represent unmarried women
, one's wife, knowledge, a trade, or a craft, or religious precepts. Building or owning a column base in a dream also could signify marriage, children, guidance, knowledge, or a chronic illness. The column base of a mosque in a dream represents pious people and the column base of a house represent chaste women
Quicksilver Or Mercury Dream Explanation
— Quicksilver or mercury symbolizes the failure to keep one’s promises and the missing of appointments as well as frivolous behaviour, treason, and hypocrisy.
• Holding mercury: The dreamer’s religious faith is quite shaken, and he is the slave of his passions as well as a treacherous or untrustworthy person.
• Eating mercury: Trouble, worries, harm, and losses.
• Entering a quicksilver mine and coming out with something: The dreamer’s wife is a wicked woman who cheats him.
• Selling mercury: The dreamer will be safe from the intrigues of a cunning woman.
• Drowning in mercury: The dreamer will be enslaved by shrewd and enticing women
who have more than one card up their sleeve.
• Having plenty of mercury: The dreamer will acquire plenty of money by tricking or outsmarting women
Hunting Wild Animals that are Females Dream Explanation
— they represent men, women
Ink Pot or Ink Bottle Dream Explanation
— Symbolises a women
. If it breaks or is stolen his wife will die.
Astronomer Dream Explanation
— In a dream, an astronomer represents someone who trades with women
, a pimp, or a salesman.
Glass Dream Explanation
— According to Daniel the Wise, as quoted by Ibn Shaheen, glass symbolizes women
. For Ibn Siren, manufactured white glass represents religion and life, especially if the name God is written on or carved in it. Otherwise, it refers to the ephemeral. He also concurs that it is part of the essence of women
. If the name of a king is written on it, it means that the life of that king will soon come to an end. Glass seen in the form of a container is the least harmful. The Holy Prophet is said to have predicted the slaying of his own grandson, Al-Hussein (from his daughter Fatema Al-Zahrae), when told that he was seen in a dream holding a bottle. The Prophet said, “I shall collect in it the blood of Al-Husain.”28 Dreaming of dropping a glass bottle that breaks means the dreamer’s wife will die. If the dreamer is a bachelor, a female relative will pass away.
Reciting Surah Saad Dream Explanation
— Its reader will have much sense of honour. He will also display much love for women
, familiarizing and travelling with them.
A hen Dream Explanation
— It represents a blessed woman. If many hens are seen then they represent dames and women
who will gather together for some happy occasion such as a wedding.
Eggs of Unknown Birds Dream Explanation
— They represent beautiful women
with handsome faces if the beholder of the dream becomes the owner of the eggs or he finds them in his possession.
Fenugreek Dream Explanation
— (Medicinal solution prepared for women
after giving birth; Plant) In a dream, fenugreek represents hard earned money.
Fresh Fish Dream Explanation
— If they are huge and many they symbolise wealth and assets from the one who acquires them. If small and many it means he will be afflicted with grief and sorrow. If one or two, they represent one or two women
from who he will derive benefit.
The Ribs Dream Explanation
— The ribs symbolise the women
of his household. Any pain in the ribs is suggestive of similar mishaps in them.
Rib Dream Explanation
— The rib is the woman, because Eve is believed to have been created from Adam’s rib. Whatever happens to it in a dream applies to women