Women Dream Explanation
— The sight of a woman, in general, is a good augury, especially if she is sprightly, adorned, and complacent, with a smiling face. And the best woman to be seen in a dream is the unknown, young, virtuous, and very dark-skinned Arab woman, according to Ibn Siren. An unknown old
and ugly or imperfect woman symbolizes life on earth, which is the essence of temptation and intrigue. Such a life appeared to the Holy Prophet in the shape of a woman when he ascended beyong heaven, one night, to meet Allah. Hence the belief that women
are temptation and intrigue. Similarly, worldly life was seen by many people in their dreams as an old
, imperfect woman. It follows that a poor man dreaming that such a woman is considering his situation should expect luck to smile on him again. Flowers in his garden will blossom, his dead fields will start greening again, and he will become self-sufficient. If ill, he shall recover. If forgetful of life after death, he shall come back to his senses. The same dream applied to the public means that the people will reap harvest during the year in which they had lost hope or in the year that immediately follows it. It could also mean that a spreading and vicious war will come to an end and that normalcy will be restored.
• An unveiled and adorned old
woman: A sign that success will be quick.
• A grim-faced old
woman: Prestige will go.
• An ugly old
woman: Things will turn upside-down to the dreamer’s detriment.
• A naked old
• A veiled old
• An old
woman entering the dreamer’s house: Luck and success in life.
• An old
woman leaving the dreamer’s house: Will lose everything on earth.
• An old
Muslim woman: An honest life.
• An old
non-Muslim woman: A life full of sins.
• An old
woman complying with the dreamer’s desires: Objectives will be fulfilled insomuch as she was complacent.
• An old
woman disobeying the dreamer’s orders despite his pleas and insistence: Hurdles. The dream is more likely to come true if the old
woman was an unidentified one. However, Sheikh Abdul Ghani Al-Nabulsi has a completely different concept of dreams involving old women
, a concept the author of this book finds more rational, since the Arabic word for old
woman is ajouz from ajz, which means “incapacity” or “inability.” It follows that an old
woman represents: (1) Incapacity, especially if she appears sick. (2) Declining fortune. (3) Sorrow. (4) The Hereafter, since senility is the reverse of liveliness. (5) Wine, since in Arabic the word khamr, or wine, could refer to an old
woman.60 (6) A cow, since again in Arabic, an old
woman is sometimes referred to as a cow. (7) Wickedness and deceit. (8) Gossip. (9) Fertility after despair. (10) Sterile land.
• A thirsty old
• A weak old
woman: A year of drought. The reverse is also true.
• A rejuvenated old
woman: The end of drought.
• An old
woman entering a patient’s room: Possible death.
• An old
woman coming to a pregnant lady: Good augury, because old women
traditionally look after children and mothers after delivery.
• A man handling some important matter dreaming that he was in the company of or having sex with an old
woman: Will fail and objectives will not be fulfilled.
• A veiled old
woman with only the eyes visible: Hardships and regret.
• An ugly old
woman: Intrigue and war.
• An old
atheist woman: Illicit gains.
• An armed old
woman: Lawful gains and joy.
• A woman dreaming that she had become old: Prestige, respect, and virtue.
• An unknown old
woman: A dry year.
• People marvelling at an old
woman descending from heaven: The year of the dreamer’s gains.
• An old
woman having ceased to have sex dreaming that her vigour and sexual passion are back and that she is having legitimate intercourse: Will be more successful in both religious and worldly matters. In the event of forbidden sex she will be more successful only in earthly matters.
• A smiling and enthusiastic young woman flirting with the dreamer or allowing him to dominate or command her: Marriage or recovery from a stomach or any other disease.
• An unknown young, beautiful, neat, pious, and almost ascetic woman: The Hereafter and whatever is done to merit Paradise, such as honest living, good deeds, et cetera. But she could also symbolize: (1) Ephemeral life. (2) Money or assets that do not stay, as beauty withers away. (3) Dead earth. (4) A devastated house.
• A known woman with the above description: A reference to the person herself, a lady sharing the same name or who resembles her, or her opposite number.
• Seeing a woman so beautiful that the dreamer imagines her to be a creature from Paradise as described in the Holy Quran (houreyyah, or nymph with enormous black and pristine eyeballs contrasting with her skin, like a deer): Will die as a martyr for the sake of God.
• Seeing an earthly creature with that description: Being saved from any kind of trouble, money, a ship, a camel, or a caravan, et cetera, the dreamer will come back from a journey bringing welfare; any wish or request will be granted by the ruler or chief; crops will grow; and so on and so forth.
• A perfect woman: An allusion to what her name refers to on earth or in the other world, for a woman is a world in herself or to whoever enters her life; she is delight and passion and ecstasy. In terms of the Hereafter, she reforms her man on the religious plane. She could also symbolize power or the ruler or chief himself, because she governs her man by enticing him and arousing his passion, making him strive and toil like a slave to try to make her happy. Analogies are also drawn between women
and earth and the grave, as man comes from earth and returns to it; gardens, the fruit-bearing tree; the year (in view of what it conceives and delivers); cows (because of the milk) and ewes; the rain; and, revolting as it may seem to contemporary women’s liberation activists, anything that a man rides or steps on or that is hollow like a box, or used for storage, be it a ship, an animal, a sole or a complete shoe, a carpet or rug, or a sink. She is also represented by a glass bottle and by the toilet. Likewise, the woman symbolizes the prison; the partner, as she shares man’s wealth and pleasure; any secret, the underwear; the ink pot; and the seat.
• Talking to or mixing, joking, or playing with a pretty woman who has entered one’s house: (1) A fruitful year. (2) Welfare and joy. (3) An end to poverty and to poor luck. (4) Liberation from prison.
• A woman commanding people and inviting them to obey God: Piety.
• An authoritarian woman addressing the public and telling them what they should and what they should not do: Religious benefit.
• A woman as described above opposing the public or touching or kissing the audience or showing her private parts: Intrigue or a proving matter in which those seen getting anything from her will perish in view of verse 35 of the Quranic chapter “Al-Anbiyae” (The Prophets), which says: “Every soul must taste of death, and We try you with evil and with good, for ordeal. And unto Us ye will be returned.”
• A large number of women
being moved to a certain place on horse or camelback and carrying weapons or tools: Workers will flock to the area.
• Having a dispute with a woman, especially if she holds a public post or enjoys a high social position, then resenting her: (1) Will lose one’s bread. (2) Will fade out. (3) Well-being and power will wane, but after a while everything will be back to normal.
• Seeing a dishevelled woman—an absolute stranger: Will imminently lose something. But if she is pretty, will find it again.
• Kissing a lady: Will lose something.
• Having sex with a woman: Bad omen.
• Carrying a beautiful woman: (1) Recovery from a disease. (2) Release from prison. (3) Relief.
• A religious-minded man seeing an adulteress or an atheistic woman: Good augury and blessings.
• A profligate seeing an adulteress or a dissolute woman: His faith will weaken further; he will indulge in sins, vice, and evil.
• A sterile woman becoming pregnant: Welfare and reform in one’s life and in the Hereafter.
• A group of women
looking at the dreamer and one of them inviting him to join in: (1) Bad reputation, though innocent. (2) Will obtain what he is aiming for, but later on. (3) His enemies will not have the upper hand.
• A dispute among numerous women: Strange events will disturb some people. The reverse is also true.
• A young man smiling at the dreamer: The revival of dead matters.
• A fat woman: A fertile or fruitful year.
• A slim woman: A poor year.
• An old
woman: Nothing good should be expected from such a dream, unless she is unveiled and adorned.
• Negresses61 coming to the dreamer: Lots of legitimate benefits.
• A black woman: A dark night. A bad omen, unless she belongs to someone.
• A white woman: A night softened by moonlight.
• A woman being sold: Power will wane and stability will be shaken, but not forever.
• Seeing a woman other than those the dreamer sees when he is awake: The dreamer will lose some of his assets, then find them again. Killing such a woman would mean that a large chunk of the dreamer’s wealth will go. Having sex with her means all his wealth will be lost.
• A lady seeing an old
woman: (1) A reference to her own efforts. (2) Her endeavours will fail.
• A lady seeing a young woman: An enemy, whatever she looks like.
• A young woman dreaming that she has become old: She is a virtuous one.
• A woman dreaming that all her hair has turned white: (1) Her husband is a debauchee. If not, he will swap her for another woman or slave. (2) Somehow she will bring grief and sorrow to her husband.
• A woman with black hair: (1) Her husband loves her. (2) Her husband is a righteous man.
• A married woman dreaming that she has uncovered her hair: Her husband will be absent. If her hair remained uncovered, the husband would never come back.
• An unmarried woman dreaming that she has uncovered her hair: Will never get married.
• A woman seeing her thick hair admired by people: Will have a scandal.
Men of knowledge Dream Explanation
— (See Scholars)
Righteous men Dream Explanation
— (See Scholars; Shepherd)
Wise men Dream Explanation
— (See Elders)
Jewellry Worn by Women Dream Explanation
— if they are made from gold or silver they symbolise a pleasant life and embellishment for the women
, But if they are one or two ankle-rings or bracelets then they represent her husband, brother or father. The same is the interpretation of a crown although according to some, it presents a king or ruler.
Hunting Wild Animals that are Females Dream Explanation
— they represent men
Kohl Dream Explanation
— This is a sort of eye powder or powder of antimony, a preparation of soot and other ingredients, to darken edges of eyelids. It is extensively used by veiled Arab Bedouin women
, whose eyes are the only thing seen of their body, which renders them very attractive. It is also used for newly born Muslims and by certain Muslim men
. Kohl and its usual container made of silver or the kohl bottle symbolize women
. They also refer to the sharp eye. Seeing a devout Muslim with kohl on his eyelids is regarded as a good dream. But it is not so if the kohl is used by a corrupt man.
Nudity in the Masjid Dream Explanation
— If a person sees himself as nude
in the masjid or market place or in any other place, provided non had seen his aurah nor had anyone taunted him it suggest cheerfulness after sorrow, good health after sickness, atonement from sins and freedom from debts.
Geese Dream Explanation
— In a dream, geese represent beautiful women
, handsome men
or money. Honking gees in a dream represent death, drowning, crying or women
in mourning. Herding geese in a dream means becoming a leader or presiding over people, earning their respect and becoming wealthy through them. A goose in a dream represents a man under stress. Geese in a dream also represents survivability and control of life in water and on land. Wild geese in a dream represents travels, business, property, moving into a new neighbourhood. Geese eggs in a dream represent wealth.
Struggle Dream Explanation
— (See Inner-struggle; Jihad; Wrestling)
Wearing a pearl Necklace Dream Explanation
— If a person sees himself wearing a necklace made of pearls, it means he will commit the Holy Quran to memory and he will become trustworthy and Allah-fearing. He will be a person with a huge family. He will be held in high esteem by men
alike. The more strings there are to such a necklace the greater will be his trustworthiness and esteem and family.
Fight Dream Explanation
— The rule of interpretation in dreams involving fighting and wrestling
is that if the two adversaries are of different kinds, like man and animal, he who wins in the dream will triumph in reality. Otherwise, it is the winner who is the loser.
Wrestle Dream Explanation
, in a dream, means antagonism and hostility. If the two adversaries are of the same kind, like two human beings, the one defeated will triumph in reality. If not, the dream should be taken at face value.
Silk Dream Explanation
— There are contradictory interpretations about silk, for basically it means illicit money. Red silk is a good dream for women
and a bad one for men
. It could also mean abstract thinking or total isolation to consider some matter (meditation). White silk is better than colored silk, and colored silk is better than black, which means trouble and worries. As usual, the yellow color refers to disease. According to Al-Kirmani, as quoted by Ibn Shaheen, seeing silk means wealth and piety—in other words, the best of two worlds.