| |Crescent Dream Explanation
— (New moon) If the new crescent
appears in its correct position in a dream, it means begetting a blessed son or receiving an important appointment or profits from one's business. Seeing the gathering of several crescents in a dream means attending the pilgrimage to Mecca. A red crescent
in a dream means a miscarriage. If a crescent
falls to the earth in a dream, it means a newborn. Seeing the new crescent
when everyone else is looking an failing to see it in a dream represents one's death, or it could mean that one will be aberrant and corrupt during that year of his life. Seeing the new moon at a time other than the time of its birth in a dream means happy news, glad tidings, the home returning of a long awaited traveller or having a newborn. The birth of a new moon in a dream also denotes the truth of one's promise, or it could mean receiving money, for rent is usually due at the beginning of each month. The appearance of the new moon or crescent
in the wrong position, such as in the South or the North in a dream means committing or witnessing a despicable action that arouses abhorrence and that may die quickly, depending on how long will that new crescent
remain in that position. The new crescent
in a dream also represents a leader, an unexpected happy news or it could represent the cry of a newborn or a rebel. If the new crescent
stands surrounded with a gloomy darkness, or if water or blood dribbles away from it, even if there is no rain during that night in the dream, it denotes the arrival of a traveler from his journey or the climbing of a muezzin to the minaret to call for prayers or the standing of a preacher on the pulpit to give his sermon, payment of one's debts, performing one's obligatory pilgrimage or the end of one's life. If the new crescent
is opaque, or if it is created from yellow copper, or if it has the shape of a serpent or a scorpion in the dream, then it denotes evil. Seeing the new crescent
in a dream in the same night it is supposed to be born means that one's wife will conceive a child. In a dream, a new crescent
also represents a little child, repentance from sin, dispelling adversities, release from prison or recovering from an illness. Seeing the crescent
when it is rising in a dream is better than seeing it when it is declining. If the new crescent
suddenly disappears in one's dream, it means that one's project, object or intention will not be fulfilled. (Also see Moon)
Star Dream Explanation
— Stars symbolize people. Those that have a masculine name represent men; those with a feminine name allude to women. Big ones refer to notables, small ones to youths, children, or slaves. The ones the Arabs used as guiding marks when they moved in the desert are the Prophet Muhammad’s companions. Stars that had once upon a time been worshipped instead of God and were thus metamorphosed, says Ibn Siren, like the Dog Star
or Sirius, Venus, and Canopus, symbolize irreligious and evil persons. For a king, the stars are his soldiers and followers; for a bride or a bridegroom the stars are her or his entourage.
• Stars falling on earth or in the sea or burning out: Bloodshed and killings.
• Manipulating or seizing the stars and putting them on one’s knees: The dreamer will become a leader, a judge, or a king, if eligible. Otherwise, he will become an astronomer.
• Stars falling on the head of a sick person: (1) He will die. (2) He will be assailed by creditors.
• A star
falling on a pregnant woman: She will give birth to a male or female child, depending on whether the star
in question had a masculine or feminine name. It could also mean that the lady will die if there are other signs to this effect in the dream.
• Seeing stars in daylight: Scandals and notoriety, major events, catastrophes, ‘failure to find suitors for one’s daughters, et cetera.
• Stars assembled and twinkling at one’s place: Joy and happiness or notables will celebrate a happy occasion at the dreamer’s house.
• Using the stars as guiding marks: The dreamer is observing the Tradition of the Muslims Holy Prophet.
• Stealing a star
from the sky: The dreamer will steal something dangerous from a king and cause the doom of an honest man.
• Turning into a star: Dignity and honour.
• Seeing Canopus: The dreamer will be unlucky to the end of life.
• Seeing Venus or Jupiter: The dreamer will be well received by people.
• Riding on a star: The dreamer will have power and influence and plenty of blessings.
• Stars disappearing from the sky: The dreamer’s fortune will be lost. If already poor, he will die.
• Seeing stars under one’s roof: Bad omen. Home will be destroyed and the dreamer himself will die.
• Eating stars: The dreamer will eat up people’s money.
• Destroying stars without eating them: Notables will mingle in the dreamer’s business and uncover his secrets. He might also be insulting the companions of the Muslims Holy Prophet.
• Sucking the stars: The dreamer will learn science from wise men.
Star Dream Explanation
— (Astral; Celestial spheres; Constellation; Dog star; Moon; Procyon; Sirius; Stars) In a dream, a star
represents the best and the most noble of people. Seeing the stars scintillating with lights and gathered inside one's house in a dream means that great people, or some of the leaders of the country will meet at that house. If the stars are gathered in one's house, and if their light is dimmed in the dream, it means that such people will secretly meet in that house under constraint, or because of a calamity. Holding a star
in one's hand in a dream means begetting a noble son who will grow to be a great leader. Stealing a star
in a dream means stealing a valuable thing. Seeing a star
falling from the skies in a dream means that a calamity will befall that place and it will particularly affect the life of a great and noble person, or it could mean the death of the governor of that town. In general, stars in a dream represent political leaders, the most knowledgeable of scholars, the most noble of people in the society and the richest of the rich. Seeing many stars inside one's house in a dream also may signify having a large family. Seeing the seven major stars, or the fixed stars of the solar system in a dream represents the trades, businesses, knowledge and the leadership in the land. Each of such stars brings a different luck. Seeing a brilliant star
in a dream means happiness and leadership. If a rich person sees the skies without stars in a dream, it means loss of his wealth. If a poor person sees the skies without stars in a dream, it means his death. Holding little stars in one's hand in a dream means acquiring fame and presiding over people. Seeing a star
over one's head in a dream means becoming renowned and surpassing one's associates, or it could mean serving in a high ranking position. If one sees brilliant stars gathering in one place in his dream, it means that he will reap benefits from a business trip, or safely return home from such a successful business trip. Riding a star
in a dream means leadership, strength and wealth. If one sees the stars fixed under his roof in a dream, it means a calamity, or destruction of one's house, or it could mean the death of the head of the household. Eating stars in a dream means swindling people of their money. Swallowing a star
in a dream means mixing with noble people and sharing one's personal life with them, or it could mean insulting or slandering the companions of Allah's Prophet upon whom be peace. Sucking on a star
in a dream means learning at the hands of great scholars or a wise sheikh. If a Fortuneteller or an astrologer sees himself eating stars in a dream, it means that he will be selected to fill an important job from which he will prosper. As for the majority of people, eating stars in a dream means death. Seeing the stars scattered in a dream means the death of great leaders or scholars, or it could mean a war. Seeing the stars falling down on earth then disappearing, or the lights of meteors entering the earth atmosphere in a dream, represents a great destruction and death. The falling of small stars in a dream signifies the death of unknown people and the meek ones, while the falling of large stars represent the death of renowned people. Seeing the stars falling from the skies also could mean becoming bald or losing one's hair. Whereby, the stars represent one's hair and the skies represent one's head. Seeing the stars during the daylight time in a dream means scandals, notoriety, or major events and calamities. Seeing the morning stars in a dream means a wedding. Becoming a star
in a dream means acquiring wealth and fame. Seeing stars that denote the coming of winter in a dream means distress and sorrow, while seeing the stars that denote the coming of summer in a dream mean happiness and good living. (Also see Celestial spheres; Ship)
Morning star Dream Explanation
— (See Wedding; Star)
Star in the Hand Dream Explanation
in the hand heralds the birth of a pious boy.
Dog star Dream Explanation
— (astr. See Dog)
New moon Dream Explanation
— (See Crescent)
Moon Dream Explanation
— The moon symbolizes the emperor, the supreme commander, or a person as influential as the former. The stars around it are his soldiers, the Pleiades are his houses or his wives and slave girls. It could also refer to the knowledgeable man, the scholar or all sorts of guides, evidence, references, and indications, for it lights people’s way in the darkness, especially during the last three nights in the Arabic month, which are the darkest. It alludes as well to children, the husband or wife, the master, and the beautiful female, owing to its beauty, particularly when it is full. Likewise, the moon alludes to whatever increases and decreases, because this, in fact, is what happens to it regularly when it starts as a crescent
, turns into a full moon, then becomes again like a bracket. The new moon, or crescent
, also represents a king, a prince, a commander, a leader, the newborn as it starts appearing from the vagina or as it utters its first cries, the hot bread just coming from the oven, a person reappearing after a long absence, the muath-then, or the one who cries for prayers, as he appears in his minaret, the orator at the podium, et cetera.
• A sick person seeing the moon at the beginning of the (Islamic) month descending on him or coming to him: Will recover.
• A sick person seeing the moon descending on him or coming to him according to the shape of the moon: The remaining days in the month represent the days, months, or years (depending on other signs in the dream) left for him to live.
• A crescent
descending on a person at the beginning of the month: An absent one will return from a trip.
• The moon descending on a person at the end of the month: Will be estranged or stay abroad.
• The moon seen on the dreamer’s knees or in his hand: Will marry someone as bright as the moonlight.
• The moon rising in the sky: A process has been initiated (something the dreamer is trying to achieve).
• The moon disappearing: It is too late for whatever the dreamer is asking or striving for.
• A full moon right where it should be, shining in the sky: The prime minister will be good to the people of that place.
• Seeing one’s face reflected in the moon: Will die.
• Hanging to the moon: Will obtain some benefits from the sultan.
• A king seeing the moon having become dark: His subjects will harm him and deny everything good he had done to them.
• The moon becoming the sun: Benefits, money, and prosperity on the part of the wife or the mother.
• Being in perfect agreement with the moon: A reference to travellers, sailors, and astrologers or astronomers.
• Looking to the sky and failing to spot the moon, then looking down to find it in bits and pieces on the ground: (1) If a chemist or someone working with gold: Will go bankrupt. (2) If poor: Will have plenty of riches. (3) If a woman: Her husband will be killed.
• Seeing a crescent: Will triumph over enemies.
• Seeing a crescent
during hajj (pilgrimage) months or days: Will perform hajj, especially if the head was shaved in the dream.
• Crescents assembled in the sky: Will go on hajj.
• A crescent
rising from the east or the west and people admiring it on the first or last night of the Islamic month: Great news will come from that direction. If it were gleaming, scintillating, or sparkling, the news would be good. If, on the contrary, it was dark, made of brass or copper or looking like a snake or a scorpion, the news would be bad. The greater its size or its evolution in the sky, the more wide-ranging the news would be.
• Seeing a beautiful and harmonious crescent: Will have a nice baby, be given a province, or achieve business gains, depending on the dreamer’s status.
• The crescent
looking red: Wife will have a miscarriage.
• A crescent
falling on the ground: Death of a scholar or a son.
• People trying unsuccessfully to get a glimpse of the new moon, which is visible only to the dreamer: The latter will die.
Astral Dream Explanation
— (See Star)
Meteor Dream Explanation
— (See Star)
Firmament Dream Explanation
— (See Skies; Star)
Leaders Dream Explanation
— (See Elders; Star)
Procyon Dream Explanation
— (Star. See Dog)
Politician Dream Explanation
— (See Counselor; Figure; Star)
Sirius Dream Explanation
— (Constellation; Star
. See Dog)
The Moon of the First Night of the Lunar Month Dream Explanation
— If a person sees the crescent
of the first night of the lunar month, but in reality it is not the first day of the lunar month, one of the following interpretations could be given : (a) he will been entrusted with someduty pertaining to governing of the land or country, (9) a child will be born in his home,(c) a missing person will return, (d) some new event will occur.
Richness Dream Explanation
— Richness in a dream means poverty or contentment. (Also see Star)
Incident Dream Explanation
— Once the Caliph Omar Bin Al-Khattab, God be pleased with him, appointed a judge for Syria. When the man left Mecca, one night he saw in a dream that the sun, the moon, and the stars were fighting against one another. Then, the man himself became a star
and participated in the fight in the dream. Halfway through his journey, the man returned to Medina and told the Caliph about his dream. Omar asked: "When you became a star
in the dream, did you fight on the side of the sun or that of the moon?" The man replied: "I fought on the side of the moon." Omar replied: "Go away, and do not work for me." Later on, the man joined the army of Yaz'id in Syria and died fighting the caliphate during the battle of Siffin.
Jupiter Dream Explanation
— (Planet) The planet Jupiter in a dream represents a treasurer. Seeing it along with the Moon in a dream means business trading, prosperity, or rising in station. If one sees it descending, or star-crossed, or burning in a dream, then it represents literary gatherings, poetic recitals, dream interpretation, poetry, singing, prayers, fasting, making a pilgrimage to Allah's House in Mecca and offering religious devotion. (Also see Heavens)
Wedding Dream Explanation
— If one sees himself as a bridegroom on his wedding night, accompanied with musicians and dancers in the dream, it means that he may die in that place. If one sees himself having marital intercourse with his bride, but could not see her or recognize her, nor is she named to him in the dream, it also means his death. If one sees and recognizes his bride, or if she is named as his bride in the dream, then it means acquiring wealth. (Also see Bride; Locksmith; Star)
| || |